Need to convert point on screen to various screen resolutions

Let's say you click on a button on your screen at 1000,2500 TWIPS and your
resolution is 800 X 600. Now you change your screen resolution to 1024 X 768
and you need to click on the same button in it's new location on the screen.
Who's 100 times smarter than I am and can do some tricky math that will tell
me the TWIPS to find that button?

I'd ned to do the same calculation for other screen resolutions like 640 X
480 etc.

0
diy (16)

http://www.applecore99.com/api/api012.asp

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Donna YaWanna" <diy@mdahospital.com> wrote in message
> Let's say you click on a button on your screen at 1000,2500 TWIPS and your
> resolution is 800 X 600. Now you change your screen resolution to 1024 X
768
> and you need to click on the same button in it's new location on the
screen.
> Who's 100 times smarter than I am and can do some tricky math that will
tell
> me the TWIPS to find that button?
>
> I'd ned to do the same calculation for other screen resolutions like 640 X
> 480 etc.

0
twogilvy (1078)
10/25/2005 1:52:52 PM
You looking for something like this?
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=210590
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q94927

"Donna YaWanna" wrote:

> Let's say you click on a button on your screen at 1000,2500 TWIPS and your
> resolution is 800 X 600. Now you change your screen resolution to 1024 X 768
> and you need to click on the same button in it's new location on the screen.
> Who's 100 times smarter than I am and can do some tricky math that will tell
> me the TWIPS to find that button?
>
> I'd ned to do the same calculation for other screen resolutions like 640 X
> 480 etc.

0
saintolaf (56)
10/25/2005 1:56:09 PM
Suppose, also, that I'm an idiot and don't understand a word of the web
pages Mike was kind enough to send me.  Can you do this same thing in Excel
with formulas?

"Mike" <saintolaf@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> You looking for something like this?
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=210590
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q94927
>
> "Donna YaWanna" wrote:
>
> > Let's say you click on a button on your screen at 1000,2500 TWIPS and
your
> > resolution is 800 X 600. Now you change your screen resolution to 1024 X
768
> > and you need to click on the same button in it's new location on the
screen.
> > Who's 100 times smarter than I am and can do some tricky math that will
tell
> > me the TWIPS to find that button?
> >
> > I'd ned to do the same calculation for other screen resolutions like 640
> > 480 etc.

0
diy (16)
10/25/2005 2:04:42 PM
Sorry no time. I just received a winrunner project.

"Donna YaWanna" wrote:

> Suppose, also, that I'm an idiot and don't understand a word of the web
> pages Mike was kind enough to send me.  Can you do this same thing in Excel
> with formulas?
>

> "Mike" <saintolaf@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > You looking for something like this?
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q94927
> >
> > "Donna YaWanna" wrote:
> >
> > > Let's say you click on a button on your screen at 1000,2500 TWIPS and
> your
> > > resolution is 800 X 600. Now you change your screen resolution to 1024 X
> 768
> > > and you need to click on the same button in it's new location on the
> screen.
> > > Who's 100 times smarter than I am and can do some tricky math that will
> tell
> > > me the TWIPS to find that button?
> > >
> > > I'd ned to do the same calculation for other screen resolutions like 640
> > > 480 etc.

0
saintolaf (56)
10/25/2005 2:24:04 PM
Does anybody know how to do this?

> Sorry no time. I just received a winrunner project.
>
> "Donna YaWanna" wrote:
>
> > Suppose, also, that I'm an idiot and don't understand a word of the web
> > pages Mike was kind enough to send me.  Can you do this same thing in
Excel
> > with formulas?
> >

> > "Mike" <saintolaf@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > You looking for something like this?
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=210590
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q94927

> > your
> > 768
> > screen.
> > tell

0
diy (16)

Formatting help needed
I have started an extremely basic sheet and only want to put opening times of buildings, eg.. 2 - 5 but cannot get rid of 2-May. I've tried using general in category but still get 2-May instead of 2 - 5. Can you help? -- Lynne Mawson Manchester Try changing the formatting to Text. You will need to retype it in. "Lynne Mawson" wrote: > I have started an extremely basic sheet and only want to put opening times of > buildings, eg.. 2 - 5 but cannot get rid of 2-May. I've tried using general > in category but still get 2-May instead of 2 - 5. Can you help?...

