Nonadjacent Cell Text Overflow - Can this be done?

Is there a way to merge nonadjacent cells for text overflow. What I'
trying to do is have text entered into a row of merged cells(e.g. Row
A1:F1) but if the text is more than the cells can contain to overflo
into another nonadjacent row of merged cells(Row3 A1:F1). Thanks fo
any help with this

--
Db171
Db1712's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1591

How to keep the original format of copied text
When I copy text in MS Word 2003 it arrives at the new location with an extra (empty) line at the end. When I try to delete this line it causes the just moved text to revert to the defalult text of the current document. FOR EXAMPLE: I copy a paragraph that is Arial 10pt into a document that is Arial 12pt. The copy brings an extra line at the end. When I try to delete that extra line it causes the just pasted text to change to Arial 12pt......my problem is that I want to keep the original format. when you paste text in a word document from a different file, at the bottom of th...

Can't get comboboxex to display images.
Could somebody please tell me what I am doing wrong. I can get text to show up in the dropdown but not the images. The comboboxex control was created in the dialog editor. The following code is in OnInitDialog. bm1,bm2,bm3 are HBITMAP's loaded from a 64x64 bmp file and work with other controls. Thanks in advance CImageList myImageList; myImageList.Create(64, 64, ILC_COLOR8, 0, 3); myImageList.Add(&bm1, RGB(0, 0, 0)); myImageList.Add(&bm2, RGB(0, 0, 0)); myImageList.Add(&bm3, RGB(0, 0, 0)); ((CComboBoxEx*)GetDlgItem(IDC_COMBOBOXEX1))->SetImageList(&myImageList); CO...

Please can someone tell me what version of Money I have
Hi there, Version 14.0.120.1105 Please can someone tell me what version of Money this is, is it Money 2005 UK? Many thanks, Tim. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/92.aspx -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Tim" <erat@NOSPAMblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:eDIR0VFUHHA.4252@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi there, > > Version 14.0.120.1105 > > Please can someone tell me what ver...

How can I open Posted and Open transactions in one single SmartLis
I want to replace the Sales Transaction SmartList with my own because when we use Extender fields, the Sales Transaction SL becomes way TOO slow. I am able to create faster SmartLists through SQL Views, however, I can only have one type of document status opened in one single SmartList: Open (Sales Transaction Entry window) or Posted (Sales Transaction Inquiry Zoom). The Sales Transactions SmartList allows to open both types from the same list. My users liked the faster SmartLists, but they didnt like that they need to lookup in 2 SmartLists when they don't know if something is open...

how can i combine 2 columns in excel into 1 without losing data?
Assuming columns A and B In C1 enter =A1 & B1 Double-click on the fill handle(black lump at bottom right corner)of C1 to increment the formula down the column as far as you have data in column B. If you would like a space between the data........ =A1 & " " & B1 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 9 May 2005 16:26:03 -0700, sturville <sturville@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Not much to go on here regarding cell contents and formatting, but I'm assuming that you have text in the cells and you just want to make on long text string. (If it was numerical...

Truncating a text string
In A1 I have the following: A4 Black A4 Black+1 A4 1 colour A4 2 colour A4 4 colour A3 Black A3 Black+1 A3 1 colour A3 2 colour A3 4 colour I want to strip the leading two characters and the first space away leaving me with: Black Black+1 1 colour 2 colour 4 colour Black Black+1 1 colour 2 colour 4 colour I've been fiddling with this for a while but can't get it - I'd appreciate some help. Regards, Gavin Hopefully you meant that it starts in A1 with A4 Black and A2 has A4 Black+1 and so on, if so you can use a help formula and copy it down alongside =MID(A1,FIND...

can't make color scheme work
I tried applying it on a word table I pasted in Publisher 7; when that didn't work, I tried using a blank custom-sized business card--still didn't work! There is a tutorial here that shows you how to use Color Schemes. http://cbt.brainstorminc.com/microsoft/help.php?file=publisher4 When you open the fill menu the top row of colors represents the color scheme being used in the present Publisher publication. The tutorial will show you how to change any one of the scheme colors. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "editor10" <editor10@discussions.micros...

