numbering #2

Is it possible to apply numbering (invoice or booking numbers) to sheets inside of a book. Four people using the same books and we want to put number on the sheets without becoming a number management nightmare
Like adding a series of numbers like invoice number
Each sheet having it's own number in the series but not repeting on different sheets. Basically generate an invoice number on the sheet when copied from a templete or at print time

0
anonymous (74722)

Outlook 2003 mail rules #2
Is it possible to change a rule so that the connection between conditions is OR rather than AND? I'd like to apply the same rule to mail that goes *to* someone or comes *from* them (move it to their folder) This looks fundamentally impossible, as you have to chose upfront whether your rule will handle incoming or outgoing mail, and those choices are mutually exclusive. -- Steve Swift http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html http://www.ringers.org.uk Create two rules to move the mail to the same folder - one that acts on outgoing and one that acts on incoming. -- Bill R MVP "S...

Printer button #2
Does anyone know how to remove the printer button in publisher 98 ...

Excel 2007 Beta 2
I have a column in Excel where I pasted user names from SharePoint. Unfortunately the values now have a URL association with it. Is there any way to remove the URL from the entire column without having to do it line by line? Thanks C http://spaces.msn.com/cjvandyk Probably yes. Post some varied examples of your data. -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Cornelius J. van Dyk [MVP]...

number formats and masks
Hi - I have a list of numbers whose formats i need to change. For example, the number 79.26 shows up in my formula bar as 79.25999999. How do I make all those 9's go away? Mike, Format as a number to 2 dec places, menu Format>Cells and so on. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b2901c3b8de$41876a70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi - I have a list of numbers whose formats i need to > change. For e...

error opening excel file #2
hi! i cannot open this excel file, an microsoft visual basic window appear saying "An error occur while loading 'Sheet32111111111111111111111111'. Do you want to continue loading the project?" i click yes, microsoft window appear and asking if i want to update this workbook? then i click no a Program Error window appear saying " An error log is being created" what happen to the excel file? the excel file is only 2.6Mb Hi jp- Without a lot more detail, one can only guess, but here are a couple of ideas. 1) The file may be damaged or corrupted in some way. Pe...

Converting number to written number
Our business software doesn't allow us to easily print off a quick cheque to payees that are not first established as vendors. I am trying to set up an excel cheque template to allow me to manually print off a cheque that I can later enter into our system. I would like to enter the amount in one cell and have another cell where that amount is converted automatically to a written representation of the number. (ie: ***One thousand, three hundred and twelve and 19/100 dollars***). I suspect that I would need to create a macro that would peel off each individual digit and convert it to a ...

CRM Connector for GP Install Error #2
I am installing the CRM 3.0 Connector for GP, and have hit an immediate roadblock. Install asks for CRM Access User, I enter the name and password for the user set up only for CRM management and integration. Install returns a warning that the user is part of the Administrator group, so I know install is accessing AD correctly. Clicking to continue past the warning, I receive an error "Specified Microsoft CRM Access User is not part of the Microsoft CRM Privelege User Group. Please specify another user or add this user to the Microsoft CRM Privelege User Group and click Next.&qu...

unwanted line and number in document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) An unwanted line with a number beneath (1 &amp; 2) has appeared at the bottom left hand side of the page in consecutive pages of a document. How do I remove? Based on your brief description the numbers could be either of several things � probably page numbering or footnotes. If you can be more descriptive of the situation it will make it easier to give you the proper direction for dealing with them. Accurate details are important. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/12/10 8:54 PM, in article 59b...

