Not enough memory to open Excel

I have been using MS Office Excel 2003 for months.  Last week it worked just
fine.  The last couple of days, I receive the following message:  "Not enough
memory to run Microsoft Office Excel.  Please close other applications and
try again."  I have closed applications, deleted files (included all
temporary files) and I am still unable to open Excel.  I have been instructed
to insert the original CD which I have done.  The problem is on my laptop; my
PC works fine.  Any help would be appreciated.  I have used computers for
years, but I am a novice when it comes to specialized stuff.  I haven't
installed anything new since last week when the Excel documents were working
fine.  Thanks.
0
Gary103 (266)

see reposted thread immediately under this one
  http://google.com/groups?threadm=4C49A4C5-17BF-448A-B05F-E972F5177076@microsoft.com
..

0
dmcritchie (2586)
11/6/2004 4:15:06 PM
David, I posted the item for discussion and I received a message "An error
occurred while sending your post.  We're sorry but there was a problem with
the system and your post was not received.  The error has been reported to
Operations and will be investigated as soon as possible.  Please try again
later."  I also received the same message when I posted this item.  I replied
to the other post with another question and I received the same error
message.  So I don't know (or didn't know) if these messages were/are getting
through or not.  Sorry.

"David McRitchie" wrote:

> see reposted thread immediately under this one
>   http://google.com/groups?threadm=4C49A4C5-17BF-448A-B05F-E972F5177076@microsoft.com
> ..

0
Gary103 (266)

Excel Microcharts
As anyone heard of Excel microcharts for producing dashboards. If so, how do you create them, where can you get the code from, and what do you think of them, are they worthwhile? Regards Paul Only in XL2007. Look in Home tab for the Styles group and locate Conditional Formatting. Look in the Icons gallery best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Paul" <investment101@btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:NsidnRD55pxUjnzVnZ2dnUVZ8hidnZ2d@bt.com... > As anyone heard of Excel microcharts for producing...

Excel file into Word
I want to put an Excel icon into a word document (like an attachment in an email), but I can't seem to do it. If I cut and paste the icon into Word, it pastes the contents of the Excel file, not "an attachment", and if I click "insert", "file", it only list's Word files... I have seen this in other documents, I'm sure... -- Rob, Teesside, UK Inside MSWord: Insert|Object|Create from File Tab Browse for your .xls file. Check the display as icon on that dialog box. abfabrob wrote: > > I want to put an Excel icon into a word document (like...

Excel Number format in Indian style (Lacs, Crores)
HI, Someone please help me in changing numbers in excel to Indian forma .. say for ex.... 123456789 has to be displayed as 12,34,56,789 whic basically is Rs. 12 crores 34 lacs 56 thousand and 789 rupees as pe Indian currency system.. thanks amit chan -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com From a Google search here is a reply by David Richie to the same question in January If you have Excel 2002 or later look up bhattext in help. Otherwise the following format might help you [>=10000000]##\,##\,##\,##0.00;[>=100000]##\,##\,##0.00;##,##0.00 (This format separates g...

Hidden Figure after closing then opening the Visio file
Dear all, I have a Visio file which has PNG/JPEG figures attached on it. However if I close that file, then opening it again those figures are gone? And whenever I saved the Visio file as EPS or other, I also can't see the figure. Strangely, I still can see the "dashed frame" of those figure in Visio file. It seems that the figures are still there, I just can't see it. Why is this happening? Is there a way to prevent or recover those figure back again? I am using MS-Visio Pro 2002. -- Edward On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 07:01:56 -0000, foolishbrat <ewijaya@gmail.com> wrot...

Outlook 2007 open new email very slow
i find a workstation very strange. config = outlook 2007, outlook 2007 pst format. Pst is about 300m size. pentium 3.2G with 1G memory outlook 2007 opens "NEW" emails very slow. once it is opened, it is opened very fast. No problem with past opened emails at all. reboot the workstation, same result. any hints? Thanks. tony the pst has been repaired and compacted, drive defraged, kb933493 applied. Still very slow to open new email. open the email again, very fast. what's happen? "Tony WONG" <x34@netvigator.com> ���g��l��s�D:%23vprYl9DIHA.1168@...

Excel 2003 11-26-09
Looking to return an error message in a column of data if the same value has been typed in previously Assume that do you want to restrict the duplicate value in A to C Column then use this formula in Validation. Place the cursor in A1 cell and press Cntrl+Spacebar which will select the A Column and hold the shift key and extend the selection up to C Column by using right arrow (i.e. A to C) Note that the Active cell should be A1 since the below formula refers the A1 cell. Active cell will have the white background after selection also. Select Data>>Validation>&...

