numbering #4

Is there any system of 'outline numbering' in Excel? Hope i'm not asking for
too much!
--
Dr. Sachin Wagh
MBBS, DHA, DPH

Nothing as easy as the outlining within MSWord.

Typing the numbers is one way (not very appealing).  Using a formula based on
the values in the other cells may work--if you can pickout something that would
indicate the level--not very nice, either.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Setting random number range based on query, not table
I have a "quiz" form that randomly pulls up questions from my table. It works fine, and I don't mind that it repeats questions. This allows me to sit and review for as long as I want. The problem is, that I want to use criteria in a query to limit the available questions. If I base this form on a query and limit the number of questions, the code I am using is still setting the maximum number as the number of records in my table. In the past, I had a similar database (which I have lost) that would open the form, set the selector to the last record available to the form,...

Serial number error in sales order entry window (2nd post)
I'm reposting this because there was no response to my first post. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has had this problem. I noticed that one of my coworkers invoiced and added (overided) a serial number into the Great Plains instead of allocating one of the existing ones. How do I return this serial number w/out affecting my inventory? I need to: 1. Return the item w/the wrong serial number. 2. Reinvoice the correct serial number. 3. NOT HAVE THE WRONG SERIAL NUMBER STUCK IN MY INVENTORY. How do I do this? Hi Paoakalani Try looking at Serial Number edit, by Blue Moon...

Odd Looking Number
Hi I am using a spreadsheet in Excel 2002 on Windows XP, for some reason the account numbers (which someone input, along with addresses) have a little green mark in the corner of the cell. I thought it was to show that there is a comment, but it is not. When you click on the cell, a little warning sign shows, saying ERROR - number in this cell formatted as text or preceded by an apostrophe. When I click on the arrow by the warning sign, it says Number stored as text Convert to number Ignore error Edit in formula bar Error checking options Show formula in audinting toolbar Now I l...

Numbers turn red when equals to 0
Good day, Im monitoring our stock inventory using excel, i just want to know if I can make a certain cell turn red if my inventory is >5 or equal to zero.? Thanks -- shiela21cute ------------------------------------------------------------------------ shiela21cute's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33169 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=529926 Check out Conditional formatting Ed -- EdMac ------------------------------------------------------------------------ EdMac's Profile: http://www.excelforum...

CRM 4.0 Client Rollups ( all of them) fail
All- Have a CRM 4.0 install and have applied the rollups to 4 level- all server rollups went fine. When trying to apply a roll up ( I tried 1 2 4 and 5 ) I am getting a failure Thanks for the look! here is part of the log- 11:17:56| Info| === Managed setup logging started: 7/10/2009 11:17:56 AM === 11:17:56|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.UpdateWrapper.UpdateSetup.Initialize 11:17:56|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupBase.Initialize 11:17:56|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupBase.Initialize 11:17:56|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.UpdateWra...

when I type a long number it shows up as smaller number and +
when converting from xls to csv format, some of my longer mortgage numbers get condensed into a smaller number with a letter, a plus sign and another number. example: 100020013120 turns into 1.0002E+11. Any way to get rid of this? Thanks, Yes, just specify the format that you want. Format Cells...>Number>0 decimal places Regards, Fred "SandyC" <SandyC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA52E426-360E-4BE5-B63B-1209E673CA65@microsoft.com... > when converting from xls to csv format, some of my longer mortgage numbers > get conde...

Rotating page numbers
I have a document with both page layouts (landscape and portrait) however the page numbers obviously will be pointing in the direction of the associated layout does anyone know how to be consistent in this? ...

OUTLOOK TASKS #4
EVERYTIME I TRY TO OPEN THE TASKS ON MY OUTLOOK THE HOURGLASS APPEARS FOR A FEW SECONDS AND THEN IT SAYS MICROSOFT OUTLOOK HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO CLOSE. WE ARE SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. IT DOES THIS EVERYTIME! HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THIS PROBLEM OR KNOW HOW TO FIX IT? (IT JUST ALL OF A SUDDEN STARTED DOING THIS AFTER MONTHS OF WORKING JUST FINE!) THE TECHNICAL ERROR SIGNATURE IS AS FOLLOWS: APPNAME: OUTLOOK.EXE MODVER: 10.0.2627.1 APPVER: 10.0.2627.1 OFFSET: 001EE955 MODNAME: OUTLIIB.DLL THANKS! ...

