network save msg overwrite or make copy

Excel 2002 SP3 is now asking to overwrite or create copy (warning that
another user may have made changes) when saving a file to a network attached
drive (Quantum Snapdrive). This message does not occur when saving to the
local disk. This message has just started appearing since recent Excel XP
updates, perhaps the one supporting "removing hidden data". Another computer
running Excel 2000 at SR-1 has no such problem.

0
Bill

Copying only report sheets
Hi: Happy new year. I created a MS excel workbook which has 4 data sheets and 4 report sheets. Each report sheet links to each data sheet. Now I want to create another workbook that will show only the 4 report sheets. How can I do it in VB code? Agin, in each report sheet, I copy and paste data from data sheet and thus each report points to individual data sheet. Workbookname: ctces sheet names:dat1,rep1,dat2,rep2,dat3,rep3,dat4,rep4 Best wishes and thanks -- jesmin ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jesmin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/me...

Can not get Excel macros to save chart format -lost in space!
Help??? I've been searching this forum for 5 days trying to find a problem similar to what I am having without any luck. I have been trying to use Excel macro to record the creation, formating and saving of a simple bar chart against my Excel data range but the macros do not run for the chart. I am able to creat the charts okay but the macro craps out when I run it. I keep getting " Set ActiveChart = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(Chart1)" type errors as if it's not recognizing the chart that I just made. I am an advanced Excel person BUT not so with VB coding. ...

Save data as it is enerted.
How can I get my form to store data that I enter in a field, so that next time as I start to type the same data it populate the rest of the data. For example, if I enter a company name "My Company" the first time, the next time as I start typing "My..." it should populate all company names that begins with those letters and have been entered before. Possible?? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Forms don't store data, tables do. If you want a way, on a form, to see a list of the company names that match what you are typing in, take a look at how th...

txt to msg
I can save an email to .txt but can I save the .txt back to .msg? ...

Publisher 2007 Can i make a calender with holidays already on it?
IS there a way to make a calender in Publisher 2007 that already has holidays in it? I have a no frills 2009 calendar on my website with the holidays. http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm Scroll down a little. Adding holidays is a manual operation in Publisher. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Jaci" <Jaci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BB20065-41A5-479F-85E1-C4E91112ECBD@microsoft.com... > IS there a way to make a calender in Publisher 2007 that already has holidays > in it? ...

Making reminder alarm ring?
Am using Outlook 2003, with SP1. I can set reminders to make an alarm sound (like a harp), when a reminder comes due (it's in Tools > Options > Other > Advanced > Reminder Options > [X]Play sound). But Outlook has to be up and running, else no alarm sound. Is there a way to set Outlook to be sort of in the background (not just minimized, but really in the background) enough that when a reminder comes due, the alarm will sound, and either the reminder window pops up or an icon appears in bottom-right task bar? (Seems like there IS a way for it to check *e-mails* in t...

Make (save) a file by using macro recorder.
Hi all, I am new to macro and using macro recoder to create macro. On one file which I recieve every week from material department. I need to reformat and create pivot table. I use macro recorder and everything is working good. However I need that when my recorded macro end it create a file with the same name with the date and time it was create. I need every week a new file and I dont want to replace the one. Please let me know how I can create a new file with the date and time everyweek when I run my macro. Thanks -- Farhan Hi Farhan This should do it, just insert you...

make private appts visible to delegate?
User has an admin as a delegate, with full edit permissions across all Outlook functions (incl Calendar), and has "Delegate can see my private items" box already checked. User's delegate, however, can only see the private items time blocked out in the calendar, and cannot see any of the details. Any sage advice or wise counsel?? -- Ctrl-Alt-Del signing off Version of Outlook? There is an issue with outlook 2007 where the private appointments are not visible to outlook 2003 users. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ ...

