Not enough memory/Unable to save external link values

Hi,

I'm getting two errors when closing Excel. First "Not enough memory"
then "Unable to save external link values".

I can understand the second one - I have a lot of links and since the
are formulae, the values wouldn't be retained anyway.

The file size is 439kb, and I've got plenty left on my hard drive. Th
machine does appear to be saving something despite the message. Th
file is currently open, am I safe to close it? What should I do?

Bertie

I have the same problem.  Found this answer on another post (sorry th
answer isn't better):

>Re: Save External Link Values
>The not enough memory message is caused by too many >external link
(max is 16000 in a single reference: bypass by >breaking the referenc
into multiple smaller references)

>see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=214342
>

>regards
>Charles
>______________________
>Decision Models
>The Excel Calculation Site.
>www.DecisionModels.co

Outlook 2002 won't save passwords.
I resently re-installed Office XP after a disk crash, and now Outlook won't remember any of my e-mail account passwords. It allows me to enter the passwords and check the "remember password" checkbox, and it will keep the passwords as long as I keep the program running, but if I close Outlook, I have to re-enter all the passwords. Can anyone help? Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281791&Product=ol2002 "Bruce" <sentinelangel@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:08bf01c3a5de$7bfdf6f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I resently ...

loop using <xsl:for-each> and external javascript function
Hi, I have an xsl as below. I am trying to loop using <xsl:for-each> and in the select attribute of <xsl:for-each> i am getting the nodeset from the external javascript function in the <CDATA> section. This code works fine with MSXML4.0 parser. When I try to use .Net, it gives me error saying " The expression passed to this method should result in a NodeSet." <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999...

Saving Toolbar Settings
This is my second post for the same subject. MSOL 2003 running on XP Pro Logged in as admin Open OL2003, arrange toolbars the way I want them, close and when I re-open they seems to revert to some default settings. Does anyonce know how to "save" changed Toolbar settings? Randy Rename Outcmd.dat to .old with Outlook closed. Next time you open Outlook, you can create all of your toolbars, arrange them as you like per folder. Close Outlook and copy the Outcmd.dat file you created when you recustomized the toolbars. Save this in a safe place. Whenever you add customizati...

Document Not Saved on MS Excel file on W2K Server
I'm not so sure what newsgroup category will this issue fall. I have a file server with Windows 2000 Server SP4 OS and a WIndows NT Workstation desktops. Some of my users complain that when they will try to open an file especially excel file from the server, and when they try to save the file, its prompts for "Document Not Saved", even though that they didn't make the file idle. I have 50 desktop PC and 60 CALs for my server. Please help. Mark I'm not sure what "make the file idle" means, but when excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a...

Removing Links?
Is there a global way to remove all links at one time in a workbook or do I have to manually select each linked cell and remove the link individually? Any shortcut toward the removal of links would be very helpful. Thank you. 2002 onwards - Edit / Links / Break Links 2000 previous - Download Bill Manville's FINDLINK.xla from here:- http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

What do this message In outlook mean? unable to find WAB DLL
I have been trying to setup my Outlook and get this message> An error occured while attempting to open windows address book. Unable to find WAB DLL. How do I fix this? What version of Outlook and on which OS? "TSR1" <TSR1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E18C455-4F79-44D7-A8A4-2C495D798ED4@microsoft.com... > I have been trying to setup my Outlook and get this message> > > An error occured while attempting to open windows address book. Unable > to > find WAB DLL. How do I fix this? "TSR1" <TSR1@discussions.microso...

Project Save stuck in the queue
Hi, We occasionally have a problem with projects seeming to get stuck in the queue, at about 96% or 98% complete. They may be in that state for hours, while other projects are saving in minutes. This only happens some of the time - the same project might save normally next time you try it. It does seem to be larger projects that get the problem, otherwise it's hard to discern any pattern. Has anyone else had a similar experience, and any clue as to what Project Server is doing? Thanks, Neil. Neil, do you have any error messages in the queue? -- Marc Soester [MV...

unable to display #####.ost
Have problems using Outlook 2003. Periodically I get "unable to display the folder. The file ####.ost could not be accessed." Just recently I've got unable to display the folder. "The file ###.ost could not be accessed because another workstation has accessed it. close and restat any web-enabled applications." What could be causing this? the ost is being kept on a NT 4 file server running server protect. my local PC is running w2k and trend antivirus. Sukh You shouldn't be storing your OST on a network share. MS recommends against it since other processes could...

