Non-VBA way of making custom menus.

Sorry for the new thread but even on Google, the thread isn't showing up.

Well, it was SOOO easy, as I knew it would be.  The webpage I quoted in my
message this morning didn't mention the "New Menu" at all!

So, here is the non-VBA way to create a custom menu:

- TOOLS > CUSTOMIZE
- under the categories available choose NEW MENU and then drag the NEW MENU
option under the Commands window up to the menu bar (like D'UH!!  <lol>
Wish all those hours spent searching yielded webpages that gave this! <g>)
- THEN one can go back to the MACROS category a few lines above the NEW MENU
one and drag the CUSTOM BUTTON to the new menu.

Thanks for an entry in this ng some time back.  I'd done google searches on
the ng before, but one doesn't always get the right hits for one's question.
I just happened to find a thread where a very kind soul mentioned the NEW
MENU and I was off and running! <lol>

Thanks and hope this saves anyone else a lot of grief.  Within 15 minutes, I
had a lovely working menu that didn't require any add-in, no VB fiddling at
all that I betcha gets saved with my gold old EXCEL.XLB which I back up
anyway.

Cheers!

0
NoJunk1 (26)

Using CRM Application Pool for Custom ASP.NET application
Hi All I am having 2 server based CRM configuration set that is CRM database is on other server, My intallation on multi server went well and CRM is working fine. I have asp.net application which also uses the same database server as CRM and it is deployed on CRM web server. I have added this ASP.NET application to the Application Pool that CRM is using so that I don't have problem in Connecting to Database server however though CRM is able to connect to the database my ASP.NET application is not getting trusted connection on sql server. What am i doing wrong here? Do I have to ...

How can I make columns that are separated by a line?
I need to make columns that are separated by a line. Is there a function on the toolbar that will do this? Insert a column between A and B Make it very narrow and draw a line from Drawing toolbar down the center of it. Or place a border down left side of cells of Column B Or post back with more detail. But no.............there is no toolbar function to separate adjacent columns. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 29 May 2009 14:17:01 -0700, AdaptableAssistant <AdaptableAssistant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to make columns that are separated by a line. Is there ...

Outlook 2002
I've been running Outlook 2002 on WinXP for over a year and customizing Outlook Today regularly all along with no problem. However, the last time I tried to change the folders in the message listing, after saving changes, I had multiple copies of the Outlook Today Folder listed and had lost all the individual folders I wanted. In addition, I no longer had the new messages indicator to the right of the folders. I reinstated the program defaults by doing a detect and repair on the help menu and now have the standard Outlook Today page with default message folders listed (including new mes...

XML Serialization Vs Breaking Domain/Business Logic Vs Custom Serialization
XML Serialization is a great feature. Recently I've found myself "leveraging" it on some of my classes and spending far too much time altering a class so that it's resultant XML message is in the correct format using XmlAttribute etc Eventually I end up with a who collection of classes with default constructors, writeable properties which should be readonly/Property Sets etc, Typically these would be wrong from an OO point of view if they were in my Domain layer. For example I might have a Person class with a readonly DateOfBirth property, but I'd have to make that w...

custom autofilter does not work
Hi there, I have Microsoft Excel 2003 version (dont know if makes a difference but i mention it). I have a list with numbers and I have Autofilter activated but when I selected Custom and then the option "begins with" or "contains" it does not bring any result. Even when I selected the hole number that I want to filter (although I want all the numbers that start with some common digits with this one). I dont know if this version has any problem with that thing. I have used the same feature in the past with previous versions and it worked just fine. If anybody has s...

Text width in custom MessageBox Class
Hey everybody, I�ve implemented my own MessageBox class in order to display custom icons. Everything works fine, the only problem I have is to determine how much space the text will need. I know about methods like DrawText(DT_CALCRECT) and so on but therefore I need a DC which I don�t have at that point, as I have to define the window rect before the window is actually created. I have also considered using the DC of the parent�s window but that seems a bit odd to me. What�s the regular way to handle this problem? Thanks for your help Sighn Try calling the GetDC() API to get a HDC...

Simple Custom Loyalty Program Managed In-House
All of the loyalty programs I have evaluated either do not fit the scheme I want to employ, have too many features (too costly), or not enough control. I have a relatively small number of customers and transactions, but I have HQ. Some of the solutions I found would work great, except they are single store only. I am giving up on the add-on idea. I want to explore the idea of a manual loyalty points system. I might need some custom developments, so listen up if you are a developer. Here is what I plan to do. Comments would be appreciated. I want to award a "credit" to custome...

