Numeric content in one cell ( implicit formula ) and the result in another one

Hi,

I made some search before, but too much information at the same time.
So I post this question:

In cell  D2 , I have the following content : 10002/(14971213 - 37375)
/1000000)

In cell E2, I would like to have the result value of data in cell D2
: 669,754

I would not work with "left...len... search... right.." as the format
( then formula ) in cell D2 may change.
Is  there a function giving the computed result of a cell and put the
result in another one?

Best regards

Pierre

In cell E2, will the formula "=D2" do it for you?  Or is that too
simplistic and I don't understand your requirement?

0
CycleZen (674)
2/28/2005 1:39:02 PM
=E2

--

HTH

RP

"PeDevillers" <pierre.devillers@evola.be> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I made some search before, but too much information at the same time.
> So I post this question:
>
> In cell  D2 , I have the following content : 10002/(14971213 - 37375)
> /1000000)
>
> In cell E2, I would like to have the result value of data in cell D2
> : 669,754
>
> I would not work with "left...len... search... right.." as the format
> ( then formula ) in cell D2 may change.
> Is  there a function giving the computed result of a cell and put the
> result in another one?
>
> Best regards
>
> Pierre

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
2/28/2005 1:47:33 PM
You can try =value(D2), and you can round(value(D2),3) if you'd like to get
it rounded.

"PeDevillers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I made some search before, but too much information at the same time.
> So I post this question:
>
> In cell  D2 , I have the following content : 10002/(14971213 - 37375)
> /1000000)
>
> In cell E2, I would like to have the result value of data in cell D2
> : 669,754
>
> I would not work with "left...len... search... right.." as the format
> ( then formula ) in cell D2 may change.
> Is  there a function giving the computed result of a cell and put the
> result in another one?
>
> Best regards
>
> Pierre

I meant D2 of course.

--

HTH

RP

"Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> =E2
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> RP
>

> "PeDevillers" <pierre.devillers@evola.be> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I made some search before, but too much information at the same time.
> > So I post this question:
> >
> > In cell  D2 , I have the following content : 10002/(14971213 - 37375)
> > /1000000)
> >
> > In cell E2, I would like to have the result value of data in cell D2
> > : 669,754
> >
> > I would not work with "left...len... search... right.." as the format
> > ( then formula ) in cell D2 may change.
> > Is  there a function giving the computed result of a cell and put the
> > result in another one?
> >
> > Best regards
> >
> > Pierre

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
2/28/2005 4:57:51 PM
I also though it was as simple as =D2, but it doesn't work.
Maybe I did not explain clearly.

Another single example : in cell D2 :  1000-800
I want in E2 : 200

If I enter in E2   =D2 ,    in E2 I have 1000-800

Note : Dave, I am not sure if " has importance or not.
If you try, does it work?

Best regards
Pierre
Select cell E2, and create a workbook name of say Eval with a RefersTo value
of =Evaluate(D2)

In E2, add =Eval

--

> I also though it was as simple as =D2, but it doesn't work.
> Maybe I did not explain clearly.
>
> Another single example : in cell D2 :  1000-800
> I want in E2 : 200
>
> If I enter in E2   =D2 ,    in E2 I have 1000-800
>
> Note : Dave, I am not sure if " has importance or not.
> If you try, does it work?
>
> Best regards
> Pierre

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
2/28/2005 6:20:35 PM
Thanks to put me on the track.
I solved my problem like this : create a module in VBA called eval
with content

Function Eval(E As Range)
    Eval = Application.Evaluate(E.Text)
End Function

and I refer to that in E2 result cell   =eval(D2)

I was just surpised that a so elementary function doesn't exist in
standard list of function.

best regards
Pierre

Prevent clicking on a cell

if cell is text move left one column

Separating Date and Time in a cell

Help With Margin Formula

Automatic changes in cells

how can I do a lookup into another sheet?
how can I do a lookup into another sheet? thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Try something like =VLOOKUP(123,Sheet2!A1:B10,2,FALSE) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "melawaisi" <melawaisi.ws67m@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:melawaisi.ws67m@excelforum-nospam.com... > > how can I do a lookup into another sheet? > thanks > > > ------...

Calculating on alphabetic cell content

Sorting Cells by Colors