Negative dates or times are displayed as ####

Negative dates or times are displayed as ####.  The cell retains the
negative value.  How can I display negative time as "h:mm AM/PM" in red or
with a negative sign?  The cell should retain the negative value.

You've got one reply to your other post in .programming.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Grouping dates in pivot table
I am pulling data from a SQL Server database to create a pivot table. Excel (07) is not recognizing the field as a date. This is a field I would like to group by in the pivottable. I am aware of all the techniques to convert this to a date field, but I am searching for an answer as to why XL pivot tables cannot consume the dates directly from a sql query. I have played with bringing the dates back in a number of differenent formats with no success. Any insights into this would be appreciated. Probably coming in as text and yuo may only need to copy an unused cell and paste sp...

how do i change dates on my calendar and keep my pics
Publisher doesn't support this. You would need to do it manually. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Bob T" <Bob T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68671977-F71B-444F-AE72-801D2B359FEE@microsoft.com... > ...

Date Problem !!
hi there i have a big problem with the dates. i enter 09/10/2005 in a cell and it changes to 10/09/2005 !! big problem. it shows 10/09/2005 in the cell but 09/10/2005 in the formula bar !! 2 different dates very confusing is there a way of telling it to use just one kind ??? thanks -- cassy01 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cassy01's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=780 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=473175 It's the same date, it's just formatted differently o...

Date #9
One column has the date which I enter manually. If I type 15may it converts immediately to 15-May which is great. But how can I get the line to enter dates automatically? What I need is to enter one date (say, 20 May) and for all lines below to automatically add 1 day at a time, either at the time of starting the line, or even before in one go. Thank you very much JB You can use a formula, if you add the date in A2, in A3 put =IF(A2="","",A2+1) copy down as long as needed and format the cells the same way as in A2 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "JB"...

Date and Time
Is it possible to have a cell show the current date and time without entering it, like in word? Nick If you want the current date and time, updated whenever a calculation occurs, use =NOW(). If you want to enter the current date, without updating, press CTRL+; -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Lord Of The Morning" <Not@aol.com> wrote in message news:vmjpgijrjvs5c5@corp.supernews.com... > Is it possible to have a cell show the current date and time without > entering it, like in word? > > Nick > >...

Question about Date validation
Hi All, I'm working on a form for weekly data entry. I'd like to create a date field where the user will enter the date the week ends (ie week ending Friday, June 25th). Is there a way to write code so that Access will check that the day the user inputs is a Friday (and if not they will recieve an error message)?. I know how to program the error message pop-up box, but I have no idea how to write code to check if the date inputted is a Friday. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Use the WeekDay function If WeekDay(Me.DateField) = 6 Then MsgBox "Error" En...

Displaying Counts when Filtering
Usually when using the filter function, the total records in the spreadsheet and the number of records that match the filter criteria are displayed on the lower left of the window (I guess it's the status bar). However, for certain files that I have, no counts are displayed when I filter. Does anyone know if there is a setting in the file that causes this or something else that needs to be changed? I do notice this happens frequently with files created by exporting from Access, but not always. It also happens with other files, but I can't find a common denominator. Hi To...

Display Discount on POS screen
I've figured out how to remove REP from the main POS screen. I'd really like to add Discount to the screen, so we can accurately display for the cashier which discounts are being applied to which individual items. Any ideas? Anyone got a third-party recommendation? ...

Hiding tasks with due dates in the distant future
I'd like to display only my tasks for the next month or so. How can I filter out those that are in the distant future or recurring tasks that won't be due until next year or the year after? Hi, Goto the Tasks folder. Goto the Customize current view. Click on the Filter Button. Goto the Advanced Tab. Under define more criteria, clickon the Feilds and then select All Task Feilds and then select Due Date. Then under the condition Select Between and then in the Value enter the range of dates ( say 3/8/2004 and 3/10/2004 ). Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Ambe...

Unable to display the folder error.
I get the following message when using Outlook. If I close Outlook then reopen it, it will work until I switch icons (calendar to contacts). "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. An error occurred that prevented the file M:\Outlook\cij.pst from being saved. Close and then restart all mail-enabled applications." Can anyone help me with this problem? ...

dates
Hi there - I am a new user, have only started using excel 2 days ago but am really enjoying it. I have managed to create timesheets that automatically calculate the time spent on a project. Anyway, enjoying it very much. So, I have dates running down the left hand column (A), eg, 05.10.05. Currently I am inputting these by hand because if I drag that cell down it creates 05.10.06, 05.10.07 etc. I have messed with the 'custom' setting and changed it to 'dd.mm.yy' but this has not solved it. Any help much appreciated. By the way, it's excel 2001 for mac. Tom -- small ...

Display text in Excel Bubble chart. #2
H1!, I have an Excel spreadsheet which contains X-coordinates, Y-Cordinates, Well name and Cumulative Oil/Gas/Water production. I have created bubble map using X,Y and Z(Cum production). I need to show the well name on each Bubble, which I am unable to do. Kindly sugest method to display the well name on the bubbles. Thanks, Raja Mukherjee Raja - Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler (http://appspro.com) is a free addin that adds text from the worksheet to data labels on a chart series. I just tested it on a bubble chart and it works fine. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP ...

delay in displaying cell contents
Is there a simple function that can delay the display of the contents of a cell by a few seconds. I know that it can be done as VBA code but I dont know how to do it. Thanks in advance for any help. Dave Hi have a look at the Wait method in the VBA help -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Dave" <dave-rawlins@beeb.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9995bde6.0410151425.1688ff24@posting.google.com... > Is there a simple function that can delay the display of the contents > of a cell by a few seconds. I know that it can be done as VBA code > but I dont know how...

