Need macro to move to first blank cell in column

Hi. I am trying to use a macro to move from A1 to the first blank cell in col
A. There are no gaps in the data. When the first blank cell is selected, data
will be copied and pasted from another worksheet. Then the adjacent cell in
col B must be selected and again data will be copied and pasted there from
another worksheet. Finally, the adjacent cell in col C must be selected but
the formula from the cell above must be extended down one cell. I have
recorded a macro which does all this but the problem is that when I repeat
the macro the same row is always selected instead of the next blank one. Here
are the steps I did while recording the macro:
1 .Select & copy A1
2.Press <cntl> + <end> (this brings me to last filled cell in col C)
3. Press down arrow key 1 time and left arrow key 2 times to move to 1st
blank cell in col A.
4. Paste in col A blank cell
5. Copy cell from other worksheet (always the same cell #)
6. Select original worksheet. Press right arrow key once to move to col B.
7. Paste in col B blank cell
8. Press right arrow once and up arrow once to move to last filled cell in
col C.
9. Extend the formula down one cell in col C.
Now the previous 3 blank  cells in col A, B & C are filled. But when I
repeat the macro the same cells are filled, not one down each time. Can
someone help?

Thanks,
Joe M.

If the description of what you are doing is all you would like to achieve,
then this could be acheived by formulae in each cell.

From your description:
 cell A1 is copied down column A of the same sheet
 cell B2 and subsequent cells in column B are the same cell reference from
another sheet (assume named 'sheet2' and cell ref is B1)
 cell C1 is copied down column C of the same sheet.

If you put =$A$1 in cell A2; ='sheet'!$B$1 in cell B2; =C1 in cell C2; and
and the select/highlight the three cells A2,B2,C2 together and then click and
drag down the formulas in the columns you will get the result as described,
without the use of macros.

The reason that the recorded macro doesent work though, is that it is
'static'. Unfortunately Excel is unable to detirmin when an incremental macro
is required, for example to step through rows. The macro would need to be
viewed in the VB editor and edited to allow the row counts to increment, or
for the last blank cell to be identified and that reference used each time
the maro is run.

Not an ideal answer i know, but i hope it helps...

--
Kind regards

Rik

"Joe M." wrote:

> Hi. I am trying to use a macro to move from A1 to the first blank cell in col
> A. There are no gaps in the data. When the first blank cell is selected, data
> will be copied and pasted from another worksheet. Then the adjacent cell in
> col B must be selected and again data will be copied and pasted there from
> another worksheet. Finally, the adjacent cell in col C must be selected but
> the formula from the cell above must be extended down one cell. I have
> recorded a macro which does all this but the problem is that when I repeat
> the macro the same row is always selected instead of the next blank one. Here
> are the steps I did while recording the macro:
> 1 .Select & copy A1
> 2.Press <cntl> + <end> (this brings me to last filled cell in col C)
> 3. Press down arrow key 1 time and left arrow key 2 times to move to 1st
> blank cell in col A.
> 4. Paste in col A blank cell
> 5. Copy cell from other worksheet (always the same cell #)
> 6. Select original worksheet. Press right arrow key once to move to col B.
> 7. Paste in col B blank cell
> 8. Press right arrow once and up arrow once to move to last filled cell in
> col C.
> 9. Extend the formula down one cell in col C.
> Now the previous 3 blank  cells in col A, B & C are filled. But when I
> repeat the macro the same cells are filled, not one down each time. Can
> someone help?
>
> Thanks,
> Joe M.
Thanks, but extending a formula down will not help for what I need. I need a
macro as this worksbook is to automatically fill the values. Also, I am not
copying down from A2 to A3 to A4 etc. I am copying A1 to i.e. A43. B43 is
copied from another w/s fixed cell location. C43 is filled by a formula
extended from C42. When the macro is run again the next row; A44, B44 and C44
are to be filled. I hope this better explains what I am trying to do.
Thanks,
Joe M.

