need opposite of MODE function in Excel

How do I find the number that occurs LEAST frequently in a range of
numbers?  This is the exact opposite of the MODE function, which finds
the most common occurrence.

For example, a column of numbers contains;

MODE will return "2" as the most commonj occurrence.  I want to know
that "5" is the least common occurence.  Obviously, my column contains
many more numbers so it's not easily to simply visualize and count
them.

Is there a way to do this in Excel?

Thanks.
0
kpalexan (1)

Hi Kevin,
You can do that with the Frequency function.

      data freq bins
      2 0 1
      4 3 2
      5 0 3
      2 2 4
      4 1 5
      2 0 6

Select b2:b7, click in the formula bar and enter =FREQUENCY(A2:A7,C2:C7)

The resuls are 1 occures 0 times, 2 occ. 3 times, 3 occ. 0 times, 4 occ. 2
times. etc.

--

John

johnf202 at hotmail dot com

"Kevin" <kpalexan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How do I find the number that occurs LEAST frequently in a range of
> numbers?  This is the exact opposite of the MODE function, which finds
> the most common occurrence.
>
> For example, a column of numbers contains;
>
> 2
> 4
> 5
> 2
> 4
> 2
>
> MODE will return "2" as the most commonj occurrence.  I want to know
> that "5" is the least common occurence.  Obviously, my column contains
> many more numbers so it's not easily to simply visualize and count
> them.
>
> Is there a way to do this in Excel?
>
> Thanks.

0
me5306 (285)

Excel as a database #3
is there any possibility that i used to print a invoice through excel for my product sale. is there any way excel can generate monthly sales book as a database. Please show me any path Thanks in advance. Rao Ratan Singh Rao, Consider Access for this project. To do this properly, you'll likely need a table for your products (your inventory or product line), one for your invoices, one for the items in your invoices, and if you're keeping customer information, one for your customers. Excel is terrific, but a lot of darn work to implement related tables, move records around, ...

Need to import EDI file
Hello. I have an EDI TS-130 file (academic transcript) that I would like to import into Access 2003. Is this possible to do for free? If so, how? ...

Problem with komma versus period in Excel
Hej I am have problems with the use of period in Excel. I Denmark komma is the decimal seperator. If I convert (from within VB Editor) the content of a cell from "6340,00" to text and replace the komma with period I get "6340" (I wanted "6340.00). If I make the convertion in Excel and record the macro at the same time I get the desired result i my sheet. BUT when I put in my code in VBA and run it from here I still get the wrong result, "6340" and not "6340.00". I know Excel (VBA) transform "." to "," probably acording to...

Flag a date in Excel
I wish to flag a date so that 10 days later, the input date will tur red so that I can follow it up. I have seen it done but don't know ho to do it. Please hel ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try using conditional formatting: Select the cell(s) Click Format > conditional formatting Put the settings "Under Condition 1" as : Formula Is | =TODAY()-A5>=10 Click Format button > Font tab > Color > Red > OK Click OK -- hth ...

Need the ability to Moderate distribution lists in Exchange
We are moving off of a mail list server and pulling all mail lists into Exchange 2003. Currently users have the ability to moderate mail sent to some lists. (Mail is sent to the moderator first, they approve or deny it, and based on approval it's sent to the list.) How can we set this up in Exchange 2003 SP1?? Thanks! On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:38:03 -0700, Lee <leemack33@hotmail.com> wrote: >We are moving off of a mail list server and pulling all mail lists into >Exchange 2003. Currently users have the ability to moderate mail sent to >some lists. (Mail is sent to...

Excell attachement do no shows up
I got an e-mail in Outlook from someone and it is supposed to have an attachement of something in Excel, but I don't see the attachment anywhere in the Outlook window, and I don't even know where to find the attachment to open it. I do have Office 2003, but never have used Excell. Any advise on how to find the attachemnt? Thanks in advance. Octavio, This question would be better asked in an Outlook newsgroup, not an Excel newsgroup. That said, are you sure that the sender actually attached the file? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, ...