Displaying 2 straight lines
Hi, Hope someone can tell me how to do this.... I have one set of points which form a straight line - these are (3.1,0), (3.1,100), (3.1,200), (3.1,300) i.e. a vertical line. I have another set of points that form a straight line - these are (0,0), (3.1,100), (6.2,200), (9.3,300). I have two problems displaying these: (1) I want both lines to appear on the same graph; (2) I want the traingle formed by the points (3.1,100), (3.1,300) and (9.3,300) to be shaded, as this indicates a surplus (for the purposes of illustration). I would imagine there would definitely be a way to display ...

icverify #2
Does icverify work with rms, if so can anyone guide me how to set it up? AKA ICTERIFFY dont do it get TPI -- Maurice Gordon Maurice@americanretailsupply.com Sales/Support 1-800-426-5708 XT 1307 "TJW" <TJW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2FD0587-E660-4570-AB66-FDEAD847E8D3@microsoft.com... > Does icverify work with rms, if so can anyone guide me how to set it up? On Mar 25, 12:55=A0pm, "Maurice @ ARS" <maur...@americanretailsupply.com> wrote: > AKA ICTERIFFY dont do it get TPI > > -- > Maurice Gordon > Maur...@america...

I am receiving 2 of each email, how do I get rid of this in outloo
what type of email account? Version of Outlook? Is antivirus email integration enabled? -- Bill Rodgers MVP "K8teu" <K8teu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B17269D3-2068-4C3D-AC2F-AC1E167F6955@microsoft.com... > ...

New mail notification #2
Is there a way to have the new mail notification box/window stay up longer than 30 seconds in Outlook 2003 like you used to be able to do in older versions of Outlook (i.e. like Outlook 2000)? I am not talking about the little envelope that appears in the task bar, but the notification box window that appears in the lower corner of the screen (used to appear right in the middle of the scree). Thanks Sounds like you're asking about the popup notification window from MSN Messenger when it detects you have new e-mails. -- ____________________________________________________________...

This transaction cannot be entered #2
I am getting an error message when I try to enter a transaction. This was ok 2-3 days ago, the last time I used Money (2004). Anyone else getting this error? "This transaction cannot be entered" -- Joel Zinn Joel, Please see Microsoft KB #288385. Your Money file may have become corrupted. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;288385 -Gary "Joel Zinn" <Joelz@zinn-4.com> wrote in message news:%23NM6N4ocEHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... I am getting an error message when I try to enter a transaction. This was ok 2-3 days ago, the la...

Forwarding problems #2
I have setup my domain to receive mail sent to it be sent to an external internet address( a hotmail account). My problem is that, only mail sent from a hotmail account will be delivered. Mail sent from elsewhere , like a yahoo account will immediately be rejected with a message: I have given up on 71.245.3.201( which is the ip address of my exchange server.) What is the problem? I have not tried with other email services. Would appreciate any help your server is on RBL list http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/ip4r.ch?ip=71.245.3.201 -- Best regards, Good Luck Oz Ozugurlu ____________________...

Need to Keeping Same Display Value on 2 Workbooks
I am using Excel 2003 and have 2 XLS files. In Workbook1 cell A1 is defined as =TEXT(NOW(),"yymmddhhmmss") which, for example, correctly displays the format of 100409153548. Workbook2 has a macro (thanks to Ron de Bruin) that copies data from Workbook1 to Workbook2. My issue is the value from Workbook1 cell A1 shows in Workbook2 as ... 1.00409E+11 How can I get the copied cell in Workbook2 to display as 100409153548? Part of the macro that copies the data over uses the Value property to copy a range to Workbook2, as follows... With SourceRange ...

Using Exmerge #2
Hi there, I'm using Exmerge for the first time on an Exchange 2003 box. I was reading through the KB article 174197 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/174197/ and it says "Before you run this program, make sure that the Microsoft Outlook Client and the Microsoft Exchange Administrator program are installed on the computer that Exmerge.exe is being run on." then in the next paragraph it notes, "We recommend that you do not install Outlook on the Exchange server." So, before I go installing anything can someone please point me in the correct direction? Can I run exmerg...

Cell format
I have a set of cells that show the fraction of #complete/#total. They are formatted as fractions so that I can custom format them such that those >=50% turn green and those <50% turn red. The problem is that for a completion of, say 8/12, excel automatically simplifies to 2/3. Is is possible for excel to still recognize the cell as a fraction but not simplify? You can directly control this by formatting in advance. Let's say you enter the data in twelths and want it to remain that way: Format > Cells... > Number > Custom and then enter # ??/12 Experiment with forma...