Customise Outlook today #4
Hi, I have a rather strange issue i believe with Outlook 2000 as when i click on the "customise outlook today" button on the outlook today page, it does nothing. If anyone knows of a cure can they please e-mail me ASAP at jaymel@nt-tech.com.au as this problem is with a client and is on a very thin timeframe. Regards Jayme Lowe OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the d...

Finding unique numbers in a column
Is there any way to find the number of unique values among a set o values in a column in an excel sheet. I would also like to know th number of times each value appears in the column. Thank -- coolkid39 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- coolkid397's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2431 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37924 There was also a similar thread under Excel Worksheet functions titled "Delete duplicates". Solution provided was to use: Data>Filter&g...

formula? #4
i am using a mail merge and i need to create special email address to be sent via my online fax service... the email address go as: /fax=951-486-3760/name=Alan.Bliss@acumenfax.com I have a fax number and a name in each row in the file i want to insert the appropriate fax/email address as above 1) how can i get this column to make this formula by pulling from collumn AO (the fax number? 2) how can i get the name in row AZ to convert into the formula? 3) also the names in column AZ are in this format: Alan Bliss, i need them to be in this format Alan.Bliss.... how can i exchange the s...

Sequential numbering of invoices
I have recently downloaded an Excel template for invoices from Microsoft's website. Is there any way to fix it so that every time I create a new document based on this template, it automatically gives it an invoice number one greater than the previous invoice (eg, starting at 100 and then the next one I open would be 101, then 102 and so on)? http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Nick Xylas" <nickxylas@wmconnect.com> wrote in message news:1180551140.693535.260930@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... >I have recently download...

Convert a number to a time
I have the following number 232.5 which is 232 hours and 0.5 of an hour. I want to convert this to 232 hours and 30 minutes or 232:30. How can i do this? I know i need to multiply the decimal by 60, but how can i perform a calculation on just the decimal part of a number and not the whole number? Depending what you wish to do excel stores times as well as dates as numbers, with 1 being a full day. An option is to divide everything by 24 and use a custom format of dd hh:mm although this will express the hours as days and hours It depends what you want to do really -- Dav --------------...

ActiveSync #4
Greetings, Quite frequently Outlook (2002 SP3) displays a connect request from an outside program (ActiveSync 3.8) and provides connect time options of between one and ten minutes. As I regularly sync up to four devices (PDAs and Smartphones), this becomes a frequent and unnecessary distraction. Is there any way to have Outlook accept a permanent link with ActiveSync? Thank you Larry S microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync would be a better place to ask your question. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert...

Excel formatting #4
I am trying to sort a spreadsheet. I want it to sort like this: 1112 1112a 1113 It will only sort: 1112 1113 112a How do I fix this? Thanks! Lori ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If you put an apostrophe in front of each number, it will allow you t treat it as either text or a number when you sort (Excel will ask yo how you want it treated) ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and po...

Customizing History View CRM 4.0
Customizing different Fields in Microsoft CRM 4.0 is very simple and easy. I would like to customize the HISTORY section included for accounts, contacts, leads, etc... Is there any way to customize this section so when you view an email under History you can see From who and To who rather than what they have defaulted in there? Thanks On Jan 23, 7:56=A0am, Geoff <Ge...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Customizing different Fields in Microsoft CRM 4.0 is very simple and easy= .. =A0I > would like to customize the HISTORY section included for accounts, contac= ts, > lea...

