No "Sort A-Z" in autofilter in Excel (Office XP)

Hi all,

As always, thanks in advanced. Here's my deal:

I use to have "Sort A-Z" when I "autofiltered" a row of information
designated as info categories on my OS X version of Office, but it
doesn't exist in the Office XP version of Excel. You know how I get
add or properly execute this function. The usual sort button won't
work because it sorts all the rows in the column, whereas I need only
sort all the information below a certain row.

Cheers,
Jim Lee
0
jim2742 (1)

If you select just the rows you want to sort, it should work correctly.

Or are you saying that it sorts all the rows - even those which are "hidden"
when you do a filter operation? If that's the problem, copy the rows after
they are filtered, and then paste them to another sheet, where you can sort
them as you wish.
--
HTH -

-Frank
Microsoft Excel MVP
Dolphin Technology Corp.
http://vbapro.com

"Jim Lee" <jim@warped.nu> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> As always, thanks in advanced. Here's my deal:
>
> I use to have "Sort A-Z" when I "autofiltered" a row of information
> designated as info categories on my OS X version of Office, but it
> doesn't exist in the Office XP version of Excel. You know how I get
> add or properly execute this function. The usual sort button won't
> work because it sorts all the rows in the column, whereas I need only
> sort all the information below a certain row.
>
> Cheers,
> Jim Lee

0
frank8273 (76)

No "Sort A-Z" in autofilter in Excel (Office XP)
Hi all, As always, thanks in advanced. Here's my deal: I use to have "Sort A-Z" when I "autofiltered" a row of information designated as info categories on my OS X version of Office, but it doesn't exist in the Office XP version of Excel. You know how I get add or properly execute this function. The usual sort button won't work because it sorts all the rows in the column, whereas I need only sort all the information below a certain row. Cheers, Jim Lee If you select just the rows you want to sort, it should work correctly. Or are you saying that it sorts al...