No password protect workbook box in Tools>Options>General

As is the case with much of this limited CD that was installed, some
important features are missing. I want to password protect any given
workbook. When I went to help (since the Tools>Protection didn't work) it
told me to go to Tools>Options>General, and click on the box that said to
password protect the workbook. As usual, this version has nothing of the sort
on the General tab under Options. Now what?
0
MS1 (44)

Why don't you get a full version if you expect full version capability? I'm
at a loss...
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"MS" <MS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> As is the case with much of this limited CD that was installed, some
> important features are missing. I want to password protect any given
> workbook. When I went to help (since the Tools>Protection didn't work) it
> told me to go to Tools>Options>General, and click on the box that said to
> password protect the workbook. As usual, this version has nothing of the
sort
> on the General tab under Options. Now what?

0
ng1 (1444)
7/16/2005 4:42:41 AM
Hi!

This option is well hidden!

Goto File>Save As

In the dialog that opens.....way over on the right side near the top you'll
see a little tiny word: Tools. Click that, then select General Options from
the list.

Biff

"MS" <MS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> As is the case with much of this limited CD that was installed, some
> important features are missing. I want to password protect any given
> workbook. When I went to help (since the Tools>Protection didn't work) it
> told me to go to Tools>Options>General, and click on the box that said to
> password protect the workbook. As usual, this version has nothing of the
> sort
> on the General tab under Options. Now what?

0
biffinpitt (3172)

Password and restore problem
I've gathered a lot of information regarding this and see that the only solution might be an upgrade. Here is my situation. I had to do a clean reboot of my computer and backed up my files on a CD. I reloaded Money 2002 Standard (legal, original CD) from the same CD that my backups were made. When I restore the backups, I keep getting the password box and none that I have ever used, including my existing Passport password is accepted. I did click on updates for my 2002 version hoping that was the key. It did not help. For an experiment, I downloaded the trial version of 2004 and th...

How to align text for combo box
Hi, All: I am using .NET 2005 MFC. I can program to add a list of strings to my combo box. But I would like to align text in the center. I don't find a way in property window. Which function I should use to align text for combo box programmbly. Thank you awu10 "awu" <awu10@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1156603596.977155.10840@74g2000cwt.googlegroups.com... > Hi, All: > I am using .NET 2005 MFC. I can program to add a list of strings to my > combo box. But I would like to align text in the center. I don't find > a way in property window. >...

How do I get rid of this black box in my Excel charts?
I keep getting this crazy black box on my Excel charts. Distorts the chart, then jumps from one to another. Cannot get rid of it and it's driving me crazy! Help! On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 17:10:11 +0000, Margi wrote (in article <D1D4C9A9-1A0F-46E3-8816-FFDD5F6F9757@microsoft.com>): > I keep getting this crazy black box on my Excel charts. Distorts the chart, > then jumps from one to another. Cannot get rid of it and it's driving me > crazy! Help! Why in Hades do we get Excel posts in here?! Outlook posts I can sort of understand, being that O comes directly before...

OutLook Newsgroups A virus choking the life out of my e-mail boxes.
When I first opened outlook I was asked if I would like to see the Microsoft Newsgroup . I so clicked yes and I instantly became subscribed to all 2400 odd groups. After a few days I noticed I was getting quite a few letters . I tried eliminating them and unsubscribing and stuff like that . I gave up after awhile . Now much later I get messages from my server that my box is full .. After a long search I finally come to realize my problem is coming all the thousands of messages in the newsgroup in my older Mac machine. Once again I tried deleting these messages ..... but I can't get...

Become crorepati in a less than year time by trading into indianstock mkt option
if u want to know more that how u can becomes a crorepati in a less than year time by trading into indianstock mkt options, u must join sms gupshup free group fully free by sending an sms from your mobile as JOIN OPTIONMASTER AND SEND IT TO 567673434. past six months performance can be viewed by joining yahoo group at URL-http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/optionscripttrading/ and last two months performance can be viewed by seeing optionmaster gupshup group online only after joining first .so it is easy only if u has got such great guide to gives u right call at right time. in past six mon...

lost password #2
Hi I have forgotten a password of the worksheet I protected. Now after long time when I tried to unprotect it I just could not unprotect it. Could someone help me please overcome this problem. Please. Thank you Gina http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html Regards, Peo Sjoblom "GINA" wrote: > Hi > > I have forgotten a password of the worksheet I protected. Now after long > time when I tried to unprotect it I just could not unprotect it. Could > someone help me please overcome this problem. Please. > > Thank you > Gina > > &g...