What is needed at start up?
Hi Vista Home Premium 32bit-was running slow so I checked what was running at start up. I got rid of some obvious ones but not sure what needs to be left. I tried to copy and paste the start up log but it won't allow me to do it. I did some screen grabs into Word but it doesn't seem to attach properly. Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted. Even some idea of the type of thing I should not touch or types of thing I just don't need ...maybe Quicktime or Realplayer, Thanks in anticipation Sina +--------------------------------------------------------...

convert text & multiply
Is it possible to create a function/formula which will count certain text in a row and then convert them to a value and allow it to be multiplied by a value? > e.g. E DO L OD E L DO (count the text E, L, OD ignoring DO) the value of these being 7.5 then multiplied by the amount of times they appear e.g. 5x7.5 = 37.5. Are these text values in one cell or are they spread out like A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 F1 G1 E DO L OD E L DO if so you could use =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:G1={"E";"L";"OD"}))*7.5 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "...

Converting Access Forms to Webforms
Hello, I've scanned through the forums here and didn't notice any up-to-date links for my answer, so I thought I'd post my question and see if I could get any response that I could understand, lol. I have several databases that individuals use with user interfaces (forms) that I would love to be able to convert, and still retain their functionality with the database, to a webpage. How can I successfully do this? The forms themselves are a lot of work in combination with queries and reports, and I'd rather not have to recode them all if possible. If this is possible, ...

Can I convert a publisher file to a Adobe PDF? #2
Can I convert a publisher file to a Adobe PDF? I hear an echo.................. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Mel" <Mel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A31BB3DC-8E27-41FB-9CAA-632F58580608@microsoft.com... > Can I convert a publisher file to a Adobe PDF? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.788 / Virus Database: 533 - Release Date: 11/1/2004 It's a good idea to wait at least a day after posting. News Groups are "world wide" and the individua...

Use the "mouse over" event to exclude a data point from a series
I'm relatively new to excel macros and would greatly appreciate any help. In an Excel scatter chart, if I move the mouse over a data point, a "tool-tip text" or a "hover text" appears. Is there a way to intercept this event programmatically to exclude the data point from the series and then have the chart re-drawn? Randall - I just wrote an article about chart events in Excel (mouse-overs, etc.), which doesn't tell you exactly how to exclude a point, but it can at least tell you which point it was, and some more detailed code could remove it. The article is in...

Need help with DST
After applying DST uptades at the O.S level and on Exchange Servers, Users are reporting meeting organizer is change after the update, and strange clock icon next to the appoinments, and duplicate appoinments entries in Outlook. Does anyone know how to fix the above issue? What additional updates do I need after patching OS and Exchage server with latest DST patches? Any help is appreciated. Thanks Have you rebased appointments already? This may help: http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2007/02/dst-2007-understanding-what-needs-to-be.html -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com ...

Touch Screen Recommendations
Does anyone have any touch screen recommendations? This includes hardware and anything that would be important to know in setting them up. Thanks. The ELO's are VERY nice worked great so far J "Doug W" <doug.wiesner@PTDTechnology.com> wrote in message news:29ceb7c9.0408310719.2f13a31c@posting.google.com... > Does anyone have any touch screen recommendations? This includes > hardware and anything that would be important to know in setting them > up. > > Thanks. Try CRS IT 2000 15" Touch and computer all in one. "ParkRanger" <bfgpaint...

Help needed with restoring from backup
Hello all, I have a Small Business Server 2008 Standard that had a failed data hard drive. The failed drive is 1 Tb and only held 189 Gb of information. I have replaced the bad drive with a 500 Gb but I cannot restore to it becasue the size of the original drive is larger. It doesn't seem to matter that there is not very much data involved. How can I overcome the 1 Tb requirement for a replacement HDD. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0051_01CA720E.30D3B590 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: ...

