Need page numbering across workbook and for individual worksheets

I've used the custom header to show "Page ? of ?" and selected all worksheets
in the workbook.  When printed this gives Page 1 of 39, Page 2 of 39, etc.
which is perfect.  However, each worksheet has multiple pages and we'd like
to have each SHEET show "Page 1 of 1, Page 1 of 2, Page 1 of 3" for the
number of pages in that sheet.  Is this possible?

Thank you.
0
Marie (60)

Hi Marie,
This is not provided for in Excel (unfortunately).

I think it best to avoid doing this but you would have to modify then print
each page individually, and the printer would restart for each page.

If you are using a network printer you would probably get a splash page(s)
between each printed page, and you would certainly not get duplex printing.
---
HTH,

"Marie" <Marie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08A1F290-1766-4395-87F4-A80A7A8AA9F0@microsoft.com...
> I've used the custom header to show "Page ? of ?" and selected all worksheets
> in the workbook.  When printed this gives Page 1 of 39, Page 2 of 39, etc.
> which is perfect.  However, each worksheet has multiple pages and we'd like
> to have each SHEET show "Page 1 of 1, Page 1 of 2, Page 1 of 3" for the
> number of pages in that sheet.  Is this possible?
>
> Thank you.

0
dmcritchie (2586)
11/3/2004 6:13:39 PM
You can only do that if you print each sheet one at a time.  Easy enough to
do with a macro:

Sub PrintSelectedSheetsOneAtATime()
    Dim Sh As Worksheet
    For Each Sh In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets
        Sh.PrintOut
    Next
End Sub

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Marie" <Marie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I've used the custom header to show "Page ? of ?" and selected all
worksheets
| in the workbook.  When printed this gives Page 1 of 39, Page 2 of 39, etc.
| which is perfect.  However, each worksheet has multiple pages and we'd
like
| to have each SHEET show "Page 1 of 1, Page 1 of 2, Page 1 of 3" for the
| number of pages in that sheet.  Is this possible?
|
| Thank you.

0
jrrech (1933)
11/3/2004 6:20:44 PM
Thank you, David.  I thought that was probably the case.  Now I can go to the
guy requesting this and tell him it isn't possible.

"David McRitchie" wrote:

> Hi Marie,
> This is not provided for in Excel (unfortunately).
>
> I think it best to avoid doing this but you would have to modify then print
> each page individually, and the printer would restart for each page.
>
> If you are using a network printer you would probably get a splash page(s)
> between each printed page, and you would certainly not get duplex printing.
> ---
> HTH,
> David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
>
> "Marie" <Marie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08A1F290-1766-4395-87F4-A80A7A8AA9F0@microsoft.com...
> > I've used the custom header to show "Page ? of ?" and selected all worksheets
> > in the workbook.  When printed this gives Page 1 of 39, Page 2 of 39, etc.
> > which is perfect.  However, each worksheet has multiple pages and we'd like
> > to have each SHEET show "Page 1 of 1, Page 1 of 2, Page 1 of 3" for the
> > number of pages in that sheet.  Is this possible?
> >
> > Thank you.

0
Marie (60)
11/3/2004 6:44:15 PM
Marie

Not possible using the method you first posed.

However, Jim Rech provided a macro that would print each sheet as a separate
print job, but print the entire workbook at the same time.

See your original posting.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 10:44:15 -0800, "Marie" <Marie@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Thank you, David.  I thought that was probably the case.  Now I can go to the
>guy requesting this and tell him it isn't possible.
>
>"David McRitchie" wrote:
>
>> Hi Marie,
>> This is not provided for in Excel (unfortunately).
>>
>> I think it best to avoid doing this but you would have to modify then print
>> each page individually, and the printer would restart for each page.
>>
>> If you are using a network printer you would probably get a splash page(s)
>> between each printed page, and you would certainly not get duplex printing.
>> ---
>> HTH,
>> David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
>> My Excel Pages:  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
>> Search Page:        http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm
>>
>> "Marie" <Marie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08A1F290-1766-4395-87F4-A80A7A8AA9F0@microsoft.com...
>> > I've used the custom header to show "Page ? of ?" and selected all worksheets
>> > in the workbook.  When printed this gives Page 1 of 39, Page 2 of 39, etc.
>> > which is perfect.  However, each worksheet has multiple pages and we'd like
>> > to have each SHEET show "Page 1 of 1, Page 1 of 2, Page 1 of 3" for the
>> > number of pages in that sheet.  Is this possible?
>> >
>> > Thank you.

0
Gord

global macro instead of specific workbook
If I create a macro and toolbar to call it while i'm in spreadsheet "a", when I close spreadsheet "a", the toolbar still shows in excel but if I click on it it opens spreadsheet "a" (in order to run the macro) How to make toolbars be "generic"... not tied to a specific spreadsheet? I exported the module to my code folders but don't see how to de couple the code from the original spreadsheet. thanks mark You can place all your macros in Personal Macro Workbook which makes them available for all open workbooks. Assign the macros on your Toolb...

