I have noticed that each time I import data into an Excel spreadsheet
via a macro, a new named range (for the same range) is created.  This
does not pose a problem, but after a while, I'll have a huge number of
named ranges that will never be used.  Why does Excel name the range
and how can I stop this?  I noticed in the recorded macro, there was a
line .Name = "drd_5". I commented this out to see what would happen,
but it just renamed the range "ExternalData_5". The next one was
"ExternalData_6", etc.

Thanks,
Carroll Rinehart

You could refresh with different parameters or add this

For Each Name In Sheets("Data").Names
Name.Delete
Next Name

or even qualify it if you don't want to delete all
if left(name,3)="Ext" then

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Carroll Rinehart" <carroll.rinehart@ssa.gov> wrote in message
> I have noticed that each time I import data into an Excel spreadsheet
> via a macro, a new named range (for the same range) is created.  This
> does not pose a problem, but after a while, I'll have a huge number of
> named ranges that will never be used.  Why does Excel name the range
> and how can I stop this?  I noticed in the recorded macro, there was a
> line .Name = "drd_5". I commented this out to see what would happen,
> but it just renamed the range "ExternalData_5". The next one was
> "ExternalData_6", etc.
>
> Thanks,
> Carroll Rinehart

0
Don

If-formula in series-range of chart-datasource
Hello there, depending on the "True" or "False"-value of a checkbox in a worksheet, I need to show one or the other dataseries for the X-axis in an XL-chart. However, when I try to integrate an If-formula into the series-definition in the datasource-dialogbox, Excel doesn't accept that. Is there a way to make a dataseries shown dependent on a condition ? Thank you in advance, Kind regards, H.G. Lamy Hi look at the following examples http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html ...

MS Money 95 data files

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Excel not Access

New Disk storage

how do i add time up in exel
everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though i only enter even numbers ,this is to add my hours worked in a month Tell us what's in a1:a30. If they are all even numbers, you should definitely get an even result. But if they include minutes, you can get an odd number of hours. -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "loadie" <loadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12306C49-050C-4DED-AD75-2ECEE54A24F7@microsoft.com... > everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though > i &g...

Excel 2007

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

data input in text box

multiple Domain name delivery problem

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Creating new attributes

Sorting Data #5

adding name /creating field/query?

Importing leads and workflow
We are just implementing CRM and have a couple of lead lists that we want to import (about 5000 records). The sales force would like calls automatically scheduled when the list is imported and would only like 50 calls scheduled per week. I know that I can assign leads based on various criteria to the correct salesperson. However, is there any way that I can create the phone activities and only limit to 50 per week? Does workflow look at the salesperson work schedule at all or will each sales person have 1000 phone calls scheduled for 3 days from when I import? There isn't anything in ...

help with simple maths in excel