Need to populate data from different sheet.

I have a drop down list of branch names in one sheet. The source sheet
(separate one) contains the values of this list and addresses and contact
information, as well. I need to populate adjacent cells in the one sheet with
the respective addresses and contact information, matching the selected
branch name.

EXCEL 2007

Please check out:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

Item number 57.

If you enter numbers (1 to 9 in any order) into worksheet_1 cells A2 to A10
it will pull back the corresponding values into worksheet_1 cells B2 to B10.

The, "translation table" is found in worksheet_2.

"Joe Spindola" wrote:

> I have a drop down list of branch names in one sheet. The source sheet
> (separate one) contains the values of this list and addresses and contact
> information, as well. I need to populate adjacent cells in the one sheet with
> the respective addresses and contact information, matching the selected
> branch name.

Sale and delivery from different locations
Hi guys, Here's a scenario some of you might have run into before. In an HQ environment, how would it be possible to make sales from one location, and make deliveries for that sale from another location? As far as I know, HQ does not recognize the concept of a warehouse. So I was wondering if there is some sort of workaround for this issue, whereby a designated "store" could pick up the sales slated for delivery and act on it. Any ideas? Thanks, I knew it... This one is indeed a toughy. ...

We receive atachments in excel5.0 from different places but some can not be opened
Those attachments can only be seen using quick view but they can not b edited or printed. Our computer is a HP pavilion 6535, windows 98,ms office 2000,excel 5. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Are you trying to open them with Excel 2000 or Excel 5? "Fabio Fermin >" <<Fabio.Fermin.15xvl9@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Fabio.Fermin.15xvl9@excelforum-nospam.com... : Those attachments can only be seen using quick view but they can not be : edited or printed. : Our computer is a HP pavilion 6535, windows 98,ms office 2000,excel 5.0 : : : --...

Compare two spreadsheets to find differences.
Problem: I work with two spreadsheets daily in which I need to compare two columns and extract, note or highlight differences. First worksheet has that days sales order numbers, which is then sent to our warehouse for shipping. Second spreadsheet is sent back from warehouse with sales order numbers and their respective tracking numbers. Issue: Occassionaly sales orders slip through and don't get shipped. I need to compare both spreadsheets and find the sales order numbers on the 1st sheet that don't appear on the 2nd sheet and therefore, didn't ship. Can anyone spell UNHAPP...

[Urgent] Need Help on COM AddIn registry entries
Hi, I am having 2 COM AddIns for the TenderEnd hook... Both of them works well indivudually. But when I have both of them together, the AddIn that was added first is getting invoked and the second AddIns is not invoked. When I exit the POS and the registry entry of the second AddIn vanishes... Both the DLLs are registered... The registry entry is as follows... Hook Number: 000 Caption: AddInCaption1 Description: AddInDesc1 HookType: 15 ObjectName: AddIn1.class1 Parameter: 1 Hook Number: 001 Caption: AddInCaption2 Description: AddInDesc2 HookType: 15 ObjectName: AddIn2.class2 Parameter: 1 W...

Filtering data based on historical values
Hello everyone, I am trying to sort a list of temperatures to analyze a chillers operation. The chiller turns on when the outside air temperature is 80, and turns off when the outside air temperature is 70. I am trying to find the time when the chiller is on (temperature was above 80 and didn't drop below 70) and the temperature is between 70 and 75. All I need is excel to display a 1 if it is on (and between 70-75) or 0 if off, because every 1 is a unit of time. All the sorts I have tried are unable to look back and see if it was turned on, because it may have been above 80 t...

Variable input to populate data fields
I need some help with the following problem: 1. I have built a s/s that analyzes multiple variables (e.g. cost of sales, SG&A spend, etc.) in a "current state" and "next gen state". The variables are analyzed for a range of company revenue sizes (e.g. >$25M, $25-$100M, $101-$250M, etc.). 2. Based upon the above data, I would like to populate a s/s with that data, dependent upon the input from a third party. For example, if the third party inputs $55M revenues, I would like to populate the sheet with all of the data related to "current state" and &q...

