NUMBER FORMAT #9

CREATE A NEW NUMBER FORMAT SO THAT THE SELECTED DATES WILL APPEAR ONLY AS THE
FULL NAME OF THE DAYS OF THE WEEK.
0
BIGFINI (3)

Conditional Chart Formatting?
Is it possible to have a series data point (2) change colour if the value drops below that of data point (1) and revert back again if it rises above that of data point (1). (And possibly be a third colour if it is equal in value)? Sandy Hi, Yes it's possible. Creating a chart with multiple series is the way to go. Have a look at Jon's page for more information. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Sandy" <sandy_stephen@DELETEhotmail.com> wrote in message news:%234aeg...

Missing stored procedure zDP_DB_UpgradeSS_1 when install 9.0 SP4
Tried to upgrade a server with GP 9 SP2 to GP SP4. Got this error when upgrading. The Service Pack installs, I start GP utilities, I see the upgrade screen flash for a bit, then I get the message, please wait while the Server is upgraded. It then hangs with the this error in the log over and over again. -=dexsql.log.=- /* Date: 12/05/2008 Time: 4:32:23 stmt(19894072):*/ EXEC DYNAMICS.dbo.zDP_DB_UpgradeSS_1 'DYNAMICS', 1042 /* /* Date: 12/05/2008 Time: 4:32:23 SQLSTATE:(37000) Native Err:(2812) stmt(19894072):*/ [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Could not find stored proce...

Emailing Reports in PDF format
I am using Stephen Lebans A2000SnapshotToPDFver751 to email reports as PDF files. The module works fine if the report page size is set to letter but on the reports where page size is set to legal the bottom part of the page past the letter size does not have the lines that should be printing. I am wondering if anyone else has experience with this problem. Thanks, -- Bob G ...

keeping dates in UK format
hi, Is it possible to stop excel changing the date format when it is opene in another region. i.e from UK to US. i have created a template that is used by several people in differen regions, it uses the UK date format for filtering records by date. However when the template is opened in another region (ie USA) th dates change format, to the region (locale) set on the users computer. This stops the template working as intended. so i want the dates to stay in the UK format no matter where they ar opened. thanks -- jarv ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Money 2007 Crashes with a large number of Stocks
I have a problem that I've been able to narrow down to this: I have an a large number (99) of investments (stocks/bonds/indexes,etc). and Everytime I add the 100th investment, Money crashes. I've tried loading the program on 2 seperate machines with the same results. Faulting application msmoney.exe, version 16.0.0.621, faulting module msvcr80.dll, version 8.0.50727.42, fault address 0x0000e4da. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Is anyone else expericing this issue? TIA To follow-up, I was able to narrow the issue ...

unable to generate payment number
does anyone knows why when using Manual Payment it's "unable to generate payment number"? ...

Trendline formatting doesn't print or preview properly!?
Folks: Bug? Known issue? Or Operator Error? I notice that in an Excel Chart, if you set the line format of a trendline to one of the dashed formats it has an oddly coarse appearance when viewed in the worksheet window (dashed but messy), any when printed (or viewed in Print View) the line style appears as continuous. The same dashed line formats for regular data series view and print just fine. We've tried this on Excel 2002 and 3, on two different PCs with two entirely different sets of data and excel docs and printing to three different brands of printers. Not sure if printer ...

How do you match one column's numbers with the 2nd column?
How do you math one column's numbers with the 2nd column? Like if you had: 1 2 2 3 3 6 4 5 6 7 ... and you wanted it sorted like so 2 2 3 3 6 6 1 4 5 7 Any idea how to do that? Thanks, Lee:confused -- lnsykalsk ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lnsykalski's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3403 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53792 Assuming your data are in columns A and B insert a staging column before column B, with following formu...

Format only cells containing certain word
Today I was trying to do something - I had a range which contained some cells containing the text string 'Manufacturer:' (my inverted commas) and wanted to format only those cells. Now, I couldn't autofilter, advanced filter or sort because of the sheet structure, and amending it would have taken as long as manually formatting the relevant cells. So I was thinking of how to do it. I was thinking of a conditional format of any cells containing the string. But non-numerical (or non-formula) conditions don't appear to be possible. Could anyone tell me if and how it is po...

Unrecognized database format 12-02-07
I am getting the above error when I try to access a database. I have tried compact and repair, importing and the compact utility 'Jetcomp.exe' and nothing works. Where'd you get the database? You usually will get that message if you are trying to open a database that is in a newer format. For example, if you were trying to open an Access 2003 format database from Access 2000. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com __________________________________ If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post. ...

print labels from excel with title and number
I'm trying to print labels for my tape collection. I need numper and title fields. All data is in Excel Ray, Use word to print the lables, For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source see the blow links http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 &am...

Conditional Formating based on other cell values??
Is there a way to apply formatting to one cell based on the conditions of another cell? For example, if A1 is equal to 10 then format C1 to red text. Is there any way to do that. Please let me know either way. Thanks, Dan There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat02.html With your example, select cell C1, and in the conditional formatting dialog box, use the formula: =$A1=10 Dan B wrote: > Is there a way to apply formatting to one cell based on the conditions of > another cell? For example, if A1 is equal to 10 then format C1 to red text. --...

