Number formats default to dates

I have a user that every time he opens a workbook, the columns that were
numbers default to dates, he changes the format back to number & saves.  Then
when he opens it again its back to dates - where is the setting that is
defaulting the cell format to dates?

Thanks
--
PaulaK

"PaulaK" wrote:

> I have a user that every time he opens a workbook, the columns that were
> numbers default to dates, he changes the format back to number & saves.  Then
> when he opens it again its back to dates - where is the setting that is
> defaulting the cell format to dates?
>
> Thanks
> --
> PaulaK

This is happening to some of my users too.  Will be interested in the
solution.

Sequentially numbered Purchase orders
In the past with Office 97. I used a purchase order template that would basically self number itself. when it opened a small box would appear and by clicking it the PO received a unique number. How can I accomplish this using Office XP. ...

To write living will do I need special format
I just need to change and update a living trust You should consult someone with the appropriate legal knowledge in the jurisdiction in which you are domiciled. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "belladonna" <belladonna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F25A64CB-355F-44E9-A005-16AA61DA15A7@microsoft.com... > I just need to change and update a living trust ...

Publisher 2000 changes default font
Having loaded Publisher 2000 onto a Win98 m/c I have discovered fonts used by Groupwise have changed. This implies that P2000 has changed the default font somewhere - any ideas please? How do I change the fonts in GroupWise http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10061270.htm -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "PS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1be4401c45220$f2b1b4a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Having loaded Publisher 2000 onto a Win98 m/c I have > discover...

How do I set the number format to Base 12?
I would like to change the number format on my spreadsheet from Base 10 to Base 12, eg. 12 bottles makes up 1 case. Therefore, if I were adding up three different cells 9 bottles + 11 bottles + 6 bottles, my result should be 2 cases 2 bottles if possible 2.2 in a case column. See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/fractional.htm for details. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Andrew Moore" <AndrewMoore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:893CABE9-37D7-4E6B-8A7E-A5E679C8C824@microsoft.com... >...

Help ! formatting data to text

Conditional Formatting w/ a List/Icons
I am trying to allow someone to select "Green", "Yellow" or "Red" from a list and the cell to display a green/yellow/red icon appropriately. Or, if possible, the user could just select the icon (instead of selecting text). Is this possible? Use Data Validation for the list. Type in Red, Yellow, Green as the list. This give the user the list to select from. Use Conditional Formatting for the fill part. Set three conditions, If Cell Value-"Green" (select a green fill), etc.. -- If this helps, please remember to click yes. "...

Hot Dates
Hi, I have a Year-at-a-Glance worksheet into which users enter important dates and associated actions to be taken. I now want to use Conditional Formatting to highlight specific entries in the worksheet when their date matches today's date. The problem I have is that I need to convert data from three independent cells into a date to compare it with 'TODAY()'. The first cell (formatted as a number) carries the day, e.g. 2, 17, 23, etc. The second cell (formatted as General) carries the month, e.g. January, March, September, etc. The third cell (formatted as a num...

conditional format 04-15-10
Hi, I want the color of the text in cell B1 to change depending on the value in cell A1 How can this be done? I know I can do it with conditionale format for the cell itself but not for another one. Thanks JP Try this. Assume you want B1 text to change colour when the value in A1 is 5, select B1 and go to conditional formatting. In the condition, select 'Formula is' then in the empty space, type =A1=5 choose the font colour that you want. "Jean-Paul" wrote: > Hi, > > I want the color of the text in cell B1 to change depending on th...

Special format
How can I change the format from numerical to English?? e.g.: 420 to Four Hundred and Twenty Only It is called typing - UNBELIEVABLE or SEARCH and REPLACE but MS Office 2002 Chin support numerical to chinese: 123456789 -----> = &#19968;&#20740;&#20108;&#21315;&#19977;&#30334;&#22235;&#21313;&#20116;&= #33836;&#20845;&#21315;&#19971;&#30334;&#20843;&#21313;&#20061; =3D.=3D" Can anyone help~~ >-----Original Message----- >It is called typing - UNBELIEVABLE > >or SEARCH and REPLACE > > >. > ...

Insert Static Date as part of Macro
I've built a nice macro, but I want it to insert the date it is run in an empty cell within the macro's range. When working within a spreadsheet, Ctrl +; returns the system date, but I can't figure out how to put that command into a macro. The macro recorder editor shows that the system recognizes the entry as the current date, not a function that returns the current date. The now() or today() functions are both dynamic ... they change with the system date. That's not acceptable in this situation. I need to seen when the macro was run. Thanks for any help, Ralph di...

reply formatting in Outlook 2010
I set up my normal.email.dotm file to have 12 pts below each paragraph, which helps formatting issues when sending emails to people using gmail and other programs that interpret paragraph breaks differently than Outlook. That works just fine with new emails. However, when I reply to an email, even an html email, the formatting is not applied. I can fix this by choosing Format Text and then setting the spacing as per above, but this is a pain in the neck. Why don't reply emails use the same template? Is there a way to template replies so i can use the same formatting? thanks in advance, ...

