Number to text (Checkbook)

could anybody tell me how to set Excel to write out a
number in English?  I need a way for Excel to refer to a
number in one cell/worksheet and turn it into a checkbook
type nuber in another (e.g., "112.19" becomes "One
Hundred Twelve and 19/100"  or "One Hundred Twelve
Dollars and 19 cents" ).

Please Help!
0
anonymous (74722)

Have a look here
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];Q95640

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 2003
> could anybody tell me how to set Excel to write out a
> number in English?  I need a way for Excel to refer to a
> number in one cell/worksheet and turn it into a checkbook
> type nuber in another (e.g., "112.19" becomes "One
> Hundred Twelve and 19/100"  or "One Hundred Twelve
> Dollars and 19 cents" ).
>
> Please Help!

0
newspab (272)

HTH

RP

> could anybody tell me how to set Excel to write out a
> number in English?  I need a way for Excel to refer to a
> number in one cell/worksheet and turn it into a checkbook
> type nuber in another (e.g., "112.19" becomes "One
> Hundred Twelve and 19/100"  or "One Hundred Twelve
> Dollars and 19 cents" ).
>
> Please Help!

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
10/8/2004 10:16:32 PM
Thanks, Paul, and sorry for the duplication.  I looked at
the article--looks like it will do what I want to.  But,
it doesn't put this function in Excel, and I don't know
how to do that either.  Little help?

benefit from it
>Feedback on answers is always appreciated!
>Using Excel 2000 & 2003
>** remove news from my email address to reply by email **
>> could anybody tell me how to set Excel to write out a
>> number in English?  I need a way for Excel to refer to a
>> number in one cell/worksheet and turn it into a
checkbook
>> type nuber in another (e.g., "112.19" becomes "One
>> Hundred Twelve and 19/100"  or "One Hundred Twelve
>> Dollars and 19 cents" ).
>>
>> Please Help!
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
10/8/2004 10:53:47 PM
It is a function, so it will work in Excel.

Just insert a new module, and copy the code into that. The function can then
be called
 form a worksheet or another VBA procedure as shown.

--

HTH

RP

> Thanks, Paul, and sorry for the duplication.  I looked at
> the article--looks like it will do what I want to.  But,
> it doesn't put this function in Excel, and I don't know
> how to do that either.  Little help?

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

number setting for workbook e.g. i want , instead of . in number
I want my excel should display number in US format not i German format. How to change number display setting for whole excel file. Check out Start>Settings>Control Panel> Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options> Regional and Language Options>click 'Customize' button If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "Rajesh" wrote: > I want my excel should display number in US format not i German format. > > How to change number display setting for whole excel file. ...

Number cells won't reformat / sort
I'm dealing w/ a spreadsheet composed of cut-and-pasted rows from 2 sources (A and B) both originally exported from Filemaker at different times. When trying to sort the data by a "Record Number" field, the 2 datasets remain split and will not integrate. In other words, instead of the sort result being something like: # Code 1 WEX 3 WAF 4 WAF 6 WEX 7 WAF 9 WEX They look like this: # Code 1 WEX 6 WEX 9 WEX 3 WAF 4 WAF 7 WAF The 2 groups remain separate and sort individually. It gets stranger, though. If I reformat the column to, say, a percent or a currency r...

Reply marking in original email text
I can't find how to turn on the reply marking (ie my name) when replying to an email by inserting the reply within the body of the original email. I am using Outlook 2000 TOOLS menu Select OPTIONS On the PREFERENCES tab Click the E-MAIL OPTIONS... button Near the bottom of thid window is a little box to turn on next to "Mark my comments with:" -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Paul Barton" <paulb@NOSPAMcae.com.au> wrote in message news:%230g6OU%230DHA.2604@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... I can't find how to turn on the reply marking (ie my name) when replying...

Can Excel 2007 open a numbers file?
Just wondering if there's an add-in that will let Excel open a numbers file, thanks. What is a numbers file? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 15:17:01 -0800, fnight <fnight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Just wondering if there's an add-in that will let Excel open a numbers file, >thanks. fnight - If you're referring to Numbers, part of iWork for Mac computers, I am not aware of such an add-in. The usual workaround is to use Numbers to save the file in a format that Excel can open. The web page http://www.apple.com/iw...

Number Format #14
Is there a way I can format a number so that significant 0's and a letter are conditional? I currently use: ?0"g" ?0"s" ?0"c" - which formats like so: 100000 = 10g 00s 00c 100010 = 10g 00s 10c 1000 = 0g 10s 00c What I wish to have is a code that formats like so: 101010 = 10g 10s 10c 10000 = 10s 10 = 10c 100010 = 10g 10c Is this possible? -- LoganStallworth ------------------------------------------------------------------------ LoganStallworth's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27561 View this thre...

