numbers #2

Though I have formatted my cells (US currency, 2 decimal
places, a comma sign and "$" sign), I can't seem to get a
column of numbers - one number in each cell - all in the
same column to line up properly. They look alligned on the
monitor but when printed out they are slightly off. I also
tried to allign "left" but it made no difference.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

0
anonymous (74722)

a post on a similar issue:

http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=236685&highlight=currency+alignmen

sounds like a printer thing. Could be drivers or internal.
lack of good service could cause the printer's functions
to deteriorate over time even if it has been printing
every time all the time.

0
anonymous (74722)
9/1/2004 5:56:32 PM
2 straight-forward possibilities are:

1) you are using a proportional font, so the character "8" is wider than the
character "1".  This would throw out the alignment of figures more remote
from the decimal point.

2) If you have negative numbers displayed in brackets, make sure that the
formatting of the positive numbers ends in "_)" so as to print an invisible
close bracket to the right and ensure that the decimal point is aligned with
negatives.

--
Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears
> Though I have formatted my cells (US currency, 2 decimal
> places, a comma sign and "$" sign), I can't seem to get a
> column of numbers - one number in each cell - all in the
> same column to line up properly. They look alligned on the
> monitor but when printed out they are slightly off. I also
> tried to allign "left" but it made no difference.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
mind-the-gap (250)
9/1/2004 6:02:11 PM
Thanks for that heads-up.  I shall look out for that.

--
"Adface" <Adface@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>A third possibility (as I found out the hard way) is that the "wrap text"
> feature has been checked as an option.  When that happens the decimals
> will
> not align no matter what you do.
>
> "Jack Schitt" wrote:
>
>> 2 straight-forward possibilities are:
>>
>> 1) you are using a proportional font, so the character "8" is wider than
>> the
>> character "1".  This would throw out the alignment of figures more remote
>> from the decimal point.
>>
>> 2) If you have negative numbers displayed in brackets, make sure that the
>> formatting of the positive numbers ends in "_)" so as to print an
>> invisible
>> close bracket to the right and ensure that the decimal point is aligned
>> with
>> negatives.
>>
>> --
>> Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears
>> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Though I have formatted my cells (US currency, 2 decimal
>> > places, a comma sign and "$" sign), I can't seem to get a
>> > column of numbers - one number in each cell - all in the
>> > same column to line up properly. They look alligned on the
>> > monitor but when printed out they are slightly off. I also
>> > tried to allign "left" but it made no difference.
>> >
>> > Any ideas?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance.

0
mind-the-gap (250)

MS Outlook Add-in/software
Hi. Anyone know a Add-in/software tool which "read through" all emails and catch sender emails, names & telephone numbers? (It should be reading the email signature and the purpose is to store these data in Excel, csv or Access). ...

link in XML when displayed in DataSet (XmlReadMode.Auto) #2

General Number Format
Folks, I have a problem with the format of the numbers in my spreadsheet. Every number seems to be dividing itself by 1000. eg. if i put 4 into a cell, it changes itself to 0.004. I have checked to format of the general number and it is set to 0.001 as its example. HOw can I get this back to normal? Any help??? -- johnerr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ johnerr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25805 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=392070 Check Tools>Options>...

i want to download "Advanced Windowsby Jeffrey Richter" ISBN:1572315482 please any one give me the link to download this book for free thank you #2
Hi, i want to download "Advanced Windowsby Jeffrey Richter" ISBN: 1572315482 please any one give me the link to download this book for free thank you Please can anyone send this book to my gmail account. My account is rameshbabupeddapalli@gmail.com. Get over this man. You already posted this. Stop this nonsense of sending books to you email account. --- Ajay <rameshbabupeddapalli@gmail.com> wrote in message news:6034dee8-df53-4506-9eb9-8ee137bf83ba@s37g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > i want to download "Advanced Windowsby Jeffrey Richter" ISBN:...

2 home PC's networked
Hi folks, Here's my problem ... i have two PC's in my house and thet are newworked, but they both were stand-alone for a long time. First question - is it possible to 'merge' the email folders on them (contacts already the same by using phone / activesynch) and secondly, is it possible to have only one copy of iutlook active in future, no matter which PC i work on (so all the emails and replies will be in the same place )? Many thanks and seasons greetings to all, Garry +353 87 238 5832 Ireland Garry Kennedy <garrykennedy@pobox.com> wrote: > Here's m...