"Rik_UK" wrote:

> If the description of what you are doing is all you would like to achieve,
> then this could be acheived by formulae in each cell.
>
> From your description:
>  cell A1 is copied down column A of the same sheet
>  cell B2 and subsequent cells in column B are the same cell reference from
> another sheet (assume named 'sheet2' and cell ref is B1)
>  cell C1 is copied down column C of the same sheet.
>
> If you put =$A$1 in cell A2; ='sheet'!$B$1 in cell B2; =C1 in cell C2; and
> and the select/highlight the three cells A2,B2,C2 together and then click and
> drag down the formulas in the columns you will get the result as described,
> without the use of macros.
>
> The reason that the recorded macro doesent work though, is that it is
> 'static'. Unfortunately Excel is unable to detirmin when an incremental macro
> is required, for example to step through rows. The macro would need to be
> viewed in the VB editor and edited to allow the row counts to increment, or
> for the last blank cell to be identified and that reference used each time
> the maro is run.
>
> Not an ideal answer i know, but i hope it helps...
>

> --
> Kind regards
>
> Rik
>

> "Joe M." wrote:
>
> > Hi. I am trying to use a macro to move from A1 to the first blank cell in col
> > A. There are no gaps in the data. When the first blank cell is selected, data
> > will be copied and pasted from another worksheet. Then the adjacent cell in
> > col B must be selected and again data will be copied and pasted there from
> > another worksheet. Finally, the adjacent cell in col C must be selected but
> > the formula from the cell above must be extended down one cell. I have
> > recorded a macro which does all this but the problem is that when I repeat
> > the macro the same row is always selected instead of the next blank one. Here
> > are the steps I did while recording the macro:
> > 1 .Select & copy A1
> > 2.Press <cntl> + <end> (this brings me to last filled cell in col C)
> > 3. Press down arrow key 1 time and left arrow key 2 times to move to 1st
> > blank cell in col A.
> > 4. Paste in col A blank cell
> > 5. Copy cell from other worksheet (always the same cell #)
> > 6. Select original worksheet. Press right arrow key once to move to col B.
> > 7. Paste in col B blank cell
> > 8. Press right arrow once and up arrow once to move to last filled cell in
> > col C.
> > 9. Extend the formula down one cell in col C.
> > Now the previous 3 blank  cells in col A, B & C are filled. But when I
> > repeat the macro the same cells are filled, not one down each time. Can
> > someone help?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Joe M.
What you are doing is a mix of Relative and Staic references. You can record
a mocro that will do this but it is tricky. Oddly enough it is much easier to
write from scratch.

If you want to record the macro then Before you do the down arro operation
followed by the subsequent down arrow, first select the relative opton on the
Stop recording tool bar. This makes your movements relative to the active
cell and not absolute. To complete this macro you will have to switch it on
and off fairly often and plan on getting it wrong more than once...

Written from scratch it will look something like this...

Sub CopyStuff()
 dim rngToPaste as range

 set rngtopaste = cells(rows.count, "A").end(xlup).offset(1,0)
 'rngtopaste is now at the first blank cell in column A
 sheets("Sheet1").Range("C1").copy rngtopaste 'paste in A
 Sheets("Sheet2").range("D100").copy rngtopaste.offset(0,1) 'Paste in B
 rngtopaste.offset(-1, 2).copy rngtopste.offset(0,2) 'Paste in C

end sub
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Joe M." wrote:

> Hi. I am trying to use a macro to move from A1 to the first blank cell in col
> A. There are no gaps in the data. When the first blank cell is selected, data
> will be copied and pasted from another worksheet. Then the adjacent cell in
> col B must be selected and again data will be copied and pasted there from
> another worksheet. Finally, the adjacent cell in col C must be selected but
> the formula from the cell above must be extended down one cell. I have
> recorded a macro which does all this but the problem is that when I repeat
> the macro the same row is always selected instead of the next blank one. Here
> are the steps I did while recording the macro:
> 1 .Select & copy A1
> 2.Press <cntl> + <end> (this brings me to last filled cell in col C)
> 3. Press down arrow key 1 time and left arrow key 2 times to move to 1st
> blank cell in col A.
> 4. Paste in col A blank cell
> 5. Copy cell from other worksheet (always the same cell #)
> 6. Select original worksheet. Press right arrow key once to move to col B.
> 7. Paste in col B blank cell
> 8. Press right arrow once and up arrow once to move to last filled cell in
> col C.
> 9. Extend the formula down one cell in col C.
> Now the previous 3 blank  cells in col A, B & C are filled. But when I
> repeat the macro the same cells are filled, not one down each time. Can
> someone help?
>
> Thanks,
> Joe M.
to find the next empty row
you need to insert

Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Select
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select

this will select the next empty cell in column A
greetings from New Zealand

"Joe M." <JoeM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> > are the steps I did while recording the macro:
>> > 1 .Select & copy A1
>> > 2.Press <cntl> + <end> (this brings me to last filled cell in col C)
>> > 3. Press down arrow key 1 time and left arrow key 2 times to move to
>> > 1st
>> > blank cell in col A.
>> > 4. Paste in col A blank cell
>> > 5. Copy cell from other worksheet (always the same cell #)
>> > 6. Select original worksheet. Press right arrow key once to move to col
>> > B.
>> > 7. Paste in col B blank cell
>> > 8. Press right arrow once and up arrow once to move to last filled cell
>> > in
>> > col C.
>> > 9. Extend the formula down one cell in col C.
>> > Now the previous 3 blank  cells in col A, B & C are filled. But when I
>> > repeat the macro the same cells are filled, not one down each time. Can

0
Bill
12/16/2009 9:10:30 PM
Jim,

I looked for the Relative option when I go to TOOLS > MACRO > STOP
RECORDING, I don't see this option. I don't see a macro toolbar. I'm using
Excel 2003.
Many thanks,
Joe M.

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

> What you are doing is a mix of Relative and Staic references. You can record
> a mocro that will do this but it is tricky. Oddly enough it is much easier to
> write from scratch.
>
> If you want to record the macro then Before you do the down arro operation
> followed by the subsequent down arrow, first select the relative opton on the
> Stop recording tool bar. This makes your movements relative to the active
> cell and not absolute. To complete this macro you will have to switch it on
> and off fairly often and plan on getting it wrong more than once...
>
> Written from scratch it will look something like this...
>
> Sub CopyStuff()
>  dim rngToPaste as range
>
>  set rngtopaste = cells(rows.count, "A").end(xlup).offset(1,0)
>  'rngtopaste is now at the first blank cell in column A
>  sheets("Sheet1").Range("C1").copy rngtopaste 'paste in A
>  Sheets("Sheet2").range("D100").copy rngtopaste.offset(0,1) 'Paste in B
>  rngtopaste.offset(-1, 2).copy rngtopste.offset(0,2) 'Paste in C
>
> end sub
> --
> HTH...
>
> Jim Thomlinson
>

> "Joe M." wrote:
>
> > Hi. I am trying to use a macro to move from A1 to the first blank cell in col
> > A. There are no gaps in the data. When the first blank cell is selected, data
> > will be copied and pasted from another worksheet. Then the adjacent cell in
> > col B must be selected and again data will be copied and pasted there from
> > another worksheet. Finally, the adjacent cell in col C must be selected but
> > the formula from the cell above must be extended down one cell. I have
> > recorded a macro which does all this but the problem is that when I repeat
> > the macro the same row is always selected instead of the next blank one. Here
> > are the steps I did while recording the macro:
> > 1 .Select & copy A1
> > 2.Press <cntl> + <end> (this brings me to last filled cell in col C)
> > 3. Press down arrow key 1 time and left arrow key 2 times to move to 1st
> > blank cell in col A.
> > 4. Paste in col A blank cell
> > 5. Copy cell from other worksheet (always the same cell #)
> > 6. Select original worksheet. Press right arrow key once to move to col B.
> > 7. Paste in col B blank cell
> > 8. Press right arrow once and up arrow once to move to last filled cell in
> > col C.
> > 9. Extend the formula down one cell in col C.
> > Now the previous 3 blank  cells in col A, B & C are filled. But when I
> > repeat the macro the same cells are filled, not one down each time. Can
> > someone help?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Joe M.
Joe

You have lost the stop recording toolbar?

Go to Tools>Macro>Record new macro.

Click OK on the macroname and where to store dialog.

Tools>Customize...............hit Stop Recording which will show the SR
Toolbar with a stop button and relative reference button,

Click on the stop recording button........DO NOT click on the "x" or you
will lose the toolbar again.

Delete the module with your dummy macro.

