Need text in upper left corner of a cell

Hi

Is it possible to have some text written in upper corner
of a cell?
I use Excel as a fill-in userform.
I can justify the size of other columns, but it would be
nice to write something into the cell, so the user
understand what to fill inn.

Any workarounds or other suggestions?

Any help is appreciated.

Gunnar
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi
maybe you can use the comment functionality (goto 'Insert - Comment')
to add some hints for the user

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Gunnar wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is it possible to have some text written in upper corner
> of a cell?
> I use Excel as a fill-in userform.
> I can justify the size of other columns, but it would be
> nice to write something into the cell, so the user
> understand what to fill inn.
>
> Any workarounds or other suggestions?
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Gunnar

0
frank.kabel (11126)

How do I delete a text box from an Excel spreadsheet?
Rightclick on it and select cut If the textbox is from the control toolbox toolbar, you may have to click on the designmode icon first. Uncle Binky wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

Changing text size
Hi, We enter all our customers in our database in all caps (text) for the names, and addresses. But when you put in the zip code and the database auto finds the town and state it is put in upper, and lower case. Is there a way to change this default to all caps for the auto fill. I am experienced in editing xml. files ( just a note) Any help would be appreciated.....Dennis No, there's no way to change that in the front end, that's something that is happening at display time and is meant to make the data more readable. You could enter a suggestion on Customer Sou...

Changing the Tooltip text in an SDI Toolbar
I've been trying to find a way to change the tootip info for a toolbar. Currently, I've tried getting the toolbar CToolBarCtrl and CToolTipCtrl objects but haven't been able to figure out what to do with them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ken If you are talking about tooltip info of a particular button on a toolbar, change it in resource editor by double clicking on the button and changing the text that appears at the bottom of the dialog. Text that appears before \n is tootip. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ken Slight" <kslight@char...

importing multiple text files???
Hi, I am experiencing a big problem. As a part of my analysis for PhD I have to analyze more then 1000 files. The data that I have is in text files. To be more precise, I have 5 different data sets, from different meteo centres, each centre has a data set of 365 files for each day during the year. The format of text files is something as following: Camborne Met. Office WINDS rev 4.1 50.20 -5.30 88 02 01 01 00 00 23 0 29 3 35 07:09 (3.0) 07:09 (3.0) 06:08 (3.0) 284 284 65 65 400 400 23 23 12.5 12.5 1 1500 1500 35 35 400 400 43 90.0 43 74.5 313 74.5 HT SPD DIR Radials... 0.101 9.8 113 0.0...

Tips and tutorials needed
Hi. I've posted a couple of times already in the past couple of days, so accept my apologies for bugging you if you've seen my request already, but I'm putting together a blog or Excel tips, tricks and tutorials and need some more input. The site is http://teachr.blogspot.com . If you have any tutorials of your own on Excel then please email your ideas or your tutorials to me at mattyboy150279@gmail.com and I'll consider adding them. Also if you have any ideas for tutorials that would be good on the site, please also drop me a line or respond to this topic. Ideas include:- ...

How to see calculation and heading in same cell.
I would like the cell to perform a calculation and then display the answer as will as a heading. In other words the answer and the heading will appear in the same cell. Perhaps you mean something like ="Heading Name: "&A1+B1 ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Jeracho" <Jeracho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F34BACB9-E2DA-448A-924D-46A475F98F91@microsoft.com... > I would like the cell to perform a calculation and then display the answer as > will as a heading. In other words the answer and the heading will appear in...

need age in future year
I'm a new user and need help. I have a column with dates of birth (xx/xx/xx) and want to know the age (in years only) that each person will be by the end of 2010. Then I want to indicate "yes" if they will be 65 or older by that time. Thanks! -- MEJ Put the measurement in a cell (i'll use D1) Put the DOB in Cells D2 and below To calculate the age of the person on line 2, enter the formula D$1-D2 in Cell E2 Format Cell E2 to be Custom and use the masking of YY Put the measurement in a cell (i'll use D1) Put the DOB in Cells D2 and below To calculate the age of ...

Coping part of a cell content into a seperate cell
Hi I have two cells, one containing first and middle name and another one with surname. I want to combine the first name and surname into a separate cell, can you advise how I can just copy the first name and miss out the middle name please?? Thanks Caz Hi, I assume that the midle name is separated by a space from the first name and is in column A and the last name in column B =TRIM(LEFT(A2,FIND(" ",a2)-1))&" "&B2 "Caz H" wrote: > Hi > I have two cells, one containing first and middle name and another one with &g...

Adding a formula to the same cell (H5) on every tab
I have an inventory spreadsheet with 125 tabs. The tabs are numbered 1 through 125. The are identical except for the data below the column headings. If I wanted to put a formula in H5 on every tab, can it be done other than manually opening every tab and typing it? One additional question: If I add a Summary Tab, how could I show the value of a specific cell on each tab without manually entering it? I show the formula I'm using bring B3 to the summary for every tab: A B 1 Unit Value 2 1 ='1'!B3 3 2 ='2'!B3 4 3 ='3'!B3 5 4 ='4'!B3 6 5 ='5'!B3 7...

Info needed on developing outlook addins
To enhance my web based services/application further, I want to develop add-in for outlook, here is a brief on what it will be like 1) it will have a button somewhere on outlook main toolbar 2) and on mail composing toolbar as well 3) when the button is clicked it will open up a form (or multiple forms) to take further input from user. 4) and based on input will compose the email automatically 5) finally queue it up for sending I am advance level c# developer but am new to office developments, I saw a lot of articles on internet on how to do what I need, but before diving into the coding ...

sumproduct--counting--zero--blank cells
I'm using these formula to count, =SUMPRODUCT(($W$9:$W$272>=0)*($W$9:$W$272<10)) =SUMPRODUCT(($W$9:$W$272>=10)*($W$9:$W$272<20)) ........etc how do i get it so bank cells are excluded from the count. The way it is now, they are counted in the 0 to 10 range... Thanks Jeremy -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com COUNTBLANK(range) "jeremy via OfficeKB.com" wrote: > I'm using these formula to count, > > =SUMPRODUCT(($W$9:$W$272>=0)*($W$9:$W$272<10)) > =SUMPRODUCT(($W$9:$W$272>=10)*($W$9:$W$272<20)) > ........etc > how do...

45 Degree Angled Text & Fill Option
I have Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) running on XP and I'm wondering if this is a bug or not. If you have text in the first Row and you set it to 45 degrees angled, if you try and fill different cells with different fill colors, sometimes the box will fill angled, othertimes straight up and down. As a simple test, try creating a blank worksheet and make the first 3 columns 35 each in width and 100 in height. The type some text in each of the cells - not too much. Now select all 3 cells and format their alignment to 45 degrees. Now pick each one of the cells and fill each with a different ...

References omit formatting and return cell address
In two cases of references between worksheets, the formatting from the original cell does not appear in the cell that it is referenced to. Case 1: Worksheet 1, A1 contains a currency formatted number - $2,000 Worksheet 2, A1 references the Workhseet 1, A1 cell using the = sign, yet it returns 2000 (unless I manually reformat the Workksheet 2 cell to Currency Case 2: Worksheet 3, A1 contains an apartment # - e.g. 4 Worksheet 4, A1 references this cell but returns the cell address - Worksheet2,!A1' - rather than the number 4. I tried different formats for the number 4,...

How can I insert a cell reference in a footer (eg for variable foo
Any ideas on how to do this? I'm trying to create a template with the doc reference number in the footer However, I'm trying to avoid users having to edit the footer (because this just wont get done). Hi only possible with VBA using an event procedure. e.g. put the following code in your workbook module for cell A1 Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each wkSht In Me.Worksheets With wkSht.PageSetup .CenterFooter = wksht.range("A1").value End With Next wkSht End Sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Ger...

Text in pivot table limited to 255 characters
I am using a pivot table as an efficient way to aggregate text responses from a large data set. However, the pivot table cuts off the text after the first 255 characters (similar to when you copy a worksheet by using the move/copy option). How can I overcome this? I have tried putting the pivot table on the same sheet as the dataset, but that does not work. I should also note that these pivot tables are then fed into an automated report through a complicated set of VLOOKUPs, etc. The pivot table aggregates several questions and responses from many areas of the datset into one discr...

Need help with a formula 01-23-10
I am looking for a formula that will compute an average of a number of non contiguous cells such as G8, G16, G24, G36, etc. Each of these cells has a formula which computes an average of a range of cells. With the helpm of this forum, I have been able to find a formula which does that AND uses values only when they are greater than zero and does not display #DIV/0!. But I cannot fin a fromula that will do the next step- Take an average of those specific cells AND use only the ones where the cell is >0, Example G8=100, G16=85, G24 is blank, G36=75, then this formula would ca...

How do I chart the same data cell on a range of worksheets?
I have the same row of cells on numerous worksheets that I want to chart or consolidate onto another worksheet ? Keith - You need to create a consolidated data range: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Keith wrote: > I have the same row of cells on numerous worksheets that I want to chart or > consolidate onto another worksheet ? ...

Count Text Data
Using 2007 on Vista If I've got text data which in some columns either has data or there is a blank, what formula do I use to count how many cells have text in them per column? Many thanks =COUNTA(A2:A200) will count everything except blanks post back if you have numbers as well that should not be counted -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom <weewillie@anon.com> wrote in message news:lfm764d39m4prld1iiqllpjuen7a1eptoq@4ax.com... > Using 2007 on Vista > > If I've got text data which in some columns either has data or there > is a blank, what formula do I use to count...

Does GP need its own instance?
Hello, We were recently adviced that we should consolidate our SQL Server 2003 instances except for applications that use the system databases. Does Great Plains make any changes that might interfere with other applications on the same instance? Thanks, -- Brian Francis Not that I am aware of. We have had plenty of apps share with GP instances. I do however prefer it to be alone because if we have to stop and start SQL services we only have to worry about the GP users "bfrancis" wrote: > Hello, > > We were recently adviced that we should consolidate our SQL Serv...

Shading cells not working
When I try to shade cells they remain white, but if I go to print preview the color shows. Why won't the cells change color in normal view? If the fill colours aren't appearing, the high contrast setting may be turned on. There's information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 Jenny wrote: > When I try to shade cells they remain white, but if I go > to print preview the color shows. Why won't the cells > change color in normal view? -- Debra Dalgleish...

Counting the number cells between two dates
Hi guys, Hope someone can help with this, I'm pretty sure it'll be quite a simple one. Column A:A contains a list dates, I want to use a formula to count the number of cells which contain a date between 01/01/05 - 31/01/05. Any ideas, Many thanks, Dave Try: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A1000>=--"1/1/05")*(A1:A1000<=-- "1/31/05")) BTW - I'm using American date formats in mine. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Hi guys, > >Hope someone can help with this, I'm pretty sure it'll be quite a simple one. > >Column A:A con...

How do I limit the number of characters in a cell?
When try to limit the number of characters allowed in cell by going through the data/validation menu, it still allows more than the number of characters than I specified. I don't get it :( ...

Is it possible to measure/display the column width with a cell function?
Wednesday afternoon Is it possible to measure/display the column width with a cell function? I need to adjust some columns for a report. But I cannot find a way to display the current width in units that I can then place in a VBA macro. Would be very good to have the macro read the values entered in a set of columns and change the width accordingly. (This is very easy in Quattro pro.) J Have a look at ShowWidth at: http://www.sulprobil.com/html/get_cell.html HTH, Bernd -- Use non-volatile INDEX(P11:IV65536,1+w,1+y):INDEX(P11:IV65536,w+y,x+z) instead of volatile OFFSET(P11,w,x,y,z)...

Text overflows manually placed on pages
Explain how text overflows are manually placed on other pages. Rebecca <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Explain how text overflows are manually placed on other pages. No. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Hyperlink dialog box contains limited features
I would like to provide hyperlinks to items in my spreadsheet but have them open in a different window. Excel 2003 does not offer a "target window" option in the dialog box such as the one offered in FrontPage. Is there a way around this problem so I can veiw the hyperlink without leaving my worksheet? Thanks in advance for your help. ...