Need help on comparison of dates in different format.
Hi I have question pertaining comparison of dates in different format :- eg. 20 April , 2004 [Cell A1] 20-4-04 [Cell A2] I was using if not function. ie. if(A1=A2, True, False). The result always shown as False. Pls help as to how could I do correct way solving this problem. ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore! Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum *** Hi are both cells real date values or are they stored as 'Text'?. Check both values with =ISNUMBER(A1) =ISNUMBER(A2) th...

Need Help with Sumif Function including dates
Hi, I need some assistance with tracking my commissions that are due to be paid each month. The "Comm Due Date" is in column "C", rows 3 - 30 which list by date all of the Commissions Due to be paid and the "Comm Balance" is in column "H", rows 3 - 30 which has the Commission Balance due for each sale. I tried utilizing a formula from a post that I found from April '05 but for some reason I keep receiving a #NAME? error. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I want to find the total due by month so that as I add additional sale...

formview and property pages
I have a formview with four property pages. What I would like to do is populate the CEdit controls with variables contained in the active property page when the "Refresh" button (also in the active property page) is pressed. My formview class is the one that is handling communications to the device driver so I'm not sure how to get the property page to communicate to the device driver or have access to any of the formview's methods and variables. Would passing the this pointer of the formview to the property pages during creation be one way? I'm looking for som...

Moving Money 2000 to new computer needs password
Hi - I received a new computer and I am moving all of me software from the old one before I get rid of it. I installed the copy of Money 2000 that I had on the old computer. When I copy my msmoney.mny file to the new computer and attemt to open it, it says I need to enter the password for the file. Problem is, I never created a password for it, so I can open the file. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, Wes wrote: >Hi - > > I received a new computer and I am moving all of me software from the old >one before I get rid of it. I installed the copy of Money ...

change worksheet data without changing chart
I am attempting to create a scatter plot chart in Excel that will not get modified each time I sort my Excel worksheet. Does anybody know how to "lock" the chart or export it so that it is no longer linked to the worksheet? Thanks!!! Here's how to unlink a chart from its data: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/DelinkChartData.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ shelly wrote: > I am attempting to create a scatter plot chart in Excel > that will not ge...

open a web page in Outlook
Happy Holidays! I am working on a project that involves opening web pages in outlook. We have couple public folders that have default web pages. The interesting is that all of them open ok in browser but some would not open in outlook. in particular, the ones with https are most common not to open. Any ideas why is this happening??? We are running office XP and some users have service packs and some don't. Service pack version seams to be irrelevant. George do the https ones set cookies? There seems to be a problem with sites that require cookies. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook...

Numbers are automatically rounding off
When I type in data in my form, the numbers are rounding off like 42.36 will round off to 42... How do I change this Check the data type of the bound field. If you select Number, the default is Long Integer, which doesn't support decimals. You need to use a data type that does support decimals, such as Single, Double or Decimal. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "jtidwell" <jtidwell@triplettking.com> wrote in message news:uj5IaFIyHHA.3588@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > When I type in data in my form, the numbers are ...

will formulas be lost when moving data in a worksheet?
I have a P & L that contains 3 years of info. I have to delete the oldest year (2007) and put in our actual numbers for year ending 2010. Will I lose all of the formulas when I delete all of the 2007 numbers? Is there an easier way to do this? Edit/ Goto/ Special/ Constants Delete those. -- David Biddulph "Renae" <Renae@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:456322CE-EB1E-4616-8716-881CF545DC33@microsoft.com... >I have a P & L that contains 3 years of info. I have to delete the oldest > year (2007) and put in our actual numbers for y...

Trying To Average cells Need Help!!!
This is what i have & works well {=IF(AR6="L",AVERAGE(IF(AT$6:AT$66>=0,AT$6:AT$66)),"")} Now what im trying to do is add AW6 IF name is entered I tried these but not working {=IF(AR6="L",IF(AW6>"",AVERAGE(IF(AT$6:AT$66>=0,AT$6:AT$66)),"")} {=IF(AR6="L",OR(IF(AW6>"",AVERAGE(IF(AT$6:AT$66>=0,AT$6:AT$66)),"")} I get a Name or False error( CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP) On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 10:52:01 -0800, Mike <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >This is what i have & works wel...

show open workbooks in taskbar
Having problems showing all open workbooks in the windows taskbar for particular group of workbooks (some of which are linked by formulas). I have to go through the window menu in excel, which is time consuming I can only show one workbook at a time in the taskbar, and if I pres on it a few times the open workbook window tab disappears all togethe and only comes back if I do some sort of activity on the desktop (lik right clicking?) Properties of taskbar are keep on top, group similar items and sho quick launch. I have never had this problem before. I can open numerous ne workbooks and they...

Modify RM HATB by Document Number
Hi, Our receivable orders either start with SL which means sales or MN which means maintenance or RN which means renewal. we want to run the HATB separately for each of these order sequence. I tried to add a restriction but do not know how to add a 'begins with' restriction as I only see equal to operator available. Also, say if the restriction works, how can I duplicate the report into 3 copies and run it with different restrictions in the same reports dictionary. Stacey Try using the SUBSTRING function, e.g. SUBSTRING=("SL*") See Knowledge Base article: 856861 ...

convert number format to time format
I have a whole column in which I need to be able to enter a number an it should convert it to the time format. If I enter 100 it shoul convert it to 1:00. Similarly entering 2300 should automatically b converted to 23:00. Thank yo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Fullymooned! No need to send the same question to different groups. The answer given in programming was: See: Chip Pearson: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax...

