Non-Automatic Link Updating in Excel 2003

I wrote a large system of about 30 Excel workbooks that are
all linked together in various ways.   I've been using this
sytem for several years under Excel 2000.  I just got Excel
3000 (XP), and to my disbelief, every time I open a
workbook, I have to digress and answer questions about the
link updating.   If I go into Edit->Links I see the usual
(with some new features) links window.  I checked the box
that says to do the updating automatically.   I selected
the option that says to always update the links and DO NOT
present me with a popup message asking me if I want to.
These two items don't seem to function.   I always get one
or two popups when I open each and every one of the
workbooks.  This NEVER happened under Excel 2000.  Anyone
else have this problem??
Sid
0
bordelon (3)