Number of rows displayed in worksheet

When entering data in worksheet, after 18 rows I get a pagebreak and a new
page with header.  I do not want this to happen.  I've checked the page setup
and the print setup and find nothing.  Help
0
cjstober (1)

Judy

It's been only 6 minutes since your first post.  Have a little patience<g>

See your first post for possible solution.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 14:55:01 -0800, "cjstober"
<cjstober@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When entering data in worksheet, after 18 rows I get a pagebreak and a new
>page with header.  I do not want this to happen.  I've checked the page setup
>and the print setup and find nothing.  Help

0
Gord

Deleting Non-Duplicate Rows
Have done tihs is the past, but can't remember how: Have a sheet with 9500+ rows. Column C contains a storage bin number. Want to delete all rows that DO NOT have a duplicate (trying to resolve items that have a duplicate bin number.) Have sorted the sheet on Column C. THX. . . -- BillW ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BillW's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27516 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470299 You could use a helper column of formulas: =countif(c:c,c1)...

Autofit Row Height #3
Hello, I have a column on sheet 1 that is set to wrap text so that the row height increases and decreases as more text is entered into the cell. This works fine. Users enter a number on sheet two where there is a lookup function that returns the appropriate text from sheet 1. The problem is that when the text is returned by the function, the row height does not adjust to fully display all of the text in the cell. Is there a way of automating this? Any help would be appreciated. -- Thanks, MarkN ...

Seperating worksheets
I have a workbook with about 15 worksheets in it. Is there a quick way to automatically seperate all 15 into single workbooks. or do I have to go 1 by 1? Thanks, Steve Hi Steve Try this macro It will save each sheet in a seperte wornook in C:\ Sub test() Dim a As Integer Dim wb As Workbook Application.ScreenUpdating = False For a = 1 To ThisWorkbook.Worksheets.Count ThisWorkbook.Sheets(a).Copy Set wb = ActiveWorkbook wb.SaveAs "C:\" & wb.Sheets(1).Name & ".xls" wb.Close False Set wb = Nothing Next a ...

Setting random number range based on query, not table
I have a "quiz" form that randomly pulls up questions from my table. It works fine, and I don't mind that it repeats questions. This allows me to sit and review for as long as I want. The problem is, that I want to use criteria in a query to limit the available questions. If I base this form on a query and limit the number of questions, the code I am using is still setting the maximum number as the number of records in my table. In the past, I had a similar database (which I have lost) that would open the form, set the selector to the last record available to the form,...

Serial number error in sales order entry window (2nd post)
I'm reposting this because there was no response to my first post. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has had this problem. I noticed that one of my coworkers invoiced and added (overided) a serial number into the Great Plains instead of allocating one of the existing ones. How do I return this serial number w/out affecting my inventory? I need to: 1. Return the item w/the wrong serial number. 2. Reinvoice the correct serial number. 3. NOT HAVE THE WRONG SERIAL NUMBER STUCK IN MY INVENTORY. How do I do this? Hi Paoakalani Try looking at Serial Number edit, by Blue Moon...

Odd Looking Number
Hi I am using a spreadsheet in Excel 2002 on Windows XP, for some reason the account numbers (which someone input, along with addresses) have a little green mark in the corner of the cell. I thought it was to show that there is a comment, but it is not. When you click on the cell, a little warning sign shows, saying ERROR - number in this cell formatted as text or preceded by an apostrophe. When I click on the arrow by the warning sign, it says Number stored as text Convert to number Ignore error Edit in formula bar Error checking options Show formula in audinting toolbar Now I l...

display the value of an unbound textbox in a field within a table
I created 3 textboxs to calculate the number of business days between 2 dates. The 3rd textbox contains the value. I now want to have this value displayed in a table field. I'm sure this is easy but I'm a complete novice and have spent far too much time on this already. Can anyone help! Fibi, The general concept of tables is that they are for storage of data in the background. They are not for display of data. That is what forms and reports are for. Therefore, the appearance of the data in the tables is not normally relevant, and the display of calculated values is im...