How can I write in a text in a cell using numbers and the letters.
I'm trying to get some codes in for example 511E09 is one fo them but when I try to enter another code it makes the code a formula and it changes to 5.11E+09 why is that? I tried changing it by formatting cells to text, but that doesn't change it. Waht can I do? Clear the data, change it to text, and then enter it. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Sandy" <Sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C474C50-E47D-43EB-A4F0-B4D21141E39F@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get some codes in for example 511E09 i...

find first number
How do I find the first number in a string? I need to update a field by removing anything that could not be a number. Unfortunately, there's no specific number of characters which I can use to start and stop. Intentions are to replace everything before the first number and after the last number. Fortunately, the numbers I want are grouped together, but in the missle of strings. thanks Here is one example: CREATE TABLE Foo ( foo_key INT PRIMARY KEY, foo_data VARCHAR(35)); INSERT INTO Foo VALUES (1, '1'); INSERT INTO Foo VALUES (2, 'aa21a'); ...

copy/paste into excel changes numbers into date format
I need to copy a lot of raw data from html format into excel. Most of the data consists of a min/max figure (eg. 31/45) Excel (2003) always converts this number to date format no matter what I format the cells as. I have been unsuccesful in converting back to the same format. Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks Hi try formating the cell s as 'Text' before pasting the values -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Rufus wrote: > I need to copy a lot of raw data from html format into > excel. > > Most of the data consists of a min/max figure (eg. 31/45) &...

Find not working for numbers ending with zero
I am perplexed.. in Excel 2003 I can search my spreadsheet for number ending in a zero, such as 7457.80 and I can see the number on my screen but Excel will not find it. However, if I search for 7457 it will find the cell. To make it more confusing I can search for 1234.55 and it will find the cell containing 1234.55,, any nunber I search for endind with zero its unable to find, even though I am looking at the number... any suggestions? Thanks, Tony In math, there is no difference between: 1.2 and 1.20 and 1.200000000000000000 So search for 7457.8 If that numeric value is a constant, the...

counting the number of times shown
I am trying to figure out a way to put a numerical value next to the id that is shown, suggestions? ex: ID This is what I am hoping to get to show up in the next column 55 1 55 2 37 1 46 1 62 1 55 3 89 1 82 1 Hi With ID in column A, insert this formula in B2 and copy it down as required: =COUNTIF($A$2:A2,A2) Regards, Per "klh84" <klh84@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:14D13B5C-FEE8-4489-B91E-AC65F2ABB090@microsoft.com... > I am trying to figure out a way to put a numerical value next to the id > th...

How do I count the number of cells
I have several dozens columns and 52 rows containing Data. All the columns are labled Odd or Even In the final (right most) Column I want to count the number of times that that coulmn has data in it The last row belows shows what the answer should be Total Total Odd Even Odd Even Odd Even Odd 5 1 2 ????? ????? 1 7 6 3 ????? ????? 5 1 2 ????? ????? 1 2 9 3 1 3 PLease help =COUNTA() - will count the number of non blank cells. In the brackets place the range name (for example A1:A2). Please hit Yes if my comments have helped. Thanks. &...

How do I limit number of fonts available in Word
I only switch between a handful of fonts, when I work with Office products. How do I limit the number of fonts listed? I've removed a lot from c: > Windows > Fonts, but every time I open Word, I'm still seeing more than I'm interested in. Install file management software. Word displays all the installed fonts the current printer is capable of printing. Cheaper still format your documents with styles and ignore the font listing altogether. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><...

Number Automatically divided by 100 and stored in cell
Dear Friends, I am facing a problem. When I type say 1000 in an excel cell it apperas as 10 in that cell and in Formulabar ( the original value 1000 lost). Similarly 12345 appears as 123.45. I have checked the number formatting which is General. In each case after pressing Enter key the number is first divided by 100 and then result is stored in the cell. I could not find the reason why it is happening so. Please guide me in this regard. I will be very thankfull for your help. Muhammad Go to Tools/Options/Edit and uncheck 'Fixed decimal' Andy. "Muhammad Jawad Mirza&...

Reporting Services Error on CRM 4 Windows server 2008
Hello. I'm having trouble with CRM connector for SQL Server 2005 reporting services. I installed this connector with no problems, but when I try to acces reports from CRM Web page It says that Connector is not installed. I thought that maybe for Windows server 2008 this might be a firewall issue, but I've already disable from both servers (I have SQL Server and Reporting Services in one server, and CRM on another). I don't know what could be the problem, event viewer doesn't show any errors. Both servers are on Windows server 2008. Please help me. Thanks Jose Ponce ...