Excel shutting down when opening file
This is a follow up from a previous post. When opening a specific file with excel 2003, Excel will immediately shut down. When I re-open Excel it shows the file in the recovery box. When trying to recover the file it gives a message that file damage is too extensive to repair. I have no problem opening other Excel files. I also have Excel 2003 operating on three other computers and they do not have any problem opening the same file. I have started Excel in safe mode and tried to open the file but I get the same problem. I have started Windows XP in safe mode and then opened Exce...

Excel 2007; graph the best fit line from a regression analysis?
Try using this white space to ask you question with a bit more detail best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "mattz" <mattz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:574CCC66-72EA-44D0-8D36-2147B6C7C279@microsoft.com... > ...

Need to learn WPF?
I am working as asp.net programer for a few years and created many web programs. Do I need to learn WPF? What special benefits in WPFwhich asp.net do not have? -- Message posted via DotNetMonster.com http://www.dotnetmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/asp-net/201001/1 "aspfun via DotNetMonster.com" <u53138@uwe> wrote in message news:a19f17628ef0a@uwe... > I am working as asp.net programer for a few years and created many web > programs. > Do I need to learn WPF? What special benefits in WPFwhich asp.net do not > have? > > > -- > Mess...

need to combine two charts
I have rainfall charts in seperate worksheets 2005;2006 etc in data format by month and amount with totals for each month. I would like to have one chart (additional) where the information from the two or more chart sheets is combined with a chart showing the monthly amounts for each year by month bar. Hope this is clear enough. Phill pcostello@aopa.com.au ...

Can I move Excel 2002 from my laptop to my desktop
My desktop has Excel 97 and I wish to have the same version on both computers. They are networked. You cannot 'move' Excel, or copy it. You have to install from the original CDs. If you don't have them you'd have to acquire them or you might be out of luck. -- Jim "X_Drive" <X_Drive@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1AA36E6-D7E2-4060-A661-1601C6879D41@microsoft.com... | My desktop has Excel 97 and I wish to have the same version on both | computers. They are networked. ...

Output query to excel 08-12-07
Hi, Can anyone help me with outputing the results of a query to a particular worksheet in an Excel workbook. Using an "Output To" macro, I've managed to output my query to Excel so that it replaces the whole .xls workbook. But what I need to do is output to Sheet 1 of the .xls workbook and leave Sheet 2 intact as it will have formulas referring to Sheet 1. Thanks Bob On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 21:52:07 +1000, Bob wrote: > Hi, > > Can anyone help me with outputing the results of a query to a particular > worksheet in an Excel workbook. > Using an "Output...

CSV in Word==>Excel....?
I have one field from a Word document that imports perfectly. Then, I have another field, separated by commas, that I would like to separate into different cells.....Is this possible? If so, how Thank you Matthew After you import the data, you could use Data>'Text to Columns' to separate the data. If it's not the last column in the imported data, move it temporarily, or insert sufficient blank columns to its right, to accommodate the split data. Matthew wrote: > I have one field from a Word document that imports perfectly. Then, I have another field, separated by comm...

Cannot get working password change functionality in OWA
I've got Password change button and set up SSL with SelfSSL tool from IIS 6.0 resource kit, tested SSL with SSL Diagnostic tool. SSL seems working: when I assigned it to complete Exchange web site it works fine https://testsrv/exchange But when I click on Change Password buttonI am getting: The page cannot be foun The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please try the following Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar o...

Printing In Excel 12-01-09
I am sure I posted this but cant see it On-Line I have an Excel file that when i try and print it states 1 of 2368 Pages? The file is ok on another PC, would this be a virus or? Never seen this before and I am sure file is ok Thanks for any help Steve On Dec 1, 11:05=A0am, k11ngy <k11...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am sure I posted this but cant see it On-Line > > I have an Excel file that when i try and print it states 1 of 2368 Pages?= =A0 > The file is ok on another PC, would this be a virus or? =A0Never seen thi= s > before and I am s...

Excel should allow you to change custom colours more easily
Dear Microsoft... With other office products you can change the custom colours very easily, with excel you have to go into tools, then options, then change the colours... Please make it as easy as the other office products. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the ...

