Need to convert point on screen to various screen resolutions

Let's say you click on a button on your screen at 1000,2500 TWIPS and your
resolution is 800 X 600. Now you change your screen resolution to 1024 X 768
and you need to click on the same button in it's new location on the screen.
Who's 100 times smarter than I am and can do some tricky math that will tell
me the TWIPS to find that button?

I'd ned to do the same calculation for other screen resolutions like 640 X
480 etc.

0
diy (16)

http://www.applecore99.com/api/api012.asp

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Donna YaWanna" <diy@mdahospital.com> wrote in message
> Let's say you click on a button on your screen at 1000,2500 TWIPS and your
> resolution is 800 X 600. Now you change your screen resolution to 1024 X
768
> and you need to click on the same button in it's new location on the
screen.
> Who's 100 times smarter than I am and can do some tricky math that will
tell
> me the TWIPS to find that button?
>
> I'd ned to do the same calculation for other screen resolutions like 640 X
> 480 etc.

0
twogilvy (1078)
10/25/2005 1:52:52 PM
You looking for something like this?
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=210590
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q94927

"Donna YaWanna" wrote:

> Let's say you click on a button on your screen at 1000,2500 TWIPS and your
> resolution is 800 X 600. Now you change your screen resolution to 1024 X 768
> and you need to click on the same button in it's new location on the screen.
> Who's 100 times smarter than I am and can do some tricky math that will tell
> me the TWIPS to find that button?
>
> I'd ned to do the same calculation for other screen resolutions like 640 X
> 480 etc.

0
saintolaf (56)
10/25/2005 1:56:09 PM
Suppose, also, that I'm an idiot and don't understand a word of the web
pages Mike was kind enough to send me.  Can you do this same thing in Excel
with formulas?

"Mike" <saintolaf@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> You looking for something like this?
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=210590
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q94927
>
> "Donna YaWanna" wrote:
>
> > Let's say you click on a button on your screen at 1000,2500 TWIPS and
your
> > resolution is 800 X 600. Now you change your screen resolution to 1024 X
768
> > and you need to click on the same button in it's new location on the
screen.
> > Who's 100 times smarter than I am and can do some tricky math that will
tell
> > me the TWIPS to find that button?
> >
> > I'd ned to do the same calculation for other screen resolutions like 640
> > 480 etc.

0
diy (16)
10/25/2005 2:04:42 PM
Sorry no time. I just received a winrunner project.

"Donna YaWanna" wrote:

> Suppose, also, that I'm an idiot and don't understand a word of the web
> pages Mike was kind enough to send me.  Can you do this same thing in Excel
> with formulas?
>

> "Mike" <saintolaf@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > You looking for something like this?
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q94927
> >
> > "Donna YaWanna" wrote:
> >
> > > Let's say you click on a button on your screen at 1000,2500 TWIPS and
> your
> > > resolution is 800 X 600. Now you change your screen resolution to 1024 X
> 768
> > > and you need to click on the same button in it's new location on the
> screen.
> > > Who's 100 times smarter than I am and can do some tricky math that will
> tell
> > > me the TWIPS to find that button?
> > >
> > > I'd ned to do the same calculation for other screen resolutions like 640
> > > 480 etc.

0
saintolaf (56)
10/25/2005 2:24:04 PM
Does anybody know how to do this?

> Sorry no time. I just received a winrunner project.
>
> "Donna YaWanna" wrote:
>
> > Suppose, also, that I'm an idiot and don't understand a word of the web
> > pages Mike was kind enough to send me.  Can you do this same thing in
Excel
> > with formulas?
> >

> > "Mike" <saintolaf@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > You looking for something like this?
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=210590
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q94927

> > your
> > 768
> > screen.
> > tell

0
diy (16)

show another column when hovering on a point in a chart
Is it possible to show another column when you hover on a point? I have 3 columns, A, B, and C for a scatter plot I have B and C as x and y coordinates of a point, and I'd like to have Excel show A when I hover on the point. thanks, Wei ...