Copy data between access databases with slightly different structures
If I have 2 databases with some differences in table structure, 1 is fully populated and the other empty, how can I copy only the matching fields data from one to the other? Are there any utilities available for this? See if this is what you want. Open one database and create a link to the table in the other database. Then create an append query. You can choose the fields you want to append, leaving the other fields alone and/or use criteria to chose what records you want to append. -- Joseph E. Meehan 26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math "Partha Mandayam" <partha@partha...

help needed with repeated copy/paste special
[image: http://home.cogeco.ca/~rbhayana/backload.gif] [image: http://home.cogeco.ca/~rbhayana/mastertable.gif] I ran into a lot of work and am wondering if anyone can help me out. Help would be greatly appreciated because going thru 19272 records for copying and pasting is driving me insane. :mad: These are the 2 files I'm dealing with (see pictures above). Top one is backload file and the one underneath is mastertable. As you can see, FundataKey is common to both files. The values of Fundatakey are not repeated in mastertable however are repeated in the backload file. What...

Copy data from Word macro to excel
I am working on a combined Word and Excel sheet (Both 2000 version) What I am trying to do is capture information in Word in an Userform The information that is entered in the form is then used to fill out word document that can be send to a customer. However this information also needs to be entered into an excel sheet currently that is done manually. But I would like to automate that wit a macro. The data that is being captured is in the following form: -If bolOKButtonPressed Then WordBasic.SetDocumentProperty "ProjectTitle", 0 UserForm1.ProjectTitle.Value, 2 WordBasic.SetD...

select and copy files
I have a table that has following fields: 1) account number 2)assiciated file name and 3) description of file 4) file path. Filenames are formatted as account number with 2 digit alphanumeric code following (i.e. 12345a2, 67890b1) table has approximately 300,000 records each associated with one of 130,000 unique account numbers. Goal is to select and copy to new destination only those files associated with a subset (approc 100,000) of 130,000 unique account numbers. Inversely, I could copy all 300,000 files then select and delete those associated with the 30,000 account numbers. any...

Matching Columns in work sheets and copying both rows to new
I am trying to match up two different spread sheets based on one column but to copy both rows to a new sheet. eg. First sheet has the following headings: "Owner Group " "Owner CC " "Type " "Product Categorization Tier 2 " "Product Categorization Tier 3 " "Device Name " "Status " "Model Number " "Mfg. Name " "CI ID " "Old Asset ID " "Serial Number " "Region " "Country " "Site " "Building " "Floor " "...

How to control network shares programatically?
Hello, I am trying to discover a non-GUI method of recording a network share's permissions and security settings, taking the share off-line, doing a bit of maintenance on the data on the share, bringing the share on-line again, and restoring all of the security and permission settings. Only the top level (shared folder) permissions and security settings need to be preserved. The individual files don't have special settings. The general NET SHARE commands can remove and install a shared folder, but can't help record and manage the security and permissions settings. I'm tr...

looking for a script to make a Distribution List from a text file
Does anyone have a script for making a new Distribution List from a text file, or CSV file? I created larger dist lists by using adduser. Then, once the group is created, I mail enable it. "BwiseIT" wrote: > Does anyone have a script for making a new Distribution List from a text > file, or CSV file? > > > ...

Save Images
Hello All I Have An ImageList Object Contains Some Images And I Want To Save Those Images To The HardDisk Is There Any Way For THat Thanks Alot Asked and answered on 9.19.2007, 9.20.2007 AND 9.22.2007. -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II "RABEA" <ShamiJewelerjo@Yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23H1TuYa$HHA.3780@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello All > > I Have An ImageList Object Contains Some Images > And I Want To Save Those Images To The HardDisk > Is There Any Way For THat > > T...

Excell and Word Hang up when attempting use Save As command
I have just installed latest updates for office 2003 and now find that when I attempt to use the save as command the application hangs up and prompts me to send a report to microsoft when I terminate a non-responding program. Any ideas as to what is wrong? Maybe... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/918165 Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security update MS06-015 Microsoft Patch Snafu Grows, Users Seek Workaround http://www.techweb.com/wire/security/185303742 Scuta wrote: > > I have just installed latest updates for office 2003 and ...