How do I copy an Excel chart with added text boxes into Word or P.
I have created a chart in Excel and added a number of text boxes on top of the chart. I need to paste the entire chart & text boxes into Word and/or Powerpoint; however by selecting the chart and copying, the text boxes are excluded. MS help suggests entering the text boxes outside the chart then moving them into the chart and grouping the chart and text boxes; however there does not seem to be the ability to group the chart with the text boxes. If you had clicked on the chart before making the textboxes, all the items would have been grouped. But you can do it later: Hold down SHI...

Highlighting text using conditional formatting
Hi All I'm trying to highlight certain text in a list - namely all text that end with river, stream or creek. I've been trying to use conditional formatting but for some reason I can't seem to get it to go (I would have thought * wildcard would have done the trick but no such luck). Ideally you would have a different colour for rivers, creeks and streams. The list is like this Grey River Brash Creek Fred Stream Hell Stream Roger River Turd Creek and so on (about 3000 entries) Any ideas about how you can do this? Feedback appreciated. Thanks Mike Try this... Select the text ...

Additional Phone Number Fields
Outlook newbie... Is it possible to add additional phone number fields to Outlook 2007 contacts? Business and Business 2 already exist but I need Business 3, Business 4, etc. Can that be done. If so, how? Thanks. Peter "PMokover" <PMokover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69883331-CB5F-4BBC-9DD1-9B5A5D60BBF0@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to add additional phone number fields to Outlook 2007 > contacts? Business and Business 2 already exist but I need Business 3, > Business 4, etc. Can that be done. If so, how? You can ...

Powerpoint Placeholder Text Box
I have a series of template pages with multiple text boxes. I would like all the text boxes to auto fit consistently if one needs to. It works like that on a two box that is in the basic package, but when I created a 3 box and a 4 box, they each auto fit based on the text in the individual box. I've tried grouping them in slide master, and normal view. Any ideas? ...

Re-order Number
Hi IS there anyway you can enter the re-order Number at the Matrix Stage of an Item, instead on every Item individually? If you enter it on the Purchase Order side it doesnt update the Individual item???? H ...

summing number of 'y's in a filtered column
Basically I have a spreadsheet which is filtered by column R and I wan to sum the number of 'Y's in column P based only on the visibl filtered table rather than hidden rows. Now I know the subtotal worksheet function will ignore hidden rows however it does not seem to be able to total up the number of 'Y's i the range of cells. The count function would sum up the number of 'y' but it counts the hidden columns as far as I know. Is there some other function which would allow me to sum the number o 'y's ignoring hidden rows -- neowo ---------------------------...

Search/Extract Data w/in Text File
Hello again! I am searching within a text file for the last row within the file. After I locate the row I need to separate the data and place into multiple cells on my worksheet. The code I have is as follows: Dim TextPath As String Dim DelimSrchChar As String Dim METtime As String Dim DataBuffer As Variant Dim NCData As Variant Dim DelimPos As Integer '=============================================== DelimSrchChar = "," TextPath = "C:\Temp\Formatted_NC_SN1008.txt" Open TextPath For Input As #1 'open text file for SN1008 Do While Not EOF(1) ...

How do I get numbers on a colum to stay as I typed them on an exc.
I created a workbook with information to be used for merging to a letter. I created a heading colum to read "HOURS" and entered the numbers as 1:23. When I merged the files, the information showed at 1:23:00 A.M. How do I correct this on my workbook excel file or on the Word document? I do not want the numbers to be changed to time. Please help!!!!!! There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx Desperate School Secretary...

Dynamic "Numbered List"
How Can I update my numbered list (S.No) after Filtering the list? Like: 1. A 2. B 3. C 4. D After filter..... 1. A 2. B 3. D [C Filtered] Any Idea to get the result. Regards, Murtaza hi, Murtaza ! > ... update my numbered list (S.No) after Filtering the list? > Like: > 1. A > 2. B > 3. C > 4. D > After filter..... > 1. A > 2. B > 3. D [C Filtered] assuming [B2] as the first cell [in filtered-column]... try with subtotal-offset approach [by Laurent Longre] and copy-down... a) array-entered: {ctrl}+...

how do i change the default number type which is formatted in new.
how do i change the default number type which is formatted in new spreadsheet Create a new workbook Change the Normal style (Format>Styles from the menu) to reflect your preferred number format. You can also change font style and size if your prefer. Save the workbook as a template - choosing File>Save As and select Template under the 'Save As Type' dropdown at the bottom, saving it with the name BOOK.XLT in the directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\XLStart\ If you have an older or newer version, you may not see the Office10 subdirectory, so adjust as appr...