Someone has checked remember password
Someone has checked remember password and it automatically logons on as them. How can I uncheck that box, because the logon pop-up doesnt come up anymore? "jess" <jpaire@netadyne.com> wrote in news:1145627295.527900.44150 @e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com: > Someone has checked remember password and it automatically logons on as > them. How can I uncheck that box, because the logon pop-up doesnt come > up anymore? Change their password? Regards, -- R. Arlo Clizer FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com On 21 Apr 2006 06:48:15 -0700, "...

Opening "Save As" Dialog Box Corrupts Headers/Footers
Why do my headers/footers change/get erased when I open Save As diaolog box in Microsoft Word 2007 on Windows computer? Here's what I am doing: 1. I open a word 2007 document and then I do a Save As to save the file under a different name. 2. I can see my document in the background while the dialog box is open and I noticed that the header text I had got replaced with a single word and my footer page count vanished. 3. If I complete the Save As, the new document has the modified header/footer text This does not make sense...what am I doing wrong?? Bob What fields d...

Changing default margins in text box
I would like to change the default margins in a text box. Help says to change them and then to click the box that says to change default, but that box does not check. Does anyone know how to change the margin defaults for text boxes? What version of Publisher are you using??? -- Hi Deacon Ken (deacken@airmail.net), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I would like to change the default margins in a text box. || Help says to change them and then to click the box that || says to change default, but that box does not check. Does || anyone know how to change the margin defaults f...

"Do not allow Attachments" box is greyed out
Just finished installing W2K SP4, IE6 SP1 and all the latest patches from MS. I am using Outlook Express but I cannot open or Save Attachments. Under Options/Security the box labeled "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" is greyed out, therefore I cannot change the value. Tried MS web site, but I cannot find any fix. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q291387 Also note: This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite diffe...

Option Button #2
I have been asked to do a form in Excel and one portion of the form requires a simple Yes or No answer. The best way of doing this I thought was giving the person who will be completing the form an option button to select either Yes or No. (There are approx 6 questions requiring only Yes or No answers) I am not an expert in Excel at all and need some advise here... How do I put in the option button in for each question to be only yes or no and how can I assign a value of 1 to the Yes answers that will pull through to a summary sheet refelcting the answers given? Thanks Pieter Set t...

Outlook 2002 password sec & encrypt
I need to password and encrypt my Outlook so only I can access it and so no one can copy the .pst file, take it home and try to open it. It has all my ID info/ credit cards etc etc. Pleez help...Thank you (mailto: atouchofsteel@aol.com) Right click Outlook Today, select Properties, then Advanced. Set your password from there and don't forget it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no a...

the "lookup" option disapeared in the shortcut menu
have word 2007 - the shortcut ment - right click on a word - had a "lookup" option. this was replaced by "translate". Don't use translate, use lookup. I know I can alt- click - what I want is the menu to have lookup resored. See: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Word2007_SC_Menu_Programatically.htm -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "menninger" <menninger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0508AE2-C...

linking data with other workbooks
Hello, I have a spreadsheet (FrontEnd.xls) whos cell gets data from another spreadsheet using (='C:\junk\[BackEnd.xls]Sheet1'!C3). I then close both spreadsheets and open BackEnd.xls and insert a column causing the BackEnd data to now be C4. Now when I open the FrontEnd.xls I am asked if I want to update the links. After choosing "Yes", the cell is still pointing to "'C:\junk\[BackEnd.xls]Sheet1'!C3" rather then to C4. Is there a way to have the FrontEnd.xls spreadsheet update cell references that have shifted because of insertions or deletion of...

Outlook not accepting my password
Have Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000. Outlook was working fine then this morning when I tried to retrieve my mail, it asked me for my ID and password. When I typed them in, it again and again asks me for my ID and password as if not accepting it. Nothing has changed in my POP3 account. What gives? ...

Scheduling Workbook
Kind of an awkward situation really. My boss has asked me to set up a worksheet that allows him to "color in" the cells corresponding to the shifts that workers request/will work. I did so by giving him a legend to copy from that has text in each item that matches its designated color. In any case, what I'm hoping to accomplish, is to some how translate these 'x' cells into an actual read out of the time that they will work. In other words, if someone works 12 am - 8 am, he would use place the "color" in those 8 cells, essentially giving just those 8 cells a...