Reading XML file and stripping and then updating the values into the sqldatabase using Stored Procedures
Thanks in Advance I have a XML file which is read from a .aspx page. I need to read through all the elements, find the values of them and pass them on to the stored procedure which updates the sql database. Here the xml file which has to be read. <transactions> <smssent time="10:30" subsid="12" dest="07951998960" id="321">SMScontents</smssent> <msgtranscribed time="" subsid="12" success="True" length="10" timetaken="20" bureau="bureau10" agent="agentid"><...

Copy & pasted links won't highlight/activate
Using Outlook 2003. While copying & pasting links into an e-mail, the links won't highlight/activate like they used to. As before, all I had to do was hit the Enter key while the cursor was at the end of the link and it would activate. Now it now longer works. Is there a fix for this? I recently set my IE6 pop-up blocker to the "high" setting but I'm assuming that this would not affect Outlook (?) What format is your message being composed with? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question...

How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003?
Hi, How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003? Many thanks, aushknotes "aushknotes" <aushknotes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:508426F2-1C8A-4AD2-A52E-B80B9798AC0C@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003? > Prefix @ to the name of the attribute value. XmlAttribute attrib = (XmlAttribute)dom.selectSingleNode("/path/@attributeName"); -- Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET aushknotes wrote: > How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003? ...

Links in Excel #5
I've got several spreadsheets that link to one 'master' spreadsheet. They're all kept on our work X: drive, which is the shared drive for the whole organisation. However, the automatic links have a problem, in that every time I open the master spreadsheet that contains the links, I have to manually find each linked spreadsheet, it doesn't automatically update. Now, I can't see anything wrong with the source file descriptions and I can't think of what else it could be. Does anyone have any advice or tips? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thankyou in advan...

How do I save a password protected Excel doc in order to open?
Is there a way I can "save as" a password protected Excel spreadsheet to a different location in order to open it, bypassing the password? Try File|saveas on the SaveAs dialog, click on Tools|General and erase any password you find. Stamperfiend wrote: > > Is there a way I can "save as" a password protected Excel spreadsheet to a > different location in order to open it, bypassing the password? -- Dave Peterson Thanks for your response. I appreciate your willingness to give me some guidance. This suggestion did not work, however. The document is not one ...

Creating 'Shared Memory' using MFC
Is there any way to create "Shared Memory" (for interprocess communication/Data transfer etc) using MFC ?? If yes then how? Is there any Class/Function for that?? Please advice, Regards Sanjoy Sinharoy HCL Technologies India SSRoy wrote: > Is there any way to create "Shared Memory" (for interprocess > communication/Data transfer etc) using MFC ?? If yes then how? Is there any > Class/Function for that?? > > Please advice, MFC does not provide a class for shared memory, but you can call the shared memory APIs from an MFC application. Call CreateFile...

Fill array with Values
Thanks for taking the time to read my question. This does not work, and I'm not sure how else to write the code so that each array will be filled with the values. Any help would be great, Thanks, Brad code========================= Dim lowlet() As String Dim upperlet() As String Dim thenum() As Integer Dim chara() As String lowlet() = "a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z" upperlet() = "A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z" thenum() = "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0" chara() = "!@#%^*" Hi At top of mo...

Internal and External Message Size Limits
Can someone tell me if it is possiable to restrict the size of messages bound for the internet (i.e 5 mb or over) while allowing internal delivery with Exchange 2003? Hi, You can configure this in teh properties of your routing group's SMTP connector. Should be right there up front on the first tab page if I remember right. -- --Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us www.briandesmond.com "colmers" <colmers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DFD3CD2B-6EAD-4F1A-9A4C-F334F822EDE4@microsoft.com... > Can someone tell me if it...

