New Window #3

Is it possible to tune Excel to make every new document open as a ne
"exterior" Excel Windows, and not as a "interior" windows in th
Excel Application ??

I hope I'm not being vague

Thanks for all the hel

Cheer
Hir

--
SnowCras
--------

I think there's a post further down that deals with this

Hiro Protagonist wrote:
> Is it possible to tune Excel to make every new document open as a new
> "exterior" Excel Windows, and not as a "interior" windows in the
> Excel Application ??
>

> I hope I'm not being vague,
>
> Thanks for all the help
>
> Cheers
> Hiro

0
balazs (7)
8/27/2004 10:11:19 PM
TEST RESPONSE

Hiro Protagonist wrote:
> Is it possible to tune Excel to make every new document open as a new
> "exterior" Excel Windows, and not as a "interior" windows in the
> Excel Application ??
>

> I hope I'm not being vague,
>
> Thanks for all the help
>
> Cheers
> Hiro

0
balazs (7)
8/27/2004 10:17:35 PM
TESTING

Hiro Protagonist wrote:

> Is it possible to tune Excel to make every new document open as a new
> "exterior" Excel Windows, and not as a "interior" windows in the
> Excel Application ??
>

> I hope I'm not being vague,
>
> Thanks for all the help
>
> Cheers
> Hiro

0
balazs (7)
8/27/2004 10:19:16 PM
You want a separate instance of excel for each workbook?

It makes things a little more difficult (copying and pasting between workbooks,
for example).

But you can try this:
Tools|Options|General Tab|Ignore other applications (check it)

Not separate instances, but each window with an appearance on the windows
taskbar (xl2k or higher):

Tools|options|view tab|Windows in Taskbar (check it)

===
I like all my workbooks in one instance and I'll just use alt-tab and
shift-alt-tab to cycle between the open workbooks.

Hiro Protagonist wrote:

> Is it possible to tune Excel to make every new document open as a new
> "exterior" Excel Windows, and not as a "interior" windows in the
> Excel Application ??
>
> I hope I'm not being vague,
>
> Thanks for all the help
>
> Cheers
> Hiro
>
> --
> SnowCrash
> ---------
> Message sent from www.excelforums.com

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Cheer
--------
Message sent from www.excelforums.com

Invoice Designer #3
I'm running Money Small Business 2004. I have gone into the invoice designer section of the program, and created an invoice template that I wish to use to print out my invoices. However I cannot find any way of getting the invoices created within Money to print out in this format. Is there any way to save this template so that it overwrites the standard invoice template which is quite unsuitable for my requirements (or is there some other way of getting the layout that I want?). None of the the help files within the program, the on-line Money 2004 manual or the web-based help files s...

3.0 Customization
Is it possible in 3.0 to have one set of screens appear for one group of users and another set for another group. For instance, could our service people only see the service screens while our sales people only see the sales screens? I know I can restrict access to different areas, but we want to have a totally different look and feel for each group... Sorry - I dont believe this can be done "Matt Harvey" <rifleman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OR2vU$3GGHA.740@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is it possible in 3.0 to have one set of screens appear for one group of >...

Report CRM 3.0
Hi, I would need to find out the detailed procedure (step by step) to customize a report…. Could anybody inform about any links or documents concerning this issue? Thank's Marco I'm not sure if it's detailed enough, but the technical training manual has a section on creating and customizing reports. You can find it here: http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/using/whatsnewtechnical.mspx HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "Marco Rocca" <Marco Rocca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEF80683-EC26-456C-82C...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 upgrade issue 3

linking worksheets #3
I know ho to link cells to oher cells. But is there a convenient way to link ranges or worksheets to others. Hi just link the first cell e.g. ='sheet1'!A1 and copy this formula for your range. The reference will adapt automatically -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany j van c wrote: > I know ho to link cells to oher cells. But is there a convenient way > to link ranges or worksheets to others. ...

Offline Database Sync #3
Is there anyway to manually sync the offline database with the online database on the server? We have a register that travels to several weekend shows. We use the offline database when it travels and would like to reconnect it when it returns to the store. Since we process credit cards with a secure wireless connection, we want to run a Z report each day and settle the EDC Batch for credit card transactions. In order to accomplish that we do the following. We sync the offline database before the show. Then modify the SO Admin to point the primary database to the offline databas...

Add new record through Form view
I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command button which will add a new record to my table. On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table in a form. On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 11:11:01 -0800, Ranjith Kurian <RanjithKurian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command >button which will add a new record to my table. >On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table >in a form. The Click event should show [Event Proced...

