No password protect workbook box in Tools>Options>General

As is the case with much of this limited CD that was installed, some
important features are missing. I want to password protect any given
workbook. When I went to help (since the Tools>Protection didn't work) it
told me to go to Tools>Options>General, and click on the box that said to
password protect the workbook. As usual, this version has nothing of the sort
on the General tab under Options. Now what?
0
MS1 (44)

Why don't you get a full version if you expect full version capability? I'm
at a loss...
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"MS" <MS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> As is the case with much of this limited CD that was installed, some
> important features are missing. I want to password protect any given
> workbook. When I went to help (since the Tools>Protection didn't work) it
> told me to go to Tools>Options>General, and click on the box that said to
> password protect the workbook. As usual, this version has nothing of the
sort
> on the General tab under Options. Now what?

0
ng1 (1444)
7/16/2005 4:42:41 AM
Hi!

This option is well hidden!

Goto File>Save As

In the dialog that opens.....way over on the right side near the top you'll
see a little tiny word: Tools. Click that, then select General Options from
the list.

Biff

"MS" <MS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> As is the case with much of this limited CD that was installed, some
> important features are missing. I want to password protect any given
> workbook. When I went to help (since the Tools>Protection didn't work) it
> told me to go to Tools>Options>General, and click on the box that said to
> password protect the workbook. As usual, this version has nothing of the
> sort
> on the General tab under Options. Now what?

0
biffinpitt (3172)

Formatting Text Boxes in UserForms
When designing text boxes for data entry, can the text box controls on the UserForm be assigned number formatting properties? For example, how would I arrange for data in TextBox1 to be in % with one decimal point, preferrably with a trailing % sign? You can format the value that goes in the textbox the way you want. Maybe something like: Option Explicit Private Sub TextBox1_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean) If IsNumeric(Me.TextBox1.Value) Then Me.TextBox1.Value = Format(Me.TextBox1.Value / 100, "#0.0%") End If End Sub KG wrote: > > When des...

VB Passwords
I have created several excel workbooks which contain various macros and vb code that requires worksheets and/or workbooks to be unlocked - these all work ok - the problem is now i want to combine all the different workbooks and therefore i need to change the some of the passwords. how do i do this? Go into the VBIDE (Alt-F11), and from there menu option Tools>Properties and navigate to the Protection tab. -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) <booth942@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1180965339.758534.70820@n4g2000hsb.g...

How to Set SA password after install is done?
Hi All, I just did a new install and the DYNSA password is not working for the SA password. Infact the SA password is blank. How do I go and set the SA password to be the same as the DYNSA? GP 10 SQL 2005 -- TC The passwords for both are maintained via SQL Server Management Studio. -- Charles Allen, MVP "TC" wrote: > Hi All, > > I just did a new install and the DYNSA password is not working for the SA > password. Infact the SA password is blank. How do I go and set the SA > password to be the same as the DYNSA? > > GP 10 SQL 2005 > -- >...

System Password Screen
Hi all, I have added a form to the Tools menu,I want system Password asking form to open before opening the custom window and if the user enters the right password the window should be opened and else not. Please advice me how to acheive that. Regards Vishy. You don't mention what tool you're using, so I'll assume it's a Dexterity-based integration. Look in the index of the GP Integration Guide (IG.pdf) for "system password". You'll find a section that describes how to prompt for the system password before an action is performed. Basically,...

Publish Form as option not available.Help Please
I'm using Outlook 2003 SP3 and trying to publish files to the Organizational Forms Library - When i click on Tools - Options - Forms , the only options i have are Choose Form or Design Form - The instructions i have been given state i must choose Publish Form As - but i have not got this option Can anyone assist me with this What form are you trying to publish? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, ke...

Forgotten Password
I have Pass-worded an excel file but forgotten the password. Is there a back door to open the file or change the password without knowing the original password. alan@llantwit1.demon.co.uk Alan There are lots of password crackers for XL, some free. Search www.google.co.uk for detail -- HTH Nick Hodge Southampton, England nick_hodge@btinternet.com "Alan C Ward" <alan@llantwit1.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:UtASlqBL$ti$Ewk6@llantwit1.demon.co.uk... > I have Pass-worded an excel file but forgotten the password. > Is there a back door to open the file or change t...

Masking
I am using the following code, I would like the password typed to be masked is it possible? Private Sub Command15_Click() Dim stPassword As String stPassword = InputBox("Enter Your Password") If stPassword = "areaa" Then Me.Visible = True DoCmd.OpenForm "MICC-HQ_Frm", acNormal Me.Visible = True Else MsgBox "You Entered the wrong password" End If End Sub Thanks, Take a look at the input mask property. I believe there's a "Password" mask. -- Regards Jeff Boyce Microsof...