Historical Stock Status As of Date
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00A5_01C8845C.ADFC9B50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I'd like to know whether anyone has encountered an issue wherein the As = of Date that is printed in the Historical Stock Status Detailed by Item = does not follow the date as indicated in the report options screen. = Currently we are trying to print the said report but no matter what date = we put in, the As of Date that prints on the report is set to 30 Jan = 2008. Is there anything that we...

Find the number of years between two dates
I have aroster of players with thier date of births. I would like to automatically add their ages in another column Try this Formula, assuming that the dob is in cell A1 =DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"y") & " years, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"ym") & " months, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"md") & " days" regards Mukesh "duke" wrote: > I have aroster of players with thier date of births. I would like to > automatically add their ages in another column On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 19:47:02 -0700, "duke" <duke@disc...

double display in the Watch view with VC++6 sp6
Hi, Since the install of Visual Studio service pack 6 the double display differe in the Watch window of example before (with vc++ sp5) -7701.7701 give in the window -7701.7701 now (with the sp6) in obtain -7701.7700999999997 Thanks Why is this an issue? It strikes me as a bit of concern over an irrelevancy. Floating point isn't accurate anyway, so there is no particular reason to be concerned about trivial differences like this. joe On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 09:39:11 +0200, "Olivier" <olive@nospam.fr> wrote: >Hi, > >Since the install of Visual Studio service ...

How can i use a command button to validate date and time
I have two command buttons, each on a different sheet. i need both of them to put the current date in one cell on its sheet and current time in another on its sheet. i also need these cells to be locked so the user can only edit these cells by clicking the command button. Any answers? ...

Inbox display problem
My 4 year old got on my computer and now my email is only showing the received column. I would like to have the From and Subject put back in there. Don't know and can't figure out how he did it. Anyone? Frank Frank <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My 4 year old got on my computer and now my email is only > showing the received column. I would like to have the > From and Subject put back in there. Don't know and can't > figure out how he did it. Anyone? In addition to what Milly said, you can also reset the current view to its defaul...

Todays Date that does not update
I created a macro and a button that when clicked it entered todays date in a cell, which is what I wanted. I used "Today( )". Problem is the date keeps updating to todays date and I want it to stay the date I entered it in. Is there some other value or formula to do this so it does not update everyday? Thanks!! You need to enter the date itself. Any function will always update to the current date. Ctrl+; will enter the current date in a cell. In VBA, use Range("A1").Value = Date -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC...

Time wrong
The clock on my PC is correct however when I send to someone it shows a time 3 hours in advance. Anyone have any thoughts how to correct? ...

DATE 01-04-08
Hello again! I am using this code =DateSerial(Year([Opened Date]),Month([Opened Date]),Day([Opened Date])+10) on my form....is there a way for the date to get recorded in the main table as well. because on the form and the report it shows up, but not in my main table...do I need to run an update querie or something??? Any suggestions?? Thanks Ransom Ransom, It would be simpler like this: =[Opened Date]+10 Is Opened Date a field in the same record as where you want to record this calculated date value in the table. So this date, whatever it is, will always be 10 days after the Ope...

date confusion
hi im new to excel 2007 i want to ask that when i type 7/4 in a cell excel thinks that the slash is division operator so it divides it ?? but in different cell it interpret it as date ok another problem is that when I enter 7/4 in the different cell excel interpret it as 4-Jul only but How do I display the year too ? even if i type 7/4/2008 or 7/4/08 it still shows 4-JUL ? Help please thank you very much Format the cell as m/d/yyyy, you created the d-mmm format by just entering 7/4 so you need to reformat the cell to the date format you want. Always use the full date when entering dat...

Money using wrong date to calculate ROI YTD
I have opened a new file in Money to track investments for a stock club. I entered all transactions, which go back to Jan. 2002. When I look at performance for the account, the ROI YTD is not accurate, as Money is using values for the stocks going back only 6 months form the date I enterd the transactions rather than the values as of 1/1/03. What to do? In microsoft.public.money, Brooks wrote: >I have opened a new file in Money to track investments for >a stock club. I entered all transactions, which go back >to Jan. 2002. When I look at performance for the account, &g...

Trouble with time formats
Any help appreciated! I need to work out the average speed it would take to cover a certain distance. EG. If you covered 10 miles in 28 minutes what would teh average speed be... Column A: 10 miles Column B: 28 minutes Column C: Would return 21.43mph. I then want to to add time increments of say 15 seconds in rows so that I can see that if it took 28 minutes, 45 seconds, the average speed column would return 20.87mph. I can work it out by entering 28.75 for the time (or 70.50 for 1h,10m,30s), but I want to format it as time, i.e: 00:28:45 (or 01:10:30) Is this possible? Thanks...

Outlook Multiple Profiles at the Same Time
I have two separate icons set up on my desktop to call Outlook using /profiles switch for profiles A & B. I can double click one for A, and it opens my POP3 account for profile A. Then I close it and double click one for B, then it opens my Exchange Server account for profile B. The problem is if I don't close the one for profile A and try to open the one for B, then even if the switch is set to open profile B, it just opens profile A again. Can someone tell me how I can have two separate Outlook for two separate profiles open at the same time? Adding POP3 to my Exchange S...