Number notation

I having trouble plotting a column of number that was save in scientifi
notation like 6.2F-8, 7.1F-6 etc. I couldn't reformat this as 6.2E-
using the "Format" button. It seems Excel doesn't recognize 6.2F-8 as
number notation. I was able to plot number in 6.2E-8 notation. Is ther
a function to convert this into recognized number notation? Wil
conditional formatting work here

Hi

A Find/Replace F  for E seemed to work for me.

--
Andy.

"Fifi >" <<Fifi.1a7sf6@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I having trouble plotting a column of number that was save in scientific
> notation like 6.2F-8, 7.1F-6 etc. I couldn't reformat this as 6.2E-8
> using the "Format" button. It seems Excel doesn't recognize 6.2F-8 as a
> number notation. I was able to plot number in 6.2E-8 notation. Is there
> a function to convert this into recognized number notation? Will
> conditional formatting work here?
>

> ---

Andy
7/30/2004 4:19:48 PM
Anonymous, thanks that work

Numbers won't "SUM" from YAHOO #2
I have copied the chart of monthly messsage total from YAHOO groups in order to make a chart. On YAHOO they are hyperlinks to the messages of that month and appear and behave in EXCEL as hyperlinks. I have vopied the hyperlinks to my NOTETAB text editor which leaves me with text only, tab separated. The cells are formatted as numbers. I have pasted the result into a sheet and the totals appear as text. I cannot sum the rows or columns. The result is zero. In one case I inadvertantly included the row heading "year date" and that was in the result. So there is still some formatti...

making numbers divide exactly without rounding
Okay, I'll try to explain what my problem is. I have four columns to add. Also, each row is added. Kind of like cross checking? Well, one of the numbers in the total column is divided by three to make up one of the numbers in each of the other three columns. However, when it divides, it doesn't do anything with the extra penny that is left over. For example the number being divided is $8287.96. It puts $2762.65 in each of the columns, but actually one of the columns needs to be $2762.66. $141,009.00 $1,436.01 $1,158.56 $6,286.80 $147,295.80 $1,436.01 $1...

script to count the number of mailboxes on all storage groups on a single mail server
Gurus, Is there a script I can run which can count the number of mailboxes on all storage groups on a single mail server? "Spin" wrote: > Is there a script I can run which can count the number of mailboxes on all > storage groups on a single mail server? Try http://www.scriptinganswers.com; they have several (for free). ...

Need to increment the highest number + 1
On my form w/sub forms I have a button to enter a new item, and I want the ID field to automatically pick the highest ID and add 1 to it, and display the result. Actually, it doesn't have to display the result as long as the field is updated in the tables. In this particular case the field is not an auto-increment field. I tried to figure it out but was unsuccessful, I'm a noob with Access. you can use the DMax() function to look up the highest value stored in that field in the table, and add 1 to it. read up on the DMax() function in Help so you'll understand how it works. ...

Page Number Font Size
How can I increase the font size of the page numbers of my power point presentation? Thanks so much. ...

how can i convert a number from numeric to alphabetic in excel (e.
i want do a receipt in excel and i like to know how convert a numeric number to alphabetic number (eg. 1= one) Take a look at this link for instructions on creating the function Spellnumber http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213360 "ice" <ice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A129A52F-1239-4495-8496-FF9A023DA82F@microsoft.com... > i want do a receipt in excel and i like to know how convert a numeric number > to alphabetic number (eg. 1= one) Hi, See the following How to Convert a Numeric Value into English Words http://support...

Unique Document Number Could Not Be Found
I have a client that is getting this message many times a day. We have checked the KB articles and these have not resolved the issues. We have a 49 user install, mostly customer service people using SOP and we take about 10000 orders a month. Any suggestions would be appreciated. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com I've seen this happen on PO entry. It seems to be caused by deleting an old transaction(order which hasn't b...