Next time you record a macro the SR toolbar should come up.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 13:32:02 -0800, Joe M. <JoeM@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

> [...]
>> > the macro the same row is always selected instead of the next blank one. Here
>> > are the steps I did while recording the macro:
>> > 1 .Select & copy A1
>> > 2.Press <cntl> + <end> (this brings me to last filled cell in col C)
>> > 3. Press down arrow key 1 time and left arrow key 2 times to move to 1st
>> > blank cell in col A.
>> > 4. Paste in col A blank cell
>> > 5. Copy cell from other worksheet (always the same cell #)
>> > 6. Select original worksheet. Press right arrow key once to move to col B.
>> > 7. Paste in col B blank cell
>> > 8. Press right arrow once and up arrow once to move to last filled cell in
>> > col C.
>> > 9. Extend the formula down one cell in col C.
>> > Now the previous 3 blank  cells in col A, B & C are filled. But when I
>> > repeat the macro the same cells are filled, not one down each time. Can

0
Gord

How to generate a truly empty cell
"" generates a zero-length string, not a truly empty cell. This is causing problems elsewhere. I'd like to find an output for an IF statement that will give me a truly empty cell. The current formula is: =IF(COUNT(C24:C29)>0,SUM(C24:C29),"") Any ideas? If it involves a macro (as I think it might, having read other posts), please explain how to implement it. Thanks! <This is causing problems elsewhere> It shouldn't. Don't use ISBLANK(A1), use A1="" -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "paulkaye" <paulmjkaye@gm...

clustered stack column charts #2
I am trying to create a chart with three stacks in two columns. I tried using the method described by Bernard Liengmen's but it doesn't allow me to add a secondary axis for the last (sixth) data series. I don't get it??? How does one series in a stacked cluster use the secondary axis? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Lou T wrote: > I am trying to create a chart with three stacks in two columns. I tried > using the method described by Bernard Liengmen's but it ...

Macro
Is it possible to add a macro as a custom POS button? Thank you, Sylvain ...

Exchange server unreachable after being moved
Hello, people. I hope you could help me with this issue. We have two Exchange 2003 servers (A and B) in our organization. The server A is the main server and as it was needed, server B was added in the same Administrative group in the same site. But the last server (B) was ment to inhabit in another country, so this server was sent to my coutry. Now they both keep a constant communication via VPN. The problem is that since de the server is here, only internal message can be delivered (among mailboxes in this server) but not messages between servers (I mean, a message sent from a mail...

newbie needs help
Hello, First to let you all know, I am a big novice at this kind of stuff, so please bear with me. What I am trying to do is make a trendchart with 9 different plots on it. How do I change the numbers on the side and bottom of the chart to read what I need them to? I take these tests 3 times a week and would like to chart all of them seperately and also together to chart progress for a whole month. One for each day, and then one for the month. Then I would like to do the same for the following months of the year. And I would like to have one chart to show the progress for the whole...

I need to write this formula in basic
Hi! Does anyone know how to write this formula in Basic. I need to make it work in Openoffice because Excel seems to crash with a list of 20000 people. =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP((RC1&R1C),Sheet1!R2C1:R45000C4,4,0)),"""",VLOOKUP ((RC1&R1C),Sheet1!R2C1:R45000C4,4,0)) Thanks!! ...

need document properties statistics revision information
using excel 2000 pro in document properties; statistics tab; bottom half of info i do see "last saved by" info but cannot find help on how to get the "revision number" and "total editing time" information.. can anyone help me with this.. I would like to set it up so that it is automatically entered for every document i create and not have to recreate for every file.. thanks ...

Creating a view with concatenated columns
I have a table with about 20 columns and I am trying to create a view of it that includes about 10 columns. The problem is that in the process, I am trying to concatenate some fields into one field and I am unable to get any thing working. Below is one example of my attempts to tackle this. Any ideas will be highly appreciated. // The following should be considered as pseudo-SQL CREATE function [dbo].[fn_myview] (@CardNo varchar(11)) returns Table as BEGIN declare @FullName as nvarchar(128) (SELECT FirstName, FatherName, GFatherName, FamilyName, Birthdate, Birthplace...