No Form Assistant in Quote Product Screen
While entering data in the QuoteProduct screen, no Form Assistant is available. Is it the usual feature or I need to configure something to view the Form Assistant? Also is it possible to see contact hierarchy in an account in the form of a Organisational Chart? Is their any add-on available in relation to this? ...

in excel how can we put formula to convert numericalfigureto word
for example : in excel i have mention 25000.00 in numerical amount , i want to know how can i convert in next colum , about word ?/; How can i put formula to make the numerical in to words like 25000 in numerical to twenty five thousands in word. There is no direct functions to convert this. For a VBA solution check out the below links http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213360 http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ValueToWords.htm http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "excel" wrote: > for example : > > in excel i hav...

Need online services to the end of the year
I have been a loyal Money customer for years. This morning my Money Plus subscription expired. There seems to be no way to extend it and without it I can't do updates from my bank and credit cards--which I do daily. I understand that everything is shutting down by Jan 11, but it is terrible not to be able to extend basic online services temporarily at least through the end of this year to get me through tax season, etc. and then switch to Quicken at the beginning of 2010. This really sucks! Please, please Microsoft give us at least a stay of exectution through the end of the ye...

How can I convert a timeline to be vertically oriented?
How can I convert a timeline to be vertically oriented? Microsoft says it's possible on a few web pages but I can't find instructions. Which version of Visio are you using? Randall Arnold "Sherry" <nowhere@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ut%23cPHX1DHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How can I convert a timeline to be vertically oriented? Microsoft says it's > possible on a few web pages but I can't find instructions. > > Visio 2000 "Randall Arnold" <rgarnold@cathartis.com_> wrote in message news:#pEeMyY1DHA.1272@TK2MSFTNG...

Need help with formula 01-13-10

Office 2010 Buying Question Assistance Needed
I've been looking through the MS Office 2010 web site to try to determine what my new small company would require, but I can't find the information I need. We for sure would need Office Pro Plus, but other than that I'm not sure. We want to run it on our own server. We will initially have 3-5 people using it and perhaps more later on. Would we need to purchase site licensing? Unfortunately, our programmers are MS haters (I'm not) and I can't get any assistance from them on this, but I have power of the pen. I would appreciate any assistance I can get. Th...

Need help with update sql plus filter
I have the following update sql (copied from the query design view) UPDATE ListQry SET ListQry.ApprovalStatusID = [Forms]![OpeningForm]![Responsibility] WHERE (((ListQry.ApprovalStatusID)<[Forms]![OpeningForm]![Responsibility] And (ListQry.ApprovalStatusID)>-1) AND ((ListQry.OtherStatusID)>300)) OR (((ListQry.ApprovalStatusID)<[Forms]![OpeningForm]![Responsibility] And (ListQry.ApprovalStatusID)>-1) AND ((ListQry.OtherStatusID) Is Null)); ApprovalStatusID is an integer OtherStatusID is an integer ListQry is the recordsource for my form. I would like to add the f...

convert text in excel to uppercase
Is it possible to convert all text in a workbook or on a spreadsheet to all uppercase? In VBA Editor Sub MakeUpper() Dim MySht As Worksheet, MyCell As Range For Each MySht In ThisWorkbook.Sheets For Each MyCell In MySht.UsedRange.Cells MyCell = UCase(MyCell) Next Next End Sub "elaine" wrote: > Is it possible to convert all text in a workbook or on a spreadsheet to all > uppercase? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "elaine" <elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> s...

I can no longer convert my files to pdf

Is there a way to convert OE 03 form templates?
I have a user that has upgraded from outlook 2003 to outlook 2007 and has a form template from 2003 that is in a FDM extension. Outlook 2007 is unable to read this form. Is there a way to convert this form, or will the user just have to create a new form with their new version of outlook? Any information appreciated. Thanks, -AllenK What happens when you try to install the form? Any error message? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.ms...

converting FILETIME into two DWORDS
Hi, i want to extract date and time from a FILETIME structure into two dwords. So that the two dwords contain the date and time info in the same way in which NTFS store the file creation, modification and access date. Thanks. ...

Link to Power Point
Hi, I placed a hyperlink to a powerpoint file on my web page. Upon clicking on the link the "Run/Save" window comes up. Is it possible to just have the Power Point file run without the "Run/Save" window coming up? If so, how? Thanks, -- Phil Posting a question 4 times isn't going to get you an answer any quicker. Try to be a bit more patient. Craig Phil wrote: >Hi, >I placed a hyperlink to a powerpoint file on my web page. Upon clicking on >the link the "Run/Save" window comes up. Is it possible to just have the >P...