Importing unopened worksheet into an open Workbook
If an unopened Excel Workbook only contains a single worksheet, is it possible to import the data from that worksheet into another Workbook that is open, without having to open the other file? You can write formulas in the open workbook that refer to the cells in the 2nd workbook, regardless of the number of worksheets it contains. This creates a "link" from workbook #1 to #2. If #2 isn't open when you open #1, you'll be asked whether to update the information from #2. This will happen without you seeing #2 appear on the screen. On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 15:33:03 -0800, "...

Intrest calculations in eXCELL
I want to calculate acuring interest in excell from a given calander date, The daily dollar amount is known, Hi! You need to use the daily effective interest rate. If you have a base of an APR12 (Nominal compounded monthly) use: =(1+APR/12)^(12/365)-1 If you have a base of an annual effective use: =(1+AnnEff)^(1/365)-1 Assuming dates in column A1 down, Flow in column B down, Interest in column C down and Balance in column D down: C1: 0 D1: =B1 C2: =D1*((1+DailyEff)^(A2-$A$1)-1) D2: =D1+B2+C2 Now select C2 and D2 Copy down parallel to the flows in column B -- Regards Norman Harker M...

Edit Excel file
I have a macro in Excel that allows me to send an email from the spreadsheet to another person in email as an attachment using Lotus Notes. When the receiver opens the attachment, they receive the following error message: "File could not be found, verify that the file location is correct". The code below that I used is came from Ron de Bruin's site: Sub EmailThisForm() Dim strDate As String ActiveSheet.Copy strDate = Format(Date, "dd-mm-yy") & " " & Format(Time, "h-mm-ss") ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs " "...

excell
how do i copy a cell from one sheet to another On May 16, 2:29=A0pm, tony <t...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how do i copy a cell from one sheet to another EXCEL 2007 Ctrl-C (to copy) int the first cell. Click in the new sheet. Ctrl-V to paste. If my my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. In Sheet2 in a cell enter =Sheet1!A1 Where A1 is the cell to be copied. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 16 May 2010 05:29:01 -0700, tony <tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how do i copy a cell from one sheet to another ...

Days and dates in Excel
I'm tired of entering slashes to tell Excel that the numbers I'm entering are dates and colons to tell Excel that it's dealing with times. I asked a similar question here several weeks back and one of the responses gave me a link which took me to a site where a software guru had posted a formula to do this. Unfortunately, no one told me where to put this in Excel when I cut and paste it from the website. Then I got to thinking that Excel has under soecial formats formats to allow fast entry of SSN's and ZIP codes. When you enter nine numbers in a cell formated for ...

Can you recover an Excel file that has been overwritten?
Saved a blank worksheet in a file name that I want to recover. Can I and how? Unfortunately the original file is gone forever. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Buccaneer" <Buccaneer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0186303-389B-4C89-9BDC-25CCB3BE216C@microsoft.com... > Saved a blank worksheet in a file name that I want to recover. > Can I and how? Buccaneer wrote: > Saved a blank worksheet in a file name that I want to recover. Can I > and how? Not at all, unless you ha...

Dates in Excel
I have a column of dates, they are in yyyymmdd format (no slashes or anything) and they're text. I cannot format them, how do I do this? Basically, I want to change 19700429 to 4/29/1970, but for a whole column of different dates (dates not in sequential order). Thanks in advance!!!!! Insert a helper column. Then, assuming your "19700429" is in cell A1, paste the following formula into B1. =DATE(LEFT(A1,4),MID(A1,5,2),RIGHT(A1,2)) Copy the formula down and you'll be all set. Then if you want to get rid of the helper column, copy the values in column B, and paste ...

Define Names in Excel
Insert -> I have a workbook for each month of the year. I have named cells in the workbook e.g. DT_Inc_Jan_Pupil_Hourly_Cash and DT_Exp_Jan_Fuel_Cash. I have pasted the names into a workbook. I would like to copy these NAMES and do a replace from '_Jan_' to '_FEB_' etc as I need an entry for each month and then Define them in Names. Can this be done easily without adding each entry in Insert -> Name -> Define or can someone help me please with an easier / better method? Thanks Dave Dave, VBA OK? Sub UpdateNames() Dim nme As Name For Each nme In...

Icon Sets Conditional Formatting in Excel 2007
So, I want to be able to use the Icon Sets in conditional formatting with text values. I bet there are a bunch of other people out there that would like to have the text "green", "yellow" or "red" converted to the appropriate stoplight icon, but I cannot figure out how to make this work. Is it possible? Excel 2007 Icons Maybe not quite what you wanted... http://www.mediafire.com/file/dytjrggnxbm/09_26_09.xlsx On Sep 26, 9:27=A0am, Herbert Seidenberg <herbds7-ms...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Excel 2007 > Icons > Maybe not quite what you wanted...http://ww...