Consecutive Numbering and or custom lists
I have the following formula or something similar that I want to copy/fill to following cells but increasing some of the numbers consecutively: =IIf([m1rr] And [m1dbed] And [m1vd]=-1,1,IIf([m1rr]=-1 And [m1dbed]=-1 And [m1vd]=0,2,IIf([m1rr]=-1 And [m1dbed]=0 And [m1vd]=0,3,IIf([m1rr]=0 And [m1dbed]=-1 And [m1vd]=-1,4,IIf([m1rr]=0 And [m1dbed]=-1 And [m1vd]=0,5,IIf([m1rr]=0 And [m1dbed]=0 And [m1vd]=0,6,IIf([m1rr]=-1 And [m1dbed]=0 And [m1vd]=-1,7))))))) This would seem to complex for custom fill. Is there anyway of doing this other than manually adjusting/editing the formula in each line? ...

VBA Error NEED HELP!!!
I am trying to create a "smart" database intermediary. I am trying to use the item number from the import value into a SQL Select statement as show below in my code to match up with only GP items associated with the generic item number. I am getting an error 424 (Object required) at run-time. Private Sub ItemNumber_GotFocus() Dim rst As Recordset Dim db As Database Dim strSQL As String 'Sets the RowSourceType to a Query ExportedItems.RowSourceType = "Value List" 'SQL string to query dynamically from Item Number in Access database If (Not IsNull(Me.Control...

Recreating customer's world in SBS
I have a customer that due to another provider's negligence I need to rebuild a new system for SBS 2003 R2. The old server name was profane and the customer wants it renamed. We will be deploying a new server (different hardware) and need to know if it is possible to bring the mail store and user accounts over to the new server. Example: CURRENT SERVER: EATME_SRV NEW SERVER: SRV-SBS2003 Hi John: What a Bother.... User accounts will not be applied to a new domain. You must recreate them and the computer accounts. Then disjoin the workstations fr...

When clicking on a chart, how do I make it come to the front?
Greetings all! I am working in Excel 07. I have many charts on each worksheet and I have them overlapping to minimize the amount of scrolling I have to do. In previous versions of Excel, if I clicked on a particular chart it would come to the front of all the others so that I could see the complete chart. How can I do this in 07? Greg They have changed this in 2007 over loud protests. You can shift-click on the chart and use the drawing tools for bring forward and send backward to change the chart stacking order. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom ...

how to create custom design gallery objects
I work at a church and I often have elements that will repeat throughout the year. Iin a certain issues I want to insert certain elements such as a Fall Worship Schedule, Sunday School Opportunities, Summer worship schedule etc. The information and layout stays primarily the same, however I want the capability to edit as needed- so saving everything as a graphic won't work. I grouped a graphic along with text box with text detailing opportunities, and added to gallery object, however, I cannot locate what I just added. Can someone help me figure out how to work with custom desi...

Is there a way to share PST files?
I would like to share my PST folder. Is that possible? I have a network and I would like to have my main PST on the server and then use my laptop to attach. I would like to be able to read and access my messages from either computer. Thanks Phil you can do this as long as both pcs don't try to access the .pst file at the same time. If you do it could get corrupted or you will get an error on one of the pcs saying its unaccessable or in use. "Phillips" <Phillips*NOSPAM*@RecycledReefs.com> wrote in message news:6qRCb.385250$275.1240838@attbi_s53... > I would like to ...

License removal from non existent AD account
Hi- Does anyone know of a way to remove a CRM Sales license from a user who is still listed in the CRM system, but not in AD? The associated AD user account was deleted prior to the CRM admin removing the license. Please advise if there is another way to do this besides an AD single object restore. TIA John Holleman Yes, I had this same issue happen. Here is the fix that I received from Microsoft CRM Support: You will need your CRM license key You will need to be able to log into the domain and into Microsoft CRM as a user with System Administrator privileges. 1. Exit all u...

Making Excel accessible on our server
Hi, We just got a new server at work and I'm trying to figure out how to make the excel worksheets asscessible from our server to our network users. Any ideas? Thanks -- smlyday ------------------------------------------------------------------------ smlyday's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=489205 There are two approaches: 1. Put the workbooks in shared folders on the server and allow users to download them and run Excel on there local equipment 2. Setup some k...

