Number stored as text

I have number stored as text.  It has a small green triangle at the upper
left of the cell.  If I click on the cell it has a yellowsign with a ! and if
I click on that a  menu and "convert to number"
   This works fine one cell at a time.

I need to convert columns the cell format has no effect on the column of
cell I need to change.  I did un click the protect on the last tab.

Suggestions?
Sueanne
0
sueanne (4)

copy an empty cell.
select your range of offending cells
Edit|paste special|check Add

--

Dave Peterson
0

Printed email text appears rotated 90 degrees CCW
A colleague of mine receives emails occassionally in which the body of the email appears normally on screen, however, when she prints the email, the text appears left to right, but with each letter in the word rotated 90 degrees CCW in place. The print preview appears normal and the result is the same when printed on different printers (HP or Xerox). When she forwards the email to me and I print it, it's fine. This only happens in Outlook 2003, not Word or other Office applications. Has anyone else seen this before? Has anyone discovered why this happens? Are they HTML? Have you look...

change numbers to date
how to change a column of numbers to a date like 2411 to 24/11/05 3011 to 30/11/05 The formula is - =value(left(a2,2)&"/"&right(a2,2)&"/2005") in a cell that has been formatted to dd/mm/yyyy Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions "abe" <abe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:43B9BF48-262E-42BA-AE63-F8AE44834BC4@microsoft.com... > how to change a column of numbers to a date like > 2411 to 24/11/05 > 3011 to 30/11/05 Hiya Abe, Format Style Modify Date Then select the style you want Hope that helps :) -- ...

Clothing store help
I just installed the Retail Management Software for a clothing retailer and am struggling with how to set up unique items that will vary by style number and size. Everything calls for a lookup code and I don't know where to start. any advice on how to get started Hi Brian, RMS version 2.0 will have enhanced Matrix management capability. To be released in a couple of weeks. We have an addon to manage Matrix items if you want to use Version 1.3 R You need to have either of these options to efficiently manage apparel items. Send me an email and I can respond to you. ianm@retail-pos.co...

Mailbox store rights
Sorry for the length of this post. I have an exchange 2003 server with one mailbox storage group. I have 4 standard mailbox stores under this storage group. All 4 were created during the initial install with the same rights, just different names. I am having various strange "permission" problems for users under 3 of the stores, but no problems with users in the other store. We utilize mapi and owa. Outlook web access gives a "You don't have permissions to perform this action." when the user tries to create an appointment in their calendar, everything else i...

Format Auto Number
I have added an identity field which starts at 100000 and increments by 1. However, when I display this field on my custom entity, it is displayed as 100,000. How do I format this to remove the ","?. Thanks No way to do it easily. You can try hiding the field and adding a new one without formatting applied. You can also try to change the class name of the input field, but before going into that: what's so bad about having it displayed this way? It's much easier to read in my opinion, so why do you want to spend time on it? -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM ...

Lowest 5 numbers in data base column #2
I am working with a data base where I compute a golf handicap based o each individual's lowest 5 scores from the last eight rounds played. The data are arranged in columns showing date played and score posted. Not all dates have a score for each person. Can someone provide method for determining handicap based only on the lowest 5 rounds -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

adding history text to bulk contact records- from an Excel spreads
we have an excel spreadsheet that contains contact record naming as in CRM and an additional column of text- we want to place this text into the contact record- each contact record has a different history text that needs to be added as a history item - the contacts exist in CRM already- we are just wanting to find a easy sure way to add the history ...