The CRM 3.0 Email Auto-Numbering problem!(may be a bug)
The CRM Email will automatically add a Auto-Number at the tail of email subject. Such like this:"Your case has been opened. CR000000001". We know that's for the tracking use, but some of the target Email server will block this "auto-number" emails, which means this kind of email cannot send out!!! Not all of the Email server block these emails, but some of those do that. What's the solution? If you go into your system settings, you can turn this off. However, bydoing so you will not be able to track back to the originating object, inbound email will o...

Identify missing record numbers
Hello. I have a spreadsheet that is used to track unique tracking codes assigned to companies. I am looking for a way to easily identify codes (within a range of 0000-8000) that has not been assigned. I would greatly appreciate help. Thank you! 1. Re-create the codes from 0-8000 in A2:A8001 in another sheet (you can enter 1, 2, and then select them, grab the fill handle, and drag down). Put "Remaining Codes" in A1. 2. In B2 on the same sheet, put: =COUNTIF(Sheet2!A:A,A2) This assumes your range of codes is on Sheet2, col. A. 3. Fill the formula down. 4. Filter for 0 ...

Requiring at least one field have a number
I have users entering time and multiple fields with counts. I need to require at least one of those 5 fields have an entry. I added a field on the form that sums the counts and set its validation rule. However, from reading threads about validation I see it doesn't get triggered without a user entering date in that field, so that isn't working. Is there a way to require at least one of my 5 fields have data before committing the record? Thanks. In the Form_BeforeUpdate event. intCombined = nz([Field1],0) + nz([Field2],0) + ... + nz([Field5],0) if intCombined = 0 then &...

Row number in another cell (in row and column)
I have a grid of names. I'd like to assign a number to each name, simply to make it easy to find each name in the row and in the column. To minimize confusion, I'd also like to have this number being the same number as the row that the name appears in. If that is unclear, perhaps a picture might explain what I'm trying to do. http://i37.tinypic.com/eah509.jpg The red ovals encircle the fields I'd like to devise a formula for. The red numbers is what, ideally, I'd like to appear in those cells. Can anyone suggest a formula for the horizontal and vertical cells that might...

Format query column as number
I am trying to use a >6 in my query criteria but it is not working. I suspect the problem is values in the column are not numbers. This query comes from another query where values are extracted from a string. Is there a way to format the column of a query to a "NUMBER"? If the field is named Field1, try: Val(Nz([Field1],"0")) The Val() gives the numeric value of a string. It can't cope with Null, so we convert the nulls to a string zero first. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/ti...

Auto Indents in bulleting/numbering

columns and rows don't have letters and numbers
Someone at work has done something to their worksheet to cause the letters for columns and numbers for rows to change to dots. Help. tools>options>view>row & columns -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Doug" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:953801c43378$3a7e14d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Someone at work has done something to their worksheet to > cause the letters for columns and numbers for rows to > change to dots. Help. Doug First thing I would look at is Tools>Options>General and check out the "...

Do not count minus-numbers
I have some number I would like to SUM, but I dont want excel to calculate the minus-number. Here is what I have - A1 10 B1 20 C1 30 D1 40 E1 -1000 F1 0 G1 0 I do it like this SUM(A1:G1) But I want it to say SUM(10+20+30+40+0+0) How can I do it like that ? May be =sumif(A1:G1,">0") "SpookiePower" <boxjunk2600@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4ef118e1-4171-4509-a5dd-eaf1fd0a91e6@v19g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... >I have some number I would like to SUM, but I dont want excel to > calculate the minus-number. > > Here is what I have - > > A1 10 ...

Newletter Volume and Issue Numbering
Our nonprofit published newletters last year starting with volume 1 and ending with issue 5. How do we number ongoing issues? How about volume 2 iss1 -- Don Vancouver, USA "Volunteer1" <Volunteer1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D7DFFC1-672E-43A1-8A99-D833A6DB2F35@microsoft.com... > Our nonprofit published newletters last year starting with volume 1 and > ending with issue 5. How do we number ongoing issues? Personal preference. My group had 4 issues per volume and then I got fed up with all of that. We dumped the Volume/Issue data. Let...

