need help with - time values...

Can anyone help me with this problem?

I am making a table that will calculate hrs worked.  Column B has the
hr started.  Column C has the end time.  Note - the start time can be
in the evening and the end time can be in the am of the next day -
giving me a negetive number.

I would need the easiest way to find the time difference between the
two.  This would be my column D.  I would then need to add these two
columns up to figure the total number hrs worked...

Thanks!  :)

--
rvnwdr
rvnwdr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23903

Use:
=IF(C1>B1,C1-B1,1-(B1-C1))
and use the time format h:mm to display

For totalling, use:
=SUM(D1:D10)
assuming 10 rows of data, and format as dd:hh:mm because more than 24
hours will display the residual part in the format hh:mm. Example 27:00
will display 03:00. So changing to dd:hh:mm will display 1:03:00
correctly. If you want the display to show 27, then use:
=SUM(D1:D10)*24
and format as general

Mangesh

--
mangesh_yadav
mangesh_yadav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10470

=MOD(C1-B1,1)

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"rvnwdr" <rvnwdr.1py5aa_1117627503.1146@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:rvnwdr.1py5aa_1117627503.1146@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Can anyone help me with this problem?
>
> I am making a table that will calculate hrs worked.  Column B has the
> hr started.  Column C has the end time.  Note - the start time can be
> in the evening and the end time can be in the am of the next day -
> giving me a negetive number.
>
> I would need the easiest way to find the time difference between the
> two.  This would be my column D.  I would then need to add these two
> columns up to figure the total number hrs worked...
>
> Thanks!  :)
>

> --
> rvnwdr
> rvnwdr's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23903
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=375589

0
phillips1 (803)

Error message needed if incorrect Date Of Birth (DOB) entered
Hi, In cell D6 I have a DOB entered....in cell E6 I have a datedif function that has 3 conditional formatting set as: 1 - If D6 is blank, E6 is blank. 2 - If DOB in D6 is between 18 - 24 then E6 shows age and cell is yellow. 3 - If DOB in D6 is 25 or over then E6 shows age and cell is blue. What I need is when a DOB is entered in D6 under 16 years old, then D6 returns an error message -" You have Entered an Age under 16 Years - Retry!! ". I have tried Data Validation, but cant get a message from tha as I dont know what to set as the date validation. I do need a...

How chart time scale x-axis with another date serie
Hello all. I have this problem, I will need to create this chart that I don't know how to. Serie 1 is below which needs to be time scaled Date Count 1/1/2006 12 1/2/2006 3 1/3/2006 5 2/1/2006 18 2/3/2006 4 2/18/2006 9 4/1/2006 18 7/4/2006 38 Serie 2 - needs to plot the three dates in serie 1's time scaled X-Axis with symbols. 1/31/2006 2/18/2006 4/2/2006 I will look something like you have a line of count on a time-scaled chart, with 3 dates point in the x-axis. Please ...

Formula Help (to many expresions)
Could one of you give me a hand with this... I'm trying to put a formula in a spreadsheet that has too many expressions in it. I understand there is a limit to the number of equations that can be in a formula but there must be a way around the cap. Or maybe another way to write the formula? What I am trying to say in the formula is that if... If X is less than 09 then B1 = what's in cell C2 If X is less than 25 then B1 = what's in cell C3 If X is less than 51 then B1 = what's in cell C4 The expression I have written looks like this... =IF(X<10,"N/A",IF(X<...

Max of value from DataGroup2 within DataGroup1
Hello - I have a table with data as follows below. I am trying to build a query that will give me the record with MAX of specDiffMax [value] for each TestFreq [DataGroup 2] within each TestNum [DataGroup1]. ID TestNum TestFreq specDiffMax -------------------------------------------- 4889683 Test 1 1710 3.669998 5123289 Test 1 1710 2.882999 4817314 Test 1 1710 3.102001 5134007 Test 1 1710.2 3.573002 4896056 Test 1 1710.2 3.355 4914480 Test 1 1710.2 3.515999 4889685 Test 2 1710.4 3.333 4896057 Test 2 1710.4 3.450001 4914481 Test 2 ...

