No save prompt when closing workbook

Excel no longer prompts me to save when exiting/closing even when I make
changes.  This just started happening yesterday.  It always prompted me
before.

Print Setup
We are using Windows 2003 Server and Terminal Servers for our client logins. Some users need to be prompted to choose multiple copies when they print Sales Invoices from SOP. We are on V10 of GP and in the past they were prompted for the "Number of Copies" after selecting the Printer option on Sales Invoices. This no longer exists. As far as I understand it that GP leverages the local settings on the client machine for print settings. Since we are using Terminal Servers this makes it more difficult. I spent 4 hours looking and manipulating the settings on the Term...

Outlook prompt to grant access for 1min/5min etc
When I try to sync my Outlook with my Palm Vx, I receive a prompt asking me to grant access to an application trying to access outlook. How do i de-activate this, or allow outlook to accept palm sync as safe? Theo Get an update from Palm to fix this issue. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: WindyCity <windycity@att.net> asked: | When I try to sync my Outlook with my Palm Vx, I receive a prompt | asking me to grant access to an application trying to access outlook....

VBA to open a PDF, print, then close
Hi all, I have the following code that opens a PDF and prints (as well as a cuople of excel files). That part works perfectly, but how would I go about closing the PDF after it prints? Sub RunLoop() Dim Folder As String Dim FName As String Dim bk As Workbook Dim strPath As String strPath = ThisWorkbook.Path With Application.FileSearch .SearchSubFolders = True .LookIn = strPath .FileType = msoFileTypeAllFiles If .Execute() > 0 Then For i = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count If .FoundFiles(i) Like "*File 1*.xls&quo...

Saving custom colors
Is there any way to save the colors which are selected from the 'more colors' prism for both Font and Highlight. I have to keep re-selecting my colors each time I open Excel. I see a Custom tab and drop down boxes on that tab that but I dont see a save button. Thanks ...

I can't copy, paste or save
I cannot copy, paste or save in any document I am working on. In some files I can right click and copy and paste but not on the toolbar, but in most files I cannot do any of these functions at all. The only way I can save is to exit the file and say yes to the save prompt. Any input would be appreciated, thank you. I think I'd try this: Use windows|find to find *.xlb (search in hidden folders for hidden files, too). Rename it/them to *.xlbOLD. Restart excel and try it out. If it worked, then delete those *.xlbOLD files. if it didn't work, then rename them to *.xlb. *.xlb is wh...

Worksheets in a workbook
A collegue has 30+ worksheets in an Excel 2000 workbook and has problems saving the workbook. is the fact there are so many large sheets a contributing factor to not being able to save??? We have recently upgraded his workstation to a brand new PC and the problem is still there TIA On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 08:43:37 +0000 (UTC), Pete Burton <nospammail@work.please> wrote: >A collegue has 30+ worksheets in an Excel 2000 workbook and has >problems saving the workbook. is the fact there are so many large >sheets a contributing factor to not being able to save??? We have >recently u...

Can't save attachments #2
I have Outlook 2000 and when I try to save attachments Outlook crashes. I can right click and open them no problem it just wont let me save them whether they are jpg's or Word docs. Anyone any ideas? Thanks Tony Tony Williams <tw@invalid.com> wrote: > I have Outlook 2000 and when I try to save attachments Outlook > crashes. At what point does the "crash" occur and what exactly are the "crash" symptoms? When you right-click and open, can you then use File>Save As? -- Brian Tillman Thanks for the reply Brian, sorry took so long to get back to ...

"Your changes could not be saved to..."
Hi, "Your changes could not be saved to XXX, but were saved to a temporary document called YYY..." This is happening loads... we're running a W2K Server (SP2) and XP clients, saving documents to a shared drive. Permissions are all perfect, no virus scanner running on client... Any ideas? (Can't find KB document 214032 that talks about this... has it been removed?) Virus Scanner on the server? Any problems when you save to HD? "Weasel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b4d801c4891a$1ed83f60$a501280a@phx.gbl... : Hi, : :...

Problem Printing A Workbook
I have a problem printing a four worksheet workbook when I print double sided. I have tried three different printers with the same result. The print preview looks good and shows all (and only) four pages. When I go to print, the first and last pages are single sided and the 2nd & 3rd are on one double-sided sheet. The worksheets were reordered if that helps; ut again print preview looks good with 4 sheets in the right order. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForu...

Closing down Excel work books #2
I have made an excel spreadsheet that takes its information from a access data base the information automatically updates each time exce opens, I do not want to save the information. I would like it to clos down wthout the popup -- peterspindrif ----------------------------------------------------------------------- peterspindrift's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1474 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26362 ...

Change PO Status of Released, Change Order & New to Closed or Canc
Need a non-manual method to change a Purchase Order Released, Change Order or New status to closed or Cancelled. We are currently on Version 9.0 Is there a way to do a mass update using a date criteria? I am trying to do the Remove Completed Purchase Orders process but this only pulls PO's that have Closed or Cancelled status. It does not pull any PO's that have Released, Change order or New status. Thank you Sameena Khalfan PromoWorks "Julie B" wrote: > Need a non-manual method to change a Purchase Order Released, Change Order or > New status to closed or Ca...

cannot save a change to a file
Each time I add or change an esisting file in word 2003 I recieve a message asking me to send an error report but no change to the file is made. ...