Automatically update a given cell
I would like to automatically update a given cell, ex: C:1, with whatever I put into any given cell within a range ex range D3:Z3 today I enter the number 3 into D3 C:1 is updated to reflect the number 3 tommorrow I enter the number 8 into E3 C:1 now is updated to reflect the number 8 the numbers would be entered in succeeding cells , within the range, with no cells skipped. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Tom picktr@wowway.com --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Tom, =OFFSET(D3,0,COUNTA(D3:Z3)-1,1,1) -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period ne...

Outlook Can't Find Default Service Provider
One of our engineers recently returned to our main office from a customer site. The machine he had there was one of our, but set up by the customer. The problem we are having is that Outlook (2000) seems hell bent on connecting to the Exchange server at the customer site. I tried deleting the MS Exchange profile and adding a profile for our e-mail provider (SMTP) and set the preferred profile as the one I put together for Internet Mail (SMTP). (Control Panel->Mail) When Outlook starts, it says that it can't find provider and asks if the user wants to use default folders. Selecting ...

LINKING CELLS #2
HI ALL WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD HELP WITH THIS MY PROBLEM IS I HAVE A DROP DOWN LIST WITH ALL DIFFERENT COUNTRIES IN I WHAT I AM TRYING TO DO IS WHEN I SELECT GERMANY THAT CELL A1 WOULD READ BERLIN AND WHEN I WOULD SELECT FRANCE THAT CELL A1 WOULD THEN READ PARIS AND SO ON, COULD ANYONE TELL ME IS THIS POSSIBLE jinx Please switch off your CAPS! It is considered bad etiquette. You could set up a table with one column containing countries and one containing their capitals. You can then use a simple VLOOKUP() function to return the relevant capital: Germany Berlin France Paris...

i can't send emails
I'm a first time user of windows live mail and i keep getting the error message below every time i try to send a email. It receives email ok. The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Re: ds' Server: 'mail.optusnet.com.au' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No Socket Error: 10060 Thanks Mark Hi, I use Windows live mail too I've been getting the same error for more than a week. I can receive emails but not send them from my gmail account. Funny thing though, i can receive and send with no problem...

sum only if a certain cell contains a date
I am trying to include a figure in a sum but I only want to count it if a date appears in another cell. How about providing some details? -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "mimsly17" <mimsly17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD685823-85F7-408C-8407-6B7FD351DEF5@microsoft.com... >I am trying to include a figure in a sum but I only want to count it if a > date appears in another cell. > > Something like: =a1+if(b1>0,c1,0) ? Regards, Fred. "mimsly17" <mimsly17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Cell Alias??
Is there a way that I can use one cell as a quotient for a formula in a column without editing the formula each time? Example: A12= 1.04 C15 =A15-B1 C16=A16-B1 C17=A17-B1 C18=A18-B1 Auto Fill will start filling B1 thru Bx Can I give B1 an alias that I can refer to in my formula that Autofill wont try to correct? Change the formula in C15 to =A15-$B$1 then copy down. The $ signs anchor B1 For more on this see help on absolute and relative cell refences. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On 21 Nov 2006 11:38:56 -0800, "Epoh Rio" <epohxcvii@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there...

How to check a condition and write another cell
Hi, This problem has bugged me for a week, any help are appreciated. # Condition I have 5 sheets: -Sheet1 : list of text consist of 4 to 5 characters (i.e AAAD, AAAF,....ABX23) in a single column but many rows. A B C =============== 1 AXDD 2 AGHO 3 ASDL 4 ... -Sheet2 : an array contain list of possibilities from AAAA to AZZZ (column defined as A to Z to the right, row defined as AAA to AZZ to the bottom) A | B C D E F G H.........AA ================================== 1 | A B ...

When I try to insert a page number I can't. Get error message???
When I try to insert a page number in Word all I get is a "save selection to page number gallery." But you can't click on it. Then an error message will come up that says something about not being able to do this. This has just started happening. this is the first time I couldn't add one. I am working on a graduate paper and have to have page numbers, help!! Exit Word and then delete the Building Blocks.dotx file in your user profile. When you restart Word, a new copy of the file with factory default settings will be recreated. Note that you'll fin...

