Number of worksheets #3

I am using Excel 97.

Apparently Excel 97 can only support 255 worksheets,  but I have a workbook
which has over 400 worksheets!

Can someone please tell me how and why the software has allowed it and what
are the implications if any?

If it does support it without any problems what would be the absolute
maximum number os worksheets it could hold?

--
Mark
0

The number of WSs is limited only by the memory on your machine.
That 255 number is just the number of sheets that can be created in a new WB
*automatically*.

Try this:
Set the option to 255 sheets for a new WB.
Open that new WB.
Right click in the last tab (just so new sheets are appended to the end) and
choose "Select All Sheets".
Right click again and choose "Insert", then Worksheet,
and you'll see that you now have 510 sheets.

You can keep going this way until you run out of memory.
--

HTH,

RD

"Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I am using Excel 97.

Apparently Excel 97 can only support 255 worksheets,  but I have a workbook
which has over 400 worksheets!

Can someone please tell me how and why the software has allowed it and what
are the implications if any?

If it does support it without any problems what would be the absolute
maximum number os worksheets it could hold?

--
Mark

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

Sequential Numbering in Word 2003 and Recycling unused numbers
Once again, I am stuck in Macro world which is quickly consuming me :) It is though, quite addictive and I am determined to win the fight I'm having with my PC. I work for a company which uses network servers so the document needs to be accessed by different people but not necessarily at the same time. We operate Windows XP Word 2003. I am trying to create a document that will open with a sequential number, but if the document is not used or opened accidentally then the number it has generated needs to be recycled for auditing purposes. I seem to be able to get the number t...

Case numbering 01-26-04
I have found the auto numbering in 1.2, but it only lets me change the prefix for the cases "CAS". I need to start my numbering at 3500 instead of 1000. Is there a way to change the starting number? Thanks, Stefanie ...

how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work sheet
how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work sheet Try going to the View menu and unchecking Page Break Preview On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 11:01:08 -0800, "parker1230" <parker1230@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work sheet You may be in page break preview mode. Go to "View" and select "normal" Regards Bill K "parker1230" <parker1230@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A65FC73-CAA0-428D-8ECD-0C2A2E15B799@microsoft.com... > how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work she...

show columns on other worksheet without using formulas
Hi, I have 1 worksheet containing lot's records. Just like in access, each line is 1 record, and each column contains data. ex: WORKSHEET 1: name title address city 1 dfjw kjhk kjhkj kjhk 2 lmkj lkjlk lkjkuf guyg 3 drdtg xcx yjutuy hgyy Now I want to have a selection of columns on worksheet 2: ex, only name and title: WORKSHEET 2: name title 1 dfjw kjhk 2 lmkj lkjlk 3 drdtg xcx I will only add/modify rows in worksheet 1. And I want that this is filled automaticaly in worksheet...

averageif with 3 crieteria
SUMPRODUCT(--(S498:S534="a"),--(G498:G534>=100),--(G498:G534<=200))/SUMPRODUCT(--(S498:S534="a"),--(G498:G534<>"")) I searched questions already answered but did not see averageif with 3 criteria I want the formula to return the average. Thanks in advance >I want the formula to return the average. The average of what? It looks like you're calculating the percentage of cells that meet a condition. Why do you think you need/want an "averageif" formula? What version of Excel are you using? -- Biff Microsoft Exc...

Can't Get CRM 3.0 Reports To Work
In the readme file that comes with server installation in the early access program it mentions under Known Issues: ************************************************ Microsoft CRM Server Privileges Required for Installing Microsoft CRM and Using an Existing Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Server The user installing Microsoft CRM and connecting to an existing Microsoft SQL 2000 Server Reporting Services Server must have as a minimum the Content Manager Role privileges at the Root Folder Level, and System Administrator privileges at the Site Wide Setting Level. ***********************...

