Number of Multi-users

What is the number of people who can share an excel spreadsheet and edit at
the same time?
0
SW (184)

In Excel's Help, under "Excel specifications and limits", it says:

  Users who can open and share a shared workbook -- 256

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Where do I find the option to change number format in a Word doc.
I simply want numbers in a particular document to display with 2 decimal places. But I can't find this function anywhere. Used to be able to right click to get this kind of function but no more. Are you perhaps confusing Word with Excel? Word has never had that capability from a right-click option. You can use a formatting switch if the number is in a field. Otherwise, you basically get what you type. (I suppose you might have had an add-in that provided numeric formatting, but I'm not familiar with any such add-in.) -- Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word Bible B...

all email from a domain to one user
hi my name is aaron what want to do is have all emails from mail.mydomain.com goto user123 and only for that subdomail i still want mail from user@mydomain.com i have exchange 2003 EE and windows server 2003 EE is this posable i tryid in the users smtp *@mail.mydomain.com, @mail.mydomain.com, %@mydomail.com can some one please help i wold be very aprecative i can also be contated on ajm228@msn.com but do not send email to this address as i will not get it "aaron" <aaron@aaronms.info> wrote: >hi my name is aaron what want to do is have all emails >from mail.mydo...

How do I get auto fill to do decending numbers in a column?
I am trying to get excel to do decending numbers from 50 to 1 in a column and no matter what I try it still will not do it. What am I doing wrong? Hi one way, type 50 in the first cell, underneath it type 49, then select both cells, now go to the fill handle on the 49 and drag down. Cheers JulieD "oesqueen" <oesqueen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:082D4471-39F1-41E1-B50C-5420B18526BF@microsoft.com... >I am trying to get excel to do decending numbers from 50 to 1 in a column >and > no matter what I try it still will not do it. What am I doing...

Multi Selection in Access
I'm trying to design a work order form that would contain a field that I can assign employees to the work order. On any given work order I could have from 1 employee to 30 employees....I don't want to enter the same information for every employee....is there a way that I can select multiple employees in that field? I would like to eventually be able to query by employee.....I would also like to be able to print a report that will show me every employee that was on that job? Thanks for your help. I would suggest using a one-tomany relationship between workorder table and workorder-e...

Summing up multiple line items per invoice number (RefNumber)
This is the result I get with the following query: RefNumber InvoiceLineAmount InvoiceLineQuantity 65914 7.72 1 65914 500 1 65922 110.05 1 65925 77.11 1 65925 7.72 1 SELECT InvoiceLine.RefNumber, InvoiceLine.InvoiceLineAmount, InvoiceLine.InvoiceLineQuantity FROM InvoiceLine WHERE (((InvoiceLine.TxnDate)>=[Enter Beginning Date] And (InvoiceLine.TxnDate)<=[Enter Ending Date...

Journal entry Number Reset?
I am about to close the year 2005, and out fiscal period start from MAY next month, can i start my Journal Entry number from 1 for the next year with out closing the year 2005. In short i want to have Journal entry to be resetted from 1 for my next fiscal year 2006. i wanna keep 2005 still open since adjustment entries could be entered after final auditing. Regards. You can post adjusting entries to the most recent closed year. "Akram" wrote: > I am about to close the year 2005, and out fiscal period start from MAY next > month, can i start my Journal Entry number fr...

Finding a character in an item number
This is really a sql question but; is there a way to find the position number of a specific character within an item number? We're experimenting with tracking revision info on items in GP by adding a new item number for each new revision. So the first item number was 12345.A then the next revision would be 12345.B, then 12345.C, etc. If we do this I know I'll need to be able to find all the 12345 items to summarize sales history. To do that I'm trying to find a way to group all of the 12345 items. I thought the PATINDEX function would do the trick but so far it's ...

First time user
I bought a computer that came with a version of Microsoft Money. I was wandering how good this program is. I have used Quicken before, but never Money. I was debating on which one to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Greg wrote: >I bought a computer that came with a version of Microsoft >Money. I was wandering how good this program is. I have >used Quicken before, but never Money. I was debating on >which one to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You can use both for a while and decide. To really appreciate Money, y...

