I have noticed that each time I import data into an Excel spreadsheet
via a macro, a new named range (for the same range) is created.  This
does not pose a problem, but after a while, I'll have a huge number of
named ranges that will never be used.  Why does Excel name the range
and how can I stop this?  I noticed in the recorded macro, there was a
line .Name = "drd_5". I commented this out to see what would happen,
but it just renamed the range "ExternalData_5". The next one was
"ExternalData_6", etc.

Thanks,
Carroll Rinehart

You could refresh with different parameters or add this

For Each Name In Sheets("Data").Names
Name.Delete
Next Name

or even qualify it if you don't want to delete all
if left(name,3)="Ext" then

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Carroll Rinehart" <carroll.rinehart@ssa.gov> wrote in message
> I have noticed that each time I import data into an Excel spreadsheet
> via a macro, a new named range (for the same range) is created.  This
> does not pose a problem, but after a while, I'll have a huge number of
> named ranges that will never be used.  Why does Excel name the range
> and how can I stop this?  I noticed in the recorded macro, there was a
> line .Name = "drd_5". I commented this out to see what would happen,
> but it just renamed the range "ExternalData_5". The next one was
> "ExternalData_6", etc.
>
> Thanks,
> Carroll Rinehart

0
Don

How do I create a rule for blank messages?
I have started getting SPAM messages that have no subject and no "from" so I can't seem to create a rule to delete them. header as seen by outlook 2007--- Return-Path: <SRS0=ovPEsT=PD=staciachambers.com=sales@yourhostingaccount.com> Delivered-To: sissonfa-bob@sissonfamily.com Received: (qmail 70749 invoked from network); 9 Oct 2007 17:35:17 -0000 Received: from unknown (HELO mailout08.yourhostingaccount.com) (65.254.253.233) by st136.startlogic.com with SMTP; 9 Oct 2007 17:35:17 -0000 Received: from mailscan16.yourhostingaccount.com ([10.1.15.16] helo=mailscan16.you...

Using Relative path for XML data file?

RMS V2 and QSC Import
I have successfully imported several of my customers products using the QSC Import tool as a test but am unable to import the items with any association with sales tax? The default Sales Tax is TAX which is what I plan on using but once imported it creates a new item code TAX so now I have two? I plan on importing several hundred products and any help would be much appreciated. -Jess Reference- https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/rms/downloads/releases/rms_so_importutility.htm i use the same tool but i dont tell the import utility anything about tax. import the items witho...

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

New Implementation

Looking for Excel Help