2003 -RPC over HTTP option not available on Outlook 2003 client
I have the full office system 2003 install, however in the connections setting on profile, I do not have the option displayed to connect to exchange over http. Thoughts? Seb 1) you need exchange 2003 in the profile 2) you need the hotfix for winxp. it will not work on win2k http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=331320 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google....

can I make pulldown text boxes in excel sheets
I want to make pulldown text boxes in excel as I do in access Can it be done? hi, that is a combo box. it's in the toolbox. tools>customize>toolbar tab>control toolbox put all of your option that will be in the combo box in a vertical 1 column range off out of the way. say IS1:IS10 right click the combo box. click properties. Set the ListFillRange to your options in this example it would be IS1:IS10 Set the ListRows to 10(for this example. i don't know how may options you are going to have.) click exit design on the control tool box and you are done. >-----Original ...

Limitations for Excel, general and specifics.
I am looking for limitations in Excel (in general) as well as specifics (pivot reporting). I found this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/RSCREATE/htm/rcr_creating_dc_v1_13du.asp It's helpful in the general sense but it doesn't give me info on other [specific] limitations. For example, a specific I want to know about pivot reporting is the maximum number of characters a pivot field can contain -- I'm guessing it's 255 for a text field (bonus question: Is there a work-around for the limitation?). Additional info would be great. Any good re...

Worksheet protection #2
I have a protected worksheet (not the whole workbook) that I need to unprotect, but I don't have the password. Please help http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html http://www.elkraft.ntnu.no/~huse/xlpassword.htm -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Jackie <mirosj@mottchc.org> wrote in message news:039601c37e12$d25d0b10$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a protected worksheet (not the whole workbook) that > I need to unprotect, but I don't have the password. > Please help ...

How to restrict user access to Tools | e-mail account function?
Hi; Is there any way to disallow end user open the Tools | E-mail account function in Outlook 2003? I do not want user to change any settings there? Thanks! You can do this through Group policy. Jim "Kane" <kane@thew3solution.com> wrote in message news:eyQda8vOFHA.3000@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi; > > Is there any way to disallow end user open the Tools | E-mail account > function in Outlook 2003? I do not want user to change any settings there? > > Thanks! > > ...

Unwanted Workbook Opening
When I open a particular workbook and make changes, I sometimes notic that another, unrelated workbook is open. When I just open the desired workbook and check before doing anything I find that the unrelated one is not (yet) present. I'm not using an autoopen macro, and there are no references in th desired workbook to the unrelated one. I've not been able to determine what actions (if any) trigger th unwanted opening, partly because the phenomenon appearst o b intermittent and I forget about it until it occurs again. I'm using Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP-1 and the operating...

Filter based on unbound text box with default value
I'm using the fOSUserName module to give an unbound text box a default value of the user's network User Name. I'm trying to filter a form using this text box value (Text24), as this value corresponds to a bound field (Anumber) in the form's driving query. I cannot seem to get it to all come together. I used the below code, but, when run, it throws up a dialog box which has the unbound text box's value in it. If I enter that value in the dialog box, the form filters as I want it too. Hope that makes sense....thanks for any help. Dim strFilter As String strFilter = &...

dialog box to activate address book for email is grayed out and n.
I cannot use any of the boxes in the contacts properties dialog box. How do I get access? I want to use the address book with emails. This is Outlook 2007 State the steps you used to corrupt your profile. I would have to guess you migrated data to this profile incorrectly. -- Russ Valentine "EchoAlpha" <EchoAlpha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7C898B3-CBD5-4DE8-BE7E-3E758BE18DA0@microsoft.com... >I cannot use any of the boxes in the contacts properties dialog box. How >do > I get access? I want to use the address book with email...

hide label\combo box depending on option group selection
I have an option group with 2 radio buttons for running reports. I have a label and combobox that I want to toggle the visibility based upon which radio button is selected. I can't figure out the best way to do it. Any suggestions? TIA Matt Matt First, consider your users. Folks tend to get nervous when things disappear/re-appear. Another approach might be to enable/disable controls, depending on what else is being done. So, radio buttons are part of a group. You can add code behind that group control that checks for which radio button (i.e., option) was s...