Counting how many times a number appears in a list?(EXCEL)
hi, got a small problem in excel, situation as below: grade 1 2 3 1 2 1 2 3 4 1 1 what formula do I use to count how many times (e.g) 1 appears in th list? I thought I could do it with the Count function but haven managed to. Cheers -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The "countif" formula should do! Dunca -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =COUNTIF(A1:A15,1) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "sox >" <<sox.152stn@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:sox.152stn@excelforum-nospam.com... > hi, got a small problem in excel...

Outlook 2000 Selecting a user profile to use when Outlook starts
I am able to do this using Outlook 2003 (see http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx? AssetID=HP052423751033&CTT=4&Origin=CH063565691033) but can it be done with 2000 WITHOUT setting up a new computer user? Right now Outlook 2000 brings both my email account into the same inbox. What I want Outlook 2000 to do when it opens is to first ask me which profile I want to load. I have looked everywhere but can't seem to find a solution other than creating another User on my computer and then signing on as them. This is a hassle though because I have to keep changi...

Multi-Select PickList
I know how to create a picklist attribute on the contact record but is there a way to create a multi-select, i.e. I can select multiple items from the list? not as far as I know. Use checkboxes or realtions hope it helps -- ______________ closing and rating answers is a good habit and helps the community. please make it so "milonedp" wrote: > I know how to create a picklist attribute on the contact record but is there > a way to create a multi-select, i.e. I can select multiple items from the > list? Hi, a good alternative is to do this by individual programming...

I want to print multi pages on one page.
I've tried going into set up and under page layout telling it to print 2 pages per sheet, but that doesn't work. Is there another way? If, by "multi-pages" you really mean multiple worksheets on one page that is not possible. You could add a 'summary' worksheet to combin your data and print that with the "fit to page" option checked on th Page Setup screen. Be careful with the 'fit to screen' as it can mak the printout unreadably small. Good Luck Bruc -- swatsp0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- swatsp0p...

Show renamed user fields in PWA
In Project Pro 2007 I've defined the "text1" field to display as "Task Type". How do I get this to carry over into PWA? The published project shows "Text1" as the field heading. Pete Hay Hi Pete, You need to do this via the Enterprise Custom Fields in Server settings. Create a task field of type text and call it Task Type. Open up project, and you'll find it's available to everyone. -- Regards, Ben. http://www.applepark.co.uk http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/ "Pete Hay" wrote: > In Project Pro 2007 I'...

Dial-up users unable to complete send/receive
One of our dial-up users has not been able to complete a send/receive. It gets to 32% and stops. She's able to send some messages but a few won't leave the outbox. Ideas, suggetions, best guesses? Perhaps there's a large or corrupt message in her mailbox - can she check it out via webmail? If the ISP doesn't offer it, try www.mail2web.com - then she could delete the offending item and try downloading again. Also, is she getting a decent connection speed? Has she tried from another phone line? Note - posting your valid e-mail address in a newsgroup post, or in your news ac...

User mailbox
I needed to create a new account for a user whose old account keeps getting locked out (for some reason). Is it possible to assign his old account's mailbox to his new account? Or am I going to need to create a new mailbox for his new account as well? Thanks! You can delete the old account, when it asks to delete mailbox say yes. After the deletion, go to Exchange System Manager go to Mailboxes, right click select "Run Cleanup Agent". The mailbox should now have a Red X on it, right click the mailbox and select Reconnect. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA E...

Multi line watermark
Is there a way to create a 6 line watermark in Word 2007? Thank you in advance for your help Yes. Watermarks are just WordArt, which can have multiple lines. You may not be able to do this through the WordArt dialog, but you can certainly create it manually, as a washed out WordArt object anchored to the header and formatted as Behind Text. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Dottie" <Dottie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24E106FB-D6A0-4CDE-82D0-CF6A024C5517@microsoft....

numbering pages in footer
In the old excel, 1997, we could start a new page with a different page number rather than 1. I have many pages in one worksheet and many worksheets. I want the numbering footer to continue with each worksheet I prepare, and print them out at different times. I will finish one worksheet and print, and use this while working on a new worksheet, but want the next page to start where the last worksheet ended. I know you can do this by added all the worksheets together on a single worksheet and group them, however I work them at different times. On the 1997 version, you would simple ...

