Newly Created Function not Working #3

Thank you Frank, I used your suggestion but I still was unable to ge
this to work. This is actually the method I had already used. Would i
be easier to just save this as an addin and have him install the addi
on his machine? Do you think it may work if we do this? Again thank yo
for oyur help

--
nuve
nuver's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1003

I'll just chime in and give my $0.02 for what it's worth.

To answer your question, a standard module is what you get when yo
insert a module.  Standard is as opposed to a Class module (which yo
want no part of at this point I'll reckon).

My only other question would be: is the personal macro workboo
actually being loaded on the user's machine?  If you go (in Excel, no
VBA) to the window menubar and click unhide, do you see it?  If th
user had never recorded a personal macro to this sheet, it may not hav
been created.  You can't create a workbook called Personal.xls and pu
it just anywhere.  The specific place on my machine is C:\Documents an
Settings\kkknie\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART.   Just
thought.

--
kkkni
kkknie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=754

Hi
if you save it in the personal.xls you have to enter the name of this
file in front of your function e.g.
=personal.xls!your_function_name(...)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10036
> View this thread:

frank.kabel (11126)

Links don't work properly
Running Outlook 2002. Windows XP Pro. 1.7 ghz. 50 gig hard drive. 512 memory. Anytime I attempt to open a link in an email while using Outlook the following occurs: 1) The link won't open, or when it does, it takes at least a minute. 2) 10 to 15 pop up ads are generated in the lower right hand corner and then take over the screen. 3) The Outlook program slows to a crawl or stops functioning completely. 4) Sometimes an "Open Links with" dialogue box appears. It may be a virus or some stupid program some third party put into my start up or Outlook program but I can...

Newbie Question
Is there a way to create an Excel database to input information and then pull info into a form? We need to have 3 diferent forms that info could be pulled from a database so that the forms don't need to be handwritten or typed each time. I'm willing to do the research needed to do this if it is possible. Info would change, and not all fields would be pulled into each form. I hope this makes some sense. Thanks. Set up your database in columnar format so's you can use VLOOKUP formulas in your 3 forms to pull data based upon criteria. Good place to start for info is ...

Msxml2.XMLHTTP.3.0
I used Msxml2.XMLHTTP.3.0 in mycode. It is working properly in my local and QA environment. But when i run my project on Staging environment i am getting following error. msxml3.dll: the download of the specified resource has failed One difference between staging and other environment is in staging we have used HTTPS protocol. Do tell me that, does Msxml2.XMLHTTP.3.0 works properly with HTTPS protocol? And tell me how to solve this problem Thanks in advance -------------------------------- From: Tanmay Saxena ----------------------- Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotnet247...

Code to Implement Required Cells Not Working
I have a worksheet called "Change Request Form" where users are required to input values in the following cells: C9 = CPM Full Name C10 = IT PM Full Name C11 = Change Type C12 = Reason Category C13 = Project Name C14 = Release C15 = PAT ID C16 = PRISM ID C17 = Explanation E15 = New PAT ID E16 = New PRISM ID I want to require users to provide input in most or all of the other aforementioned cells prior to Saving the workbook depending on the value of cell C11. I wrote the code shown below and put it in the ThisWorkbook object. Unfortunately, upon testing, u...

manifest don't work with visual C++ .NET 2003!!!!
I have a problem! I used VC6 for avout a long time ago... since XP I add manifest in my resource to have the XP theme control, It work well! Now I begin to use permanently Visual Studio .NET ... When I generate my MFC application I told it to generat a manifest... It does but when executing my app It just show old control style!!! What's the matter... What I have to do to allow my app to use the new XP control when compiling in Visual Studio .NET? Eric >I used VC6 for avout a long time ago... since XP I add manifest in my >resource to have the XP theme control, It work well...

Create Contact View with Tasks
Outlook 2000: Is it possible to create a CONTACT view that lists each task assigned to those contacts. Here is why I don't want to do it from inside tasks - I would like to print a list of all of my contacts and the tasks assigned to them, even those contacts that don't have tasks assigned to them - that way I can catch any contacts that we havn't assigned a task to. Does that make sense? Thanks for your help!!! ...