Formatting Cells to display Date: month/day/year
I am a newbie when it comes to Excel and after doing some searchin through threads I couldn't find the exact answer I needed so her goes: [image: http://www.geocities.com/danmann81/timesheet.jpg] The red box is the area I'm trying to format. What I want to do is se the formula for dates so that the dates update automatically withou having to change them manually every pay period. I hope that mak sense. Thank You Danie -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi your link does not work :-) You may try to avoid attachments/links and describe your issue in plain text ...

trim a string by specific number of characters
I am working with a large volume of data and have numerous occasions where I need to trim either from the left or the right specific number of characters of a string of characters. I imagine this could be done in VB but I am not a VB expert. See the Left, Right, Mid, and Trim functions. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "windyoldman" <windyoldman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26B0D22C-FE5D-4762-8493-C44B19663E0D@microsoft.com... >I am working with a large volume of data and have n...

totalling points then reporting totals that are over a number
I created a database for a school which tracks infractions. These infractions are stored in a table, and a student receives one point per infraction. When I try to total points in a query using sum, it works fine. When I add a parameter with a date range (e.g. infractions that occurred January - March) then I cannot total them in the query, but can with a separate field in a report. I would like to report on only those that are over 4 points within a date range. I'm running into a brick wall in the reporting. How to filter only those with over 4 points within a date range? Do ...

Reciept Format
Hi, I am new to POS and would like to know how to remove the lookup field from a printed reciept. The second issue ia I have a T88II epson printer and a generic cash drawer. I prefer to use the windows driver for the printer but when i do so, i lose the connection to the cash drawer. I usually configure the cash drawer and the printer through the epson opos software. The till i have have is a PC based wincore nixdorf Any help would be appreciated smenit, Click here http://tinyurl.com/4gdbu and download the 40 Column Similar to QuickSell 2000 Receipt and use it You must have acces...

formatting numbers in excel 2003
In Excel 2000 I could set my format to number, 2 decimals, place comma, and fixed decimals would be checked in the tools, options. When I enter 329 and press enter I would get 3.29 in cell When I enter 329. and press enter I would get 329.00 in cell. I cannot make this work in 2003 If I have it set as describted above I get 3.29 in either case. Please tell me what to do. 20 years of entering this way will not change overnight if I cannot find the problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. tammie This appears to be an inadvertant change in XL2003. See this thread from a google sear...

Conditional formating, values.
Hi All, I've been fighting an unfair battle against Excel these past few weeks when it comes to conditional formating. It's my personal budget it's all about. Months are horizontally, expenses vertically. A Total-row displayes the current balance, where a positive balance is written in white, and a negative balance in yellow. I've done this using conditional formating, but I'd like my worksheet to turn the yellow numbers to red, when my creditlimit is used up. I hope someone here can help me construct the rule for to take effect - I simply can't get the numbers to tu...

formatting lines in charts
I would like to be able to format a single line in a chart (representing the time period 2002 to 2010) to be solid for actual data and dotted for projected data, but I only seem to be able to change the format of the entire line. Can anybody out there help me? Karen, Put your projected data in a separate series (probably a separate column, depending on how your data is laid out). -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "Karen Saberi" <KarenSaberi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D6167C4-9BBC-48BB-B266-BC200767575A@microsoft.com... >I would like to be a...

Backup #9
I am trying to backup my data. Whether I do it from the "File" Dropdown or automatically. I run inot the same problem. It says, "Unable to access the specified drive. Retry?" When I go into options, I am clicked on only hard drive and not floppy. Any ideas. Thanks. PAL wrote: > I am trying to backup my data. Whether I do it from the "File" > Dropdown or automatically. I run inot the same problem. It says, > "Unable to access the specified drive. Retry?" When I go into > options, I am clicked on only hard drive and not floppy....

How do I change format of all comments in worksheet?
I want to be able to change font and size of text within comments in a whole worksheet, without having to do them individually. Anyone any ideas? see this site http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Reset >-----Original Message----- >I want to be able to change font and size of text within comments in a whole >worksheet, without having to do them individually. Anyone any ideas? >. > ...

Best way to format errors with raiserror?
What is the best way to format an error when using raiserror? I need to be able to make it easy to unpack the error package on the client so it can get all info needed. Or is the SQLException good enough for catching sql errors on the client? This is with C#/VB 3.0. On Mar 25, 11:13=A0am, "Andy B." <a_bo...@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > What is the best way to format an error when using raiserror? I need to b= e > able to make it easy to unpack the error package on the client so it can = get > all info needed. Or is the SQLException good enough for catching...

HR Business Portal in 9.0
Hello: In Business Portal for GP 9.0, is it possible to generate an alert for an HR administrator to "read" that says that "'this employee' turns x today"? Thanks! childofthe1980s You might want to look at a 3rd party product called Knowledge Sync from Vinyardsoft (www.vinyardsoft.com). I have used it for several years and it is a MUCH stronger business alert system and can do what you are looking for as well as MUCH more. Richard L. Whaley Author/Consultant www.AccoladePublications.com "childothe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > In Busines...

formating problem
Hi, I am using Excel 2000 my problem is cell formating, I am typing number in a cell say 5 at it appears as 0.05 I have tried going an formating the cell as number it does not change, I tried formatting a general it did not change. I also tried going into options in tool but I don't know what has changed so I can correct it. Any idea? Thanks Sazi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Tools/Options/Edit Take the check mark out of Fixed Decimal -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Cutter wrote: > *Hi > > Tools/Options/Edit Take the check mark...

conditional formatting dates #3
I maintain a "DEMO" spreadsheet that has a return date for the product of mm/dd/yyyy. I would like to have that highlighted 7 days before the product is due back. Any help with a formula would be greatly appreciated!! Also, is there an ability to format so it also emails me a notice? Thanks, Phil Hamm Hi Phil- One Option, there are others- In Format>Conditional Formatting: Cell Value is Less than or equal to =NOW()-7 Set your cell format specs to how you want the date to display. HTH |:>) "Phil" wrote: > I maintain a "DEMO" sp...