How do I view and edit the source code for a Chart in Excel 2003?
Is there a way to access the code (VBA?) for a Chart created in Excel 2003? I have generated a complicated Chart or graph which I want to then "Copy" and modify to make several more which access different spreadsheets. It is cumbersome to click in the Toggle box for the data ranges for X and Y. Instead, I was hoping there might be a way to use Search and Replace to change the text describing the data ranges. EBB Excel does not create VBA when creating a chart unless you have specifically recorded the steps of creating it (Tools>Macros>Record New Macro...). Even when y...

Using the Common Feed List in Excel
Is it possible to collect items from the Common Feed List (RSS feeds) generated by IE into Excel? I would like to screen a bunch of feeds from Craigslist and eBay and none of the readers I've tried seem to do it very well. TIA ed I have used the IE application with Excel to read 1000's of webpages. Depending on the Website it can be very simple, not so simple, or very complicated. Not all webpages are the same even though the make look similar. I don't know what you mean by "to do it very well". The code may not be simple. I would have to see the U...

Excel help please
How to add clip art in excel behind text & grid lines? I am trying to install Excel to my computer. On the box it does not indicate that Microsoft Office 2003 is necessary and I don't have Office 2003. Is that why I cannot install Excel? -- George "Anthony" wrote: > How to add clip art in excel behind text & grid lines? You should be able to install Excel as a stand-alone. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "george" <george8798@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:6367F467-57A8-442D-AEFF-D586744EC...

Excel 2007 03-10-10
Question: Can Excel arrange items in 'alpaphabetical' order all at once if items are all put into one column after a person is through inputting them? Or must everything be input in 'alphabetical' order? Thank you. Dave __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4932 (20100310) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com Click Data, Sort David Dyke wrote: > Question: Can Excel arrange items in 'alpaphabetical' order all at once if > items are al...

Excel 2003 charting circular or spherical coordinates
Long time user of Excel, long time issue: Is there a way to plot (chart) using circular or spherical coordinates? I have Excel 2003. Scott - Go to the charting section of Stephen Bullen's web site: http://oaltd.co.uk/Excel/SBXLPage.asp#Charting and look for FunChrt6.zip, which shows how to use polar coordinates. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Scott @ Nordion wrote: > Long time user of Excel, long time issue: > Is there a way to plot (chart) using circular or spherical...

Export Excel data to Access
I have an Excel wookbook template that I use to create new project files to track and manipulate data on individual projects. I also have an Access database where I record some common data as the spreadsheet resulting in duplicate data entry. How can I export data easily (i.e. novice programming experience)on a regular basis from these separate Excel files to a common Access table to eliminate this duplicate data entry? Thanks, Jim H. Jim, initiate the process from Access. Open your Access database and File > Get External Data > Import. Set Files of type to Microsoft Excel, then ...

Function "Workingdays" query error date
I am trying to calculate the number of days, excluding weekends, between two dates. I am using the "workingdays" VBA code. I have pasted the code in a module, naming it "mdlWorkingdays". The code is listed below along with a sample of the data. "mdlWorkingdays" Option Compare Database '*********** Code Start ************** Public Function Workingdays(Start_Date As Date, End_Date As Date) As Integer '.................................................................... ' Name: WorkingDays ' Inputs: StartDate As Date ' EndDate As Da...

I need help with printer settings in Vista
In XP, I used to be able to go into options and tell it to use print settings from document or from printer, and if I used a template for a specialty paper(i.e.: Avery 2-up postcard), it would print out correctly. I am now using Vista w/Office 2003 & an HP Officejet 7310, and I can't get anything to print right. I am using a Publisher Template to print out my business cards on micro-perfed business card stock (2 across & 5 down), but no matter how I change the background size, change margins on the Layout Guide or Page Settings, it prints slightly off. My business cards ...

Send email from vba code in excel
Help! I need to write code to send a work book when it is saved or when it is closed. This is what I have but it will not send the email. I am using excel 2003. I am very new to VBA. Sub Email() Dim OutApp As Object Dim OutMail As Object email_ = Range("F5") & ";" & Range("F3") cc_ = "" subject_ = "Flagged Order" body_ = "New Flagged Order" Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0) With OutMail .To = email_ .Subject = subject_ .Body = body_ .CC = cc_ .Di...