Can I create an outline form numerical Outline Level?
Further to my posting 'Can I copy row grouping between files?' In my Excel file containing data exported from MS Project there is a column headed 'Outline Level', containing numbers 1 > 8. How can I use these to create an outline to group rows in the excel file? ...

Unable to attach file using send to function
Hi, please look here, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com: 80/support/kb/articles/q176/2/69.asp&NoWebContent=1 -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de ...

How do I create an HTML email message?

Using the returned value of a function
I am trying to have a value automatically enetered into a range of cells if the date at the top of the column matches today's date. I have tried using the "Today()" and "IF" functions with no luck. adombrowski Wrote: > I am trying to have a value automatically enetered into a range of cell > if > the date at the top of the column matches today's date. I have trie > using > the "Today()" and "IF" functions with no luck. Hi adombrowski Assuming the the date to be in cell A1, try this =IF(A1=TODAY(),1,0) this will return the ...

#Name? errors but formula works too
I have a sheet which continues to show #Name? errors in a column with a formula doing a few things. =IF(LEFT($H2,1)="p",$K2,MROUND(AN2*HLOOKUP(AN2,Lookups!$A$33:$J$34,2),10)-1) This looks at H and if it finds a color "p" it uses a price in K. If not look at a cost in AN do a lookup in a table for a margin markup and use it to arrive at a price with rounding. This sheet is used for giving price quotes over the phone and so the user usually has calculation set at manual to speed up autofiltering etc. When I ltrace the # Name? error in the auditing toolbar it points m...

Spelling won't work
I just got a new computer loaded with Windows XP. For some reason (and I'm sure there is one)the spell check won't work in Outlook Express. I can see the "spelling" function in the pull-down in tools, but it's that light gray color and won't allow it to be accessed. Why is that? Can it be accessed? My spelling is atrocious as it it, and this would be very helpful if it would just work! Is the file CSAPI3T1.DLL on your computer? If not, try this web site... www.tech-pro.co.uk/index.html "Andy" <AR66@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message news:01ff01c360e...

Need help with a date function formula
I have an excel sheet header which includes a date, the date is t represent yesterday's date ( =Today()-1 ), which then would come int the spread sheet as August 8th, 2005, assuming today was August 9th. The problem is on days like Monday when the previous day was sunday how can I make the formula output the Friday before the Monday instea of Sunday ...example on Monday, August 11th, the formula would read August 10th, I need it to read August 8th...? Please help, thank -- KA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KAA's Profile: http://www.excelforum...

Planning CRM 3.0 SBE Install
I am planning a new deployment of CRM 3.0 SBE. I will be performing a new SBS install to deploy on. Typically I have setup private networks using domain.local for the domain. These implementations use offsite mail servers. For CRM it looks like using a public domain might be better that using the POP3 connector to pull mail from our public mail server. I am also investigating migrating Goldmine 6.7 (dbase) data to MS CRM. Gotchas, recommendations, and comments would be appreciated. Thank You. John Miller ...

Beyond 3 conditional formats
In a column of numbers the largest amoung them should have a red background, 2nd largest blue, third yellow, and fourth green. Conditional formatting only provides for three conditions. Is there a way to make it work with more than three conditions? Thanks, Barney Here is an example Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const WS_RANGE As String = "H1:H10" Dim cell As Range Dim aryColours aryColours = Array(36, 38, 34, 5, 10, 6, 7, 3, 4) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range(WS_RANGE)) Is...

Weeknum function help
Hello, I am trying to show the current week and using this formula: =WEEKNUM(TODAY())-1, someday it works, somday it doesn't (return "#NAME?"). Why is that? Is there other alternative? Thanks Hi, The WEEKNIM function requires the analysis toolpak to be loaded in versions priot to E2007 so I guess sometimes it's running on a machine where it isn't loaded. To load it Tools|Addins and check 'Analysis Toolpak' -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still suf...