Store Procedures in CRM 1.2 no consistant
Hi, When running the Upgrade adviser, i get the following problem. Stored procedures in CRM DB not consistant with CRm 1.2??? Seems some of them are lost??? Don't know how or why but i need to know how to fix... , Secondly, the MSSearch Service will not start, Anyone had problems with this, says it can't find the file specified??? ...

How to set focus to the window shown by the API ShowWindow(SW_SHOW) #2
Hi, I am using ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) to hide my window when minimizing the application.. Now, when user clicks on the icon I am using code, ShowWindow(SW_SHOW) to show my window back to the screen.. and it comes back.. But still the window does not come on top.. it comes on the last z-order.. so, if that window is the only window on my screen i am able to see the window.. of if another window is smaller than mine winodw, i will be able to see the remaining portion of my window.. my window is getting focused but other windows (after loosing focus - in inactive state) shows up on the top.....

Registration/Serial Numbers For Re-Installation Of Office X
I have had Office X installed on my desktop for several years with few problems. I recently bought my wife an new iMac and myself a Powerbook and I'm trying to install Office from the installation CD on both machines. It is an Upgrade CD, as I've owned several earlier versions of Office. I was able to obtain the Product ID for Office from the "About..." pull-down menu option on my desktop computer. I also have something called the Product Key labeled to the installation CD itself. I've misplaced or lost any other documentation that came with the application in its origin...

sort text as numbers excell2003 to 2000
when i sort descending i get the following results, i have tried every setting i can think of and cannot get it to sort correctly in 2000 the workbook was created in 2003 0 0 0 87.3 87.1 75.2 67.3 54.2 "jimk" <jimk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAB8425F-A0D8-4BEB-84BC-FAA652A04B28@microsoft.com... > when i sort descending i get the following results, i have tried every > setting i can think of and cannot get it to sort correctly in 2000 the > workbook was created in 2003 > 0 > 0 > 0 > 87.3 > 87.1 > 75.2 > 67.3 > 54.2 Whe...

Thread synchronization problem #2
Hello I am facing a problem in sychronizing 2 threads. I do have 2 classes (CPlayBuffer & CPlay) and 2 threads. CPlayBuffer will start from the main application. CPlay(Write into wave out device) thread will start from CPlayBuffer(read from the socket) thread. I am reserving 5buffers. As soon as i get 5 buffers i am signalling an event to notify the play thread to start read from the buffer queue. I am maintaining a circular buffer. In that i am keeping write position, read position, filled buffer nos. I am using CRITICAL_SECTION to avoid overlapping of the variable between 2...

Question Regarding Excel 2007 Formatting Corruption #2

division formula #2
when i try to divide 100 by 0, its gives me error message #DIV/0!. This i undersatnd is immpossible. But can i setup a formula if any number being divided by zero the outcome should be zero or n/a. Thanks One way: A1 = 100 A2 = 0 (or empty cell which evaluates to 0) =IF(A2=0,0,A1/A2) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Rohit" <Rohit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5F4D107-4AE0-473B-AC2B-D011CFD7AE29@microsoft.com... > when i try to divide 100 by 0, its gives me error message #DIV/0!. This i > undersatnd is immpossible. But can i setup a formula if any...

CRM Email Router #2
Hi, All ! I have some problems with CRM3.0 (latest beta) and the Email Router. The Exchange Server and the CRM Server (+SQL 2005) are on different machines within the same domain. CRM Email Router installs the service as "localsystem" by default. When Trying to send a Mail to a crm-enabled user (rule deployed), I receive an Error in the event log for the CRM Email Router: HTTP Request unauthorized. OK, No I changed the owner of the Service to "Domain Administrator" and gave this user access to the Exchange Email Account for CRM forwarding. I also switched off the p...

Display only duplicate values and delete UNIQUE Items #2
I have large excel file - which has duplicate items in, I would like to compare col A and Col B and if any of the items in apear in that combination anywhere else in the colums then i want either a helper col to show its is a duplicate or to highlight it in a different colour. Ideally as as this will be done by may people ( who will not follow instructions on how to do this ) i would like for them to just open up a file and then press on a button .... Eg: A | B| Help Col 1 | 5 | Duplicate 2 | 6 | 3 | 7 | 4 | 9 | 1 | 5 | Duplicate 1 | 5 | Duplicate Any suggestions? I can suggest a way to...

