numbering

Is there a way to format a cell so that you can put in a 1
and then the next time you print it out that number will
change to 2 and so on?
0
anne5910 (1)

Hiding the Sender From a Large Number of Recipients?
Hello, I have just started using Outlook 2007 and I am looking to send out email to a large number of recipients without them having know the exact person it was sent out from. I would like to have a substitute in place of the actual person's name/email address that it is coming from. This is different from using the Bcc field to hide the people I send a Cc to. Is there any way to do this? Any response appreciated. Assuming that this is for legitmate purposes and that you are not totally trying to "fake" the sender's address - a quick and common method used for bro...

Can I calculate negative numbers to = zero in excel?
When I do an autosum some of the numbers are equally negative numbers. But I want them to just SHOW zero instead. Is this possible? You can use the round function: =round(your number,0) "HeyTriciaC" wrote: > When I do an autosum some of the numbers are equally negative numbers. But I > want them to just SHOW zero instead. Is this possible? In a new column run something like =IF(a1<0,0,a1) Once the first cell is done, highlight it and hold down the shift key and tap down arrow or page down keys then hit control d (copys down). "HeyTriciaC" wrote: >...

many numbers in one cell separated by hyphen.
Many numbers in one cell separated by hyphen. How to put them in separate rows of one column? one way: Choose Data/Text to Columns. Select the Delimited radio button and choose Next. Enter a hyphen in the "Other" field, then click Finish. In article <CA641783-057C-4AC2-BFD3-34BDD11B80A1@microsoft.com>, "baju" <baju@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Many numbers in one cell separated by hyphen. How to put them in separate > rows of one column? I would say the quickest way is to select the column and do Data > Text to Columns, using &quo...

How can I track batch numbers of products sold?
I need to track batch numbers of products sold and had expected to simply add a one-to-many custom entity under the order product entity. However it seems that you cannot create relationships between Order Product and - well - anything! Is this a system limitation, and can anyone suggest a workaround? Thanks! On Apr 18, 10:50 pm, BillB <B...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to track batch numbers of products sold and had expected to simply add > a one-to-many custom entity under the order product entity. > > However it seems that you cannot create relationshi...

if the numbers in sequence
Hi All, I have a 7 cells in a row like A1,A2,A3...A7. Each cell contains numbers from 1 to 13. Is there any way to make a formula to calculate if there is any sequence of 5 numbers. example if A1=5,A2=7,A3=8,A4=9,A5=10,A6=3,A7=4 not sequence A1=6,A2=7,A3=8,A4=9,A5=10,A6=3,A7=4 Try this =3DIF(AND(A2>A1,(A2:A5)-(A1:A4)=3D1),"Sequence","Not Sequence") Not just enter, Use Ctrl + Shift + Enter On Nov 15, 1:06=A0pm, baha <bah...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > I have a 7 cells in a row like A1,A2,A3...A7. Each cell contains > numbers f...

find duplicate numbers in a column?
Hi! i have a spreadsheet that is accessed by 12 different users all day. in column A we enter stock numbers. Is there a way to have Excel let me know if there are ever duplicate stock numbers entered? i can insert new columns to do this...just not sure what formulas i would use to do that?? any help is greatlly appreciated!! thanks in advance! -- JENNYC ------------------------------------------------------------------------ JENNYC's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19579 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=481999 ...

adding a zero in front of number
how do you add a zero in front of other numbers, I am using item numbers and most start with zero, just shows whole numbers when I enter. example 095421 when I enter shows 95421. help. Hi When the number must remain numeric data, then format the cell as Custom "00000" (the number of 0's determines to which length is the entry padded). When you want the number to be converted to string, then use the formula (in my example the original number resides in cell A1) =TEXT(A1,"00000") (again, the number of 0's in format string determines the length of padding) Arvi ...

starting page number
Can anyone tell me how to change the starting page number in Pub 2002? In earlier versions it's straight forward, but in 02 I can't work it out with help or the manual. I've sorted it out thanks - insert section ...