6000 -> 6K. Possible with number formats?
Hi all, Is it possible to set a number format code in cell in such a way that, when say, 6,500 is typed, then 6.5K will be shown? Thanks for your advice in advance. Frederick Chow Hong Kong Format the cell as #,##0.0,K -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Frederick Chow" <PleaseRemoveThishkmusc@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eo4iZS59GHA.2340@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > Is it possible to set a number format code in cell in such a way that, when > say, 6,500 is typed, then 6.5K will be shown?...

Text to Columns #4
I have a list of the Fortune 1000 companies in one cell. Is there a way to convert this information into columns with: Company City State Telephone 1 Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. Bentonville, AR 479-273-4000 2 Exxon Mobil Corporation Irving, TX 972-444-1000 3 General Motors Corporation Detroit, MI 313-556-5000 4 Ford Motor Company Dearborn, MI 800-392-3673 5 General Electric Company Fairfield, CT 203-373-2211 6 ChevronTexaco Corporation San Ramon, CA 925-842-1000 7 ConocoPhillips Houston, TX 281-293-1000 8 Citigroup Inc New York, NY 212-559-1000 9 International Business Machines Corporatio...

How to increase number of columns appear in a worksheet?
You only get 256 columns with any released version of excel. Dhinesh wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

number to name
I want to do my schedule with Excell, and I was wondering if it's possible to type a number and get a name instead... for example if on the 3rd of february, Mark is working, and that I associate the number 1 to Mark. is there a way that if I type "1" under the 3rd of february, that converts it directly to Mark? thanks Gaetan Bart, Using event code you can do it Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("B2:H10")) Is Nothing Then With Target ...

Text From User Forms
Hi I am creating a user form where data is entered into text boxes. Once the operator has input data into a text box I want to use a command button on the user form to save the file. One text box will have a request date entered as the value and another will have the name of the requestor as the value. I want the command button to create the filename as these two values. Could someone offer some advice please. Thanks. Matt Matt, Activeworkbook.SaveAs filename: ="C:\your path\" & Textbox1.Text & " " & Textbox2.Text HTH Henry "Matt G" &l...

Unable to cut text when forwarding
I have a recently new problem, when I forward a message I am unable to cut and paste or in anyway alter the original message, I am using Outlook 2007 and it only started yesterday. Any ideas please ...

Text between Worksheets?
I've set up a budget workbook with 12 worksheets, one for each month. The first sheet contains the list of budget items. If I change the name of a budget item on the first worksheet, is there a way (or formula) to have this text automatically change on the other 11 worksheets? This would preclude my having to make the change individually on each of the other 11 sheets. How would I do this? Thanks! Select sheet2 then SHIFT + click on sheet12. In A1 enter =sheet1!A1 Drag/copy down as far as you need. The A1 will increment as you copy down. Select sheet1. Change A1 data and...

Free Form Text Box in Report
Hi All, I am running a report that runs from a Make Table Query, and then into a cross tab query. The report is in a Switchboard and runs off of a Macro that opens the make table, updates based off of the dates entered, closes it, opens the cross tab. Closes it. Opens the report in print preview. I need others to run the report with no intervention so I entered a text box (as I have done before) into the header that reads: =[Enter Report Ending Date mm/dd/yyy] to allow for the ending date to appear in the header. However, this is not working. I am recieving the following error &q...

publisher insists on underlining copied text ? do i remove it
I copied text from a Word Document and when it appeares in Publisher it is always underlined and i can't seem to remove the underline. Any ideas? Angelis <Angelis@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I copied text from a Word Document and when it appeares in Publisher > it is always underlined and i can't seem to remove the underline. Paste Special as Unformatted Text? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher All the text? Try "paste special", unformatted text. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.m...

Cancel button's ActiveControl reflects as value of text box
Hi All, On my form I have an "on exit" code to test whether its text box is "empty" or not. When I click the "Cancel" button I still get the msg that the txt box is empty. Using Debug.print to show the Me.ActiveControl gives me the value of the preceeding txt box. What I'm trying to achieve is to ignore the "empty" test if cancel has been selected by exiting the "on exit" before the msg box sub & clearly I'm misunderstanding the usage here somewhere. Hugh I'm a bit unclear what you want to accomplish... ...