Dropdown boxes
Can I build the contents of a dropdown box from the contents of a column on another worksheet? One way is to use data validation. There are some instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Paul Goodfellow wrote: > Can I build the contents of a dropdown box from the contents of a column on > another worksheet? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Excel Trace Dependents tool
When using the Trace Dependents or Precedents from the Formula Auditing toolbar if the reference is on another sheet Excel shows a little sheet icon. Is there any way to find out which sheet it is referring to? TIA Peter To err is human but it takes a computer to really mess things up I've just noticed the post "Find Independent Workbooks" on 15/02/04 - I guess this answers my question sort of. i.e there is no easy solution. Peter To err is human but it takes a computer to really mess things up "Peter" <peter.vincentNO@SPblueyonder.co.AMuk> wrote in mess...

Shape.OnAction stops working after workbook closed and re-opened
I have created a set of icons which are made up of 3-4 individual shape objects grouped together. One of those objects needs to respond to a mouse click which I achieve using the OnAction setting, ie. shp.GroupItems(shp.Name).OnAction = "ShapeClick" where the shape and the group have the same name. Connector lines are used to join the icons up into a network. Unfortunately in XL2007 when connecting a line to the object the click event fires so to avoid this I first set OnAction to "" and then set it back to my macro after connections are made. Initially this w...

Some general questions on C++ .Net, and Form Design in Particular
I am basically a hobbyist programmer, at the moment doing a little work experimenting with some AI stuff. I learned C++, and then tried to teach myself MFC using MS Visual C++ 6.0. I swore off of MFC, which was a nightmare, and have been playing with Borlands C++ Builder. In C++ Builder, creating forms and other GUI elements is much simpler than MFC, very similar to Visual Basic. In the store yesterday, I was looking at the C++ .Net package. On the back, it still mentioned MFC (boo!), but it also claimed that the .Net environment has a user-friendly forms builder. My question: How frien...

multiple cascading combo boxes* not the usual.
Hello, I am having a problem with multiple cascading combo boxes... yet this isn't the usual situation thoroughly covered by many posts. I wasn't able to find this elsewhere. What I have is a category combo box than changes the products combo box- this part is working fine. However what I want is a category combo box that when updated, updates the three product combo boxes below. What I am aiming at getting is to have the user select a major category and up to three products within that category which will be stored into a table. Is this the best option or is there a way to use a ...

advanced filter information into a combo box for selection
I have extracted information using a macro with worksheet_change If Target.Address = "$b$25" Then 'calculate criteria cell in case calculation mode is manual wsData.range("t2").Calculate wsData.range("PartsDatabase") _ .AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, _ CriteriaRange:=wsData.range("t1:t2"), _ CopyToRange:=range("C25:G25"), Unique:=False End If I want that information to be part of a combo/list box so that the customer can choose it as part of their order based on criteria they are searching for. I know there is a wa...

Investment passwords
We have 5 different TD Waterhouse accounts that we have been updating automatically for several years now. I have now using Money 2006 Standard and have been having problems maintaining the passwords. I rewrite them in over and over again in a couple of different ways and I cannot make the program save them. Because the program won't save them, the updates are not happening. Does anyone have an idea for me to try? In microsoft.public.money, "Diane M" <Diane M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have 5 different TD Waterhouse accounts that we have been updat...

unlock sheet or workbook
I try to see the formulas behind a cell.Since the sheet or workbook is protected I couldnt see it.This is the old file and I forgot the unprotect password.How can I unlock ??Thank you. Search for Excel Password in Google! John North Yorkshire UK "Onur Ekinci" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2b4f01c4a797$95cf5630$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I try to see the formulas behind a cell.Since the sheet or > workbook is protected I couldnt see it.This is the old > file and I forgot the unprotect password.How can I > unlock ??Thank you. ...

Insert / remove a row from protected sheet excel 2003
Hi, I have my worksheet protected. I set the frist 5 rows all cells to Locked. The rest of the cells are Unlocked. When applying protection I ticked the boxes saying allow insert of row and allow delete rows. Yet when the protection is applied the icons / menu options for inserting / deleting rows are grayed out. What am I doing wrong? Thanks! Michiel. ...

