ODBC database query

I am working with an Access database to keep track of everyone's jobs at
work.  I have Excel files with macros that pull information from the
database and display it in a report form.  My problem is that I seem to
be running out of space within the macros.  I get to the database using
an ODBC link.  Once I filter the data and complete the macro, the
filtered data displays perfectly, but if I save and close the file,
then open it again, the macro contains errors.  When I open the macro
and look at the coding, it looks like it cuts off at a certain point as
if I had filled my character quota.  Is there any way that I can expand
this limit or am I just going to have to deal with it?

--
gneissgirl
gneissgirl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28714

Random List from Query
For accrediation purposes we have to audit a random 10% of our cases each quarter I was wondering if there is a way to run a query or report that would let me show a random 10% of cases for a specific provider. ...

CRM customization query
Hi, I have a customization query, I want to see the number of records available before I am getting the data for reports. I need this because, I want to generate a report by applying some filter criteria but at the same time I want the resultant record number below a specific limit. On the advance find, after I am applying the filters we get hte resultant data by clicking on the Find button. This takes us to the page where we can see the data. Now I want to add a new button on the Advance find screen on click of which I can get the record count of the result set for the filter i have ...

What ODBC Driver for XL 2003?
Hi there, can anyone tell me if there are updated ODBC drivers for XL 2003? The reason that I ask is because when I set up a data source that points to an .XLS file, you can only select up to Excel 2000. When I view the spreadsheet in MS Query, some of the cells that contain data in the spreadsheet are blank. I don't know what installed MDAC and the drivers. Either SQL Server 2000, Visual Studio 6, VS .Net 2003 or MS Office 2003. The driver version is 4.00.6019.00. "Gorge Bush" wrote ... Unfortunate name. > can anyone tell me if there are updated ODBC ...

a count field in a query?

Parameter query in Access 2003 report
I want to create a parameter query that asks the user to select one, many, or all values from a field when opening a report. I would like the selection to be available from a list, radio box, or pull down menu to minimize spelling errors, etc. Unfortunately the list is of names which number about 100. Can this be done? If so, could someone please point me to the help pages that describe this process? My solution seems clunky but it is the only way I can see how to do it. Any suggestions as to how else might I best approach this? Thanks in advance Debbie See my sample database that shows ...

Visio 2002 Pro database column notes
Hi, I know this question has been asked before, but I'm still not sure where to go from here! I have reverse engineered a database, and fully documented each table and column via the notes fields. It is my understanding that in this version, the notes cannot be printed or exported out. Looking at previous posts in this ng, it has been suggested that this is only available in the "Enterprise Edition". After looking at Microsoft's site, it seems that Visio 2002 Enterprise comes in two versions, Network and Architect. Can both of these access/print the notes fields? The Net...

Generate selective query results
Who can give me advice? In a table I am storing the information of apartments and their total surface area in square meters within a building. When I select an apartment within a building in a form, I would like to print a report of maximum 10 equivalent apartments of approximately the same size (surface area ± 2 m2). Of these apartments I would like to see the apartment number and the size of the surface area. I tried the Top 10 option but that does not give me the correct result. Key of the table is the building number (CPX_NUMBER). The fieldname of the apartment is VHE_NUMBER ...

delete database
How do I delete an entire database so I can create a new one with the exact same name??? Arve Arve, SO Administrator | File | Connect | enter your password | Database | Delete Be REAL sure you really want to do this as it can't be undone. Do a backup just in case!! -- = "Arve" <arve@nordichouse.com> wrote in message news:AB995B20-385E-46C4-9711-E88F511E0CD4@microsoft.com... > How do I delete an entire database so I can create a new one with the > exact > same name??? > > Arve ...

Money Plus QIFs --> personal database
Hello- I am exploring the idea of exporting all MS Money accounts to QIF files, parsing all those QIF files, then writing the complete data to a more relatively 'open' database - Access, SQLite, MySQL, something like that. Not that this would capture all the data in a Money MNY file but it would be a start. And its a fun pet project... The resulting database would have tables such as accounts, transactions and splits, categories, payees, etc. Everything in a QIF file. Knowing the context of a MS Money QIF export, my question to the group is, does anyone know of any public resource...

Form Query
I am trying to run a query for a form, I am using the following criteria [form]![frmSchoolsQry]![txtschool] . The form name and the text box from the form. When I click the command button the launch the query a parameter dialog pop up. The dialog ask for the text that is in the text box. I use forms to query dates, they work great, why don’t this work? Any suggestions? You're missing an s in Form: [Forms]![frmSchoolsQry]![txtschool] -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "rap43" <rap43@discussions.microsoft.com>...

How to update a specific field from a Find Duplicates querie
I have to update 1 table that has multiple duplications. If i search for duplicate on Field1, Field2, and Field3 all matching, i receive many duplicates where Field4 and Field 5 are different and/or Null. What do i need to do to the query so that Field4 and Field5 will be automatically updated when the duplicate is found? Current: Field1 Field2 Field3 Field4 Field5 Mike Smith 1234 KEEP Mike Smith 1234 DELETE 9012 Desire result: Field1 Field2 Field3 Field4 Field5 Mike Smith 1234 KEEP 9012 (...

Save query result in a variable
hi! hope you can help me AGAIN! i have a form that let's the user pick a name, job, between dates, tax(with or without) and percentage. this is for calculating the comision each employee has earned. i did this by a query that gets the info from the form adn then opens a report and in the report i make the calculations. but it turns out that several employees have 2 or more "jobs" and for each one diferent % of comission. the form and the reports handdle it fine, i'm looking for a way to add all of this reports for each person. i was thinking of saving the sum of each que...