How can I autofill dates having a blank cell between each day?
Hi Dee, Enter a date in cell A1 (eg 5/13/08), enter the next day's date in cell A3 (eg 5/14/08). Select cells A1 trough to A4 (ie select two dates and two blank cells). See the little dot at the bottom right of the selection rectangle? Click on that (the cursor will change to a cross when you are over the right spot) and drag it down as far as you want. Ed Ferrero www.edferrero.com ...

Automatically inserting text into a cell
I have a formula in a cell that reads like this; =IF(A12="","",WORKDAY,(A12,5) In column M I am asking if a report is due Y/N. Can I add to the above formula to automatically insert "N/A" into N12 if there is a "N" in column M? One way: N12: =IF(M12="N","N/A",IF(A12="","",WORKDAY(A12, 5))) In article <39A51AAF-D44A-4356-B20A-71C8AA661338@microsoft.com>, Roy <Roy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a formula in a cell that reads like this; > =IF(A12="","",W...

How can you set up a form that the cursor only moves to cells tha.
I have set up a form. Now I want my cusor to move through the worksheet only in certain cells. I want to be able to go from one cell that needs to be filled out to the next cell that needs to be filled out automatically. Example , move from cell a3 to c19 automatically. How can I do that? Hi! You can accomplish that by setting sheet protection. Select all the cells that you want to be able to navigate to then goto Format>Cells>Protection tab. Uncheck Locked. Now, goto Tools>Protection>Protect sheet. A list of options will appear. Uncheck Select locked cells and check...

OL 2000 .pst file moving to new computer
I am trying to export a OL 2000 .pst file running under Windows XP with SP 1. I want to export or save the file so I can open it up on my other computer using Outlook 2000 under Windows 98. When opening the outlook.pst file on the computer with Windows 98 I received the following message - "File access is denied; You do not have the permission required to access the file C:\WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook outlook.pst." I had exported that outlook.pst file to a CD and then copied it into WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook ...

Add new record using first available non-numeric ID; update two ta
Access 2003, Windows XP Pro SP2 I have two tables, tblDed and tblVendor. tblDed contains two columns (DedID and Avail). The first column contains a list of all DedIDs allowed to be used. The second is a Yes/No choice indicating whether or not that DedID has been used already. tblVendor contains multiple columns with misc. data relevant to the Vendor. I want to create a form that will accomplish three things: 1. Use the next available unused DedID when a command button on a referring menu page (frmMenu, btnNew) is pressed. 2. Mark the now-used DedID in tblDed as "No" - no ...

Moving SOMgr & Server
After installing POS,Mgr & server one one computer (and it works fine) I have moved the Server and Mgr to another computer on the network. The POS and dongole remain on original computer. When I go into the Mgr I get the 941 error about dondgle not being found. Is there something else I need to do so Mgr sees the dongle on POS machine? The POS station with the dongle needs to be Register #1 and needs to be the first machine to run RMS POS every day. Tom "NcS" wrote: > After installing POS,Mgr & server one one computer (and it works fine) I have > moved the Ser...

Display lists in an arbitrary number of columns
I have written and posted the following articles which will prove useful = to some: Display Lists in Columns Horizontally Using One Cell per Column http://www.braintrove.com/default.aspx?p=3D3&s=3D1&i=3D34 Display Lists in Columns Horizontally Using Individual Cells http://www.braintrove.com/default.aspx?p=3D3&s=3D1&i=3D33 Display Lists in Columns Vertically Using One Cells per Column http://www.braintrove.com/default.aspx?p=3D3&s=3D1&i=3D32 Display Lists in Columns Vertically Using Individual Cells http://www.braintrove.com/default.aspx?p=3D3&s=3D1&i=3D31 ...

Personal Macro Workboos
Is it possible for a personal macro Workbook to be shared between two people or do I need to make sure there is a copy of the personal macro workboox on each machine. Are you wanting to share macros between people? If so you could create an addin with the macros. That add-in could be stored on a network server and accessed from there to ensure that you both (all?) have the same version. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "DK" <DK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC9A4A67-F391-44ED-9E53-C11DE3131008@microsoft.com... > ...