Emails Repeated in Text Attachments
Hi: I've been using this same version of Outlook (9.0.0.2711) on Windows XP for a couple of years now and all of a sudden this afternoon all emails are coming in with text attachments. Some attachments contain text from what should have appeared at the end of the body of the message; in one case, the attachment contained a copy of the body of the email in its entirety. This is new and I haven't adjusted any settings lately. Any ideas? Thanks, --Cynthia ...

text box running off the end of the page
When I use a text box I am losing the end when it runs of the page. How do I set word so that the text boxes cary over to the subsiquent pages. -- Regards Dave Objects (including text boxes cannot span pages. ) Either use another text box, a table or put the text in the main document area. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ...

jumbled overlapping text when adding categories in Outlook 2007
Hi, I have Outlook 2007 with BCM (I don't use the BCM feature) and whenever I try to add a new category, the text I enter completely overlaps to the point I can't read it. If I continue to type anyway and hit "OK" the category comes out correctly and has been added, but the garbled text is annoying and it is difficult to see if I have made a typo until too late. This problem is now spreading to other standard Outlook forms where I type in information. The consistent thing when I have this problem seems to be when Outlook opens a new pop-up window to add in...

Automatically added number in the form
Helle, In my membership input form, I have a field named: Church Reg NO in other field the membertype: there are 2 type "AM" and "SS". Church Reg NO field table can only be assigned with number if the type is "AM" What is the VBA for this in order to make Prompt or pop up the last number, so that we can fill the next number, it will be better if it will automatically, the last bigger number+1, but I do not know how to make it. In your VBA please inform me if it is the name of the contorl surce field or the name of the field table. Thanks in advance Frank...

Counting the number of times a word appears 'anywhere' on a page
I'm trying to clean up a rather large file. The first field of each row is the name of the row, and if this name does not appear anywhere else in the file, or in any of three other files, the row can be eliminated. If it appears 5 times or more, it should be marked as such. So I'm looking for a way to search for the contents of the first row in the entire page and three other pages (minus the field containing the name I'm searching for in the first place) and return the number of hits. I'm sure there is an easy way to do this, but I haven't managed to figure it out yet an...

Referencing an unbound text control in a footer
I am trying to reference and unbound text control in the footer of a report. I want to add it to the page footer Report Name: repYearEnd Footer name: GroupFooter0 Unbound text box: TotUnitPrice =[Reports]![repYearEnd].[GroupFooter0].[TotUnitPrice] Access can't find the text control Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks Try just =[Reports]![repYearEnd]![TotUnitPrice] The fact that the control's in a footer should make no difference: all controls on the report need to have unique names. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/D...

Adding a coma to the text data in every row of a column
Adding a coma to the text data in every row of a column I have an Excel spread sheet that has 6,000 rows of text in one of the columns. I want to be able to add a coma (,) after the last character in each row. Can this task be done automatically? In additional to posting your solution to this group, can you please cc: me at lpsca@earthlink.net Larry, The following code did it for me in about 1 second on 7000 rows... '----------------------------- 'Adds a comma at the right end of each cell's contents in Column "L" (12). 'For a different column change the L and 1...

Pasting text into one cell (Excel wants to dump in multiple cells)?
<lol> I can't believe I've never asked this one either? Opportunity never came up ... Every once in a while I need to paste paragraphs of text into an Excel cell (i.e., comments from one source into a log). And Excel naturally takes the data and puts each paragraph into its own cell even if in same column. Is there a way for Excel to ignore all the hard returns as prompts for a new cell and instead to treat them as ordinary returns so that I get the comments in paragraph- form into one cell? I hope my question is clear (?). <g> Thank you! Hi Before you paste...

Converting text to dates
Hi - I'm trying to convert a simple value of 7152004 to a date, and can't seem to figure it out. When I format cells to date, I get a long #### response, and I'm not getting that b/c of the column size. I've tried to do DATEVALUE on the cell, but it gives a VALUE! error. Any suggestions? Thanks! In an adjacent cell, use =DATE(RIGHT(A1,4),LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-6),MID(A1,LEN(A1)-5,2)) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12808E82-5C8B-4A5C-A1B2-E4FE2C9C2F9F@microsoft...

Page numbering problem
When I try to insert a page number in Word 2007, the position is grayed out and I cannot insert a page number. In Word 2007, I am using the following commands: Insert --> Page Number --> Bottomof Page The subsequent options are grayed out. This is a new problem that arose recently and I don't know what has changed. Exit Word and then rename the Building Blocks.dotx file in your *user profile* (there is also a copy in the Program Files folder which you shouldn't mess with). You can search for the file in Windows; be sure to search hidden files and folders. -- ...

