newbie needs help in Ezcel programming

Hi everyone, please help me with this, newbie to Excel.
I know what I want but, but dont know how to get it!

I have a spreadsheet called Rawdata.xls  and within that a sheet called
"table a".  The sheet contains data within B10:I100
where column b contains a list of non-unique codes, and column C
contains a number of unique identifiers.

Another spreadsheet called Tables.xls  contains a sheet called
"Numbers". Cell B10 contains a list of all the codes contained in a
defined range (which is the same as all the codes in column b of "table
a" in RawData.xls

What I would like is a macro that will look at the selected code within
cell B10 of "Numbers" and check this against the codes in range
B10:I100 within Rawdata.xls sheet "table a". Where the code is the
same, copy the data in column C, F and G of "table a" into "Numbers".

Is this confusing :( Please let me know so I can explain it better.
Thanks again

Amy xx

Hi Amy

any reason why you need a code / vba solution as from my understanding of
your post VLOOKUP should do what you're after.

If you'ld like to check it out in help and post back if you need additional
assistance or if it is not what you're looking for.

Regards
JulieD

"Amy" <scottathomes@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi everyone, please help me with this, newbie to Excel.
> I know what I want but, but dont know how to get it!
>
> I have a spreadsheet called Rawdata.xls  and within that a sheet called
> "table a".  The sheet contains data within B10:I100
> where column b contains a list of non-unique codes, and column C
> contains a number of unique identifiers.
>
> Another spreadsheet called Tables.xls  contains a sheet called
> "Numbers". Cell B10 contains a list of all the codes contained in a
> defined range (which is the same as all the codes in column b of "table
> a" in RawData.xls
>
> What I would like is a macro that will look at the selected code within
> cell B10 of "Numbers" and check this against the codes in range
> B10:I100 within Rawdata.xls sheet "table a". Where the code is the
> same, copy the data in column C, F and G of "table a" into "Numbers".
>
> Is this confusing :( Please let me know so I can explain it better.
> Thanks again
>
> Amy xx

0
JulieD1 (2295)