How 2 reverse order of columns
I want to reverse the order of columns in a worksheet. Specifically, someone has sent me a file of utility usage data in which the most recent date is in column B and the oldest date is in column M. I want to reverse that, putting the most recent date in M and the earliest in B. Is there a way to do this without manually cutting and pasting? Yes. Data>Sort, click Options, and then Left to Right, OK, Descending -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Bill Meacham" <BillMeacham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7FDC2EC1-DD7E-4963-B1F0-...

CRM Licences #2
Hi, It has become apparent since installing CRM 4 that we also need CRM 3 due to some of the systems that we have integrating with it and the need for mobile users to be able to access the system from a PDA. I have used a seperate server and installed CRM 3 and used a 10 user licence. I need to add more licences to the server so my question is how do I do that, where do I get licences from and what type of licences do they need to be? Sorry that was 3 questions. Thanks in advance Contact Microsoft Volume Licensing. You can probably purchase a ver 4 CAL and recieve a Ver 3 along w...

Default Font #2
I want to change the default font in Publisher 2000. Not sure how to do this - in Word it can be done through the Font dialog box but not in Publisher - any ideas. Thx, All the defaults were removed from Publisher after Publisher 97 as Microsoft decided you no longer needed or wanted these features. Even with Publisher 2003 there are still no defaults added back decided screams from users, but there is a work around add-in that does go partially to fixing the much desired feature for users. -- Hi ���MS�Publisher��� (donotknock@nobodyhome.com) in the newsgroups you posted: || All the...

Find Serial Numbers from RMS-POS
Add Serial Numbers to the 'Find' feature in Items. Currently, Serial Numbers can only be found via a Report. Stores that rely on S/N tracking (guns for example) need the ability to Find S/N quickly from within POS instead of having to run a report in Store Operations Manager. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based New...

PLease help: How to activate activeX control? #2
Thanks but if I want to SetTimer in the control and the HWND is NULL, I cannot create timer event. Then, I must use visible control? Anthony >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> When a control is set to be invisible at run time it does not have a HWND internally (IE hWnd == NULL). (It does from the container programs perspective, but that is irrelevant). Take a look at the VB Common Dialog Control for an...

2 FONT Color menu boxes that can display 2 different colors independently
Hi I need help with a code that can allow 2 FONT Color menu boxes in the toolbar that can allow me to display 2 different colors at one time independently. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements AFAIK, you can't have independent font colour buttons. You could record the steps as you apply font colour to a cell, then assi...

Publisher 2000 won't give consecutive page numbers...how to fix?
I've tried to print consecutive page numbers following the directions in Publisher. I didn't type a page number into the text box; however, I did change what number to begin using. Each page has the same number. ...

Office 2008 finds update is needed, but won't update... #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I check for updates, Office 2008 recognizes that I need an update (12.0.1). It downloads and when the software tries to search for a drive that needs the update, it doesn't find one . I get this message next to a STOP sign with exclamation point... You cannot install Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac 12.0.1 Update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume. This doesn't make sense to me. I have the software installed when Word was open, I would go to ...

gmail #2
I'm trying to add a new email account to my outlook, but I don't know what catagory gmail falls into? PoP3, IMAP, etc? Check out gmail's website, it has specific instructions (which you need to follow) to use gmail with Outlook. "What Catagory is Gmail?" <What Catagory is Gmail?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5834BEA-5E44-4F21-9E1F-033ABAE45FF3@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to add a new email account to my outlook, but I don't know what > catagory gmail falls into? PoP3, IMAP, etc? Gmail is a POP3 Server The general sett...

Html Add-in #2
Hi ..Did anybody used the html addin or used the fire event(perform add item) if so then please provide an example as i really need it..thanks Faisal ...

Removing External Links #2
Hello, I have a spreadsheet that seems to think it needs to link to another spreadsheet, but I know better! I looked under Edit>Links and found the file name and searched for it on all worksheets. I could not find it in the formulas. I checked my named ranges and none of them contain the offending file name. I have buttons to which I have assigned macros, and none of them point to a macro contained in the offending file. Does anyone have other ideas where I might look to remove this external reference? By the way, I am running 2000, which doesn't have the ability to break links. ...