Can you suggest any way to turn off Saving to Excel?
I've been asked to disable Exporting from CRM to Excel. (I'm not making this up.) Perhaps management has temporarilly lost its senses. Your mission is impossible. Do not accept it You cannot disable exporting from CRM to Excel "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6D35176-EEA5-48A8-9798-3181E5FAD1E0@microsoft.com... > I've been asked to disable Exporting from CRM to Excel. (I'm not making > this > up.) Perhaps management has temporarilly lost its senses. How about this likely response - "But Larry, if the ...

Repost-Edit and save query criteria
Sorry to repost this, but I was not sure I would get help with this again and it would get lost in the list. As suggested, I created a table called ExcludeShows1 with the ShowID and Year fields. I have posted the SQL with those changes to the query. When I tested this initially, it appeared to work. Then I tried testing the queries using last year's show data for 2009. No data is being returned for 2009. Not sure what is happening that it is not returning 2009 data. SELECT Shows.ShowID, Entries.Place, IIf([Entries]>1,([Entries]-[Place])*0.5,0) AS Points1, IIf([...

urgently:who coult tell me what files I must copy?
I write a program using vc6.0,in this program I use the controls: MSComm,MSChart,MSFlexGrid,MS ADO Data,MSDataGrid and so on,I build this program "Use MFC in a Shared DLL" and set "Win32Release",then I only copy the executable to another PC that it hasn't install vc, but it doesn't run.who coult tell me what files I must copy?thank you. I write a program using vc6.0,in this program I use the controls: MSComm,MSChart,MSFlexGrid,MS ADO Data,MSDataGrid and so on,I build this program "Use MFC in a Static Library" and set "Win32Release",then I only...

Multiple copies of a page
Hello, I have a report which needs to print two identical copies of each page and then a third largely-identical copy of some pages. What I have done is create a sub-report and add it three times to the report. Then in the Detail_Format event of the main report I make the third sub-report visible or invisible, depending on how many copies of the page we need. This is all working fine. The trouble I'm having is that, for the pages where we need three copies, the client wants certain fields on copy 3 to not be printed. I realize that I could create a separate sub-report to be used f...

In MSExcel2000, how do I make a sheet that adds up my other...
Hi - I have a spreadsheet with pages for 2000, 2001, 2002, etc - how do I make a page in the spreadsheet that continually updates the totals/changes of these pages? -- ahmebah Hi check out the data / consolidation menu option Cheers JulieD "ahmebah" <ahmebah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AED13E75-DEB8-4534-9DFE-21CFBD2B512C@microsoft.com... > Hi - I have a spreadsheet with pages for 2000, 2001, 2002, etc - how do I > make a page in the spreadsheet that continually updates the totals/changes > of > these pages? > -- > ahmebah ...

How to copy cell references?
Is there a way to select a group of cells and then copy their respective references to a new location so the cells at the new location reference the original cells? For instance, assume I have data in locations A1 to A4 and B1 to B4. If I select those eight cells, I'd like to paste the references to those cells (i.e., A1, B1, A2, B2, etc.) into a new location, for instance starting at E10, without manually typing in the references individually. When done, E10 would contain reference to A1 (=A1), E11 would contain reference to A2 (=A2), etc. Thanks, Joe K. On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 18:52:12 GM...

Heres a money making opportunity for you guys...
Heres a money making opportunity for you guys... Does anyone know if outlook, or some other email program has the ability to automatically colorize emails in the sent box according to whether or not there was a response sent back or not? For instance, there could red emails and green emails...the red emails are ones that I have not heard back from....the green emails are the ones which have heard back from...etc...This would be very useful for me to follow up on email. Can Outlook do this? hope to hear from you, Kind Regards, Taylor Reaume (562)430-2829 AIM Y! MSN: Loopwisechat http://w...

OL2000 w/ Win2K
Seems like a stupid question, BUT I have a user who set themselves up with Yahoo and now when they click on an e-mail from a link their Yahoo comes up (default). Can anyone tell me how to get OL to be default now? Thanks, Tim Go to Internet Explorer, Tools | Internet Options | Programs and set the e-mail program there. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Tim Miller" <tmiller@deppmann.com&g...