Access product activation page
I have a trial Microsoft Office on my laptop. I have bought Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 from PC World. The Instruction says to 1.Start Word 2. Locate the Product Key on the back of the Media Holder. 3. Enter the 25 digit Product Key to unlock the software. The missing stage in the process is : How do I access the Product Key activation screen with the box in which to enter the Product Key? I seem to recall that the trial provides the option to change the product key from Word Options > Resources, but as you have bought a full version on disc, it might be wiser ...

number formats that allow you to format the appearance of negativ.
I don't understand what it means to List two number formats that allow you to format the appearance of negative numbers using parentheses? Jasmon There are up to four parts to a format in Excel, separated by ;, so FormatForPositive;FormatForNegative;FormatForZero;FormatForText So if you want two decimals and parenthesis for negatives, you could use 0.00;(0.00);0.00 Notice you don't need one for text so I have not included it. If you miss a format type then you should still include it's separator 0.00;;0.00 Has only set a format for positive numbers and zeroes. You could...

Totalling a group of worksheets #2
How do I summarize a continguous series of worksheets on to a summary page? e.g. I have a number of worksheets A,B,C,.......K. I also have a summary worksheet. I want to total cells A1 in the group of worksheets and show the total in the summary worksheet -- Thanks BJ Try this: On the Summary sheet, select the cell where you want the A1 summary to display. Type =sum( Then click on the Sheet A tab Hold the [Shift] key down Click on the last sheet's tab Release the [Shift] key Type ) and press [Enter] The formula should look like: =SUM(A:K!A1) Does that help? *********** Regards...

Insert from Scanner option NEEDED

Auto Invoice numbering
I need a auto invoice numbering on a new worksheet that can add a consequence invoice number from the previous worksheet number. Any help is greatly appreciated. Hi see your reply in Excel.programming P.S.: please don't multipost -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "unkown" <jshim168@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Ohscc.35941$Ig.13976@pd7tw2no... > I need a auto invoice numbering on a new worksheet that can add a > consequence invoice number from the previous worksheet number. > > Any help is greatly appreciated. > > For the benefi...

Access Accounting Software Needed
Can anyone recommed an accounting software package that has been written in Access. I have be assiged the duty of finding a new accounting software package to replace our old outdated AS400 system, for a very small manufacturning plant. Basically to keep up with sales, inventory and shipping. I need a package that I can get the source code with in order to may modifications as needed. The only thing I can find is a package made by Database Creations. I like the program except for the somewhat outdated screens. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,Terry "Terry&quo...

Protected worksheet allowed to change ONLY font color
Is there a way to have a protected worksheet where users are allowed ONLY to change font color in a cell. The option to format cells under "protect sheet" allows too many abilities to the user. I am using Excel 2003. ...

Is there Keyboard shortcut to print single page (Current Page)?

need help with budget in Money 2002
I am having a problem with the budget tool in Money 2002. When I set up a savings goal it won't let me put all my extra income into the savings goal. It says I don't have enough. For example if my income is $5000 per month and my expenses are $3000 per month I should have $2000 per month to spend or save. If I make a goal of $18000 per year savings it says I don't have enough and that I only have enough to save $12000. I don't understand. Can anyone help? Thanks. The information in the budget planner should tell you why it thinks this. Do you have debt payments?...

Losing Formatting in 2003 to 2007 worksheets
I keep losing all the formating on my worksheets when going form 2003 to 2007 and vice-versa. I try to fix it and then it reverts back to a non-formatted sheet. How do I correct? Similar problem with a solution ... http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=774151 -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA ( remove unused number formats/styles or excess cond. formatting... free download: http://excelusergroup.org/media/p/4861.aspx ) "dalia007ii" <dalia007ii@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AEE20258-5A02-43F8-B316-BDCBD45350F9@micro...

Need ideas for communication model between 2 program
Hi Group I have 2 program running in separate computer and they are networked. What type communication should i use. Basically it involves in data(string/numbers) i/o. So far i have not done any inter exe communication. but looking for a fast method since the processing is time critical. -- Regards The most reliable and least secure mechanism is to use TCP. The problem is that unless you impose some security protocol on top of this mechanism, anyone can talk to your app. Named pipes work, although in the past they have been limited to computers in the same WIndows domain (I...

How to change column titles from numbers to letters.
The columns are labeled in numbers. How do I change this to letters. mdb60575 schreef: > The columns are labeled in numbers. How do I change this to letters. Tools > Options > General > switch off R1C1 reference style Bart Snel Tools>Options>General Deselect R1C1 reference style -- ERR229 "mdb60575" wrote: > The columns are labeled in numbers. How do I change this to letters. Hi, Go to Tools>Options>General>unselect "R1C1 reference style" HT -- Case ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Casey'...