How to keep display format when exporting XML?
First thank you for taking the time to read about my problem. My problem is this. When exporting my xml data, the time/date values loose their display format. A time of 01:30 am, for example, becomes something like 0.001353 when exported.. What do I need to do to keep the same format as is displayed in Excel? It would sure be great if you could help. Kind regards ...

Numbers turn red when equals to 0
Good day, Im monitoring our stock inventory using excel, i just want to know if I can make a certain cell turn red if my inventory is >5 or equal to zero.? Thanks -- shiela21cute ------------------------------------------------------------------------ shiela21cute's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33169 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=529926 Check out Conditional formatting Ed -- EdMac ------------------------------------------------------------------------ EdMac's Profile: http://www.excelforum...

Compare and Highlight Rows
I have an excel file with two worksheets. is there a way to programatically compare the two worksheets to find matches and highlight those matches on each worksheet. They both have the same columns. I want to compare the InspectionID column. The Inspection ID column may have duplicates in both of the worksheets. I have never done anything in excel above the beginner level. However, I am a very skilled VBA programmer (programmed in ACCESS for over 10 years). Thank you You may find it easier to use Conditional formatting instead: For instance, with Sheet1 column A selected, and cel...

How to automatically rearrange data on a worksheet.
Hi all. I am a noob when it comes to Excel, so I hope there is some of yo gurus who can help me out with a probably trivial problem. Thing is, I have a program that automatically logs data to a CSV file All the data is added sequentally to the file. If I open it with Excel it looks like this: Code ------------------- VarName TimeString VarValue Test_tag_00 20-10-2005 13:41 1 Test_tag_01 20-10-2005 13:41 2 Test_tag_02 20-10-2005 13:41 3 Test_tag_03 20-10-2005 13:41 4 Test_tag_00 20-10-2005 13:48 1 Test_tag_01 20-10-2005 13:48 2 Test_ta...

Automatically display set text based on users composition
Hi, im trying to do something really simple, trouble is i dont know what the feature's called to be able to search for tips on how to do it. Basically in outlook messages, when a user begins writing a sentence e.g. "in the terms of" i need a tag to pop up that allows the user to press enter and then the remainder of what they will want to type in will be inserted in, its a yellow tag that comes up above the words. i dont know where it needs to be created and enabled. Cheers, Rhys. ...

data entry on multiple worksheets
I have a book with one master worksheet and then several other worksheets with data from the master. Is it possible to have the data I enter or update on the master to automatically populate the correct information into the other worksheets, even though the other worksheets store the data on different rows than the master? Hi you could use cell links such as ='master sheet'!A1 in your target cells -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "diosdias" <diosdias@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A674ACB3-C5F7-477D-954E-561B85FF705E@microsoft.co...

SFO CRM folders won't display page
SFO appeared to install correctly. The CRM toolbar buttons work fine in SFO. But when I click on a CRM folder such as accounts, I get the following Action Canceled error. I am running CRM 1.2 and this is on a Windows XP client. I have installed the SP2 and SFO enhancement patches and cleared forms cache in Outlook. I also uninstalled and reinstalled SFO. SFO works fine on all other laptops within our organization. Here is the error which occurs when I select any folder within SFO/CRM. Action canceled Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might ...

when I type a long number it shows up as smaller number and +
when converting from xls to csv format, some of my longer mortgage numbers get condensed into a smaller number with a letter, a plus sign and another number. example: 100020013120 turns into 1.0002E+11. Any way to get rid of this? Thanks, Yes, just specify the format that you want. Format Cells...>Number>0 decimal places Regards, Fred "SandyC" <SandyC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA52E426-360E-4BE5-B63B-1209E673CA65@microsoft.com... > when converting from xls to csv format, some of my longer mortgage numbers > get conde...

Preventing extra Worksheets when drilling down in Pivots?
Is there a way to prevent the creation of a new worksheet for a drill down, unless I want it to stay in my workbook? it drives me nuts deleting all those extra worksheets that get automatically created everytime I double click on the data when I just to take a look. Thanks so much. Maybe you should use a Userrform with a combobox to store your lists. http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway "STILLA" wrote: > Is there a way to prevent the creation of a new worksheet for a drill down, > unless I want it to stay in my workbook? > > it drives me nuts deleti...

