Nesting? How do I create a table to reference?

Tried to nest more than 8 componets but it did not work.  Any help on
creating a table to reference it would be appreciated.  Never done it
before.  Tried the Excel help, and it was worthless.

Here is my original post that explains more:
http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=498860

--
mcr1
mcr1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15496

ok you have a two column table.starting in the lh column you type your 1k,2ac
etc going down the page,and in the cell next to each code you type the
correspomding number,also going down the page
so you end up with
1K     51126
2AC  36320
etc
is that what you want?
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!

"mcr1" wrote:

> Tried to nest more than 8 componets but it did not work.  Any help on
> creating a table to reference it would be appreciated.  Never done it
> before.  Tried the Excel help, and it was worthless.
>
> Here is my original post that explains more:
> http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=498860
>

> --
> mcr1
> mcr1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15496
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=498905

when I click table from the Data menu, no matter what I do I get the
Input range is not valid.  I have no idea how to even begin to create a
simple table.

--
mcr1
mcr1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15496
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=498905

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 18:51:47 -0600, mcr1
<mcr1.218oxm_1136595300.8592@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

>when I click table from the Data menu, no matter what I do I get the
>Input range is not valid.  I have no idea how to even begin to create a
>simple table.

Well for one thing, please don't split the same question off into a
different thread by giving it a new subject name. This question has
been answered in your original thread; something that someone coming
across THIS thread may not realise, which would result in them wasting
their time answering it here as well.

But just for reference, the Data menu doesn't have anything to do with
Paul's reply. A table (in this context) is just a range of cells that
contain:
- the value that you want to look up, and
- the value that you want returned,
in a side by side arrangement.

Hank Scorpio
scorpionet who hates spam is at iprimus.com.au (You know what to do.)
* Please keep all replies in this Newsgroup. Thanks! *
0
ApolloXVIII (173)

Summarising tables data
Hi i have about 10 sheets and in each sheet there is lot of info but from Row 17 to 48 there is a table (columns B till M) row 17 and 18 are headers and 19 to 48 are the values to be filled. in all sheets its the same case i want all these data to be clubbed into one sheet (summary sheet). how can i do this, just want data to be placed Something like this Sub consolidateem() For Each sh In Sheets If sh.Name <> "Sheet1" Then With Sheets("sheet1") dlr = .Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row + 1 sh.Range("b19:m48").Copy .Cells(dlr, "b"...

How to mark and creat index in Publisher 2003
When I make a book in Publisher 2003, it looks like the same in Word 2003. But how can I mark and creat index in Publisher 2003, and creat the contents in the head of the book? Thanks a lot. ----James Manually. There is no function built into Publisher to do that. -- ...

How can I create Combo list with no VBA
I would like to create drop down list the old fashioned way. I know nothing about VBA or ActiveX. Previous version of excel allowed you to create a control with a drop down list which after selection will put the output in a specific field on which calculation could start. Is there a way to get Excel to work the old way Open up the control tool box. Select the combo box and place it on your worksheet. Put the list of values that you want in a column range somewhere. Open the properties for the combo box. Enter the range with your values in the ListFillRange property, like A2:A10 Enter the ...

converting word tables to excel #2
I have a document that describes a new piece of software. The cost for each feature is described in a word table. I would like to extract these tables (with a makro?) into an excel sheet automatically. Any ideas anybody? Eckard If this is a one-time task, you can open the Word document, copy the table, and paste it into Excel. Eckard Buchner wrote: > I have a document that describes a new piece of software. The cost for each > feature is described in a word table. I would like to extract these tables > (with a makro?) into an excel sheet automatically. Any ideas anybody? -- De...

Hidden Field in Datasheet view for a table
Hello All, when I go to Table Design, there is a column named Field 1 (it is text). When I switch to Datasheet View, it becomes hidden. Any ideas on how to solve the problem? Thanks in advance Sam Berry "Hidden" as in zero-width, or "hidden" as in "off-screen"? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement thereof. Any code or pseudocode included in this post is ...

store the results of a form calculation in a table field
I have read the replies to other similar queries and understand the 'whys' of not storing calculated data. I may be too narrow in my thinking, but can't see any other way of achieving what I need: I am storing geographical (Latitude and Longitude) coordinate data, in the format Degrees, Minutes, Seconds (DMS) with each in its own field. Later in the process I am converting from DMS to decimal using a calculated field in a form. All good so far. For data integrity purposes, I need to be able to prove that each entry is absolutely unique. What I was trying to do to achiev...

