number list compare

How do a compare a number to a list of numbers to get the next highest and
next lowest number?
0
jpmmschi (1)

In article <6DBB1D07-4ABE-4885-8DAE-5552AC7603C6@microsoft.com>,
 "jpmmschi" <jpmmschi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> How do a compare a number to a list of numbers to get the next highest and
> next lowest number?

Assuming that your list of numbers are in Column A...

Next lowest number:

=MAX(IF(A1:A10<B1,A1:A10))

Next highest number:

=MIN(IF(A1:A10>B1,A1:A10))

....where B1 contains the number being compared to.  Both these formulas
need to be entered using CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER.

Hope this helps!
0
domenic22 (716)

Custom Item list report
I used to have an custom item list report that I used with our scanpal scanners for inventory, my computer crashed and when we reinstalled the RMS software I most have lost that report. Does anyone have this report available? or can someone tell me how to get it? Help!!! Thanks! ...

Font size in data validation drop down lists
I am using data validation lists to control user inputs to a spread sheet. How do I change the font size inside the drop down list? I have tried changing the font size on the sheet itself & changing the font size on the list page. I can't seem to find a property setting for this font size. The only way to make it appear larger is to zoom in on the page. In a data validation dropdown list, you can't change the font size. There are a couple of programming workarounds here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Font Ryan wrote: > I am using data validation lis...

Listing all the files on a disk
I apologize for asking a simple question, but I hope that somebody can help. I am looking for a sample .vbs script to list the full name (including path) of all the files in a given disk, if possible with owner and size. Before building it from scratch, is there a sample I can start from? Regards Marius I would take a look on this forum: 'visual basic, vb, vbscript,Free source code for the taking. Over five million lines of programs.' (http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/default.asp?lngWId=1) Tree Walk or recursive directly search/list programs are usually common...

VLookUp and DropDown List in the same cell
Hi everyone, I know that this is possible but I'm not sure how to accomplish this. In column E, I have a list of zip code. In column I, I have the "Priority" category. Priority will be based on the zip code in column E. This will be accomplished by VLookUp formula, where I will have a separate sheet store all the zip codes and the priorities (ie. Priority #1, Priority #2 and so on). The challenge part is that column I "Priority" column needs to be able to use as a Drop Down List as well, in case that the VLookUp formula needs to be overridden for s...

add number to existing text numbers
I have 2000 columns with accounting type text numbers in each cell, i.e. 0345999, 058956, ect. I want to add an "0" in front of each account number. Anyone know how to do this withount going into each cell and doing it by hand? Hi one way: use a helper column with the formula ="0" & A1 copy this down for all rows, copy this column and insert it with 'Edit - Paste Special - Values' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Stacy wrote: > I have 2000 columns with accounting type text numbers in > each cell, i.e. 0345999, 058956, ect. > > I wan...

Number Problem #2
D'all, In a column, I hav 16 digits numbers. But when I add 4 digit number after last digit of that number becomes 4 zeros at last. e.g. 9503170011002910 (16 digit number) 1425 (4 digit number) becomes 95031700110029100000 whether it should be 95031700110029101425 Excel can only handle 15 digit numbers, after that everything gets shown as 0. If you want 20 digits you will have to hold it as text. -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Sandeep Jangra" <SandeepJangra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E87C8C7-8CBC-4CF8-9E0A-F222DD023255@mi...

Phone field should allow for 5 digit extension number.
Many companies, including Microsoft, have 5 digit extensions for their phone numbers. i.e xxx-xxx-xxxx ext. xxxxx Dynamics is limited to 4. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/...

create an index listing where specific names are mentioned
I am writing a history about my Dad and Mom. I want to create an index showing the pages specific names are mentioned. How do I do this. Publisher does not have an Index feature. Use Word. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "family history mama" <family history mama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFF1FE4A-E80F-444F-8E7D-6AA71878D100@microsoft.com... >I am writing a history about my Dad and Mom. I want to create an index > showing the pages specific names are mentioned. How do I do this. ...