Converting to Number for V Lookup
I am attempting a V Lookup which involves Employee ID#'s, of which some begin with a Letter (A123) and some begin with a Zero (0123). When I attempt to convert these to Numbers I see no change and my V Lookup returns a #N/A error. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you For the 2, "numbers" that you mention (A123 and 0123) what are you trying to return from the VLOOKUP? Just the number 123 for both of them? "PeterB" wrote: > I am attempting a V Lookup which involves Employee ID#'s, of which some begin > with a Letter (A123)...

trying to get Error Number
I have a .chm that is called by a cmdButton: Shell "HH.exe " & CurrentProject.Path & "\myfile.chm", vbNormalFocus which works, fine, but am trying to give User more info if they delete or move the .chm file from ProjectPath. When I try to get an Error number by renaming the chm, I get a dialog box with "Help" as the title, and just a line that says: Cannot open the file: (path)\myfile.chm. It appears that the help compiler generated the diaglog box? Is there a particular error I can trap to generate a more detailed error message, or should I just c...

Number format #11
I'm having trouble formatting a number to a number. e.g...... from 16250 to 16,250.00. When I go into format and try to change it, it does not do it? Do I need to do something else? I've tried everything to change the number since I have to type in a formula and it just doesn't do it. You should set the cell format to 'Number' and ensure that the decimal places counter is set to '2'. This ought to change 16250 to 16250.00 Alex >-----Original Message----- >I'm having trouble formatting a number to a number. e.g...... from 16250 to >16,250.0...

Leading-zeros disappear from auto-numbers (quotations, invoices, e
Hi, After upgrading from CRM3 to CRM4, the generation of, for instance, quotes, has changed: CRM3: QUO-04567-XXXXXX CRM4: QUO-4568-XXXXXX How can I preserve leading zeros? Is it a bug? Thanks and regards, ...

remove last character in a column of part numbers if a "V"
i have a column of different length part numbers and want to remove the last letter if it is a "v" only..how do i do that? Assuming data is in column A, put this in a helper column and copy down......... =IF(RIGHT(A1,1)="v",LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-1),A1) then Copy > PasteSpecial > Values on that helper column and then replace your original column A with it...... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "leo" wrote: > i have a column of different length part numbers and want to remove the last > letter if it is a "v" only..how do i do that? Leo, Tr...

auto number conversion error
I am trying to convert a database from 97 to 2000 and am getting some ambiguous auto number results. The last auto number from prior to the conversion is 120 and now when I enter a new record after conversion the numbers start at 1291848529 and continue from here. I have a backup to try and convert again, but the same thing keeps happening. Is there something I can do to fix this so the next # will be 121 either in the converted database or somehow through the coversion process? Please, any help? These new #'s are way too large. Thanks, Bridget ...

I want to convert numbers to text in Excel
i.e. 0000176 into exactly the same but as text. How do I do this? Format the cell to Text before you enter the number. Or precede the entry with an apostrophe. HTH Otto "Hannibal" <Hannibal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A94F5A6-45B4-40F2-9D6D-84FF9A4C6095@microsoft.com... > i.e. 0000176 into exactly the same but as text. How do I do this? try to use formula text( ) "Hannibal" wrote: > i.e. 0000176 into exactly the same but as text. How do I do this? ...

Duplicate Master Numbers
We are using Great Plains 7.0 with SQL 2000 on a Citrix environment. For some odd reason we are getting Duplicate Master Numbers in SOP. The master numbers are duplicating from the master numbers that are already in the history in the SOP30200 table. Can anyone me tell why is this happening? I have following the TechKnowledge and fix the problem but how can I prevent it from happening again? Thank you, KBrown ...

map a range of numbers to a range of corresponding letters?
I need help constructing a formula to map a range of numbers to a corresponding range of letters like below. Each number is a unqie cell, and each letter is in a unique cell. INPUTS 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 A B C D E F G H I J K L Ideally I would like to write a formula that I can copy straight down a column that would allow me to enter a number in one column and then give me the corresponding letter to the right. For example I would enter: 4 and the formula would produce D, and so on. 11 K 8 H I've been toying wi...