Number Automatically divided by 100 and stored in cell

Dear Friends,
I am facing a problem. When I type say 1000 in an excel
cell it apperas as 10 in that cell and in Formulabar ( the
original value 1000 lost).  Similarly 12345 appears as
123.45. I have checked the number formatting which is
General. In each case after pressing Enter key the number
is first divided by 100 and then result is stored in the
cell. I could not find the reason why it is happening so.
Please guide me in this regard. I will be very thankfull
for your help.
0
jawad1 (2)

Muhammad

Go to Tools/Options/Edit and uncheck 'Fixed decimal'

Andy.

"Muhammad Jawad Mirza" <jawad@leatherfield.com> wrote in message
> Dear Friends,
> I am facing a problem. When I type say 1000 in an excel
> cell it apperas as 10 in that cell and in Formulabar ( the
> original value 1000 lost).  Similarly 12345 appears as
> 123.45. I have checked the number formatting which is
> General. In each case after pressing Enter key the number
> is first divided by 100 and then result is stored in the
> cell. I could not find the reason why it is happening so.
> Please guide me in this regard. I will be very thankfull
> for your help.

0
andy2763 (218)
9/19/2003 7:43:19 AM
Dear Andy B.,

Thanks a lot. It's working well. Thanks one again. May God
bless you. Thanks also for Microsoft for such a good
problem solving platform.

Muhammad Jawad Mirza

0
jawad1 (2)

Prevent clicking on a cell

MS RMS Store Operations Study Guide?
Does any one have this? I would like to get certified but I don't have the $298 to buy it. http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/retailmanagementsystem/using/rms_elearning.mspx Thanks, Jho After purchasing RMS in January I was told that the User's Guide (which could bethe basis of study) was no longer available in printed form. After finally gaining access to CustomerSource, I found it available for download (all 536 pages of it). Yesterday, my RMS tech told me that it is again being shipped with new purchases of RMS. You do have to be a support customer to access the s...

if cell is text move left one column

Mail will not Send/Receive automatically
I have outlook set up to send/receive every minute but it suddenly stopped doing so. Anyone have ideas why? Robin Several. For starters, a one minute polling interval is just nuts. It is difficult to determine why automatic polling is failing when you do not post your mail account type, connection type and polling settings. If automatic polling once worked and now fails, you also need to examine what changes were made to your setup before automatic polling stopped working. In general, here are the reasons automatic polling might fail in Outlook: 1. You have created an unrealistic po...

Add rows automatically? Accordion
Is there a way to automatically add/show rows that have data? I have a data entry sheet. Then I have a report. The report pulls data from the entry sheet. If there is no data for a specific line/row item, is there a way to automatically hide or not show the row(s) with no data? Thanks Thanks can I have more than one autofilter on a sheet? Sloth wrote: > Use the filter function > Select the data and click on... > Data->Filter->Autofilter > This should make an arrow appear at the top of the data (in the header row). > click the arror and select "Nonblanks"....

Separating Date and Time in a cell

Format for credit card numbers

Updating a chart Automatically

limit the number of outgoing messages
Hi, who can I limit the number of concurrent outgoing messages? for example: if I have a queue of 1000 messages, how can I force exchange to send only 50 messages at a time? ...

Automatic changes in cells

Calculating on alphabetic cell content

Sorting Cells by Colors

Cartier Men's Santos Galbee XL Automatic Stainless Steel and 18K Gold Watch #W20099C4
Price:$6,725.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000SBL73U Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000SBL73U I bought this watch and have been disappointed with its performance. The first piece was defective and the dealer replaced the inside mechanism when nothing else worked. Now I find that even if I wear the watch for whole day and take it off for the night, it stops working by about 9 in morning next day. The dealer has yet to find a solution for this. I bought the watch in India. When I tried to get help from the Paris office of the company, I got shu...

Numbering in Book Files
I am creating a tech manual where each chapter is its own file. I have created an outline numbered list and saved the list in a template that I then use to create the new chapters. However, I am finding that when I go into a new chapter that the outline numbering does not pick up on the chapter (Heading 1) number. For example: Chapter 1: Heading 1 style 1.1: Heading 2 style 1.1.1: Heading 3 style, etc. But when I start my next chapter, when I update the chapter number to start at 2, I get this: Chapter 2: Heading 1 style 1.1: Heading 2 style 1.1.1: Heading 3 style, etc. ...