I have noticed that each time I import data into an Excel spreadsheet
via a macro, a new named range (for the same range) is created.  This
does not pose a problem, but after a while, I'll have a huge number of
named ranges that will never be used.  Why does Excel name the range
and how can I stop this?  I noticed in the recorded macro, there was a
line .Name = "drd_5". I commented this out to see what would happen,
but it just renamed the range "ExternalData_5". The next one was
"ExternalData_6", etc.

Thanks,
Carroll Rinehart

You could refresh with different parameters or add this

For Each Name In Sheets("Data").Names
Name.Delete
Next Name

or even qualify it if you don't want to delete all
if left(name,3)="Ext" then

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Carroll Rinehart" <carroll.rinehart@ssa.gov> wrote in message
> I have noticed that each time I import data into an Excel spreadsheet
> via a macro, a new named range (for the same range) is created.  This
> does not pose a problem, but after a while, I'll have a huge number of
> named ranges that will never be used.  Why does Excel name the range
> and how can I stop this?  I noticed in the recorded macro, there was a
> line .Name = "drd_5". I commented this out to see what would happen,
> but it just renamed the range "ExternalData_5". The next one was
> "ExternalData_6", etc.
>
> Thanks,
> Carroll Rinehart

0
Don

hal!KfLowerIrql change data in system memory for SCSI miniport dri
Hi: I'm working with a SCSI miniport driver, and I encountered a very strange problem that I don't know how to handle. Plz help me figure it out, Thanks a lot! I'm trying to write a driver to present a ram disk. I have a FPGA based PCI card, but the RTL in FPGA is unable to handle the DMA operations. So I define a byte array in DEVICE_EXTENSION to present a 16MB RAM. All the data transfers and DMA operations are between the array and system memory. Question 1: I've finished the driver and it works almost successfully, but during the '...

Converting QuatroPro to Excel
How can convert a quatropro spreadsheet to an excel spreadsheet. Any help? Thanks, Bob Open the file in Quattro Pro and save it in one of the supplied Excel formats. -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36c601c40128$9e26a970$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can convert a quatropro spreadsheet to an excel > spreadsheet. Any help? > Thanks, > Bob ...

data input in text box

Excel 2007

Excel not Access

multiple Domain name delivery problem

MS Money 95 data files

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

New Disk storage

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Opening Excel Workbooks

Timed Rental
Retail Management Systems Ltd. has just released a new addon for Timed Rental. RMS TimeZone allows you to rent out 'zones'. The easy thing is, you decide what a zone is. Whether you own a golf dome, billiard hall, shooting range (see list below for many other industries) you have the power to specify base pricing, minimum times, and additional per minute pricing. The visual interface tells the employees which zones are occupied/rented, by which customer, and how long the zone has been in use. TimeZone supports an unlimited number of zones. This add-on provides easy to use mouse...

help with simple maths in excel

transferring to new pc