Screen Refresh failure
Hi All, I am having a problem with a VB6 app not re-drawing the screen completely. This is a form that has not been changed (either form layout or code) for some time, but is now not re-drawing some controls...some command buttons in a frame are invisible. If I drag another app (eg Notepad) across this part of the form, the controls then re-appear. It appears that Windows is just "forgetting" to refresh this part of the screen! If I include a: Frame.Visible=False Frame.Visible=true in the code wherever any screen updates occur (I have several user-drawn...

List Box Point-to-Select (MouseMove)
I have a list box that shows files from my hard drive. I'd really like to have it select the item being pointed to as I move my mouse pointer over it. I have coded this and it works fine unless the list is scrolled. I need a way to offset my list index to account for how far down the list has been scrolled. I can't find a list box property that will allow me to determine where a scrolled list is positioned. Something giving me the list index of the first visible row would do the trick. I haven't been able to find anything so far. I've tried some VB code that uses the Send...

Media Center Screen Scaling Issue
I have a desktup running 2 screens. My main runs at 1650x1080 and the second is 1280x1024. I always run my media center in a window streched to the max size on the second screen. The problem is that I can't get it to go to 4:3 in windows 7. In Vista I was able to do this by dragging the media center so it was overlapping both screens and then maximising it. That used to make it 4:3 when it was restored but that doesn't seem to work in vista. The first week I was using 7 I did get it to behave but I have no idea how, now it's stuck and I can't seem to fix it. ...

VLookup #VALUE! error help needed to resolve
The following is the funcation I have: =VLOOKUP(B10,'FA CC Summary Report 1141'!F$9:G$92,2,0) I have all the columns formatted the same; as in the column that the function is using to lookup is text and so is the column for this figure in order to pull back the appropriate answer. I have keyed the data instead of having links. I have replaced the final '0' with TRUE & FALSE then put it back. I have formatted the columns for text and for numbers. But I am getting the #VALUE! error in SOME of the cells NOT all of the cells. I don't know what else to d...

cdrom.sys corrupt in Win7
Yesterday Win7 decided to no longer show my 2 LiteOn DVDRW drives. I've tried to re-install/repair the driver (6.1.7600.16385) and everytime I get the same response = my current driver is good. BUT, then when I check with Device Manager, it shows that the drives are not working. Can anyone help me get a new cdrom.sys installed into the system32/drivers folder? Booting up with the Win7 DVD will work. But I can't find the cdrom.sys on the disk. No other repair options are there to get this fixed. Help would certainly be appreciated. I don't want to have to start all o...

How do I convert spreadsheet from Canadian $ to American $?
The Euro conversion is not doing it for me. I am working with Canadian funds and American funds. I am desperate! Assuming the Exchange rate be .70.........type that in an unused cell, say X1, then highlight it Right-click and do Copy, then select the cell(s) with the Canadian funds therein (assuming no formulas) and do Right-click > PasteSpecial > Multiply....... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Samantha" <Samantha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A43A210-BA3E-4ECC-AA07-B81D3A548D73@microsoft.com... > The Euro conversion is not doing it for me. I am...

Need to have more Columns available in advanced view
I know how to add columns in advanced view but i can't add all the columns I'd like to add. I can choose more fields (attributs) as search attributes than as result columns. Is there somewhere a switch to turn a field (attribute) into not only beeing searchable but selectable as a column in advanced search? Example: "Invoice Product": Is there a way to make an advanced search or view which delivers field (attributes) of "Invoice Product" as a result? Marko ...

Simply record expenses in Money 2004
I would like to record my expenses daily, and have Money 2004 calculate the total I spent for the month. My expenses are different every month, and occur a different number of instances each month, so making a budget won't work for me. I won't know what my expenses are, until after I've paid them. I would simply like to record each expense as it happens, and then have Money add up all expenses for each category, as a running total for each category. I've tried doing this by creating a Budget within Money, but I'm forced to choose recurring time periods for when the expen...