How do I convert nnnnnnnnnn to nnn nnn nnnn (Telephone numbers)?
Using Win XP, Excel 2003. I have hundreds of telephone numbers (exported from Outlook) in a worksheet column, some local, some international, all formatted as "General" 1) A formula or function to convert the following?: nnn nnn nnnn from nnnnnnnnnn also nnn nnn nnn nnnn from nnnnnnnnnnnnn also nn nnn nnn nnnn from nnnnnnnnnnnn etc, etc In essence each telephone number is to be converted to a groups of numbers (with a space between each group) with the last group contains 4 digits, with preceding groups (upto four) containing 3 digits and the first group either 1,2 or 3 digits.-...

Auto Numbering 09-13-05
I would like to create an auto number field to be used as a customer number. I would have thought this would be a common requirement. Is this possible. thanks in advance Todd this is a common issue and the way to achieve it is to use post callout code which finds the last number used and then calls back into the crm application layer to update the record. here is some example code for crm 1.2 http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crmpostcalloutsv1d2.asp "Tango" <Tango@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89FA...

"tear-away" tabs at bottom for phone number
Anyone know how? Most all versions of Publisher have tear-away flyers. File, New, Publications for Print, Flyers, scroll down to Announcement Flyers. In 2007 you will have to sort through the flyers, but they are there. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CKW27" <CKW27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC52F227-BD97-4FD2-BCE9-645275CC5196@microsoft.com... > Anyone know how? ...

possible to check a cell for both even number and positive number.....
I have found a workable formula to check for even numbers but I am not being sucessful in having it also check for positive numbers..... I am using the following data verification statment to check for even numbers and it works fine..... =MOD(G17,2)=0 problem is that the number they are supposed to enter has to be a positive number because negative numbers are invalid data in this application. Any help would be appreciated. Hi Try this one. =IF(AND(MOD(G17,2)=0,G17>0),"True","") HTH John "M G Henry" <mr_mikehenry007@hotmail.com> wrote in message new...

Conditional Format
Hi, I want to assign a number to a certain conditional format. When the condition is true it should put a 1 in the cell and when the condition is false a zero or nothing should be assigned. Anyone? I seem to make the wrong code all the time. Thanks, Johanna Use the same test that the CF uses, and return 1 for TRUE and "" for FALSE. -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Jootje" <Jootje@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB0B3201-2DD9-466A-94FF-108691C77FAF@microsoft.com... > Hi, > >...

Item number/location code does not exist in inventory error
I'm using eConnect to do an SOP transaction and it has been working for months but with a new customer and a new site I'm getting an error. The error is: "Item number/location code does not exist in inventory". The same transactions are still working with other customers on other sites so it seems like it must be a set up issue in GP. The customer and site look like they're configured the same as the ones that work so I'm stumped. Does anyone know what the issue might be? Thanks, Matt Have you confirmed that the item number has been assigned to the new sit...

Maintain the same number in a spreadsheet
I use a spreadsheet to calculate my contract price for a bid. I would like to maintain the same price amount with a formula that would automatically adjust the percentage of profit up or down when a direct cost in the spreadsheet amount is changed. For example; if I have a bid price of $1000 with a 10% profit ($100)and the price of an item that is part of the direct cost goes from $50 to $60 the percentage woud autamatically adjust my profit from 10% to 9%, decreasing my profit to $90, accounting for the additional $10 of direct cost, but the bid price would remain at $1000. On Mon, 29 Mar 201...

Graph: number of curves
What is the maximum number of curves (series) in a graph ? A.B. In article <79axf.14930$W03.497734@news20.bellglobal.com>, abacga@sympatico.ca says... > What is the maximum number of curves (series) in a graph ? > > A.B. > > > Check XL help for 'Excel specifications and limits' (w/o the quotes). It contains a section on 'Charting specifications' -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions Hi, Charting limits are, Data series in one chart 255. Data p...