Move server
I have 2 NT 4.0 boxes running Exchange 5.5. I want to move all the Exchange site and mailbox info to the newer of the boxes. I know there is a white paper on this. Can someone point me in the right direction? Cannot seem to find it on my own. Thanks and happy holoiday Frank Frank, The first step would be to move all of the mailboxes to the newer server. The second step would be to decommission the older server. I have included a link to an article detailing how to remove the first server in a site. 152959 XADM: How to Remove the First Exchange Server in a Site http://support.micr...

Sent emails not moved from Outbox to Sent folder
Using Windows Live Mail (Version 2009 Build 14.0.8089.0726) I often find that sent emails are not moved from my Outbox to my Sent folder. When first discovering this I would resend the email in the Outbox or query the intended recipient (with apologies), asking if the email had been received. In each instance the email HAD been sent, just never moved to the Sent folder. 1) Is there any way I can determine if mail sitting in my Outbox has actually been sent -- without querying the recipient? 2) Is there any way I can get Windows Live Mail to properly move sent emails from ...

COUNTIF with adjacent columns
I have a spreadsheet which has a list of tasks in one column and directly next to it whether that task is complete/not complete/ rescheduled. For example in cell B2 the task is CL and in column C2 the task is complete: B C 2 CL Complete I would like to add a tally box at the bottom for all CL tasks which are complete, then another for not complete and another for rescheduled. At the moment, I can only get it to COUNTIF on either the CL or the complete value but not both together. Any help greatly appreciated! Try this: A B C ...

how to put a loop in a macro?
I have a macro as follows: Sub Macro2() ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Range("A1").Select Selection.Hyperlinks.Delete Selection.Cut ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 1).Range("A1").Select ActiveSheet.Paste ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Rows("1:2").EntireRow.Select Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp ActiveCell.Offset(2, 0).Range("A1").Select End Sub It selects the above cell. Remove the hyperlink, moves it to top-right cell, selects two rows and delete them and sits in the two rows below same cell as started and ready to do this task again. I have many...

Determine a cell's width and enter it in the cell
I have several workbooks with multiple sheets that I'd like to have the same various column widths on each sheet. I get it all set up and then one column will need to be wider. Now I have to go to a cell in each column, check column width, and enter it in each cell. I then have a sub that reads the value in a cell and sets the width to that value so that I can copy the row to each other sheet to resize them. Is there a way to automatically read a cell's width and enter that value in the cell? Thanks for any suggestions. As an alternative: you could "group" all the...

Convert Word Table -> Excel without merged cells?
Whenver I copy/paste tables from word to excel, I get merged cells in Excel whenever there are line breaks in the word table cells. How can I avoid this? TIA Steve Saved from a previous post: If your cells in your word table contain paragraph mark or linebreak characters, then excel will bring them over as separate cells. One way around it is to convert those paragraph marks & linebreaks to unique characters, then copy|paste and then convert them back to linefeeds. I like this technique (inside a copy of the word file): Select your table. Edit|replace|Special (show More if required)...

Deleting Parts of Cells
I have a list of information in a column. All the information has the format of having numbers and letters then a / and more data. I only want to look at the data to the left of the /. So, I would like the data to the right of the / deleted, including the /. For example, I need YYY9/5 to read YYY9. Any suggestions? You could bring it into Excel as a txt file open the txt file in excel Text Import Wizard will appear select >delimited check > other and type the "/" into the box finish you should have a separation where the / was. "GOL" wrote: >...

I need help with a formula
Hi everyone I'm making a stock list sheet and I like to put on it the value - and + .. like when I take boxes out it will give me the total and when I add in it will change also. This is for a weekly count. I'm very new to excel so please H-E-L-P-. I need the instruction like u give it to a child. :) :) Thanks a lot -- pampam ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pampam's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26224 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395241 We need ...

Transform a Cell from Formula to Number
Is there a way to turn a cell from a formula to the number the formula outputs? Copy it to the clipboard, then do Edit>PasteSpceial, click Values -- HTH Bob Phillips "Sloth" <Sloth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76DA206E-CFC3-4E63-9789-69735538E1A7@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to turn a cell from a formula to the number the formula outputs? Copy the cell. Edit/Paste Special/Values. In article <76DA206E-CFC3-4E63-9789-69735538E1A7@microsoft.com>, "Sloth" <Sloth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to...