Help with creating drop down
Hi,, can anyone help me on how i can create a drop down combination(i'm not sure what it is called)? x y z X1 y1 z1 x2 y2 z2 x3 y3 z3 What im trying to do is if cell A1 has a drop down list(with X,Y,Z selection), i would like cell B1 to return another drop down list that contains a list corresponding to what was selected in cell A1.. so if cell A1 is Y, then cell B2 will show another list with Y1,Y2 and Y3 selection... Im using MS Office 2007. Please advise and thank you very much. Hi, take a look at Debra web has excellent examples http://www.contextur...

Reference page header to query parameters
How do you reference a page header in a report to return the parameter that you selected in your query? For example, I have two calculated fields in my final query based on two other queries. The two other queries contain the parameters. The parameters are for month, year and quarter. So if I answer my parameters like: Month1: 2 Year1: 2010 Qtr1: 1 Month2: 1 Year2: 2010 Qtr: 1 I want my report headers to reference my selections and return in my report’s page header: Feb 2010 Qtr1 Jan 2010 Qt1 I’ll be so incredibly relieved if I can get this to work. I’ve wast...

Other References for VBA on Mac OS X?
Does VBA on Mac OS X have any References (object/type libraries) other than the default ones supplied with the Office X installation? And if so, where/how does one obtain them? -- Debi On 3/31/04 7:27 PM, in article 1e3d5e9a.0403311927.3abf148@posting.google.com, "Debi" <debit72@yahoo.com> wrote: > Does VBA on Mac OS X have any References (object/type libraries) other > than the default ones supplied with the Office X installation? And if > so, where/how does one obtain them? There's no VBA specific to a particular Mac OS. It's specific to the version of Of...

Save Custom Table/Report?
Hello, I have a project file that I open as Read Only from a Sharepoint directory. I have a custom table and report that I need to regenerate every time I open the file. Is this because I have it opened as Read Only? Is there a way for me to save a custom table and/or report locally, so that I can apply it to the shared file I open? Thanks, WtS Wonko -- The next time you open the file, regenerate the custom Table and custom Report, then click Tools - Organizer and copy the Table and Report into your Global.mpt file. This will make the custom Table and Report visible...

create a calendar #2
Thank you so much, JulieD ! I think it is a wonderful solution to m problem. I will email you directly also. Thank you very much again. Best regards, elenapili -- elenapili ----------------------------------------------------------------------- elenapilin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1569 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27225 Hi glad to assist. Hope you received the file i emailed. Cheers JulieD "elenapilin" <elenapilin.1eqmny@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:elenapilin....

Create standard folders in all users mailboxes.
I am playing with some email archiving software and instead of applying archiving rules to a user's inbox, I want to create a standard folder that users can move their mail to so it can be archived. Im sure there is a way to create this folder for all users as well as ensure it stays there in the future (and for new users, etc) ... Any suggestions ? On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 05:29:01 -0800, "Mal.Harwood" <Mal.Harwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am playing with some email archiving software and instead of applying >archiving rules to a user's inbox, I w...

Formula for selecting a varying cell reference
I'm trying to tie 2 worksheets together. The first is a data entry sheet, set up by month. The second is a sheet that I want to pick up monthly data -- i.e., the most recent month of information entered on the data entry sheet. Is there a formula I can write in the monthly sheet that will look at the data entry sheet and go to the last monthly column that has data and retrieve that? I guess I'm thinking like a flowcharting yes/no process starting in December -- i.e.,: Is December blank? Yes -- go to November; No -- use this data -- etc., etc., etc. Any ideas? ...

How can I create a Public Contact Folder in Exchange 2003
It seems that I can only create public e-mail folders. How can I create a public contact folder? I am kind of new in exchange so any help would apreciated. Mike When you create the folder it asks what type of data to store - choose contacts. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Mike" <recklez@cyprus-x.org>...

Create XML Document given an XSD
Hi, Does .Net framework provide a way to create an XML Document based on an XSD? I know that there may be an issue with the data inside it, but it doesn't have to be a valid XML document to start with and then the user can fill in the blanks. Regards, --- Victor Hadianto http://www.synop.com/Products/SauceReader/ Victor Hadianto wrote: > Does .Net framework provide a way to create an XML Document based on an XSD? > I know that there may be an issue with the data inside it, but it doesn't > have to be a valid XML document to start with and then the user can fill in ...