Change Number to Text , Case error when cell is String and format is General
Hi All How to check the cell is text or number ? When Cell is string, Case Excel close and recoveing. Sub FormatNum2str() '~~ 2010/02/18 Dim iRows As Long Dim iCols As Long Dim ir, ic As Long Dim iNum As Long Dim strVal As String If Application.Selection Is Nothing Then MsgBox "No Open Worksheet", vbCritical Exit Sub End If iRows = Application.Selection.Rows.Count iCols = Application.Selection.Columns.Count For ic = 1 To iCols For ir = 1 To iRows With Application.Selection.Item(ir, ic) If .NumberFormatLocal = "Gene...

select the last cell in a long list
hello i'm stuck i need some help on selecting the last cell ( 1st blank one available ) in a large list, there will be no gaps in the list at all. so far using VBA i've been able to select and sort my list using CurrentRegion, would like the curser to return to the end of the list so i can enter more data as and when required. i know i will be kicking my self as its bound to be something i'm overlooking. any help would be appreciated Regards DarkNight To select the first empty cell use Range("A1").End(xlDown).Offset(1, 0).Select More reliably if there could be b...

Text box shadows
I have put several text boxes in a Word document and some have shadows, some do not. I want to remove the shadows from all of them but when I format there are no borders/shadows set. Any suggestions for how I may remove the shadows? ...

Inserting text in a CEdit/CeditView
I've been working on this for a week, and did a scan of this NG. That pointed me to SetWindowText, but as expected that simply replaces the text in the Notepad like window with the string passed to SetWindowText. What I want to do is take a string of text I have assembled in a CDialog and insert in the current position of the main CEdit window. -- Gary G. Little Gary G. Little wrote: > I've been working on this for a week, and did a scan of this NG. That > pointed me to SetWindowText, but as expected that simply replaces the text > in the Notepad like window with the stri...

Double Clicking On Cell To Edit Data
Hello, I modify existing cells contents quite frequently. Using the mouse and double clicking seems to me to be extra work. Is there any way via the keyboard to get into a cell to edit its contents? TIA Jim Mac Millan Jim Cursor to, F2 Beege "Jim Mac Millan" <fly_boy_jim@yahoo.moc> wrote in message news:OOiJF%23cLGHA.604@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I modify existing cells contents quite frequently. Using the mouse and > double clicking seems to me to be extra work. > > Is there any way via the keyboard to get into a cell to ...

Changing Text Import Wizard Defaults
I am using Excel 2007 and would like to change the Text Import Wizard's default column data format from General to Text; that is, whenever I run the wizard and go to Step 3 of 3, I would like all columns to be pre-configured as Text instead of General. Can this be done? If yes, then how would I do it? TIA for any assistance. -- Cm~ I don't think you can do it. But if your data always has the same file name and layout, you could record a macro when you open the file and specify each field. If the fields vary (in width??), you can make make it a bit easier. Open the f...

Text Wrap from Copied Access Data
When I copy data from Access to Excel, Excel automatically wraps the text. Is there a fix for this, so when I copy the data it does not wrap the text? Thanks! ...

Too much space between the heading "Notes" and the text of the endnotes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I want the equivalent of double-spacing between the heading &quot;Notes&quot; and the beginning of the first endnote. But there is more. I have &quot;Notes&quot; single-spaced, with paragraph formatting set not to add any extra lines after it. <br><br>What do I do? No takers?? Please help! I'm afraid that I for one don't understand what you're asking... You seem to be saying you want more space without adding more space & I just don't how to respond to tha...

Filtering resource texts in dialogs and menus
Hello, is there a way to make an MFC application (dialog, SDI or MDI) filter the strings it loads from resources (dialogs, menus etc.) through a function in the application? I want to do text replacements, like replace "article number" by "part number" or similar, throughout the application without having to modify the resource file or use multiple resource DLLs (as in the common internationalization concepts). Just for illustration, I came up with the following function: void Reverse(CDialog &Dlg) { for(CWnd *wnd=Dlg.GetWindow(GW_CHILD);wnd!=NULL;wnd=wnd->GetWin...

can't send instant message
How can I send instant message through Person Names Smart Tag in outlook 2003? I've enabled Person Names Smart Tag in outlook 2003. I've opened my MSN6.1. I can see the smart tag in the email and can check if this contact is online/offline. When I click a smart tag for a contact who is online, the "Send Instant Message" selection is greyed out in the popup menu. Thanks for the help! ...