Exchange work with LDAP
Hi, Can Exchange 2003 AD work with LDAP? Are there tools to bridge the 2? Regards, Norman Zhang Hi Norman Could you provide a little more info on what you are trying to do, Exchange 2000/2003 uses Active Directory as its LDAP directory service, are you trying to connect Exchange 2003 to another LDAP directory service? -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Norman Zhang" <norm@realbox.com> wrote in message news:%23uPkjo6CFHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Can Exchange 2003...

Creating a manifest from sorted data
Hello all I'm trying to create a report using data input for tracking parts returns, I can select the data I need by auto searching on a cloumn called "consignment" which is a unique code. I want to export all the data from the sort to a separate worksheet which is a formatted document to use as my tracking manifest sheet. I would like to have this print two copies and then auto select another worksheet called "Freight Return Address" with the option to select number of copies to be printed. Is this possible without writing a once off program to achieve. Thank you for...

Function if()
Hello! ***If I use If() =IF(N82:N84="N/A",0,SUM(O82:O84)/SUM(M82:M84)*S82) The formula box shows the results below: logical_test = {FALSE;TRUE;TRUE} value if true = 0 Value if false = 0.8 ={0.8;0;0} =0.8 But I have a problem!!! My cell shows = 0 (and this is not due to any kind of formatting) ***Now I have the same problem is the logical test is (as shown in th formula box) {TRUE;FALSE;FALSE} ={0;0;0.8} =0.8 My cell actually shows =0 ***However if my logical test is (as shown in the formula box) {TRUE;FALSE;TRUE} ={0;0.8;0} =0.8 Then my cell will finally shows the right num...

Why don't hyperlinks work in my outlook docs?
I know it must be something simple but hyperlinks don't work in incoming email messages. Can anyone help me? ...

Outlook Newsgroups #3
Question? Why has Outlook (not Express) always asked in the past if it would like to be the Default News Reader, I believe it has never been able to do this function. Why is it that you have to go to a lower type email program to read Newsgroups? I will never use Express and would love to remove it from my system. I currenty use Mozilla Thunderbird to read Newsgroups. Does anyone know why Micrsoft refuses to add Newsgroup options to their full Outlook program? Thanks >-----Original Message----- >Question? >Why has Outlook (not Express) always asked in the past if it would like...

Outlook 2002/2003 auto-complete function
How do i clear out the "database" of the auto-complete function in the To,cc and bcc fields. i know how to do a single name clear by clicking delete is there a way to clear all the names out? To clear the entire cache, follow the instructions here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q287623 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Brian James" <bjames@beconet.com> wrote in message news:009101c3ad51$120b6a00$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do i clear out the "database" of the auto-complete > function in the To,cc and bcc fields. i know how...

how can i use countif function inside a filtered range
How can I use countif function inside a filtered range Hi, Not much detail here, so this is the general idea: =SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(C13:C18,ROW(13:18)-13,0,1)),--(C13:C18="Red")) -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "jayin" wrote: > How can I use countif function inside a filtered range Shane Devenshire wrote on 02/24/2009 02:05 ET : > Hi, > > Not much detail here, so this is the general idea: > > =SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(C13:C18,ROW(13:18)-13,0,1)),--(C13:C18=&quot;Red&quot;)) > > ...

How do I view my calendar by a label I've created?
I would like to assign label colors to items in my calendars (for home use) and then be able to view my monthly calendar by one label at a time as I choose. Is there anyway to do this? I have gone through all the help menus and can't find anything. I found instructions on how to create a filtered view, but under the instructions, I have no "Add Filtered View" as one of my options. Any suggestions? View | (Arrange By) | Current View | Customize Current VIew | Filter --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtlefloc...

Work Schedule in Excel doc ... Don't have Excel
I just started a new job and the boss sent next weeks schedule in Exce format but I don't have excel. Is there anyway to just read an Exce file? If not can someone tell me my schedule for me -- charlene202 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- charlene2021's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1641 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27780 Hi you can get a free viewer for excel from the microsoft site .. the following link should get you there http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/of...