How to link trendline equation in graph to cell?
I can display a trendline equation in a graph but wish to link this equation to a particular cell. I know I can copy and paste it but the cell equation woln't update when the raw data changes. Also the LINEST function woln't work because the raw data is not linear. Thank you Help for LINEST/LOGEST is extremly misleading. They fit functions that are linear in the unknown coefficients (not just straight lines) which includes all chart trendlines. For polynomials see http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polynomial.htm For logarithmic trendlines see http://groups-beta....

Mailto:address link causes error
Whenever I click on a MAILTO:address link on a web page, I now receive the error: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Can't create the item. I'm using a fully-patched Outook 2003 from Office 2003. Anyone know why this error is produced, or how to fix it? Thanks for your help. Tim Is Outlook open? Is it your default email client? Does running Detect and Repair fix the error? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious ...

Data Table
Hello all- Ok so this is a really weird one. To download the file discussed in the message below, pls visit the following URL: ftp://eff.csuchico.edu/downloads/BAD/HighDemog.xls We publish books that also contain CDs - in the books we talk about effective data analysis for schools, and on the CDs provide Excel templates that allow users to replicate the illustrations seen in the book. One excel graph we use is very common - published by us on many CDs, and used for many, many years. All of a sudden, we open the file and find some funky error messages that talk about links being broken (a...

Can't turn off "Automatic" update on links
[Excel 2000]: I have checked the "update remote references" on the calc options menu, etc. Nothing works. I want to be asked to update links, as I always have in the past. Something has changed. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Steve Tools>Options>Edit. Check "ask to update automatic links". Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 11:08:07 -0800, "Steve Chambers" <stephen.g.chambers@delphi.com> wrote: >[Excel 2000]: I have checked the "update remote >references" on the calc options menu, etc. Nothing >wor...

OX80042109 Message when Unable to Send Email in 2003 Outlook using verizon DSL
I was unable to send email in my outbox today using a new (2 week old) Dell GX520, microsoft small business edition (OUTLOOK 2003) and Verizon DSL. Kept getting unable to connect to the outgoing server and this 0X80042109 message. Also the incoming pop connection couldn't be made, although I still go my incoming email. Only outgoing was stuck in the outgoing box. Verizon said the OX is a microsoft error. He took out all my settings for verizon and put them back in and then it worked. But what does this OX signify? He thought there might be a corruption in a DLL file. This is my 3rd ...

Updating Linked data in Excel
Does anyone know the best approach for this? I have (roughly) 200 EXCEL files that have VLOOKUPs to 5 additional spreadsheets which have ODBC links to various rate tables in an ACCESS database. Here's the scenario: Part 1. In ACCESS, I have a various Rate Tables where I maintain and update corresponding rates for various programs. As these rates are changed in ACCESS, the corresponding EXCEL spreadsheets (having an ODBC link) need to be opened and the updates allowed to process. Part 2. The EXCEL spreadsheets are used by a myriad of users to provide updates -- I don't want a use...

how to launch external app from GP
We are upgrading from GP 7.5 to 9.0 and have an external VB/Continuum app that runs in the background with the 7.5 client. To launch this app from the 7.5 client, I have the following entry in DEX.INI: OLE_Application1=c:\customapps\fulfillment.exe In 7.5, the custom app launches immediately after the GP client loads, but with the 9.0 client nothing happens. I can launch the app manually and use with 9.0, but we need to start it up automatically when the user opens the GP client. How do I accomplish this with 9.0? Thanks, Jay Schiappa Hi, Did you consider putting a shortcut to it in ...

Problem breaking a link
I copied a worksheet from one spreadsheet to another. All the formulas had to be changed to refer to the new spreadsheet - no problem In Edit Links it still showed that there were links to the old (original) spreadsheet - on choosing the Break Link command, I answer Yes to the Are you sure? question, but the links are not broken - it still shows as being linked to the old spreadsheet Any suggestions Bill Manville's FindLink addin may help you find the hard to find links: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm TJB wrote: > > I copied a worksheet from one spreadsheet to anoth...

"not enough storage is available to process this command"
I'm using Offcie 2003. Each time I try to drag and drop emails to a folder for backup I recieve the following error message: Error Copying File or Folder "not enough storage is available to process this command" I have also tried to "right click" and copy, then paste the emails to a folder on my desktop. I still receive the same error message. *Using Windows XP pro with Microsoft Outlook 2003. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Robert ...