numbers in excel it automatically adds two decimal points in the .

If I'm typing a number in Excel 2003 and it doens't contain any decimal
points, Excel automatilly adds one or two for me. The example I indicated
above refers to me entering "8" (for the number of hours worked in a day) and
after typing it, it appears as "0" in the cell and ".08" in the total column.
I've tried Format > Numbers > Text and this works, but I have to do it on an
individual basis. I'd like to turn this off completely.
0
bethleota (1)

Hi
goto 'Tools - Options - Edit' and uncheck 'Fixed Decimals'

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"bethleota" <bethleota@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:D4BC2573-46A5-4504-B45E-F8ABEDEE908D@microsoft.com...
> If I'm typing a number in Excel 2003 and it doens't contain any
decimal
> points, Excel automatilly adds one or two for me. The example I
indicated
> above refers to me entering "8" (for the number of hours worked in a
day) and
> after typing it, it appears as "0" in the cell and ".08" in the total
column.
> I've tried Format > Numbers > Text and this works, but I have to do
it on an
> individual basis. I'd like to turn this off completely.

0
frank.kabel (11126)

number rounding in MS Excel

Can I show a number like 1,935,674,923 as 1.9B?
I would like to reformat 10- and 11-digit the numbers (e.g. like 1,935,674,923 as 1.9B). Can this be done? Custom format: 0.0,,,"B" best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:262241F3-063E-4F97-B864-A629EC670112@microsoft.com... > I would like to reformat 10- and 11-digit the numbers (e.g. like > 1,935,674,923 as 1.9B). Can this be done? Dave, Use a custom format of #.#,,,"B" or 0.0,,,"B" depending on ho...

file size sometimes doubles when changing one or two cells
Hi, i have a very strange problem with excel2000. When i change one or two cells in a sheet containing links, the file size doubles or triples in size? This is only the case when working in a terminal server environment. When working with the same files in a normal environment (pc + network drive), this is not the case. Can this be a wrong setting in excel2000 on the terminal server environment? Any help or hints are very welcome. Thanks Wim ...

open two different Access reports

how do i compare two columns and remove duplicates?
i need to repeat a specific function almost daily. i have two coulums of 10 digit numbers. a is about 10 k to 60 k. b is usually less than 10 k. i want to search a for the sets of numbers in b. when found i need to elimnate them from both colums. i am a beginner in excel. i believe a macro can do this but have no idea how to create one. aljernon805 wrote: > i need to repeat a specific function almost daily. i have two coulums of 10 > digit numbers. a is about 10 k to 60 k. b is usually less than 10 k. i > want to search a for the sets of numbers in b. when f...

SpreadSheetML (XML for Excel)

Public Folder link to Excel File

Filters in Excel 2003

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

How do I match identical data from two different worksheets in one
Hallo, I have two lists :A with 3 Columns: Name, First Name, E-mail and list B with 7 Columns : Name, First Name, Street, City, Region, Post Code and Counrty The names of list A are included in the list B. How can I have the names and the e-mail addresses of list A matched with the names of list B ? -- Myrto use a VLOOKUP in the second sheet to pull in the information from the first sheet. http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/flashfiles/vlookup.html -- Allllen "Myrto" wrote: > Hallo, > > I have two lists :A with 3 Columns: Name, First Name, E-mail > and list B ...

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

how many receivers i can add

Phone Number Filtering

printing imported gif files in Excel