Memory leak issue.
Hi All, i have found couple of memory leaks in vc 6.0 dll listed beow(i used memory leak validator tool from softwareverification.com). ole32.dll, user32.dll, msctf.dll,MFC42u.dll .... i have heard that microsoft also has some tool called like "leak diagnosis" and i would like test with that. here i didn't get that product from microsoft site. can you please tell is there any product of that kind and if so provide the link of that. i also need information that any patches available for above mentioned leak dll. Thanks, karimulla. "karim" <karim@discussions....

Excel Opening Up Different On Different Computers.....
Hello, I work in department that we use Excel to log anything that is going on or what we turn in for our university. We have Office 2007 on all our computers. But when one person brings up the excel document. Anything that was typed by the last person used it. Its coming up different, good example the time we typed in log entry of 3:30. It would have some weird number like 0.094643782. Two of our columns we keep things centered and bold. But if you bring up the excel document one or two or more rows will have it right side and not bold. The column we type information in ...

Exch2K3: Opening a closed mailbox
I have just received a message indicating that my email box is closed. I'm using WinXP Pro SP2 client; Outlook 2003; Win2K3 server and Exch2K3 with all the updates. I've increased the default size limitations in Exch from 200MB to 500MB, rebooted the server/restarted Exch and I still can't send or receive emails. What's the solution to this issue? Looks like I have to reopen a closed mailbox, but how and what's the procedure? TIA, Tom Please post the exact error message. Did you receive an e-mail stating that your mailbox is over the size limit, or what? Please...

xl2007 password to open
In Excel 2007 I can password protect a file via Office Button > Prepare > Encrypt Document or via Save As dialog box > Tools > General Options. Disregarding the password to modify option, my question is, what’s the difference between the two password to open options? In other words, does the Save As password option do the same encryption as the Office Button option? Bob Phillips 4/9/2007 answer to a slightly different question seems to say there’s no difference. Can anyone confirm this? Many thanks. ...

Excel
I am trying to get my head around the following scenario � bu struggling. Please can someone help: I have setup 2 data validation lists: �Consequence� List 1 : Serious, Significant, Minor �Likelihood� List 2 : Probable, Possible, Remote, Nil How do I setup 2 further lists which act on that initial preference I.e. so if Serious & Probable were chosen, 2 further set lists woul appear. (The lists would change depending on the initial preference) (Hope you follow) I then need to equate the data into a numerical form. I have studied the contexture site in some detail but still stuck! T...

Opening report in a different mdb
All of my objects are in one mdb, except a report format which is in a different mdb. Can I open (reference) the report object in the other mdb to open the report? JimP wrote: >All of my objects are in one mdb, except a report format which is in a >different mdb. > >Can I open (reference) the report object in the other mdb to open the >report? > No, not directly. Setting a ***reference*** to another Access file makes that file a library to the file with the reference. Having a library file allows you to use its public/global variables and it...

Macro to run without spreadsheet being open
Is there a way to et a macro to run without the sheet being open? Within my macro there is a timer of 00:00:01 to run he macro, but this will only work with the spreadsheet open. Is there a way to run the macro overnight without the sheet being open? See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/OnTime.aspx -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Dan Wood" <DanWood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4BF08BB-6B56-46EB-A1E3-DD312AF8DB6E@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to et a macro to run without the sheet being open? Within my ...

Is Microsoft works spreadsheet the same as Excel?
I just purchases Microsoft works and they have a spreadsheet. I am only familiar with Excel. Is the spreadsheet in Works the same as Excel? I think they are vaguely similar, but Works is the "watered down" version. Excel cannot read Works files, but in Works you can save a file in Excel format and later open it in Excel. On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 19:42:03 -0700, "Dawn" <Dawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I just purchases Microsoft works and they have a spreadsheet. I am only >familiar with Excel. Is the spreadsheet in Works the same as Excel? ...

Create membership roster in booklet form from Excel database
How do I create a membership roster in booklet form using Microsoft Publisher. I want to import names and addresses from Excel. You'll do a Mail Merge into the publication but I'm not sure if that's what you wanted to know. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "secretary" <secretary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB5A0904-BA8F-4B3A-BA55-D76C1DF7B840@microsoft.com... > How do I create a membership roster in booklet form using Microsoft > Publisher. I want to impo...

Open form and find specific data Access 2007
Regarding "Open form and find specific data Access 2007" I used to do command buttons that either: 1. filtered a current form to criteria specified in a text box or 2. Opened another form and found specific data. This does not work in 2007 in the same manner it did in Access 2000 or 2003. It doesn't appear to work at all actually. I don't believe it's related to the use of a subform at all, the SQL Where statement appears correct but doesn't work... Does anyone know if there is a fix in the works? ...