Pivot Table Integrity Problems
I have built a spreadsheet and several pivot tables. Each pivot table is based on the first table to save memory. At least twice a week when I try to open the file I get a message "Unable to read". When the file is repaired I get the following results; was discarded due to integrity problems, on every table I have. I am currently using Excel 2000. Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. Scott ...

Creating a calculated field using dates in a form
I am trying to use dates from 2 fields in a form (HireDate-DOB) to calculate age. Then, using the age, I want to display a message if the age is less than 18. I think I have written a conditional statement correctly, but am unsure where to place it so that the message displays when the condition is met. I am totally new to Access 2007 and VB. You did not say what the content of your 'conditional statement' was and how you plan on using it. What has HireDate to do with it? Is it you want to see if their age is less than 18 on the date of hiring? Then this will c...

Can't create a new public folder.
I ran into the following problems: In the System Manager, the "public folders" container doesn't list public folders and system folders. Also when I tried to create a new public folder, the system didn't response at all, no even giving me any error message. Does anyone happen to know what the problem is? Thanks a lot in advance! "sun" <sun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F80E3901-55EB-42AA-9914-6069F19CAE90@microsoft.com... >I ran into the following problems: > > In the System Manager, the "public folders" container d...

Contact Table
I added a few custom schema field attributes in CRM within the Contact Table, now I receive an error that states that I have exceeded the SQL Server limit of 8000 bytes. I have looked at the Contact Table and there are rows that I do not need within the ContactBase table. I am looking to find out how I can remove my changes or remove the rows that I do not need. -Thanks to everyone that has responded. James, I'm afraid that there isn't a way to remove columns once they are added. Short of doing a database restore of the various DB's, you don't have many options. T...

How can a user created template be added to the toolbar
Running Office 2007 Pro. I inadvertently posted this question in the forms forum. I created a template that I would like to access from the toolbar instead through the menu even though I have eliminated a couple steps by putting Choose Form on the toolbar it still takes more clicks than I want. I saw instructions about adding a form but I couldn't get past "modifying selection" after selecting the macro. So how do I add my OFT file to the toolbar? Thanks for you time and assistance! ...

Create Lead from Email #2
I have setup a queue to receive incoming emails from leads. I am able to use a workflow to create a new lead for each incoming email. The issue that I have encountered is that the data for these leads are collected by outside vendors and contain additional information. Each vendors format is consistent. I would like to be able to parse the body of the email and populate fields in the lead. I would prefer to do this using CRM but if you know of some good 3rd party tools please let me know. Thanks Chris, We are developing a solution to address our client requirements, reading the email ...

Creating New E-Mail Outlook 2002 sp21
When attempting to create new email an "unspecified error" occurs and precludes me from completing the emial. Am using Office XP suite with Outlook 2002 sp1. Original issue was just a single notification and when closed would allow me to create message. Has progressed to where error frame self propagates continuously, does this sound viral ? Certainly doesn't sound healthy. Have you tried Detect & Repair? (look in Help) Is your virus checker running the latest updates - with what results? K "Scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Any1 know how-to create the input file needed for the Exchange DST Update Tool?
I have tried different methods suggested by MS, but I am unable to produce an input file in the following format: User_DNTABServer_Friendly_NameTABOS_Time Zone_Registry_KeyCRLF You would think the script would produce an output in the same format to use for the update... You are running MSEXTMZ in "Time Zone Extraction" Mode? (That is the mode that creates the TAB delimited TZ file) The account you are running under has correct permissions (Full mailbox access and Send As)? What does your .ini file look like? <slerche@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171639396.9825...

create switchboard button that will close program entirely
I have a switchboard button that closes the database but leaves Access open. Is there a way I can have the button close the database and Access with one click? Dear robnsd: Try the following code: DoCmd.Quit HTH -- Fred Boer - Amateur Access Enthusiast Interests: Library software / Z39.50 / Web Services Freeware Small Library Application available here: http://www3.sympatico.ca/lornarourke/ "robnsd" <robnsd@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:1188765557.922703.326790@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com... >I have a switchboard button that closes the database but leaves Ac...

include string or text value in cell reference
Hi, does anyone know how/if i can include a cell value within a path in a function/formula so i can update it by simply changing cell value, e.g. SUM($A$1, '[E:\folder\stats June.xls]'!sheet1$A$1) so that the 'June' part can change according to a cell value, say F1. So if I change F1 from "June" to "July" then the SUM formula would change to show ....'\stats July' . many thanks in advance, Nelly Use the INDIRECT() function -- Gary''s Student "nelly" wrote: > Hi, > > does anyone know how/if i can include a ce...