public folder offiline address list oab version2, 3a,4 folder is lost
i using win2003 ,exchange 2003sp2 , have domain and sub-domain in recently my root domain user can't load offline address list then i see my "public folder " "view system folders" offline address book " "/o=HKG/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=offline address list" is miss " oab version 2, oab version 3a, oab version 4" folder i try more solution not work , my sub-domain is work , user can load offline addess book " public folder is nomral , can post and see in outlook and owa but if root domain user can't see public folder in owa just see a tex...

create calendar drop down list in Excel sell
i would like to create calendar drop down list in Excel. Is it possible to import it or link a sell to a calendar? Hi try: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Bo" <Bo@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0F312DC0-3E90-4A1B-9B3C-7D239A5845A7@microsoft.com... > i would like to create calendar drop down list in Excel. Is it possible to > import it or link a sell to a calendar? ...

Show Tasks Pane similar to folder list
Hi all. In my installation of Outlook, I have a button labelled 'Tasks' at the left of the screen, under my folders list. Is it possible to have the Tasks as a 'toolbar' at the side of the screen? Rgds Duncs No but OL2007 adds a To Do bar akin to what I think you're asking for. "Duncs" <True.Kilted.Scot@gmail.com> wrote in message news:fb76a250-5418-44a3-bcbf-c77487bbafe3@d1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hi all. > > In my installation of Outlook, I have a button labelled 'Tasks' at the > left of the screen, under my folders list. ...

Please Help! Outlook Task list as HTML?
I urgently need help figuring out a way to convert, publish, export, etc., my Outlook task list as a HTML web page. I need to be able to retain all of the view characteristics of the original task list, i.e., colors, columns, sort, etc.. Really would appreciate any suggestions as I need this for an online meeting Monday night for people outside of our organization who do not have access to our Exchange Server. THANKS!!!! Why not use Outlook Web Access??? You could do screen captures and/or print to PDF files? Do you have the ability to make PDFs? If all else fails, use PRINTSCR...

Numbering of duplicates
Hi. I need to do numbering of duplicate values and assign these numbers to a table. Example: Table: Field1 1 2 3 2 3 2 4 1 Reult I need: Field1::Field2 1::1 2::1 3::1 2::2 3::2 2::3 4::1 1::2 where "::" is a field separator. Additional assumptions: - Field1 is a text field - Updating is necessary (new data will appear in Field1 and should also be numbered) Thanks for help Kamil Something like SELECT (SELECT COUNT(*)+1 FROM P1 WHERE P1.ID < P.ID AND P1.FIELD1=P.FIELD1) AS ROWNUM, P.* FROM P HtH Pieter <kamil.jedrzejewski@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193131909....

Forms Drop down list
I created a form that works from a table. From the form you can enter information and it will put it into the table. I would like to create a field in the form where the user can selects what to be inputed from a drop downlist. how would I do that? You need to first create another table which contains the values you want to list, each as a separate row in the table. If the values to be looked up are unique, then the 'referenced' table and the 'referencing' table can have the same column, e.g. a States table could have a State column, and the referencing table, e.g. a ...

How to put in alphabetic list automatically in Excel Spreadsheet?
I am cataloging my DVD's and would like to know how to put the list into alphabetical order once they are on the spreadsheet. I have the list created, but cannot for the life of me remember how to do it, if it is possible that is!! Yes, it has been a long time between uses of the application. Many thanks for any help anyone can offer. Helen :-) Boom wrote on Tue, 11 Jul 2006 03:16:02 -0700: BSL> I am cataloging my DVD's and would like to know how to put BSL> the list into alphabetical order once they are on the BSL> spreadsheet. I have the list created, but cannot for...

Filter a List Box Using a Combo Box
I have a dialog box that contains a list box of all my records; basically this is used as a way for a person to find/edit a previously-entered record (select from list box and click to edit/view). The list box is based on a simple query. I want to add a combo box that will allow me to filter the list box by one of the fields - so the user could select what type of record he/she would like to see, and the list box would automatically filter. I know I need an After Update event on the combo box, but I can't figure out the code. The complicating factor is that there are other filter...