Page Numbering (Starting Number Other Than 1)
I am at a loss as to how to start page numbering with number other than 1. I am using Office Pro 2003 with Publisher 2002. When I go to Tools/Options, I do not find the familiar menu "Start Numbering With . . " menu. What to do?? Regards, Bill Go to Page 1, Insert|Section -- JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher "Bill" <russeng@kiowaonline.net> wrote in message news:09b701c4257b$9d972530$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am at a loss as to how to start page numbering with > number other than 1. I am using Office Pro 2003 with > Publisher 2002. > When I ...

Firstname Lastname, Users
Hi, we have a problem with CRM 4.0 Some useres are listed with "firstname lastename" other with "lastname, firstname" Is there any way to correct this? Thanks for your help, Heiko Kaiser You probably changed your setting sometime after it went into production. CRM uses the setting to populate a field. You can update the SQL field with a query very quickly but it is not supported. Gary Herbstman http://bytesolutions.com "Heiko Kaiser" wrote: > Hi, > > we have a problem with CRM 4.0 > Some useres are listed with "firstname lastename&qu...

Number Format and percent
Dear all, 1. I am new to access program. I need to have 0.67 in a column in a table but when I put this into the column then it returns me 1. Is there a way to have it 0.67? 2. I need to have percent format in one of my columns, but instead of 5% it shows 500%, I want to have it as 5%. I will be thankful to receive feedbacks on the above issues. Thanks, Daoud 1. If your field is long integer it won't work. I use decimal 2. Don't multiply by 100 (the percent format does it for you) -- http://www.ready4mainstream.ny911truth.org/index.html "Daoud Fakhry" wrote: &...

Users Can't advance Sales Process
It seems all my sales guys can't advance (save as complete) the sales process I have activated. They just don't have the option in the file menu OR toolbar. I see them on my account, Admin. I can't find anything under user profiles or security that would effect this, does anyone know what governs this type of privilege? Thanks in Advance. are these users able to see "Apply Rule"? If not, can you please verify if they're missing the following two privileges under Customization area for their role: * Create access on "Process Instance" * Read access ...

Convert range of numbers to letter
Hello. I hope this makes sense. I have a spreadsheet that has columns with numbers ranging from 1 to 100. I would like to convert them to letters i.e. 90 - 100 = A 80 - 90 = B 70 - 80 = C 60 - 70 = D and so on Is this possible? Thank you JB "JB" <badspam@awyway.com> wrote in message news:OUlxDBVPGHA.3728@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello. > I hope this makes sense. > I have a spreadsheet that has columns with numbers ranging from 1 to 100. > I would like to convert them to letters > i.e. 90 - 100 = A > 80 - 90 = B > 70 - 80 = C ...

Import from Excel User specified Contact Information
Hello there How can I import contact information from MS Excel when I have may contact fields that are not standard in Outlook (and so do not appear in the import dialog)? Best regards, UT ut wrote: > Hello there > How can I import contact information from MS Excel when I have may > contact fields that are not standard in Outlook (and so do not appear > in the import dialog)? > Best regards, UT You will have to modify the spreadsheet so that the fields match that of Outlook. I'm afraid that won't work. Outlook doesn't support importing to a = custom fields. ...

Version Numbers in Product
Our product is software. How can we relate the version number as a child or dependant of the product name? Is this possible or am I destined to create a new product name for each release? IE Products- Widget Widget Pro Widgets For DOS Version. 4.1 4.2.1 5.0 5.01 or am I going to have to Widgets Pro V4.1 Widgets Pro V4.2.1 Widgets For Dos V5.0 etc? Any insight would be appreciated! jim ball jball@XXXaccu-med.com Remove XXX from email ...

Numbering of duplicates
Hi. I need to do numbering of duplicate values and assign these numbers to a table. Example: Table: Field1 1 2 3 2 3 2 4 1 Reult I need: Field1::Field2 1::1 2::1 3::1 2::2 3::2 2::3 4::1 1::2 where "::" is a field separator. Additional assumptions: - Field1 is a text field - Updating is necessary (new data will appear in Field1 and should also be numbered) Thanks for help Kamil Something like SELECT (SELECT COUNT(*)+1 FROM P1 WHERE P1.ID < P.ID AND P1.FIELD1=P.FIELD1) AS ROWNUM, P.* FROM P HtH Pieter <kamil.jedrzejewski@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193131909....