Adding up negative numbers only
Ok, let me try to explain this problem. I have several cells a1 throug a10. Each cell has a number, for ex. $10.00, ($5.00),etc. , sometime this number is positive, sometimes it is negative. I want to only ad all of the negative numbers in cells a1:a10 and put a total in cel a11. How can I do this? Thanks Ton -- tonydep ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tonydepo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1530 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26928 =SUMIF(A1:A10,"<0&quo...

zz report date truncation
We run only z reports at end of day. We will be running cashier shifts soon and would like to run z and zz reports the way they were intended. Is there any way to truncate the zz report date for each register without it running since the beginning of time and using a truckload of paper? Thanks in advance! This may not be the most graceful solution, but you could simply turn off your printer before 'printing' the zz report. Then manually delete all print tasks for that printer before turning it back on. The report won't print, but RMS will think it did. "TV hardwa...

Default font in charts
Is there any way to change the default font in charts? ie, I'd like every axis and title to be 16pt Times New Roman right off the bat. Thanks. Alex "Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6096B69F-DCF5-4BB8-8158-433A4A416053@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to change the default font in charts? ie, I'd like every > axis and title to be 16pt Times New Roman right off the bat. Thanks. Set up a chart the way you want it to look. Right-click in its chart area and choose Chart Type. Click the Custom Types tab and hit the "set as default...

Sequential Numbering
I would like to know the formula for making a cell be able to do sequential numbering such as for purchase orders. Tom, A simple way would be to use something like this, you could assign it to a button, an open or before print event. Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = _ Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value + 1 For other ways to do this or if this is going to be used in a temple have a look here http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html And if you are new to macros you may also what to have a look here on getting start...

Exchange 2K: Controlling incoming email formats....
Question... AFAIK (and correct me if I am wrong), Exchange natively only lets you control message formats for messages that are downloaded to POP\IMAP clients. For security reasons, I would like Exchange to convert all incoming\outgoing email from\to external domains, as well as INTRA-domain email , to plain text format. In other words, I do not want to see anymore html email on my server going in and out, just plain text. Is there a setting for this for Exchange to handle this natively? If not, what (if any) 3rd party solutions are out there for this? Thanks, George Here's the Re...

Automatic Number Sequence
I would like to make a form in excel that automatically generates a number of the form in one of the cells. How can I go about doing this, that everytime I print a sheet it automatically generates a new number in the sequence? I have tried playing around with macros and it doesn't seem to change, only stay at a specific number. Is there an easier formula that this can be done with or do I have to use macro's and how do I do it with macro's if that's what's required?? It's a product information form for new products that need entering into the system. Hi Awissa, ...

Historical IV Trial Balance
When running this report in Summary, I am receiving an error when trying to run with a date range. Has anyone seen this before? are you getting a duplicate error? If you are, then what you are experiencing is a bug. To fix, you will have to apply the latest service pack. Hope this helps. Rheiner "DavidInterDyn" wrote: > When running this report in Summary, I am receiving an error when trying to > run with a date range. Has anyone seen this before? I think so. I'll try that by applying SP 4 for 10.0 "Rheiner" wrote: > are you gettin...

Excel
Hi, I would like to know if there is a way to set up when I enter the data each cells on first row, it will default the date and time stamp on first row. 2nd row should have the different date and time stamp than 1st row. I put "=now()" but it create the same date and time for 80 rows. I don't want that. I want to enter each rows and each rows should be different by one minute apart but same date - June 22. Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks Format A1:A79 as Custom dd-mmm-yy h:mm Select A1 Hold down CTRL Key and hit semi-colon key then <space> bar. Sti...

Formatting in the formula bar
When i type in a number into a cell in my worksheet, say: 42.99 Excel automatically rounds it to 43. Which is what i want and what i set it up to do. However, the number in the formula bar also rounds to 43. Normally i thought the formula bar stayed at 42.99 and only the spreadsheet cell rounds to 43. I am using Excel 2000. Please help asap as i need the formula bar to stay at 42.99 so i remember what the original number was!!! Hi maybe you have checked 'Tools - Options - Calculation - Precision as displayed' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Beccy wrote: > When ...

Date changing 2028....2029......1930???????
Hello! I have a slight problem, in my form i have a date section which is automated as 00/00/00. I use these for part of a report as a from this date to this date, if you put 010125 it will automatically change it to 01/01/2025. The thing I have found is that it is fine until you get to 010130 and then it saves it as 01/01/1930 :-/ any ideas? Thank You Jay -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200703/1 Assuming you're using XP, go to Regional Settings in the Control Panel, and click on the Customize button. Look on the...

Form Formatting
I have a subform (datasheet view) in a form where I want to make one column a different color. I can go into Design view and change the color but it doesn't change in the form view. This form was made ages ago with an automatic format and now I can't get away from the automatic format. Help! "DSmith" <donna@DONTSPAMresxrn.com> wrote in message news:eQARsjI6KHA.4508@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have a subform (datasheet view) in a form where I want to make one column >a different color. I can go into Design view and change the color but it >doe...