How to display XML string returned by CRM Accountobject.retrive me
Hi All, Please let me know how i can display the query results fetched from crm database into Datagrid directly. Any help is appreciated. "Vijay Kr. Poriya" wrote: > Hi All, > > Please let me know how i can display the query results fetched from crm > database into Datagrid directly. > > Any help is appreciated. > > Vijay - I assume that you are referring to using the CRMAccount.Retrieve method documented at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/CrmSdk1_2/htm/v1d2crmaccountretrievemethod.asp This method will retrie...

Rotating page numbers
I have a document with both page layouts (landscape and portrait) however the page numbers obviously will be pointing in the direction of the associated layout does anyone know how to be consistent in this? ...

conditional formating: ifs and highlighting rows
my spreadsheet documents error incidents, with each row showing the date the incident was discovered (column A) and the date it was resolved (column I). it also calculates networkdays (column J) -- unless column I=0 -- and references an array of holiday dates on another sheet. i would like to create a conditional format that will identify rows with an incident, but no resolution date, then highlight the row and possibly even show "unresolved" in column J cell of that row. Thanks! Well, you have to decide which way you want to go with this. If you leave column J ...

Display more than 1 month in Outlook 2007?
When I'm in my Calendar view, I'd like to see at least 3 months at a time in the little calendars in the left-hand pane. There's plenty of room, but only 1 month shows. I can get more months if I expand that pane wider, but then it moves the corresponding pane in the Inbox view also, which I don't want. Help? KathyN <KathyN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I'm in my Calendar view, I'd like to see at least 3 months at a > time in the little calendars in the left-hand pane. There's plenty > of room, but only 1 month shows. > > I c...

How do I find duplicate rows in a list in Excel, and not delete it
I have a long list of data in Excel that is 3 columns wide. I need to find and save only the duplicate rows but don't want to delete them. Instead, I could delete the unique rows and keep the duplicate rows. In the customer assistance, I found out how to delete duplicate rows and save the unique rows, but this is exactly opposite of what I want to do. This is one option: =COUNTIF($A$4:$A$18,A4)>1 copy down, and use a Autofilter to find all True HTH Ola Sandstr´┐Żm Picture encl.: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3498&stc=1 +---------------------------...

Finding unique numbers in a column
Is there any way to find the number of unique values among a set o values in a column in an excel sheet. I would also like to know th number of times each value appears in the column. Thank -- coolkid39 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- coolkid397's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2431 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37924 There was also a similar thread under Excel Worksheet functions titled "Delete duplicates". Solution provided was to use: Data>Filter&g...

Split worksheet?
Hi guys - I have a problem with Excel and I don't know what the feature is called so please stay with me whilst I describe it! In the very top left of the sheet (beneath the Name Box) are two numbers in boxes side by side. They are labelled one and two, and when I click on them it either hides every-other line or shows them. There is a new bar down the left of the screen with + signs that you can click on to expand individual lines, or minus signs that you can click to hide them again. This happens when I export from the database I'm using to excel, and the data on the "sub"...

Create a textbox that displays a list of possible items as we type
Hi All, Is it possible to display a list once user starts typing a word in vba? For eg, I have a userform connected to access database(I can already pull info from access, based on what user inputs in ID field), So Once a user starts typing in a text box, lets say User Name textbox, a list of users is displayed (something like google search, we start writing in the search bar and it suggests us what we might want based on what text we input) SO if I type in "A" in User Name text box, I get all the names starting with "A" such as: Name: [ A.... ] ...

Sequential numbering of invoices
I have recently downloaded an Excel template for invoices from Microsoft's website. Is there any way to fix it so that every time I create a new document based on this template, it automatically gives it an invoice number one greater than the previous invoice (eg, starting at 100 and then the next one I open would be 101, then 102 and so on)? http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Nick Xylas" <nickxylas@wmconnect.com> wrote in message news:1180551140.693535.260930@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... >I have recently download...