Count Unique text in 3 different columns
Hi, I saw a few formulas that adds Unique records when is numbers, but I have a spreasheet which I need to count the Unique records (Names) taken into consideration three diffrent columns, example; Column A Column B Column C DC&D aagis Ternure DC&D aagis Ternure DC&D adamk New Hire DC&D adamk New Hire DC&D adasilva New Hire DC&D adasilva New Hire DC&D vdafons Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO A...

"Priv Information Store is a corrupt file".
Using Backup Exec 8.6, I started getting a failed backup job status a few days ago on my 27 GB Exchange 2K Information Store. The job log states; "WARNING: "Private Information Store (DatabaseName)" is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify". We are not experiencing any interruption of service, just failed backups. A reboot of the server last night did not clear up the error. I am planning on running eseutil /d against priv.edb to defrag, compact and hopefully clear up the corruption. I am fairly new to this and am wondering if I am missing anything? Any help ...

Random numbers with bias
Is there a simple (non-vba) way to generate random numbers within given range of integers where some numbers have a different bias tha others? EG: I want to generate random numbers from 3 to 10 where the proportio of expected 3's will be say, 5%, 4's will be 10%, 5's will be 13%, 6' will be 15%, 7's will be 18%, 8's wil be 20%, 9's wil be 11% and 10' will be 8%. Thanks in advance, Dav -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Not exactly simple, but... In A1, I have a random number generating a percent value, that being, to 100. In B1, I have a ...

Limit in Text Box
Hello, I'm having an issue with the amount of characters allowed in a text box. I need to be able to have a space that allows more than 255 characters. How can this be accomplished? I am not too savvy with Microsoft Access yet, so any response written in lay-mans terms is greatly appreciated! Thankyou! ChelseaS, In the table change the Data Type to Memo. -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "ChelseaS" <ChelseaS@discussions.microsoft...

inserting a varying number of rows and pasting with transpose..
Greetings, I have a database area of my spreadsheet and a data entry area. The number of columns of data in the data entry section varies depending on the raw data. Once the data has been input into the data entry sheet I have set up a 'submit' button that I want, when clicked to copy the data from the data entry into the database. The first time I tun through this it works fine (via record macro), of course when I try it a second time it copies over the previous data. (As in it does not find the real end of the data.) I can't use the inset cells command as I have t...

Easy Reading
Column A numbers 10 rows down - clear? Column B, a number... smaller than its A column number: A1 - B1 - clear? Column C says, =A1-B1. Problem, I do not want to do this step "10 times" - A2-B2, A3-B3. Suggestion - Copy column A & B into column C and adding the = sign. Me don't know how? You know how? How would you frame the wording into a searchable subject? Type in your search words and I get your answer or close to it. In short, what am I talking about? I don't know? Portland, Oregon In C1 after you entered A1-B1 you can copy the formula to other cells in...

Use Julian Date To Create Serial Number
I am trying to find a way to create a unique serial number based upon the current julian date + an increment counter. I have sort of done this however the julian date function is not static and all the serial numbers change each day. I need to create be able to create the serial number (maybe by clicking on a cell) and then once the number populates the cell, it remains fixed. Any suggested would be welcome. Hi you have to use an event procedure for this. See: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "antho10359" <antho10359...

Outlook 2003
When we type in an address in the address lines, outlook pulls up multiple "addresses" foreach contact, their email adrdress and their fax number. Why is this happening and how can we prevent it? Is there an option that I have missed? Thanks!! Todd The standard behavior for the Outlook Address book is to display all electronic addresses (both fax and e-mail). That behavior cannot be changed. The only way to prevent the display of fax numbers is to store them in a different field or to disguise them (e.g., precede them with an alpha character) so that Outlook won't recog...