KDC Error with CRM1.2 on SBS2003
Hi everybody, following message reoccurs every few minutes in my eventlog: ERROR Event ID:11 Description: There are multiple accounts with name host/SERVERNAME.TESTLAB of type DS_SERVICE_PRINCIPAL_NAME The system is a SBS2003 with CRM1.2 installed. I already found this in the KB: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q305971. With LDIFDE I managed to find the second entry. Both the service account, under which CRM is running, and the server itself owns those attributes. It sounds logical that the server owns those attributes but why the service account? Can I delete th...

How do I print 2 page spreads from Booklet format in Publisher?
I have booklet layout with 8" x 8" pages printing on 11" x 17" paper. I don't know how to get it where I can view individual 2 page drafts. When I print currently, page 1 is with 44, page 2 is with 43, etc. I want to be able to print to view in draft form page 2-3, 3-4, 4-5, etc. This is for draft markup purposes only. I know I will print 2 sided in booklet form as stated previously when we are ready to mass produce. Bottom line is that we'd like to be able to print and view our book in "story board mode" (I just coined that) so we can see whe...

Ability to assign 2 Salesperson IDs in customer maintenance
GP should have the ability to assign two salespersons to the customer maintenance screen for any customer. This would save valuable time for companies such as ours that pay a salesperson on a project as well as a sales manager over the sales team a percentage on the same sale. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreade...

Associate a cell with a number ??
hello i work in a medical center all of my patients have been given patient ID # Mr Smith = 276 is there a way that all i have to do in column "a" is put "276" and in the same cell in column "b" Mr. Smith name will show. jo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi have a look at VLOOKUP for this. See: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/vlookup.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > hello > i work in a medical center all of my patients have been given > patient ID # Mr Smith = 276 > > > is there a w...

plotting location of a number within a range
Hi, I'm trying to create a chart showing where a number falls within a range. For example, given the following: Number Min Median Max 110 90 105 120 What I would like to do is plot a bar something like this: |============||=*==========| 90 105 120 there the * on this chart indicates the "Number" field. I have tried a variety of things without success. All suggestions welcome. Thanks. Steve Steve, you can probably achieve what you are trying to do by plotting the numbers as points with no lines joining t...

Local Delivery #2
I have one user that is unable to send mail to one mailbox. Neither mailbox is restricted by size limits.message is: SMTP: Message Deliverd Locally to username@domain.com SMTP: Message Scheduled to Retry Local Delivery This is looping continuously and eventually sendinga NDR after a couple of days. This is all local delivery between mailboxes on the same Exchange SErver. (2003 SP1 running on Windows Server 2003 SP1) Again, the user can send to any other mailbox, the address for the user that displays the error has been confirmed to be correct. Help..... Post the NDR here please. /da...

No java(?) and email problem after removing 2 trojans
I got a security notification from WIN about a virus/trojan and ran a full Norton scan to successfully remove the trojans. The WIN notification went away however, I am no longer seeing anything about javascript in my taskbar or anywhere else. In addition, in my email, OUTLOOK EXPRESS, in an email from, say, amazon.com, the pics are no oonger in the message body till I open the email. Then they all appear correctly. Before the initial problem, neither of these things were problems. Finally, in attempting to access IE, I am getting the message of "not found", etc. I rea...

"propagating" a chart across a number of data sets
Hi, I've got a bunch of survey results. Most are multiple choice questions and responses. I want to create a chart showing the results for each of the 40 questions. I just created one chart and it took me about 15 minutes. Is there a way that I can use this chart as a "template" to create the other 39 charts I need to do? thanks, -- Ron If your data is structured the same way, the easiest thing to do is make a copy of the worksheet that hosts the data and chart you've already created, copy a new question's data over the old data, and the chart will auto...