No filter buttons

Hi,
   I'm using Excel 2000.  Recent problem. When I try to
apply a filter to any table of data, the table header
doesn't show the arrow buttons as part of each header
cell.  There is no error message and when I go back to the
Data-Filter menu, the option is selected as normal.
Probably something simple but I can't find it.  I've
rebooted and made simple tables to troubleshoot the
problem, but so far nothing.

Thanks much.

Reney

0
anonymous (74722)

Sometimes those pesky arrows will reappear if you minimize excel's window, then
resize it.

Sometimes if you minimize the worksheet's window and resize it.

Sometimes closing and reopening.

Sometimes removing the filter and reapplying.

I've even deleted that header row and added it back (I _think_ that sometimes
worked.)

Not much help, huh?

--

Dave Peterson
0

Possible you have Tools>Options>View>Objects "Hide All" checked.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 14:44:08 -0800, "Reney Langlois"

>Hi,
>   I'm using Excel 2000.  Recent problem. When I try to
>apply a filter to any table of data, the table header
>doesn't show the arrow buttons as part of each header
>cell.  There is no error message and when I go back to the
>Data-Filter menu, the option is selected as normal.
>Probably something simple but I can't find it.  I've
>rebooted and made simple tables to troubleshoot the
>problem, but so far nothing.
>
>Thanks much.
>
>Reney

0
Gord
2/10/2005 1:57:35 AM
Hi Reney,

I use filters a lot and often encounter the same problem. It drives me nuts.
I'll try Dave's suggestions next time. Thanks Dave.

Francis Hayes
www.TheExcelAddict.com

"Reney Langlois" wrote:

> Hi,
>    I'm using Excel 2000.  Recent problem. When I try to
> apply a filter to any table of data, the table header
> doesn't show the arrow buttons as part of each header
> cell.  There is no error message and when I go back to the
> Data-Filter menu, the option is selected as normal.
> Probably something simple but I can't find it.  I've
> rebooted and made simple tables to troubleshoot the
> problem, but so far nothing.
>
> Thanks much.
>
> Reney

Thanks for the help fellas.  I came in this morning, woke
my computer up from sleep mode, worked for a while, then
tried the filter cold and it worked just fine.  Amazing, I
tried it at least 10-20 times yesterday after jumping
through all sorts of hoops and today it starts up.

Reney

0
anonymous (74722)
2/10/2005 1:25:16 PM
Frustrating, huh.

I can't reproduce this at will and it seems when it happens, I'm always in a
hurry--so I take the quickest and dirtiest way out--which doesn't help for
future occurrences.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Removing Buttons
I copied buttons from a WEB page into an EXCEL spreadsheet. I tried to remove the buttons using edit/go to/special/objects -- but it says 'no objects found'. I also tried to 'right click' the button and cut - but it did not work either. I can send you a sample if possible. If there's no shapes you want to keep, maybe this'll do it for you. (Save your file first--just in case.) Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim iCtr As Long Dim myErrNumber As Long With ActiveSheet .Shapes.SelectAll On Error Resume Next Selection.Delete ...

Excel macro or command button to search using a user form
I have a user form which shows info about each student. I want to be able to enter a student's name in a textbox and have all the fields on the form populated with the student information. You need to be a lot more specific on what you are wanting else we have to make a lot of assumptions. I would recommend using a combobox instead of a textbox. This way you can utilize the Change Event and have the students info. automatically filled in the rest of your userform. I will assume you have a list of students in Sheet1 in Col. A. Just set the RowSource property of the c...

Closing a child Dialog when the Mouse button is clicked outside the Parent Dialog
Hai I Have a Parent Dialog and a ChildDialog associated with that and when the mouse is clciked outside the Parent Dialog the child window has to be closed and the parent dialog has to minimized to the taskbar please let me know how to handle this situation Thanks and Regards sures h Are you referring to a dialogs that have Parent/Child relation? The reason I ask is because this is rather unusual. Modeless dialogs are used as children of the frame window as form view. Are you writing something similar to this? "Suresh" wrot...

Filter #17
Have a spreadsheet, with column A: Date Column B: Daily Takings Column C: Profit and Column D: % All data is recorded on a daily basis for every day of the financial year. A summery report for data is made on the same sheet for the total of the financial year, which is easy enough to do for the entire year. How do I filter so that only data appears in the summery report from lets say July 1 - July 21....or any other dates I choose..........ie: is it somehow possible to enter Begiining Date in a cell and End dat in another cell, so it filters the Date column and only have that dat appea...