Lexmark driver for Windows Vista??
does anyone know how to get a driver for my Vista program for a Lexmark X75 printrio? Any help appreciated? On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 15:07:39 -0500, "Kitty Stringfellow" <kikkimomjj@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > >does anyone know how to get a driver for my Vista program for a Lexmark X75 >printrio? >Any help appreciated? I'd suggest reposting your question in a newsgroup supporting Vista, or Lexmark. This newsgroup is for questions about designing relational database Queries in Microsoft Access. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

conditional formatting in excel #3

invoice for envelopes with windows
What invoice template can I use that will consistently place the name and mailing address on the invoice form so that it will always fit in the window of an standard #10 business envelope? There is no standard location for the window. I would suggest folding a piece of paper and measuring where the window is on the envelopes you use. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68FC09EF-AA33-40D7-8472-1602F50D69BD@microsoft.com... > What invoi...

Excel Problem #3
I have win2000 with Office 2000 in the network! When i try to rename one excel file my computer make restart. This hapening not to all files,and all files there are in the same folder in the network! What hapen,and what i can do so as to work out the problem? I have all the required permissions on that network folder. No one else has any of the files open. They are not shared workbooks. ...

Only new email window?
Is there a way that I could have a shortcut on my desktop that does not open the whole application, but rather ONLY open my new email window? I send out a lot of email, and I also have a lot of other apps running. Please let me know if that is possible. Thank you, Steve Steve F. <sf@flintind.com> wrote: > Is there a way that I could have a shortcut on my desktop that does > not open the whole application, but rather ONLY open my new email > window? I send out a lot of email, and I also have a lot of other > apps running. Create a shortcut whose target is: "%Pr...

parent window?
hi, Im trying to display bmp image using static control.I have created a pointer as cstatic stc; when i use stc.Create(NULL,SS_BITMAP,pos,?); what shall i give for the parent window of static control? i used getactivewindow(),but i was not able to display bmp when setbitmap(Hbmp) is used. thanks in advance susi ...

Frame window does not get displayed properly
Hi All, I have a Dialog based applciation. I want to create a Frame window when clicked on the button on Dialog. The problem is I handled the Painting of the dialog (I draw a picture on so WM_PAINT message I handle.) but doing this I am not able to draw the frame window properly. It appears to be transparent to me . I am setting the CFrameWnd to be the child of CDialog Please Can you let me know how to draw the farme window of how can I have a floting window on a dialog. Thanks Anup I don't know if what you are doing is a good idea. But if you want to have a floating window ins...

Unable to send E-Mails #3
I have recently installed broadband and when I attempt to send an E-Mail I get the following message. 554 <E-Mail Adress>: Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied Any help would be gratefully appreciated On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:27:03 -0800, LarryM wrote: > I have recently installed broadband and when I attempt to send an E-Mail I > get the following message. > 554 <E-Mail Adress>: Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied > > Any help would be gratefully appreciated You probably need to authenticate to your outgoing server. Set that up on the &...

Excel Macro #3
I am linking a subtotal workbook to three different workbooks. I have 72 cells on each of the 3 workbooks to link to. I have created a macro basically by using the macro builder in excel, however this takes approximately 72 lines of code for each file because each file has a different name. Is there a simpler VBA code that I could use for all three files? Thanks Frank Post your code (not your workbook) here "Frank" <fborger@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:07b401c36e49$a2591180$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am linking a subtotal workbook to three different > workbook...

Cursor on new message window but no text appears when typed?
When using Outlook 2003 for sending new e-mail, I'm unable to type text into the message body. The cursor appears but no text shows. Text appears when I use Word 2003 to send my new e-mail message. It is more convenient for me to use Outlook. Help. ...

How do I unlock the document in my Windows Messenger?
I have been trying to use the Windows Messenger that was pre installed in my computer and I have even upgraded to Windows Messenger 5.1 hoping that I could finally utilize it but unfortunately, everytime I would send a message, There is always that statement that" the modification of this document is locked". Can you please help me with this and unlock whatever it is that has been locked so I can use the Windows Messenger? Messenger? Are you trying to relate this to Outlook somehow? FYI Messenger 5.1 is extremely old. You should upgrade. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http...

retreive email from windows 2000
my computer system (windows 2000 professional) was corrupt/missing files so could not startup. installed windows xp with microsoft 2003, so that means I have email with outlook. My question is how can I get my old email account from windows 2000 to go with my new email at outlook 2003 In news:B382F7A3-5F1F-49B3-8F4C-DC12231BF048@microsoft.com, eco12759 <eco12759@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > my computer system (windows 2000 professional) was corrupt/missing > files so could not startup. installed windows xp with microsoft > 2003, so that means I have email with out...