Populate TextBox with Change Event
I have a form with two textboxes. TextBox1 is the row # that contains specific data in that row in column B that I would like to appear in TextBox2. So, everytime I change TextBox1 I would like TextBox2 to change. I need help writing the change event code to select the range with the variable row number in TextBox1. For example, if I change TextBox1 to "3", TextBox2 should populate with data that's located in Range B3 from the sheet. Thank you Here is one way: Private Sub TextBox1_Change() Dim myTxt As String myTxt = Me.TextBox1.Text If Me.Te...

Create a new 2005 data file with 2004 settings.
Hello: I am using Money 2004. I would like to create a new data file for 2005 but retain my settings from the 2004 data file I currently have. Is there a way to do this? Basically I need to use the 2004 data file settings as a template for 2005. I want to retain my accounts, and various lists... Thanks Harold In microsoft.public.money, harold wrote: > >I am using Money 2004. I would like to create a new data file for 2005 but >retain my settings from the 2004 data file I currently have. Is there a way >to do this? Basically I need to use the 2004 data file settings as a ...

Copying data
Hi How do I set up a drop down list (Sales April, May, June ect) to copy data from 1 column to another in a specified location? Thanks Andre You can use and Advanced Filter to copy data from one location to another. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html Also, there are sample files here that use Data Validation to create dropdown lists, and Advanced Filter to extract data: http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html Under Filters, look for 'Product List by Category ' Andre wrote: > How do I set u...

Recover data
When I opened a workbook I had linked data in, I found the linked data gone! vanished! My coworker says she did not move, rename, or remove any of the source files. Is there a method in 2007 that would save a backup somewhere or do I have to reenter/relink this data. GRRRRR -- Janet A. The linked data is gone but are the linking formulas still there? If not, someone has deleted the links then saved. Unless you have a backup copy, you are outtaluck. If formulas still there do you get any errors in the cells? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 12:30:03 -0800, Janet A. Thom...

I get an error when sending sheet via email
I am running office 2000. I recently updated Outlook to Outlook2003. Now, none of the other applications can email. When I click the icon I get an error that the email application can not be found. I was able to send an excel sheet as an attachment, but I need to be able to send as the message body. Any help would be great. Thanks Marty Hi Marty See number 3 http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm A workaround is to use my Add-in (Outlook version) http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Marty" <Martyr@peerohio.com...

Help needed for system restore!
I need help concerning system restore. I tried several times to run it, and I've even checked to make sure that it was turned on, but it still gives me the sign "yor computer cannot be restore, does anyone know why this happens, and what is the remedy for this? James James wrote: > I need help concerning system restore. I tried several times to run > it, and I've even checked to make sure that it was turned on, but it > still gives me the sign "yor computer cannot be restore, does anyone > know why this happens, and what is the remedy for this? Plea...

Multiple data on 2 carts
I have a spreadsheet with a column of data that is either O or N. The 2nd column is Either F or A The 3rd is the date. The fourth is a temperature. I am supposed to produce seperate line charts. One for the O and one for the N I set up the auto sort feature which works great, but I have to produce 2 seperate charts, one showing the trend in "N" and one for the "O". I had it done originally with a line graph showing the N and O. THe data is so close that it blends together. With the auto sort I can only show one at a time. Is there a way to show the N on one cha...

Extract data from web
HI, I would like to extract data from below given site through web query. It needs to input date of query. HOw this can be possible through VBA?. I tried to record macro and run it but not successful. The web address is; http://www.moneycontrol.com/stocks/marketstats/blockdeals/index.php Thank you for your hlp. Try this Sub CNBC() URL = "http://www.moneycontrol.com/stocks/marketstats/" & _ "blockdeals/index.php" Set IE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application") IE.Visible = True 'get web page IE.navigate2 URL &...

European Version of Excel different from North American?
Hi, I have a user who has received a spreadsheet from Ireland, and it contains formulas that I haven't seen before. Either the formulas are wrong or they are able to use different forumulas out there (we are located in Canada). For example: ='PV ORIGINAL'!D19 Any suggestions? Hi In this particular case this is not a formula but a simple reference to a cell D19 from another worksheet named PV ORIGINAL in the same workbook. HTH Cordially Pascal "ryandelage" <ryandelage@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news:BEC41365-BC74-42E5-967A-EBCFB1F027...