Converting char * to LPWCSTR
Hello, I was curious how I would go about converting a char * into a LPWCSTR. Thanks "sleepster" <jonxboy01@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1138853382.495830.191280@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hello, I was curious how I would go about converting a char * into a > LPWCSTR. > char *pStr = "This is an ANSI string"; CStringW strW (pStr); LPWCSTR pWideStr = (LPWCSTR) strW; -- David http://www.dcsoft.com On 1 Feb 2006 20:09:42 -0800, "sleepster" <jonxboy01@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hello, I was curious how I would go about converting ...

Office 2003/XP/2000 to be converted to 97
I created add-ins (Excel & PowerPoint) for Office 97/2000/XP/2003. Each client may have different machines with different Office versions. If a user has Office 2003 and wants to give the Excel Workbook or Power Point Presentation to a user with office 2000, do I have to use the following command ? activeworkbook.saveas "C:\aa.xls", xls9795 (I don't remember exactly the parameter) I noticed that by saving it like this, especially the presentations, their size becomes 3/4 times more (from 4MB it becomes 12MB). What are your suggestions ? "Save As" changes the file...

Need to convert multiple phone number styles in CRM 3.0
Hi, I have imported phone numbers from many different sources and they are all formatted a little different. Ex: 123.456.7890, (123) 456-7890, 123-456-7890, etc. I need to convert them to one format like (111) 222-3333 x44444. I have run into a wall in attempting to do this. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. -- Thanks, Andrew Hallock The Primas Group Well, first, you need to put phone formatting JScript into your forms to ensure ongoing edits are formatted in a consistent manner. Then, you need to tackle the exisitng data. This can be done in a variety of manners, but you wil...

need to reducing pages....i need to put the bottom part of a page.
i am working with three colums...i am down to cell 18,000...when i print my workbook it comes to 247 pages. what i want to do is put two pages that are portrait together on one page...maybe make them landscape so that i am printing less pages. also, i want to print on both sides of the page...please help If I may editorialize for a moment: is anyone actually going to read 247 pages of data? One solution may be to open a new tab within your workbook, summarize the two pages of data, and print from there. That will be much more manageable. As for printing both sides, you'll need to...

Exchange 2K - Employee investigation
We have an employee suspected of some wrongdoings and to facilitate an internal investigation we must have full access to her mailbox - everything she's done in Outlook for the past year. How can we extract all e-mail (sent, received, deleted, etc...) from her mailbox? We're running Exchange 2000. Detailed explanations would be helpful as I'm not a seasoned Exchange admin. Thanks. You can use Exmerge to extract all of the mailbox info to a pst. Microsoft's website will have info on Exmerge, if you cannot find it there let me know and I will get it to you. "Angry Ma...

Do I need ADC? #2
to access Exch5.5 mailboxes in Windows 2003 AD (interim mode) + NT4 BDC environment? You don't need the ADC just for users to access the mailbox, but I recommend you look at configuring it so that it synchronizes the Exchange 5.5 mailbox attributes with the user accounts in Active Directory. Run the Wizards under ADC Tools first to make sure that you have one mailbox per one user account. When you get ready to install E2K3, you can install it in to the existing 5.5 organization and easily move the mailboxes over to E2K3. -- Jim McBee Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com...

Help needed for sorting the data and plotting graph
Hi All, I am a newbie to the excel world. I have requirement of analysing some data that I will obtain from symbian profiler. I will be having a .txt file with values seperated with tabs so that it can be directly open in excel. In that I have around 25 colums, first being sample interval and rest are having data. My requirement is to plot a graph against the sample interval with data from 2 colums. I can specify the column name for plotting purpose. Once I plot the graph I should be able to calculate the average value of one series for those interval in which the other plotted series is cross...