Excel How do i make a range of cells proper text?
I have created an excell spreadsheet from Peachtree accounting. all the customer names are all caps. i want to select the whole worksheet and use a formula to make the whole sheet "proper" which will make the first letter of each work capitlaized and the rest of the work lower case. please be specific. i am not an excell expert , just a business owner ttrying to get by. Thanks, peter Hi, Peter. Try this: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/change_the_case_of_text_in_cells_in_microsoft_excel.htm There are several ways, and you can choose which one's best depending on how ...

CDF migration error
Ready to pull the trigger to inport data from the CDF to the CRM database. When we run the command-line utility, we get the following message: "An error occurred while retrieving version information from the CDF of CRM database. Please make sure you can connect to the databases" The obvious answer is network connectivity. But what specifically do I need to look at? Folder permissions for a specific file share? SQL user permissions? DNS name resolution? Has anyone seen this error message? Thanks! ...

Faster way to reconstruct XmlDocument
Hello, I have profiled my code, and the current performance bottleneck is this routine. It gets called 7400 times to do some intensive calculations when a user uses the feature. The xmlText parameter will be used to pass in a xml document text stored in db, the text contents (about 200 of these guys total) are stored in a cached static variable. My web app must be thread-safe, so I cannot create and cache 200 XmlDocument objects because each thread will do differently to the object it uses including modifying its content. 1) Is there another implementation that runs faster than what I cur...

Customize E-mails with letterhead
Hi How can I customise out going e-mails by inserting graphics (jpg or gif) like a letter head? I am using word xp as e- mail editor. Is it possible to customize e-mails so i can specify when to include graphics on outgoing mail and when not to ? Like one template for business and one for personnal? Thanks for any help John ...

Want More Cash in a Day then most People Make in a Week? #2
If I had a system where people we're begging you to join and give you money would you be excited? Well we are ecstatic because we are about to give you this exact system. Visit my website at: http://blazebrown82.aonetimeoffer.com/BrandNewSystem.aspx ...

Internet users not able to see Outlook custom forms
I have a couple of simple custom forms that I have published to our Organisational Forms Library that we also need to send to external, non Exchange, users. Looking at previous answers it sounded quite simple: send an OFT file to the Internet users, have them publish it to their Personal Library and it all works ... except it hasn't :-( I also tried sending a version with the form definition embedded but that doesn't seem to work either. In all cases they simply receive a blank message showing only the sender, subject and our company disclaimer. Apart from the recipient fields the ...

Can I make Column Chart use percent and show value
Hi, I need to make the Stacked column chart use % but show the actual value in the count. I tried the !00% Stacked Column. But as it says, it shows the 2 values as 100% but what I want to show is one value as 100% and the other as over 100%. Then I want to show the actual value in the column (not as a percent). Ie 2 values are 50 and 25. The 50 would be the 100% and inside that column would be the value 50. The 25 would be stacked on top of the 50 and be at 150% with the value of 25 inside its column. Is this possible and if so how? Thanks in advanced for any help! Hi, Lay your dat...

After save, VBA not installed
I've been working on some VBA. After a few weeks of being bugged that Visio 2007 needs an update for speed, I relented and installed KB915865 this morning. Since then, I've twice saved my changes and upon trying to open the Visual Basic Editor, been rewarded with "This operation cannot be performed because VBA is not installed or could not be initialized. You can continue running Visio." But, if I open a different VSD, I can edit to my heart's content. Obviously, I'm going to start exporting my code more often. But, anyone have ideas or a solution to what...

Customize Menu via script
I'd like to be able to globally remove the Favorites menu from Outlook automatically for all users either via script, group policy or some other method. Outlook 2000 (Exchange 2000 clients) on Windows 2000 AD Domain thanx for any info Joe "Joe Bushee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:6d2601c525b0$0fc5cbe0$a601280a@phx.gbl: > I'd like to be able to globally remove the Favorites menu > from Outlook automatically for all users either via > script, group policy or some other method. > > Outlook 2000 (Exchange 2000 clients) on Wi...

Coloring cells using VBA in excel
I have drop downs on some cells - i have the code below that is meant to color the drop down cell once set by the user - which i does. However, I want to be able to 'reset' all my drop downs to 'blank' and clear the exisiting colorising - I have been using -Range("B4:J33").Value = ""- to clear the cells, but that triggers an error in the colorising code below - I get a runtime error 13 that points to the first Case "Dan" statement Any help on achiving my aim would be great. Thanks Code below Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal ...