Need to automatically input date one time

I'm making a spreadsheet that will automatically check out movies from
my library to friends, family, etc. I would like the spreadsheet to
enter the date as soon as I enter a name. Problem is, any formula
continues to update the date after I put in a name. Does anyone know
how to have the date automatically enter without updating?

---

Hi
Have a look at
for some solutions.

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

> I'm making a spreadsheet that will automatically check out movies
from
> my library to friends, family, etc. I would like the spreadsheet to
> enter the date as soon as I enter a name. Problem is, any formula
> continues to update the date after I put in a name. Does anyone know
> how to have the date automatically enter without updating?
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)

Shared printers automatically adding themselves
I don't know if this is more appropriate for a SBS, Win XP, Vista, 7, or hardware NG, but I'll start here. We have SBS 2008 using a domain and a mix of clients running XP through 7. We have three network printers plus two USB printers that are shared from their host PCs to the network. My problem is that when I log onto a client and look at the list of printers in control panel I will see - 3 network printers - 3 more copies of the network printers for each client (Brother Printer on PC1, Brother Printer on PC2, etc.) - 2 USB printers on their correct host - 2 more cop...

Converting and sorting US dates into European format?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5F7E2.A79C38F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable XPP SP2 Excel 2003 SP2 Hello, I have a long list of dates in US date/time format, ie "11/16/2005 = 11:38:08", that needs to be sorted in date and time order. Preferably, I should also be able to convert this into the European = date/time format of "YYYY-mm-dd hh:mm:sec". How do you do this in the = simplest possible way in Excel? I was thinking that one should possibly first con...

Same info all the time
I want to create a template that has the same info as such in the body, with a few changes when I open it and before I sent it.: Major A June 15th game played on June 21st Closter 4 Old Tappan 6 How can I do this? F1->Templates. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Neil_Dell asked: | I want to create a template that has the same info as such in the | body, with a few changes when I open it and before I sent it.: |...

Do we need to install active sync?
Hi all, We have Exchange 2003 Sp2 frontend and backedn servers. I enabled the mobile function in the global seetings. BTW, do we still need to install active sync in the server ot workstaions? Thanks. In news:CD56A612-B0ED-47F0-9428-0B2584DE3AB4@microsoft.com, Sally <Sally@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi all, > > We have Exchange 2003 Sp2 frontend and backedn servers. I enabled the > mobile function in the global seetings. BTW, do we still need to > install active sync in the server ot workstaions? > > Thanks. You don't install ActiveSync deskt...

Preventing negative total time
In my form I have ID#, Date, Timein and Timeout, total time. I am using the medium time format. I want to prevent the total time from being a negative time. Example is: time in 8:00 am and time out time 3:00 pm total time should be 7 hrs, however if a person enters 8:00 am for time in and 3:00 am for time out I will receive a negative number. I want to alert the person who is entering the time that you cannot enter this time as it is before the time in. Sorry for the confusion. Tom Tom From your description, you have separate fields for date and time (and separate timein and time...

750 KB file saves 10 times longer than a 900 KB file
We use a spreadsheet in our office that has numerous macros. This spreadsheet is approximately 750 kb. I created another file with no macros that is about 900 kb. The 900 kb file saves enormously faster that the 750 kb file with macros I spend a lot of time waiting for these files to save all day long. I have tried moving the macros to another sheet to see if that would help - but it only helped minutely. I have no add-ins checked (I saw that suggestion on another post). Any suggestions are hugely appreciated. Thank you. I've never noticed a difference in time based on if a workbook cont...

Automatic stripping/saving of attachments?
Is there a way on Outlook 2003 to automatically save attachments into a specific directory and to then strip them from the email? I get lots of email of family members and the email will include a couple of pages of text and then normally a load of photos. When I used The Bat! I could set it to save the attachments to a specific directory and it would then strip them from the email, so my mailbox files didn't grow too huge. If ten people send me 1MB of mail, my pst will grow by 10MB whereas in The Bat!, the mailbox folders would only grow by a matter of KB because the files weren't st...

SBS2003 + Internet Explorer
We have a customer who has an SBS 2003 Premium server with ISA 2004 They have just installed a bolt on to Outlook which searches their mailboxes or something. They have discovered that they cannot get this to work unless the untick the 'Use automatic configuration script' in Internet Explorer. Trouble is each time they re-boot a PC the tick comes back, so sounds like it's a policy setting somewhere. What is this ? Where is it configured and what are the implications of turning it off ? Could it be that rather than turn it off whatever it is ought to be con...

text date to date format
I have column filled with: 'Apr 3 2005 4:37PM And I need to change it to: 04/03/05 4:37PM How do I get a textual date column into a sortable date/time column? I'm having problems because it sorts everything by alpha then numeric. For example, I have "Apr 15, 2005" before "Aug 10, 2003". I need to get these sorted by year, month, day...not alphabetically. Thanks in advance for your help! you are right: the filter is not a time but a alpha sort you may change the cell format or copy the value in an other cell and put the new format in the new column. ...

Do NOT want Shape Objects to automatically link
In Word 2007, I have been trying to create a document using the Shapes and Text Box objects. Each time I try to insert another shape or Text box it automatically links to the one before. So when I move one the other one moves and if I delete one the other one is also deleted. I have looked through the options but cannot find why this is happening. I have Word 2007 installed on another computer and it does not do that. Any suggestions as to why or better yet, how can I stop this from happening? Thanks Karen This is a form of document corruption. See http://word.mvps.org...

Missing underline and Date
I am new to Excel and was trying to type a word then do underline after that for a line to write on, but as soon as I click of the cell the line disappears. Why, and can I keep that from happening. Also I would like to be able to add a start date and the other dates automatically follow. Ex: If I type in April 13, 1994 for a Sunday the next day Monday would read April 14, 1994. Is this possible and how is it done in terms a newbie would understand. Don't understand the first part of your question, and the second part is none to clear also. But, as far as dates incrementing: Enter ...

Need to backup Contacts
I am running Outlook 2000 behind Windows ME. I want to make a backup of Contacts but cannot find the location of the file. When I search on *.pab, it returns "not found". I have over 850 entries in Contacts, so I know the file exists somewhere. Any suggestions on where to find or how to back-up? Thanks. Export your contacts folder to a .pst file. The .pab is old and obsolete and has not been used for a number of releases. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all ...

I'm sending 2 (duplicate) emails each time I send emai
I'm using Office 2007, Outlook and, each time I send an email.. the receiver gets two copies.... any thoughts? Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http:/...

Excel Slooooow. It takes 4 to 6 seconds to perform each input or command
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have just installed Excel 2008 on a new installation of Snow Leopard and it does not work properly. It takes ages to register every input or command, like a large Lag. <br><br>EG. each figure or text, input into cells takes 4 seconds from hitting enter to accepting the input. Changing the width of a column takes 6 seconds from letting go of the mouse after dragging to the new width. etc etc. <br><br>I have checked for updates. Any ideas? > I have just installed Excel 2008 on a n...

Flagged message in DRAFTS folder is automatically "complete"
I'm trying to flag messages in my Outlook 2003 Drafts folder aso they show up in "For Follow Up" and I remember to complete them. Unfortuantely the flag is automatically set to complete and cannot be changed in the right click menu Igrayed out). Does anyone have a solution for this? Hmmm... It works here. Are you using a pst or Exchange account? Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http:...

Investors Needed!!! #5
INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY! Fork It Over! a Ground Floor Unique Dimension & Concept In the Children's Entertainment Market... For More information http://www.kidseyeview.us ...

cannot copy from one pub to another
all of a sudden, i cannot copy and paste from one ms pub publication to another ms pub publication. here's what i've done: i ran disk cleanup. i ran norton live update. i ran windows update. i ran office 2000 update. i ran detect and repair inside help in pub 2000. none of the above helped. you said "is clipboard set to automatic in computer services?" can you tell me where computer services is? i looked in control panel, administrative tools, component services and computer management. I ended up in console root, component services, computers, my computer, found ms pu...

time entery to the cell
any one can help me how to make the cell automatically take from the time of the computer... because i am using the timesheet tha can download from office online but the problem isour staff are key-in the correct time for there time in or time out... what i want is no need for them to enter the time, they just click the time in or time cell the time of the computer will be recorded to the cell.... Thanks a lot to all the expert that very helpfull..... jeff Hi see: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html for entering a timestamp automatically then a cell changes -- Regards Frank ...

excel time formulas
I have a column which shows a format of hours, mins and seconds an would like to find a formula which can convert it into minutes only i.e 10:50.2 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Format the cells as [mm] -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "aly1cat >" <<aly1cat.185f1c@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:aly1cat.185f1c@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have a column which shows a format of hours, mins and seconds and > would like to find a f...

Input formulas in a defined data range and convert results as valu
Hi, I have a dataset for users to view data. It has the following format till year 2010 and have portions of topics like forecast, shipment, aging .... and the whole dataset can go very long vertically. Within each topics is the type of products measured, below is an extracts of my dataset: Forecast Accuracy Jan 2007 Feb 2007 Mar 2007 Apr 2007 Prod A x x x x Prod B x x x x Prod C ...

How do I count the number of times a particular charcter ("." say)
How do I count the number of times a particular charcter ("." say) appears in a cell. For example, ABC.1.21.31.2 should retun 4. Is there a formula? =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,".","")) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "RH" <RH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75B61958-5352-436D-94F1-DD3D79AAE485@microsoft.com... > How do I count the number of times a particular charcter ("." say) appears in > a cell. > > For example, ABC.1.21.31.2 should retun 4. > > Is there ...

Typing the date into Excel
Hi, and thanks in advance. I've recently updated from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007. I'm having a problem with entering dates: (1) I enter a date, say: 5/17/2009 or 5-17-2009 (2) The cell displays 0.000146 or -2021. (3) I format the cells as "date". (4) The cell displays as 1900/01/00 or ##### (indefinite) (5) The formula bar displays =5/17/2009 or =5-17-2009 (6) It doesn't matter if I format the cells as dates in advance or after entering the date. I'm guessing that there is a setup option somewhere that is wrong, but I can't find it. The documentation, and my ...

Multiple Exchange boxes in one domain
Hi all, I have the following setup for my domain: HQ: Server 2003 Exchange 2003 We have a branch office located on another industrial estate 1/2 mile away, and we currently connect to them via WiFi (11Mb) and they are in the same domain and subnet as us. I am looking to add a second exchange box at their site so they can get their mail "locally". When I look at setting it up tho ot seems that exchange will still send the messages across the WiFi due to there only being 1 MX record? Is there a way I can get them to recive their mail directly over their own Broadband link? Also ...

Date & Control Button Focus
I have a form that has the calendar in it and 3 buttons that represent 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift. We input up to 50 forms per day. The forms may be entered the next day. The calendar will always go to todays date because of the code Now() used. How do I make the date stay at the last date that was enetered? How do I make the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift buttons stay at last shift selected after data has been entered? This would allow the data entry person not to have to change date or shift if forms are grouped together. default values -- Hi Bill, "The calendar will always go to t...

To goup in each month on date column
I am using office 2007 and I have an excel sheet with the following Date OS 2/1/2009 200.30 2/1/2009 300.00 3/2/2009 400.00 5/2/2009 600.00 How I can group the excel to know outstanding in each month. To group January os and February os and so on.... Please help with thanks and Regards Try =SUMPRODUCT((TEXT(A2:A10,"mmyyyy")="022009")*(B2:B10)) with the date in cell C1 =SUMPRODUCT((TEXT(A2:A10,"mmyyyy")=TEXT(C1,"mmyyyy")*(B2:B10)) -- Jacob "pol" wrote: > I ...