Odd problem with worksheets when opening file

Okay, here's the odd problem that's come up.

When you double click on a excel file, excel opens up, but you can onl
see the toolbars.  The grid area looks like a snapshot of whatever you
current background is before the file opened up.  If you were showin
your desktop, after the excel file opened, you'd still see your deskto
in the datagrid area.

If you start up a new excel file, then do the File>Open>file name, th
file will open correctly.

This problem happens across users here.  Everyone is currently runnin
office 2K.

Any ideas on what causes the problem and any fixes/workarounds?

Thanks
Dre

I have had this experience...everything being the same except instead o
the desktop it was just greyed out....as if you had closed th
worksheet, and you were just in excel..Someone brought this up a fe
months ago and it was addressed.  I remember that the solution worked.
Sorry, I forgetwhat it was. Do a search in this forum and I'm sur
you'll find it eventually

Sometimes, one of these works:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

--- or ---

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

factory defaults.

"PSmurf78 <" wrote:

> Okay, here's the odd problem that's come up.
>
> When you double click on a excel file, excel opens up, but you can only
> see the toolbars.  The grid area looks like a snapshot of whatever your
> current background is before the file opened up.  If you were showing
> your desktop, after the excel file opened, you'd still see your desktop
> in the datagrid area.
>
> If you start up a new excel file, then do the File>Open>file name, the
> file will open correctly.
>
> This problem happens across users here.  Everyone is currently running
> office 2K.
>
> Any ideas on what causes the problem and any fixes/workarounds?
>
> Thanks
> Drew
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

docmd.transfertext problem

SQL deadlock problem

worksheet tabs 01-06-10
Hi In the 2003 excel-- Is there a way to have the worksheet tabs automatically go in alphabetical order-- or do you have to do in manually? -- Thank-you! Ruth Ruth, Use this code: Sub ArrangeSheetsInOrder() Dim iCount As Integer Application.ScreenUpdating = False iCount = Sheets.Count For i = 1 To iCount - 1 For j = i + 1 To iCount If Sheets(j).Name < Sheets(i).Name Then Sheets(j).Move Before:=Sheets(i) End If Next j Next i End Sub "Ruth" wrote: > Hi > > In the 2003 excel-- Is there a way to have the worksheet tabs automatically ...

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Exchange update problem

MS Money 95 data files

cant start outlook pst file to large

Where is the workspace file stored?

Opening Excel Workbooks

Planned Open Market Days

opening .bak file

Border problems

Trying to read XML file into dataset

how do i change colour of scroll bar in worksheet
I find it very difficult to see the scroll bar in my excel workshhet as they are white, can they be changed to a colour and if so how ? Are the scrollbars white in other applications? In win98, I could change some display settings, but I couldn't change the scrollbar colors. But if the scrollbars aren't white in other applications, then this can't be the solution. Jayne wrote: > > I find it very difficult to see the scroll bar in my excel workshhet as they > are white, can they be changed to a colour and if so how ? -- Dave Peterson In word they are, but not on a...

Excel Problem

SOAP Exception

Outlook 2002 XP SP 3 Archive problem
Hi there I am trying to get my newly configured outlook to archive my folders. I have ust configured it to download two POP email accounts and that works fine. I have set up a set of folders below my outlook (Personal Folders / pst) inbox node and placed the relevant emails in the corresponding folders. I have gone into tools -> options -> other -> and pressed the "AutoArchive..." button -> and set the "clean out folders older than" selection boxes to "3" and "Months" and pressed the "apply these setting to all folders" button. I ...

Please Help w/ Large Excel File
Hello everyone. I have this Excel file that has drawing text box objects in the document. When I delete a text box the attributes still are present, but just not showing. It is continually growing my file size. When I export the document to HTML after deleting all the text box drawing objects and saving the file, the text box objects still show as vtextbox elements in this file. I tried to reproduce this with a new Excel workbook but could not. I would be greatful if anyone can figure this out, as I have a lot of documents to re-create if there is no solution. Thank you. exce...