Conditional Formatting with 3 Criteria Options
I would like a Cell's Text to turn green if A1=B1, but turn red if A1<>B1, and no formatting if B1 is blank. What is the best way to go about this? I have excel2007. With that cell active, use Home/Conditional Formatting, use new Rule, use Use a formula to determine which cells to format and enter this formula: =AND(A1<>B1,B1<>"") then click format/fill/red then do another New Rule and use =AND(A1=B1,B1<>"") then click format/fill/green. HTH Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Nickle" <Nickle@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

[MDI] have a few doc type created while user press file new option?
Hello I'm new to MFC. I'm writing a MDI program which will plot a few graphs. So I use AddDocTemplate() to make a doc type for each graph that i need to plot. But the problem is when a user press file new, a dialog box come up and ask which type of doc they want instead of creating new child windows for all the type. How can i make it create all doc type windows instaed of asking which one the user want Thanks : Like, if i have 2 doc type for 2 graph. Cgraph1Doc and Cgraph1View for graph 1. And Cgraph2Doc and Cgraph2View for graph2. When the user press file new, the program ask wh...

Linking Workbooks 02-11-10
I have a new problem that's come up after upgrading to Office 2007. I am linking my reporting workbook to the daily workbook that is updated by someone else. The cells I am linking to are merged cells. When I insert the link I get... ='[0203 Company 2.xls]Day'!$J$5:$J$6 which results in a #VALUE error unless I remove the last part of the formula (:$J$6). Any ideas on how to get around this? It's taking me twice as long to set up my links now. THANKS!!!! You cannot link to a range in that manner, only a single cell link is legal. =J5:J6 will always...

How do I resize the boxes in a graph legend in Excel?
I am trying to change the size and shape of the boxes in a legend. By default, they are small squares but I have seen graphs where they are rectangular which makes it easier to identify the colour. Hi, I can only alter the size of the legend entry marker by increasing the size of the legend font. This however will only make the square larger not rectangular. A quick test would indicate the changing the size of the marker in line or xyscatter has a slight effect on the marker size. Is it possible that the legend was created manually in the charts you have seen? Cheers Andy DiscoApp...

Combo box with integer ID behind each option
How do I set up an MFC combo box so that there is an integer value related to each potential option? e.g. I will be populating the combo based on the contents of a database table. I want it so that when the user selects an option in the combo, it returns the integer value of the primary key of the source row (rather than the text). Hi, I don't know how your database is related to the combobox; maybe there is no direct relation... Anyway, it sounds you want to associate an integer value to each string (or item) in the combobox. So, you can use the following methods: CComboBox::S...

Alerts disabled in DoEvents loop
When running a macro that includes a loop with DoEvents alert messages are not shown to the user. In my case locked cells of protected Worksheets do not allow data entry but do not alert the user as to why. Even more problematic the content of these protected cells are delete when the delete key is pressed! This does not occur if the macro is not running. Instead an alert dialog is displayed and the action is cancelled. The problem can be reproduced with the following steps: 1. Create a Workbook and set all cells in a Worksheet to locked 2. Enter values into some of the cells 3. Prot...

Put Password on Folder in Win 7
I have Win 7 (64 bit) and want to hide a folder and password protect it. I knew how to do this in XP. I have created a compressed folder (and put the stuff in it I want to password protect. The next step was to double click it and then click Fille/Password Protect. However, when I click File, I do not see the option to password protect. All I see is "Extract All" and "Close". Can someone tell me how to do this in Win 7? Thank you in advance. Bob On Feb 26, 9:18=A0pm, "Bob S" <B...@nospam.com> wrote: > I have Win 7 (64 bit) and...

Frozen Text Boxes
I accidently dragged a text box from Spreadsheet A to Spreadsheet B. Now the text box on Spreadsheet B is not accessible. I cannot click on it, highlight it, or do anything to get the handles to turn on so I can delete it. It is just sitting there across 5 rows. I can type text in the box but that is all. What did I do and how do I delete it? Thanks, Greg Dear Greg Go to the <View> menu and select <Toolbars>. Select the <Control> toolbar. At the top of the toolbar you will hopefully have the design icon (Blue set square) depressed. Click on it to raise it (swi...

Help linking workbooks
I have 5 direct reports who have 5 of their own. I created a spreadsheet to give to the 30 indirect reports and now I want to be able to gather the data for each of my direct reports. I know I can have my direct report's spreadsheet link to their reports but I don't want to create the templete 5 times and then redo it every time a direct or indirect report changes or one is added. Is there a way to link spreadsheets but instead of giving a definate workbook name have it reference a cell within that workbook which would tell it the name of the workbook to reference? IE. We a...