Help with vlookup #3
using 2003. I am looking up a number (stored as a string) on another worksheet and returning another series of numbers (also stored as a string) - ie lookup return 411140 263791-411140E Problem - Excel formats the returned data as: 2.63791E+11. It apparently sees it as a mathmatical subtraction of an exponential number even tho it is a text. It doesn't seem to matter how I format the cell. When I format it as text, the formula does not work. (requires General to execute formula). Executing a "text to columns" does the same thing. I need the returned data to show - 263...

Im desperate to fix my fragmented memor...will advanced server save me with the 3 gb switch?
Im desperate to fix my fragmented memory, will advanced server save me with the 3 gb switch? The Situation: -Server=Windows 2000 Server sp4. -2.5 gb of RAM -Exchange=Enterprise Ed with all service packs and hotfixes. -Group Shield virus scanning Every month I recieve eventid 9582's errors, and then 12800 mail processing errors. THIS IS FREAKING KILLING ME AT WORK. Here is what I have tried. -Regedit ajustment to the heep. -ADSI ajustment to the IS (which oddly removes the errors from the event log, however MOM still detects low virtual memory errors). -sp3 (which claims to have fixed ...

CRM 3.0 Email Tracking doesn't work!!!
CRM user can send an email to contact, email title with token: cas00011000. But when the contact reply this email, the reply email can reach the server but it doesn't saved in the history(tracking doesn't work!) of CRM. The tracking function has been opened. We can't reinstall CRM server to fix this problem becasue there are many of customizations. we are having the exact same problem! did you ever get a solution?? thanks, "CEO" wrote: > CRM user can send an email to contact, email title with token: cas00011000. > But when the contact reply this email, t...

How to you selectively sum on a series of numbers?
I have a column filled with numbers, but I only want to sum up a few of them. Let's say I have numbers filling A1:A10. Let's say I only want to sum up the numbers located is A3 and A4. I'd like to ability to enter something in the b column (e.g. "y" in cells b3 and b4) and have a formula that adds up the values in the "A" cells that have a corresponding "y" in the "B" column. This formula would allow me to selectively choose which cells needs to be summed. What is the best/cleanest way to write that formula? Thank you. =SUMPRODUC...

Hidden Comments #3
If a comment is created in row 1 and then freeze panes has been applied to row 2 the comment becomes hidden behind the frozen rows. Other than adding some blank rows or making the first row deeper is there any other way of showing the comment over the top of the freeze rows line? Thanks I don't believe it is possible. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Phippsy" <Phippsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C42B096-4C61-453F-B45C-BE837D32C98D@microsoft.com... > If a comment is created...

3 Factors Analyzed
I need to create a chart that can be analyzed or visualized that has 3 dimensions of a sort. (1) I have a list of items (which can grow) (2) I have set of 5 working conditions in which each item must meet one of the five (3) but they also get analyzed for the condition daily - so I need to add a date range - and it happens twice a day (AM & PM). I haven't been able to figure out how to cleanly get all this data into a table, let alone create a chart from it. HELP! -- Bonnie M. Hi Bonnie, I think you need a clearer idea of what you want to end up with, and from there you could...

How do I reduce the number of data points I have??
Hi , I have some 10000 data points from which I need to reduce to something like 100 points before making an xy chart. Typically I would like to make a chart of every 10th point. So basically I need to reduce the length of my two rows. Is there any way I can do this easily?? Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance -- swapan From the Microsoft Charting FAQ: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon024 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ ssan...

Sending POP 3 email
Once I read a POP 3 email using Winsock, how can I send an email (whose content is the POP 3 email that I just read) out in the POP 3 server using Winsock ? Thank you POP is for receiving SMTP is for sending. So either make you own SMTP control or there are some available like ostrosoft smtp "fniles" <fniles@pfmail.com> wrote in message news:elTQmQ4TLHA.4872@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... | Once I read a POP 3 email using Winsock, how can I send an email (whose | content is the POP 3 email that I just read) out in the POP 3 server using | Winsock ? | | ...

Automatic number fill-in on Labels
Is it possible to have word automatically fill in a series of numbers on Labels. I need a set of labels, counting by fives, from 1 to 3500. Just wishing I didn't have to key in every number....0001-0005, etc. See http://www.gmayor.com/Numbered_labels.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Bridgett" <Bridgett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D380870-FF28-4227-B724-301AC3EC9A8D@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have word automatically fill in a series of numbers on > Labels. I need a set of labels, counting by fives, from 1 ...