Need help changing a line of vb code
Our programmer is on vacation for a couple of weeks and I can't wait that long to fix it. This should be as simple as changing one line of vb code from ProductAvailability to PackQuantity and I was hoping someone could tell me where to find that in my file so I can make that change. Because of this glitch (my fault I told programmer to update using the wrong field) i really messed up some stuff. The problem exactly is a field in the mdb CaseQty is being updated by the wrong field in the xml It is updating from <SupplyDetail> <ProductAvailability>40</ProductAvai...

transfer data to a different format
Hi all Please help!!! Is it possible to transfer data from one sheet to another when th sheets contain data refering to dates in accompanying cells. The data transfered should appear as a "1" alongside the date and nam of the person it's regarding. Example: Worksheet 1 If cell A1 = 01/02/04 and B1 = John Doe If cell A2 = 03/02/04 and B2 = Micky If cell A3 = 04/02/04 and B3 = Donald Then Worksheet 2 A2 = John Doe and B1 = 01/02/04 and B2 = 1 A3 = Micky and C1 = 03/02/04 and C3 = 1 A4 = Donald and D1 = 04/02/04 and D4 = 1 Thankyou Joe -- Message posted from http...

To allow a different unit of measure when using SOP/POP Commitment
Would like the ability to use a different unit of measure for Inventoried Items when using SOP/POP Commitments. For example, if I have an Item on a Purchase Order where I am ordering 2 Cases (1 Case equals 10 Each), I would like to link the Item on the Sales Order document where all quantities of 10 Each are back ordered to the Purchase Order Item. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, f...

Chart Shows data wrong way around
Hi, I have this strange problem with a simple chart. Y Axis shows correct =A30.00 - and scaling upwards. X Axis is the problem. As you look at the chart the X axis displays the days correct 1 2 3 4 5 and so on. Now the problem is the actual bars read right to left, so day 1 has the bar over it for the last day and the last day has the bar for day 1. I am no way an Excel expert :) so if this is something very obvious then "opps" but any help is much appreciated on how to have them matching up correctly. I don't know why yours is backwards. If it is a horizontal bar chart, th...

Difference between Activesheet.unprotect
Using XL 2003 Can someone explain the differences between: (A) ActiveSheet.Protect UserInterfaceOnly:=True vs. (B) ActiveSheet.Unprotect In most cases where I have protected sheets, I can use (A) with no problems. When attempting to use a macro to first delete then re-establish data validation with different parameters (in a selected Range), I ran into a type of " lost contact with X or Y error". If I manually unprotected the sheet then ran the macro all was OK. What I found was Test Sub1() ActiveSheet.Unprotect .. .. "Data validation via ...

column mapping from on sheet to the next
What is the fastest/easiest way to take data from one Excel sheet in columns A, B, C, ...etc. and load it in another sheet in order I, J, A, C, K, G etc (with some columns being left unused as they don't exist in the source sheet). I have ten of those workbooks in order of A, B, C ...etc. and need to bring them (after some column manipulation) into a single new workbook. I am now thinking to copy and paste all ten of those workbooks into one, do the data manipulation (i.e. separating last name and first name etc) and then just cut and paste columns in the needed order. But I was hoping ...

need a macro...
hi am i the need of a mactro My requirement is to check whether the review sheets are complete.Certain columns should be filled after review,both by the reviewer and the one whose work is being reviewed. my input is an excel sheet with a column containing the name of the review sheets. My macro should open these sheets one by one and check whether those columns are filled properly,if not indicate by some means. to automate the manual checking whether the review sheets are completely filled... can anyone help in this ...

Missing data
-- I have taken on a database from someone else but when it is opened there are no records showing. If I open it holding the shift key I can access all records. how can I change the properties to see records on open without holding shift. Jamie -- All OK I have found my own solution. Filter sort was applied. Jamie "Jamie" wrote: > > -- I have taken on a database from someone else but when it is opened there > are no records showing. If I open it holding the shift key I can access all > records. how can I change the properties to see records on open without &g...

using data from two tables
hello kind folks who have vast knowledge... I have a table of students who are employed by various companies. The table has a field where the employer's name is entered. AND I have a separate table of employer company details. I would like to be able to create a query that gives me the student names, their employer's name, and their employer's details. The employer's names are entered identically in the fields of both tables (ie spelling etc)... It seems like a simple problem but I just don't seem to be able to figure out how to do it.. any advice wo...