Need to get slope of peaks on excel graph

I have a graph with many peaks which are decreasing logarithmically and i
need to get the slope of these peaks ignoring the "Noise" which is below
these peaks.

Any suggestions ???
0
Capillod (4)

Sorry I probaly didnt word the question well. My graph has many peaks e.g.
20 peaks, each one smaller than the previous one. What i am trying to do is
draw a lins through the top of these peaks and then get the slope of this
line.

I have tried using the trendling but with no success. It does give me ths
slope of the whole graph which is useful but not what i am looking for.
Regards

Capillod

"Capillod" wrote:

> I have a graph with many peaks which are decreasing logarithmically and i
> need to get the slope of these peaks ignoring the "Noise" which is below
> these peaks.
>
> Any suggestions ???
0
Capillod (4)
<head>
</head>
capillod wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">Sorry I probaly didnt word the question well. My graph has many peaks e.g.
20 peaks, each one smaller than the previous one. What i am trying to do is
draw a lins through the top of these peaks and then get the slope of this
line.

I have tried using the trendling but with no success. It does give me ths
slope of the whole graph which is useful but not what i am looking for.
Regards

Capillod

"Capillod" wrote:

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">I have a graph with many peaks which are decreasing logarithmically and i
need to get the slope of these peaks ignoring the "Noise" which is below
these peaks.

Any suggestions ???
    </pre>
Can you create a helper column which contains only the data points for
the peaks.  Then plot that on your chart also (in some invisible color
if you wish) and put a trend line through them, rather than through all
your data points.<br>
For a one time use you can probably manually copy over a few relevant
peak data points easiest.  If this is some repeated process you want to
automate then you should be able to automatically copy over only the
points immediately following a change in sign of the slope or some such.<br>
Good luck....<br>
Bill<br>
0
wylie836 (251)
5/13/2005 1:42:46 PM
You have what looks like a decaying harmonic process.  Something like
amplitude versus time.. Assume that times are in A1 through A1000.  Assume
that amplitudes are in B1 through B1000.  In column C2 enter  =B2-B1 and copy
the formula down.  Column C will show if you are ascending or descending.

 In Column D3 enter    =IF(AND(C3<0,C2>0),1,0)
Column D will have zeros everywhere except just after the peaks it will have
ones.

Use Tools -> Filter to see only the peaks.  Plot this and measure the slope.

--
Gary's Student

"Bill Martin -- (Remove NOSPAM from addre" wrote:

> <head>
> </head>
> capillod wrote:
>  type="cite">
>   <pre wrap="">Sorry I probaly didnt word the question well. My graph has many peaks e.g.
> 20 peaks, each one smaller than the previous one. What i am trying to do is
> draw a lins through the top of these peaks and then get the slope of this
> line.
>
> I have tried using the trendling but with no success. It does give me ths
> slope of the whole graph which is useful but not what i am looking for.
> Regards
>
> Capillod
>
> "Capillod" wrote:
>
>   </pre>
>     <pre wrap="">I have a graph with many peaks which are decreasing logarithmically and i
> need to get the slope of these peaks ignoring the "Noise" which is below
> these peaks.
>
> Any suggestions ???
>     </pre>
> Can you create a helper column which contains only the data points for
> the peaks.  Then plot that on your chart also (in some invisible color
> if you wish) and put a trend line through them, rather than through all
> your data points.<br>
> For a one time use you can probably manually copy over a few relevant
> peak data points easiest.  If this is some repeated process you want to
> automate then you should be able to automatically copy over only the
> points immediately following a change in sign of the slope or some such.<br>
> Good luck....<br>
> Bill<br>

0
GarysStudent (1572)

Excel 97 dropdown function box
The dropdown function box on the Formula Bar show formulas but will no longer show "More Functions". How can I get this item back? ...

Need help getting files from Exchange Server.
We have a computer that had an account on Outlook attached to a Microsoft exchange server. Apparently for the moment, this computer and the server are inextricably tied together. Outlook cannot even be started without logging into the server because information store or whatever is missing. How do you get the information out of the exchange server to wean the computer from it? tom <Spamblocker@ameritech.net> wrote: > We have a computer that had an account on Outlook > attached to a Microsoft exchange server. > > Apparently for the moment, this computer and the > se...