Excel XP Upgrade (Text numbers)
My organization recently upgraded to Office XP. Now one of my very important excel files have had two columns of numbers apparently changing to text numbers. When I follow the recommendation to change those numbers back to a number value some hidden formulas give back a different value in the hidden cells. Should this reported error be ignored? I would really like to know what is going on to have confidence in my spreadsheet again. I am not sure it is an error except for the numbers turning into text. However in your original sheet you might have had a number format showing for in...

Adding unknow text to numbers formatting
I am trying to format a column with a combination of numbers and letter (specifically 0000-00-000-0000XX) and I have everything down except ho to add the XX to the format when I don't know what XX will be. Is ther a "any alpha in this postion" command -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com scottatrobins wrote: > I am trying to format a column with a combination of numbers and > letters (specifically 0000-00-000-0000XX) and I have everything down > except how to add the XX to the format when I don't know what XX will > be. Is there a "any alpha i...

Convert time stored as decimalised number to time format
Hello How can I convert 3.5 hours to 3:30:00? -- Emma Emma A1/24 and formate as time Mike Rogers "Emma" wrote: > Hello > How can I convert 3.5 hours to 3:30:00? > -- > Emma ...

How do I stop last number from changing to a 0 in excel
I have a worksheet that has one column that has account numbers. If I enter 16 or more digits the last numbers change to a 0. I have set, cell format to numbers with no decimals. Try setting cell format to text before entering or use an apostrophe then enter the number HTH Regards, Howard "dan12" <dan12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:426335E4-F08B-4C23-B6E2-EB45F36101F5@microsoft.com... >I have a worksheet that has one column that has account numbers. If I enter > 16 or more digits the last numbers change to a 0. I have set, cell format > to &...

how i can make the numbers
hi i am fatih fistly sorry my english is not good my trouble is haw can i will write the number of the contribution for example 1.000.000.000 =yaziyla(b42) (one milyar) and tahan my office version is turkish version thank you so your company will interesting my problem Fatih, If I understand you correctly, you want a formula to translate numbers to words (in Turkish). Laurent Longre has a language version of an function which offers this capability. It is at http://longre.free.fr/english/ I don't know if it supports Turkish, but if not, send me the Turkish words for all...

Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92
There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 I had exchange 2003 on 2000 server, installed 2008 server and E2k7, moved the mailboxes. So far 3 users attempting a POP3 connection have received this error above. I have setup a new mailbox/user and dont get this error. I then deleted one of the 3 problematic user + mailbox, added a new user with same username + mailbo...

Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '250 HELP', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 250, Error Number: 0x800CCC7D
I cant receive or send emails in windows mail. What do I have todo? Please copy and paste the error message into the body of your post . . . not the "Subject" line - it got truncated. "valeria migelson" <valemigelson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eW$sk6#kKHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I cant receive or send emails in windows mail. What do I have todo? Judging by the fragment of the error message you have in the subject = line, it looks like you have the wrong settings for Gmail. Use these: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answ...

sort number with fractions
How can i sort this 1/1 1/2 10 191/2 2 201 202/5 280 3 3/2 to this 1/1 1/2 2 3 3/2 10 191/2 201 202/5 280? Please help! If you have these values in column T from T1 down then enter formula =VALUE(LEFT(T1,IF(ISERROR(SEARCH("/",T1)),LEN(T1),SEARCH("/",T1)-1))) in U1, select range T1:U10 and sort selection by column U (choose no header)! Regards, Stefi „surveyer” ezt írta: > How can i sort this 1/1 1/2 10 191/2 2 201 202/5 280 3 3/2 to this 1/1 1/2 2 > 3 3/2 10 191/2 201 202/5 280? Please help! ...

Match Function Problem
I'm having trouble with the Match function in Excel XP. I have a list of numbers from 0.01 to 125.00 and I'm telling the match function to look down the column and find specific numbers based on user input. The problem I'm having is that certain number work and other don't...I've tried reformatting the user input cell and the Match table to every format I can think or including text and I can't get it to work. I've verified that all the numbers I'm working with are limited to just 2 decimal places. Any help??? PE, Post an example of your data, and th...