Install 3.0 Failed
I am in the process of installing 3.0 on a server. All of the inital checks are fine. I proceed to install and it fails with an error "Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.CreateSetupUserAction failed HRESULT 0x80040237" I searched the Knowledge Base and found KB 941498. I did what it said but got the following error for msxml2.dll - LoadLibrary("msxml2.dll") failed. The specified module could not be found. How do I go about getting XML 2 (the parser I'm guessing) when it hasn't be supported in years? Is there something else I can do? I am installing 3.0...

Desktop Alert #3
Is it possible to get a new desktop alert for sub folders as you get for the main inbox? I have set a rule to create an alert but it is a permanent box on the screen and does not didapper until you click close unlike the alert for inbox. On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 06:44:41 -0700, "Drew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to get a new desktop alert for sub folders >as you get for the main inbox? >I have set a rule to create an alert but it is a permanent >box on the screen and does not didapper until you click >close unlike the alert...

converting from text to numerical number
I have a spread sheet of entire year schedule. The format as following: 1 2 3 .... 31 row 1 row 2 row 3 Jan row 4 row 5 Feb row x Dec I would like to replace column 1 up to Jan to 1. Replace the cell below Jan to Feb to 2. etc. Would anyone help. Thanks in advance. You could select cells A1:A3, type a 1, then press Ctrl+Enter Select A4:A5, type a 2, and press Ctrl+Enter And so on, till all twelve months are done. james wrote: > I have a spread sheet of entire year schedule. The format as following: > > 1 2 3 .... 31 &...

Unprotect Excel 2002 row groupings in protected worksheet
http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=40903597.FF5DDEB1%40msn.com ARoby wrote: -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Column names are 1,2,3,....
I just noticed today that the column names in my excel spreadsheets are no longer alphabetical, but are numerical. The column marked "1" is defined by excel as column "1C", and row "1" is defined as row "1R". How can I get the column names to change back to the alphabet? Thanks Hi! G! Use: Tools > Options > General Remove check from "R1C1 reference style" -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good...

Converting a number to Hour & Min format
I am attempting to take a basic number, say 2000, and convert the number into an hour and minute format (i.e. 33:33) only. Everytime I use the custom format tab or the time/date tab I get a date included or an AM/PM setting. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance. Hi, For any number to be converted into time format you need to divide tha number by 24, since Excel time code is 24 (hr) code. then you forma the divided answer (83.33) into time, you will get 8:00 regards sazi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use Format/Cells/Number/Custom [hh]:mm In article <...

Label of Number in a Range
I have set a high and low range of values with a correponding label, how do I return the label of the range where the data point fits? For example, ColA ColB ColC 5 10 Low 11 20 Medium 21 30 High D1 has the value 13 how do I get E1 to return the label "Medium" Thank you Hi Try: =VLOOKUP(D1,A2:C4,3) -- Andy. "webnntp" <webnntp@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d1d35423.0405120719.7be94baa@posting.google.com... > I have set a high and low range of values with a correponding label, > how do I return the label of the range where the data point ...

Text Function with Different Formatting for Number
I'm trying to use a text function where I reference a number from another cell but I need the text part to be bold and the number not to be bold. This is the formula I'm using right now: ="Sales: "&TEXT(A16,"$#,##0_);($#,##0)") Unfortunately, excel won't let me just make the text bold without making the number bold. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks M, I think a macro could do this, since it's really a string you're going to wind up with. But if you can put the Sales: part in a separate cell, life will be much easier anyway. then you ...

Free business opportunity #3
If you need to make 2,000 - 5,000 per week - you need to check this out. No cost or obligation full details. www.profitsdaily.biz --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20041209205203P0d4HhB4 ...

length of lot number
increase the amount of characters in the lot number field. current field length is not ample space to adequately describe lots in our organization. Length of the item description was increased to 100. In our case, lots are as important as items. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agre...