Outlook not allowing jpg file to be saved or opened
How do I overcome the error "cannot save URL to file" when trying to save a jpg attachment? Try clearing your IE cache - John wrote: > How do I overcome the error "cannot save URL to file" > when trying to save a jpg attachment? ...

Run Time Error on trying to save workbook
This code worked perfect when it was in the User Form Code Window, but I moved it to a module and I get a Run Time Error "424' Object Required Code in the User Form Window -------------------------------------------------- '******************************************************* 'Save Installer Forms 11 Control Button 'Located in M3_Save_Workbook '******************************************************* Private Sub Save_Installer_Forms_11_Click() Call Save_Installer_Forms End Sub Code Located in the module: Declarations -----------...

Close buttom in a report
If I in the preview mode of a report want to have a command buttom for closing the report - how do I do ?? Can anyone help me ?? Thank you in advance Leif , That's not possible. Reports have no user initiated events. Place a button on a report and look at the Events properties... there are none. Besides, I believe that the Access default PrintPreview MenuBar already have a button for CLOSE. Or... it could easily be added to that MenuBar using the MenuBar 'Customize" function. -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/...

Word Keeps asking me to save documents when closing
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) I sometimes open a word document and make no changes and close the document, but it still asks me if I want to save the changes. Now this is confusing since I made no changes. Would appreciate some help. That suggests that the file contains fields or links that are updating when the file is opened. One common example is when the Date has been inserted to Update Automatically rather than as a static date. There are a number of other possibilities as well but if the changes aren't problematic there's no need for concern. If t...

saving outlook e-mail to server
Within our company, we have had several people automaticly save a backup of the last 5 days of their e-mail on our server with outlook. The only catch is that outlook later thinks that it hasn't recieved those e-mails and downloads the e-mails again all at once thus having 2 of every e- mail. Any thoughts? - thanks - ...

saving publisher files as JPEGs
I need to create and save pages for my school yearbook in JPEG format. I was told that I can create & save documents in JPEG format in Publisher. How? When I click on the dropdown menu I see lots of options but nothing that indicates JPEG format. Help! Would you be interested in a little program that will create a jpg picture of part or all of your desktop? You could creat a Publisher file, display it on your desktop, create any of the following formats. bmp, jpg, gif, png, tif. If interested you are invited to "The Wine Cellar" at: www.iinet.com/~donato/ You will fi...

be able to save my publisher files in a higher resolution
I do art work for my business using publisher and I save it as JPG to send to the magazine company but they say its not high enough, the resolution...they need 350 or higher and mine are being received as 100 or less.....what do i do to change this? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agr...

Excel 2008 Saving Cell types in XLS format
I am in a spreadsheet and I set an entire column as a date type (right click the top, format cells and I choose one of the date formats). I save it as an xls - Excel 2003 file and when I go back in, that column is set at a currency. I have to save it as an xls and not an xlsX file because I am working with people using other office suites - including *gasp* non Microsoft programs. How can I keep those cells from changing? this happens in Windows and Mac. What is your specific update level of Office 2008? If not 12.2.1 it might explain why the formatting doesn't hold. If you're ful...

Macro help to shorten "Save As" for emails
In a perfect world I would be able to create a macro that looks at an email (like a rule does) and "Save As" to a file folder on our server (not an exchange folder). I've done a search in this newsgroup to no avail. One person asked but they were using Express. I have Outlook 2003. Any suggestions, code you can share or links you can recommend? Thanks to all. scrowley@littleonline.com At its most basic, a VBA procedure you could run as a rule action in Outlook 2002 or 2003 to save the message as an .msg file could be: Public Sub SaveAsSomething(MyMail as MailItem) ...

saving excel as webpage so that hyperlinks load into different window
how can I save my spreadsheet as an html file *so that hyperlinks ope in a new window?* I've already tried tweaking the html file myself, but I was wonderin if there was more efficient solution. Stuff tried: -tweaking html (setting base target in html does n/work with the codin that excel puts out, maybe syntax? setting target="_blank" for ea. lin works but is too laborious) -working setting base target in exce -- rsa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rsai's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1542 ...

Not able to save image using CWebBrowser2::ExecWB
Hi all, I am using CWebBrowser to embedd a brouser in my MFC code. I am Embedding and displaying pic files and other documents on this page. But when i go for using CWebBrowser2::ExecWB with ExecWB(OLECMDID_SAVE, OLECMDEXECOPT_DODEFAULT, NULL, NULL); Its not saving the image file. But it works fine with other document. The image file gets corrupted with this. But saveas works. The image file contains the following after that <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=w...

File SAVE AS ... use cell value as pasrt of name
It is possible to setup a macro to automatically save (SAVE AS) a workbook and use the value in a specific cell as part of the new file name. You could record a macro when you do a file|saveas and modify it slightly. I got this when I recorded one: ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\My Documents\excel\book2.xls", _ FileFormat:=xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _ ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False If I wanted to use Sheet1, A1 as the holder for the value: ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs _ Filename:="C:\My Do...

Change closing amounts after Z
Probably a stupid question, but one of my cashiers closed the register without entering closing amounts and now our Z report reads that we were short. Does anyone know of any way to go back and change those totals, after a Z has been done? -- Jen Jen: Not a stupid question. if it was, there would be a lot of stupid people asking that same question. To answer your question in short - it's not easy. You have to get into the guts of the database and make changes via SQL. These changes need to be made in several places. Unless you are very comfortable with database administration, I ...