Need help with code
I have a problem and I hope someone can help with it. I have a form with a bunch of Checkboxes. And I have 3 Option buttons: Select All, Make Selection and Clear All, and 2 buttons. The buttons are disabled. Slect All checks all the CheckBoxes and enable the buttons, Clear All uncheck all the CheckBoxes and disable the buttons. Make Selection is surposed to uncheck all the CheckBoxes with the buttons still disabled. What I want to do next is this, any time a checkbox is checked I want the 2 buttons to become enabled and if no checkbox is checked I want the 2 buttons to be disabled....

Which dictionary files are needed for which modules?
I'm looking at cutting down the number of dictionary files that GP loads for our users on startup. I have a listing of which modules we have registered and actually use, and I have a list of dictionary files (along with their associated report and form dictionaries). Does anyone have a mapping between the two? Some are obvious, but short of spending a week mapping out all of the menues and then removing the dictionaries one by one to see where everything is, I'm hoping someone (Microsoft maybe?) has a listing of which modules are in each dictionary. Thanks! Tools-setup-syst...

Any need anymore for the alternate db in CRM4.0?
A problem with CRM 3.0 existed where in order to restrict access to certain records when printing, or exporting, you had to apply a hotfix they provided, then you had to create and alternate database ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/911022 ) and have your primary crm database dump out to that alternate database as frequent as possible. It was a terrible fix for many reasons, but was unavoidable. In CRM 4, is this resolved? I'm planning on upgrading in 1 week, and would like to know if I can get rid of that routine that does a backup and alternate restore of the CRM data. -- S...

Convert Works file to Excel file
Is there a simple conversion package to convert a Microsoft Works file, with extension .xlr, to an Excel file? Is there a download? Note I am running Excel 2002. ...

I NEED A REALLY HELP FROM A MVP (PLZ HELP ME !!!)
I have the Access 2000 and the VB6. I have made a test application with these two products: I have made a form with an Image control that have an stretched big image (a .jpg file 50 Kb). I have put in this form a command button that opens another empty form that cover the first form. When I uncover the Form1 i see : 1) in VB the image and the button repainted again (!!!) That is in the beggining i cant see nothing. 2) in Access the image and button dont repainted. When i put 5-6 images on the form, then the repainting hold for about 2 seconds(!!!!) in the VB Form but in the Access nothing re...

Complicated text to date query
HIya, I've inherited a database with three text columns with dates in a text format. In each of these columns the text dates have been added in lots of different formats, e.g. 30409 meaning 03/04/09, so missing the leading zero! or 030409 or 03042009 or 03/04/2009 or 03/04/09 So every way which really... Please help me find an update query, or set of them to get this mish mash of different text formats into a unified short date format in Access 2007. This database is quite large, so no room for manual manipualtions. Thanks Heather I would probably take this in...

Data range need help
Hi I have a problem with external data. In the Data Range Properties, under Data Layout. There are 3 options after 'If the number of rows in the data range changes upon refresh:' 1 - Insert cells for new data, delete unused cells 2 - Insert entire rows for new data, clear unused cells 3 - Overwrite existing cells with new data, clear unused cells. I want option 3 to be the default oprion but it always defaults back to option 2. Is there any way I can change this.?? Cheers Baz ...

Display Transaction Number On Screen?
Is it possible to display the current transaction number on the POS screen? Perhaps up by the date/time?? No. The transaction number is unknown until the transaction Posts - just before the receipt prints. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "El Presidente" <El Presidente@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E06DA72-CCBD-4275-9E08-E3B6663C4A9...

Need help with this code
Thanks for reading this post. What I'm trying to do is to create a "Find" box. I have some code that I picked up and it works great by its self. The problem is that I'm trying to use it as a subform on the main form. What the program does is after you enter the persons last name the program will go and find it. Like I said it works by its self. As a subform all it does is say that there was no match. What I'm also trying to do is when the last name is found on the subform then I want the main form to coincide with the sub. Here is the code. Private Sub txtS...