Filter #10
Hi We have the following code that filters a range in database(no problem) this code is looking at column A which is a week number(11) what we now need to do is extend this code to filter two ranges the second range is column H and is days of the week(Monday) Is it possible to expand this code to do this? Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Row = 2 And Target.Column = 3 Then Sheets("data2").Range("Criteria").Calculate Worksheets("data2").Range("Database") _ .AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, _ CriteriaRange:=She...

2003 Filter and Sort Ascending
I have a database with over 2000 entries. I generated the database in excel 2007, but my clients only have 2003. When they sort the zipcode field in ascending order in 2003 (using the filter drop-down), the database only sorts some of the data and not all of it. How do I solve the problem of the filter sort ascending to capture all of the values in the database? Rob If full column is selected the sort should be OK. Don't let Excel guess your sort range. You may have a blank row. In addition................... Excel 2003 will show only the first 1000 unique items in t...

Junk Mail Filters #3
Props to Microsoft for doing a FABULOUS job on the new junk mail filters in Outlook 2003 THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! Dave anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > Props to Microsoft for doing a FABULOUS job on the new > junk mail filters in Outlook 2003 > > THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! > > Dave Dave, are you insane? They suck. I have several reasons why they suck. I wish MS would fix it. ...

Filter Frustration
I have two forms. Both have a button that call the same subform. This is the information for the first call. It works just fine. ________________________________________ stLinkCriteria = "[SEASONS]='" & Me!Season & "' And [DevCodeA]='" & Me!DEVCODE & "'" stDocName = "MilestoneDates" DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria ________________________________________ This is the information for the second call. The Seasons portion works but the TrackingNo portion doesn't (Ie I pulled the c...

Re: filter out all the #n/a...
I have done a vlookup in col(b), col(c) and col(d) i want to summarise column b,c,d in column E e.g if col b2 = #na, c2=#na, d2=300 then i want e2=300 if col b3 = 100, c2=#na, d2=#na then i want e2=100 how would i do this?? some sort of OR function? also is there a way to highlight/filter all the rows where b2=#na c2=#na, d2=#na ? this will tell me which rows that are not found in an of my vlookups -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you are getting #n/a as a result of the vlookup statements, tr putting in the following formula. This will produce "Not found&qu...

How to add button for macro in Fluent UI?
I have a macro in my personal.xlsb which will be available for all the workbooks in my PC. I want to add a button in the fluent UI for that macro which will be available for all the work books. How to add a custom button? If you want to learn about modifying the ribbon, you can start at Ron de Bruin's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm -- For macros for all workbooks (saved as an addin) or http://www.rondebruin.nl/2007addin.htm Yajiv wrote: > > I have a macro in my personal.xlsb which will be available for all the > workbooks in my PC. &...

Any way to filter cells with formulas ?
Hi, I need to filter cells with formulas and not to select them , is that possible by a simple or advanced filter ? Thank you . -- gaftalik ------------------------------------------------------------------------ gaftalik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6450 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=488232 Maybe.... But I think you'll have to expand on what you really want... gaftalik wrote: > > Hi, > I need to filter cells with formulas and not to select them , is that > possible by a simple or a...

custom filtering/migration of .msg file contact data to .vcf format
I need a way to filter and process incoming sales contact data (name, addres, phone, etc) within incoming .msg files (sample .msg message body below) and append directly to my Outlook Contacts file (.vcf output) for future use. I receive this info from web queries emailed to me, and I'm looking for a way to automatically process every message contact in a format below - the volume of email could be very large, so it needs to be automatically executed by an outlook rule (I can setup a rule to apply only to these emails, based on the subject text, which can be assumed to be unique). I'...

Print form without command button.
I need to know how to print a from without the command buttons showing. Thx for your insight. On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:59:03 -0700, Sokan33 wrote: > I need to know how to print a from without the command buttons showing. Thx > for your insight. Set the button's Display When property to Screen Only. It's on the button's property sheet's Format tab. Note: Form's are designed for data entry, manipulation , and display, not for printing. You would be well advised to create a report with the data you wish to show. If you wish to display the data within the form'...

How to filter rows with commom N�'s in any column
Hello, How is it posible to filter the common N� that may appear in an coloumn Examlpe: A B C D E F 2 6 8 10 15 20 1 2 5 16 25 30 4 8 12 19 45 48 2 4 15 20 25 28 6 9 19 29 39 49 8 19 25 28 41 45 In this example I want to filter all the rows that have the commo N�8 The filtered Result Should be shown as below: A B C D E F 2 6 8 10 15 20 4 8 12 19 45 48 8 19 25 28 41 45 Thank You Moti -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Add a new column to the table, and...