Help with SQL Query 06-30-10
We have a distinct list of email addresses in alpha order and we need to transform it from a single column into a grid of three columns maintaining the alpha order. The list is contained in a temp table inside of our query. We then use the temp table list and perform case statement with a mod on the row_number in a select statement to columnze the data. However, the columnar data contains a null value in two of the three columns and we are needing to remove the nulls and have the actual values on each row in the output. Here is our current sql: CREATE TABLE #tmpTable ( Email_Add...

where databases are to be stored in Access
i don't know where databases are to be stored in access, im excited about the search on access in order to be a professional user like others. cheers Microsoft Access uses a single file, with the ".mdb" extension, to store everything. -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ "darkus" <darkus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0933B08B-2051-4C0F-B0E7-D644C7E7B606@microsoft.com... > i don't know where ...

Union Query with division
Hello, it would like to join two tables, Table1 and Table2, however when joining table2 the items listed in that table need to be divided by 2. I normally do this division in a query then join that query to the union query with table1. I wonder if I can accomplish the same thing directly from the union query only. Also, is there a way to rename a customer ID with the same query? (See Customer 9 as example, changing to Customer 15) Example: Table1: [Customer] [Hours] Customer 1 10 Customer 3 5 Table2: [Customer] [Hours] Customer 9 ...

Jet database engine does not recognize... ?
Understand this is a problem typically related to Access pivot-table queries. Am not sure why I'm running into it or how to resolve it. Situation: Have a pivot-table query. The results are read into a standard SELECT query, Summary Closed. A third SELECT query is then used to read that standard SELECT query with the intention of generating a running total. The third query in reduced form (meaning I'm backtracking, trying to get something working right) is simply: SELECT [Summary Closed].* FROM [Summary Closed]; No problem - it regurgitates Summary Closed, a SELECT query. To rea...

Database degrag query
Hi , I am using exchange 2003 with SP1. I have calculated the total size of mailboxes , it is total 30 GB. But the size if edb file is 50 GB and stm file is 25 GB . I have defraged the database offline so that it will purge the white space if there is any. but after defrag no difference in size of the database. it is still 50gb edb and 25 gb stm file. can anuone explain if i have only 30gb total mailbox size then why it is taking so much space. there is no rules and othere things define. Waiting for your help. Regards, Abhi. On 25 Oct 2004 20:45:43 -0700, pandeyabhishek2000@yahoo.com (abhi...

Query-based distribution group anomaly
When I do a TOOLS ~ OPTIONS ~ DELEGATES in Outlook 2003 and try to set a query-based distribution group as a delegate it seems to accept the group and whatever permissions I assign. But as soon as I click OK and then come back in to inspect it, the query-based distribution group has no permissions at all. This happens every time. However, in the same situation, whenever I assign a Global Security Group as a delegate and assign permissions, they stick. Should my query-based distribution group be accepted or is this kind of group not permitted as a delegate? But then if it's not perm...

XML vs. SQL Database
I am developing a home project to be later released as an online application. I am currently using XML to store game data, user/member data, and other. Assuming a user base of 10,000 active users, is there a conflict if one user is updating information and another user is creating data on the same xml file? For example: User 1: update inventory that exists in the XML file User 2: new user adding their inventory data in the XML file Thanks for your help. Michael "Michael Jesse" <michaeljesse1973@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:tUVDd.13357$iC4.7938@newssvr30.news....

including dblink in a query to retrieve data
I connect to a table using a db link i want to execute an spl query and populate results in to a pivo table. My MS Query does not allow me to use a dblink and connect to th table. Please help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

SQL Query
I'm trying to create a query that will result in receipt transaction details from POP10310 combined with GL transactions from GL20000 and so far no success. I assume I also need POP10300 in the mix. Which field(s) should I be joining between GL20000 and POP10300 or PO10310? Thanks. Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP NOVA Solutions LLC Melbourne, FL Try using POP30310 instead. The receipt transactions would have to be posted before anything got to GL20000. -- Jim@TurboChef "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP" wrote: > I'm trying to create a query that will result in receipt transaction &...

Same database can not opened in the other computer.
Hello, I found it now that my church database can be run in my office computer, but when I run it in my laptop I can not oper it with the erorr message: The document filename.mdb caused a serious error the last time it was opened. Would youlike to continue opening it?". Is this the work of Virus, I have McAffee antivirus in my laptop. Thanks for any help -- Frank Situmorang Hi Frank, Have you tried bringing a copy from the computer at your church to replace your existing copy at home? Perhaps your copy is corrupted. Note: It would be best to stick to the thr...

Outlook 2002 Rules query
I receive every so often an email detailing job vacancies. Sometimes the email will have no jobs in it. What I want to do is to set up a rule such that if the phrase "We have found the following 0 jobs" occurs in the email, it is deleted. I can't see how to do that, as the action to delete is *before* the "except with certain words" option, and because of the nature of the phrase, I can't do it the other way round, i.e. say "delete the email unless it has this phrase in it" because the number may vary from 1 to anything up to 10 or more. Anyone any...

Query: Link data between worksheets?
I'm trying to find a shortcut to save me some time. This is the problem: I'm setting up a master worksheet, and 30 to 40 "slave" worksheets tha need to run off it (all within the same workbook). The slave worksheet all retrieve data from the master. The data is setup to run across i rows (i.e. Row 1 contains 1 record). Each record has an individua identification number entered in column A. Is there a way that I can tell the slave sheets to copy an entire row based purely on the identification number entered in column A? Thanks in advance if anyone can help, as this could ...

Table name length in microsoft query
Hi! Is it true that the maximum length of a tablename is still 8 characters. I'm useing Excel 97 and trying to get data from a Paradox 9 table via odbc-link and Microsoft Query. I have heard a few years ago that long names are OK and supported all over the microsoftian regime. Is there any trick to avoid this without shortening all the names. Greetings from Helsinki HK ...