Custome number format help
I have a series of cells that will hold values such as 350,000.00. This value is entered by the user and entire amount is used in calculations across the worksheet. I want the output to be 350k. This way, more columns can be viewed at a time and makes for easier reading than a number with all the zeros. I can't get the customer number format to "hide" the zeros. WB Thanks, yes it did. "Carmen" <hovendic@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Od0aSCQrGHA.4356@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > WB, I put > > #,k > > in the custom formatting box and it looks ...

Scheduling meetings with a distribution list
It appears that if I schedule a meeting using a distribution list that Outlook gets confused. If I send out a meeting request with a distribution list as "Required Attendee", as invitees respond to the meeting request, their answers come back as if they were "Optional Attendess". Is the fact that I sent the request out as a distribution list confusing Outlook?? Is this a personal distribution list or a DL from the Exchange GAL? In = what version of Outlook?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock....

HR TO DO List
I am trying to get Review notifications to show up on the To Do List automatically. I create a Review Policy and mark "Post Date of Next Review to the To Do List", but nothing shows up on the To Do List. Do I have to do anyhting else for this to work ? ...

In Excel, how can I print a long list on 1 page in multiple colum.
I have a long (700 rows) list in an Excel worksheeet. I would like to print the whole list on one page by making the font smaller and by printing it on multiple columns on the page. How can I set this up? Thanks Check out this David McRitchie link for the columns question: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm "Chuck" wrote: > I have a long (700 rows) list in an Excel worksheeet. I would like to print > the whole list on one page by making the font smaller and by printing it on > multiple columns on the page. How can I set this up? > > Thanks ...

How to..use worksheet form and save data to an Excel list
I'm using Excel 2003. Is is possible to create a worksheet form where the user enters data, saves the data and the data is then saved to the last row in an Excel list? Once the data is saved by the end user, I would like the form to refresh so that the end user can continue entering additional data. Does anyone know of any documentation or examples I could review regarding the above as I have never done this before? TIA. Maybe just Data|Form would be sufficient. If that doesn't fit your needs, look at John Walkenbach's enhanced data form: http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform...

Is it possible to change the "result of a formula" to a "number? #2
Is it possible to change the "result of a formula"... to a number? Hi yes, choose the cell(s) you want to do this to and copy them then choose edit / paste special - values this will change the formals to the result. Cheers JulieD "Renee R." <Renee R.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E99C248C-B6AC-416D-BA24-1302BC503B50@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to change the "result of a formula"... to a number? ...

numbering pages in footer
In the old excel, 1997, we could start a new page with a different page number rather than 1. I have many pages in one worksheet and many worksheets. I want the numbering footer to continue with each worksheet I prepare, and print them out at different times. I will finish one worksheet and print, and use this while working on a new worksheet, but want the next page to start where the last worksheet ended. I know you can do this by added all the worksheets together on a single worksheet and group them, however I work them at different times. On the 1997 version, you would simple ...

Compare Last name in Column to Business Name in another column
Hi All, I have 2 columns: Column A is "Last Name" Column B is "Business Name" I would like to indicate in Column C if the last name is locate anywhere in the Business Name column. For example: Column A = "Smith" Column B = "Smith, Varney, Ross Insurance Inc." or Column A = "Smith" Column B = "John J. Smith, M.D. LLC" Either of the above would give a match and need to be indicated in third column with text like "Matched" or something similar. I'm sure this is a simple text string comp...

Page Numbering (Starting Number Other Than 1)
I am at a loss as to how to start page numbering with number other than 1. I am using Office Pro 2003 with Publisher 2002. When I go to Tools/Options, I do not find the familiar menu "Start Numbering With . . " menu. What to do?? Regards, Bill Go to Page 1, Insert|Section -- JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher "Bill" <russeng@kiowaonline.net> wrote in message news:09b701c4257b$9d972530$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am at a loss as to how to start page numbering with > number other than 1. I am using Office Pro 2003 with > Publisher 2002. > When I ...