How to get TASK_ID field for summary tasks without using Project.a
I know for tasks which are not summary tasks we can get TASK_ID field using statusing web service. But i could nto find any other options than Project web service to get TASK_ID field for summary tasks and the top level project task. Problem of using Project web service is that in my custom sharedpoint web part where we are using PSI web services we get all the data required using Resource and Statusing web service for the logged in resource. But Statusing web service retrieves TASK_ID only for actual tasks and not for summary tasks. Now just to get TASK_ID of summary tas...

generate report thru pracle to excell
Recently i upgraded to ms office 2003 since then I'm not able to generate reports thru oracle unto excell (online ). But when I log in an administrator in the local system I'm able to generate the report. the same does not happen with domain users ...

Can't get the proper display of a field in my report.
I have 2 tables, both using autonumbers for their primary key. The first table is for contacts (i.e. last name, first name, etc.). The second table is for businesses (business name, etc.) I have a field in my contacts table that has a number format so it can be used as a foreign key for the business table. I then set up the relationship between them & enforced referential integrity. When I run a query, I see the name of the business (after setting up a combo box) - no problem. When I run a report based on that query, a number is displayed (not the business name). Suggestions, pleas...

Vertical Header in Excel
Is there a way to make a header in excel run down the side of the spreadsheet (vertical header)? You can freeze panes so that certain columns are always visible. Is that what you meant? If yes, then make sure the column(s) that should be visible is showing. Then select the column to the right and window|Freeze Panes (in xl2003 menus) For instance if I wanted column A to be always visible, I would make sure column A is visible to start. Then select column B and window|freeze Panes. On 05/18/2010 09:09, Erika wrote: > Is there a way to make a header in excel run do...

finding the area under the curve in a graph in excel
Need help having excel calculate the total area under the curve of a graph in excel. Have a look at Bernard Liengme's website: http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/ HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Need help having excel calculate the total area under the curve of a graph in >excel. >. > ...

Excel 2003 file freezes laptop
I took a laptop away from the office and tried to open a large spreadsheet on the local C: drive. Each time I tried the laptop froze and had to be rebooted. When I connected back to the LAN at work, and opened the same file on the local C: drive I had no problems. What could cause this? If there is any corruption is there a way to decompile or something as you would in Access? Thanks, Mich ...

How to slant cells in Excel on top of chart at about 45 degrees
Trying to make a chart and slant cells at the top at about a 45 degree angle with borders and still be able to type into it. Is this possible? ckricci Wrote: > Trying to make a chart and slant cells at the top at about a 45 degree > angle > with borders and still be able to type into it. Is this possible? HI ckricci Try Format > Cells > Alignment Tab and set the Orientation to 45 degress -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2...

Pasting Graphs as Pictures in Excel
In an attempt to save file size, I would like to use paste special to past Excel graphs as pictures within Excel. I know you can paste special as pictures within PPT, but is it possible to do it within Excel???? Not sure if that can be done, what I do is cop the graph, open mspaint paste, select it again copy and paste back into excel, it does it as an image -- -John Please rate when your question is answered to help us and others know what is helpful. "andy.hogan@gmail.com" wrote: > In an attempt to save file size, I would like to use paste special to > past Excel gra...

Displaying a dataset or datatable in Excel
There's something I think ought to be easy, but I can't find a way to do it. Either there's something wrong with the way I'm searching, or there's a reason it can't be done easily. What I want is to create an excel addin that, when the user opens a spreadsheet , it goes out and fetches some data from a database, and displays it in a table. Pretty straightforward. Here's some code: void Application_WorkbookOpen(Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Workbook wb) {//I've also attached this to other events. The "open" event isn't...

Syntax for Re-registration of Excell
Windows 2000, Excel v8. Does anyone know the syntax for re-registration with Windows? We get a file already open error every time we launch a SS without opening the app first. Had a similiar problem with Word and fixed it with Winword /r. Thanks! Hi first you may check: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > Windows 2000, Excel v8. Does anyone know the syntax for > re-registration with Windows? We get a file already open > error every time we launch a SS without opening t...

Data changes when Analyzed with Excel
I have a query with 3 tables that represent master item list, count qty and as qty. When I look at the results in Query, all is well and accurate yet when I select Analyze with Excel, values change. For example, if a record shows zero qty in the as of field and zero quantity in the count field, I get a value in one or both of the fields that origianlly were zero. Other than linking the tables and grouping by master item list (to show all parts regardless of qty's), there are no formulas or expressions in this query. One of the tables is linked to a FoxPro table via ODBC driver. ...

