Need macro help to close excel

I have created a button in Access2000 that opens an Excel Spreadsheet.  What
I need now is assit in closing excel upon completion.  I can get an excel
macro to save my file and close the worksheet, but it is not closing excel
entirely.  I'm on project with this employer and could use a response today
to fix this before I leave.  Thanks much to any and all.  My macro is as
follows:

Sub SaveClose()
'
' SaveClose Macro
' Macro recorded 9/27/2004 by cdjohnso
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+C
'
    ChDir "I:\SchoolsSurvey\Graphs_Reports"
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
        "I:\SchoolsSurvey\Graphs_Reports\Responses_incl_Phase_2.xls",
FileFormat:= _
        xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="",
ReadOnlyRecommended:=False _
        , CreateBackup:=False
    ActiveWorkbook.Close
    ActiveWindow.Close
    Set excelApp = GetObject(, "Excel.application")
    excelApp.Quit
End Sub

i would just use these two lines at the end:

ActiveWorkbook.Save

Application.Quit

instead of:

--
icestationzbr
icestationzbra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=458

I have edited your code below. after you save, just use
application.quit instead of activeworkbook and
activewindow etc.

Sanjay V.
sanjayva at yahoo dot com

Sub SaveClose()
'
' SaveClose Macro
' Macro recorded 9/27/2004 by cdjohnso
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+C
'
    ChDir "I:\SchoolsSurvey\Graphs_Reports"
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
        "I:\SchoolsSurvey\Graphs_Reports\Responses_incl_Ph
ase_2.xls",
FileFormat:= _
        xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="",
ReadOnlyRecommended:=False _
        , CreateBackup:=False

Application.quit

'    ActiveWorkbook.Close
'    ActiveWindow.Close
'    Set excelApp = GetObject(, "Excel.application")
'    excelApp.Quit
End Sub

0
sanjayva (3)
9/27/2004 7:48:58 PM
You are sooooo aaawwwsumm!! I've been banging my head all morning.  Now I can
take a deep breath (and a break!!).  many thanks!!  This is my first exposure
to this forum.  You can bet I will bookmark in my mind the web address so I
can use it in my future life!

Thanks Again!

"icestationzbra" wrote:

> i would just use these two lines at the end:
>
> ActiveWorkbook.Save
>
> Application.Quit
>
> instead of:
>
> ActiveWorkbook.Close
> ActiveWindow.Close
> Set excelApp = GetObject(, "Excel.application")
> excelApp.Quit
>

> --
> icestationzbra
> icestationzbra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4580
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=263973

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Please help #8

I need a macro

learning Excel #3

Help with importing data

Excel VBA

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

How do I find the Data Analysis Plus toolpak for excel
does anyone know where I could find the data analysis plus toolpak. opher32 - > does anyone know where I could find the data analysis plus toolpak. < Start by looking on the CD that was in the back of the textbook. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

Q:Excel/ODBC/Login ....
Hi' there ! My situation is this; My customer have a hole bunch of different Excel workbooks - with VB code inside. In this VB code the user/pwd to the ODBC connection is hardcoded. This hardcoding is not approved by audit. Is there any smart way (opposed the insert a login-dialogbox in each of those workbooks) - to solve this problem? What I thought of, is to make a button on my menubar to etablish the ODBC connection and regardless of wich workbook I open - hold this connection open. But somethins tells me, that the code should beplaced in a workbook - and not directly in Excel...

How do I lock individuals cells within an Excel spreadsheet so th.
i am trying to lock cells that have formulas in them, but other cells in the spreadsheet need to be unlocked so the end users can enter information. Hi first select the cells for which you want to allow entries and goto 'Format - Cells - Protection' and uncheck 'Locked'. Now protect the sheet 'Tools - Protection' "ucastores" wrote: > i am trying to lock cells that have formulas in them, but other cells in the > spreadsheet need to be unlocked so the end users can enter information. ...

Please Help with Multiple Field Primary Keys
I have two tables in a database that have to use four fields for a unique identifier and primary key. How do I set up a query to set a relationship between those four fields together as one? When I add the tables to the query I see the fields, but I am not having any success properly setting the relationships. The upper half of the query design window is where the 2 tables appear. Drag Field1 from Table1, and drop it into Field1 from Table2. Access displays a join line from one table to the other. Drag Field2 from Table1, and drop it into Field2 from Table2. Repeat for the other 3 f...

Any way to open an excel file directly to a worksheet?
I am building an application with an icon that launches an excel file when clicked. Is there any way I can open the file directly to a specified worksheet? The names of the worksheet are fixed and so is the file, so I am guessing adding some parameter after the filename should do the trick. Any help will be appreciated. Regards Sid -- skiddyrow ------------------------------------------------------------------------ skiddyrow's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23965 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=386335 Hey...