I can't select non adjacent cells using the control button
For some reason I am having a terrible time selecting or highlighting a group of cells and then using the control button and selecting another group of cells Are you selecting say A1:A3 then hold CTRL key and select D1:D3? What occurs when you try? How about hitting SHIFT + F8 then selecting A1:A3 and D1:D3? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 15:24:01 -0700, mustbesimple <mustbesimple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >For some reason I am having a terrible time selecting or highlighting a group >of cells and then using the control button and selecting anothe...

Outlook 2007 weird junk filter behaviour
Hi, I'm setting up an automatic email script, but I find that most of the emails I send from PHP end up in my junk folder. Playing around I found an interesting pattern. Anything that includes the word 'password' in the subject (case insensitive) is sent to Inbox, everything else so far has been sent to Junk. The problem I have is that my webhost overrides the From: header to something that Outlook does not accept to be a valid email address. I'd rather not have to force the word Password into each and every email, instead I'd like to know more about these o...

Close button on tabs
I have a tab control with icons + labels. I want to include a little 'x' on the top-right corner of each tab (a close button). I suspect I'm going to need to create a custom control. My question is: Is is possible to subclass or somehow utilize CTabCtrl so that I don't have to recreate the entire control form a CWnd or CStatic control? If so, how? Thank you all. You can owner-draw the CTabCtrl. Here is a sample. http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/controls/tabcontrols/article.php/c2237 You could draw the "X" in the DrawItem() code. -SM On Sep 9, 2:56=A0am, Se...

Voting Buttons
Hello, I have an approval process that I an trying to make faster. I would like to send the necessary files to the required reviewers, and include voting buttons for them to 'accept' or 'reject' the data. I learned how to set up a template for this purpose and have successfully seen the vote responses recorded in the original e-mail on the "tracking" tab. I can print this e-mail once all have responded and have a paper record of their votes. However, there are times when the voters "edit their response before sending" and include comments. Rathe...

Very easy question about filter!!!
Hi guys, I am trying to do something that looks simple but I can't figure out. I am trying to copy for a third column the names that match from the first two columns. for example: 1� column 2� column Nina john john Ryan smith Sherry bob chuck carlos bob chuck sam andrea I would like to have a third column if john, chuck and bob's name. If somebody have this info, please let me know. thanks, Will -- Wilmarjr -----------------------...

Task bar buttons all light blue
When I have more then one task bar button open (on the bottom of the screen) after a few minutes the program I am using goes to LIGHT blue. As normal the one you are using is DARK blue. Then I have to go down and click on the proper button and the program will then run when I click on the page and then it is good to go for a short peroid. It is getting to be a pain. Any help would be appriciated and thanks in advance. -- budzy budzy wrote: > When I have more then one task bar button open (on the bottom of the screen), > after a few minutes the program I am using goes to...

Sample button bar code crashes VB6
Folks I've been wanting to add a button bar/tool bar/whatever you call it to my utility to jazz up the interface. Yeah, I know it's eye candy but hey... So I found this neat sample code which works great in the IDE. http://www.pscode.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=71482&lngWId=1 I commissioned a set of bmp files fram a graphics person and was happily inserting them into my program. All works quite nicely in the VB6 IDE. Then I compiled it and it immediately crashes an dbrings up the VS2006 debugger. So I downloaded a fresh copy and compiled just the sam...

Delete Filtered Rows
I have done a complex filter, and now I want to delete the filtered list from the worksheet. Is there a way to do this? I know I can copy the list, but I want to either delete or hide the rows that met my criteria. Select them all, do Edit / Go To / Special / Visible cells only, then do Edit / Delete / Entire Row -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ------------...

Need to filter Outlook email with (XXX) images, please help..
Hi, Looking for a way in Outlook to filter out emails with images that open before I even click on them. (they are usually Xrated) and I do not know how to make a RULE to filter them out. This is making me not even want to use my Outlook mail!!!! Appreciate any help!!!! Thanks What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, thehez2@yahoo.c...

Adding a command button to a switchboard
How do I add a command button to my main switchboard and associate it with opening a report filtering a set of records between given dates? I have a switchboard designed and working. It is to make the application more polished and user friendly for those who don't know how to write queries and don't want to know; they just want to filter records with a touch of the button. Thanks in advance for any help on this matter. Shepherdess The same way you created the Switchboard-->Tools-->Database Utilities-- >Switchboard Manager unless you have reached the maximum number of bu...