Recovery excel file
Anybody knows if there is any free tools to recover a advanced excel file (using macro, graphics, formulas, and several formats)???????? Tks, Marcelo Rayol ...

Printing in excel always comes out in bold even tho bold not on
When I print in excel my work always comes out in bold even though the bold is not switched on. Any suggestions?? It could be a printer setting. Does it print in bold from other applications? Regards, Fred "Scarlett50" <Scarlett50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF3BAEA1-4D22-449E-BB8F-31DD8855AF20@microsoft.com... > When I print in excel my work always comes out in bold even though the > bold > is not switched on. Any suggestions?? No only when I have to type a report in excel - the actual report is ok on other computers! but...

Powerpoint with Excel formatted information
My team has an excel file with Text and Icons in a status report format. We use it to copy and insert paste into Powerpoint. After copying into Powerpoint, I try to select it and edit but powerpoint gives an error that says: "There isn't enough memory available to read the Excel file" Other team members use this same excel template and powerpoint and they can edit the information after it is copied to powerpoint. And I can use their files and they work fine. Only one team member has this issue so somehow this person's excel file is using a massi...

how do I open excel workbook If i forget my workbook password
I made programm with a lot of formuals so I've put password on the workbook, because I did not wanted to earase formulas accidently,but now I can't open it because I forget the password. Thanks for help Hi search Google for 'Excel password remover' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "av8rart" <av8rart@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D2443918-FEF4-41E6-92C4-9B19A293778A@microsoft.com... > I made programm with a lot of formuals so I've put password on the workbook, >...

Excel calculates wrong ????
I have had no luck figuring this out... I have a list of 8 positive and negative numbers that 2 decimal place each. The numbers sum to zero confirmed by a calculator, however exce sums them to (2.55654899E12). I do not know why excel calculates the with a small value left that is denoted by scientific notation. I checked the value of each number to ensure that it did not includ any extra decimals, and I even re-typed them. I have had this happen with several other lists of numbers that are n brainers to calculate, and excel added extra scientific notation to th total. I have no idea why ...

Output to excel ==> replace worksheet
Usually out to excel will replace a workbook.Can we make it to replace worksheet only.Thank's "shiro" <shiro@myname?.com> wrote in message news:umONlZiRIHA.4584@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Usually out to excel will replace a workbook.Can we make it > to replace worksheet only.Thank's How about, just replacing the contents of a cell, or cells? Dim appXL As Object Dim wkb As Object Dim wks As Object Set appXL = CreateObject("Excel.Application") Set wkb = appXL.Workbooks.Open("C:\MyFolder\MyWorkBook.xls") Set wks = wkb.Worksheets(1) wks.Cell...

IN EXCEL, WHEN I CLICK ONA SINGLE CELL It HIGHLIGHTS WHOLE Page
please help Hi maybe: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "confused" <confused@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:36180425-96C2-4368-9DE0-3E60741154FF@microsoft.com... > please help Just click on a cell and nothing else? Or perhaps you mean click on a cell then as you move the cursor around other cells are selected like the cursor is stuck? If the former, you must have some event code which selects the cells or you are clicking on the gray box at intersect of rows and columns(top left above ro...

Getting a script error in Outlook 2003 after uninstalling CRM 1.2
I uninstalled the Outlook CRM client from my computer and now whenever I try and complete a task in Outlook the script debugger opens and then gives me an error saying ActiveX could not open object, crmaddin.UIutil Line No2. Any ideas. I do not see any CRM addin in the adin manager Bryan ...

How to get the handle of a Help file belonging to other process.
Hi all, In my application,I want to change the Index of a HTMLHELP file which belongs to a dialog running in other exe.In order to do this I need to find whether the Help file is open or not & get the handle of that to use HH_DISPLAY_INDEX .Is there any way to do this?? Note: I dont want to use FindWindow() as it is giving rise to some problems in my application.. Thanks in advance ...

copy a pdf graph into a word document
I'm trying to copy and paste a graph from a pdf document into a Word document. My operating system is Windows Vista. I've tried to print from the pdf document but nothing happens. I have several graphs that I need and don't want to have to copy them all out by hand. Any help would be most gratefully accepted. My email address is: hokokeha@hotmail.com Thanks in advance Hi, BernieMurray, Is the real problem that you are unable to print the PDF? Are you using Word to try to work around that problem? -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so a...

excel v4
Does anyone know when Version 4 of Excel was introduced and/or retired http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/index.htm -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:042201c39e64$4f4d9ab0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know when Versi...