How to Change Value of Active Control
I'm writing a routine to change the value of any Active Control to null. I can get the name of the control using ActiveControl.Name but I can't figure out the syntax to change the value of this control. I've tried assigning it to variables but variables aren't working in a: Forms![variable]![variable] = "" Help "Sondreli" <Sondreli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA05A840-2AFE-4F98-ABE9-5D2DD17AE0B8@microsoft.com... > I'm writing a routine to change the value of any Active Control to null. > I > can g...

mscvr71.dll help
How do I make my VS.net 2003 software not depend on msvcr71.dll? Thanks. Use static linking. I don't know where to set the option in VS7, but it used to be under Code Generation where you selected the desired C runtime library to use. In VS6 we had a choice between a dynamically-linked runtime and a statically-linked runtime. I've not had to make this choice under VS7 so I'm not sure where, in their overly-clever and completely gratuitous reimplementation of the user interface, this has been hidden. joe On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 22:24:56 GMT, anonymous@coolgroups.com wrote: &g...

Help with ShowFilter Macro
I'm trying to use this ShowFilter UDF written by Tom Ogilvy (see bottom of post). It says to use... =showfilter(B2)&CHAR(SUBTOTAL(9,B3)*0+32) ....in a cell to show the criteria for Column B. For one thing, I don't understand the cells B2 and B3 business. What is supposed to be in those cells? I would like this function to appear in the cell directly above or below the Autofilter menu cell. How do I change the function if the Autofilter criteria menu is in, cell A3, for example, and I want the criteria (this function) to appear just above, in cell A2? After trying all so...

Publisher 2003 Viewer is needed
Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they have for the other programs in Office? Can they? Yes Will they? Unlikely Mike Larry M. in Illinois wrote: > Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they have for > the other programs in Office? Larry M. in Illinois <Larry M. in Illinois@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they > have for the other programs in Office? Could they? Yes Is it profitable for them to do so? Probably not. W...

Validation Rule for field values
I have a database that includes a phone number field. I want to prevent a user from creating a new record that contains a phone number that is currently in a record that exists in the database.I am using a form for data entry into the table. Somehow I'd like for there to be a check to see if the phone number typed into the phone number field to be checked against existing phone numbers in the database.I've researched various sources but haven't been able to find the solution. I'm not familiar with VB so any replies that suggest using that will probably not work for me. Sorry, j...

Help with automating file name
I have the following code that exports the below query to excell. I would like the files name to include the month and date. How would I format this? DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "qryShopOrderSqFtShippedSummaryExport",_ acFormatXLS, "W:\Cokato\Production\ProdRoomRpt.xls" -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200708/1 Hi, Matt. > I would > like the files name to include the month and date. Uh, . . . the date _always_ includes the month, unless you're r...

Please help with last formula for order form.
I am able to accomplish this with 1 column by the formulas below. Cell H160 is the subtotal: =IF(SUM(H72:H111)>0,SUM(H72:H111),"") Cell H166 the total: =IF(SUM(H160)>0,SUM((H160*H163)+H160),"") Cell H163 is for Tax. I am almost finished creating an order form. I would like to get the SUM of 3 different columns that are separated. I am not able auto fill strait down the column, because the information is separated in groups with titles, and the cells are not identically sized. I tried varations of this formula: =IF(SUM(H72:H111)+(116:131)+(135:154)>0,SUM ((H72:H...

How do I convert time (hh:mm) to value ($$) in Excel?
Would like to calculate cost of time. Eg. Cost for production down time per minute is $100. Says production doen for 3.5 hrs, what is formula shall I apply in order to generate the cost (in $$). =3.5*60*100 "ahfen79" wrote: > Would like to calculate cost of time. Eg. Cost for production down time per > minute is $100. Says production doen for 3.5 hrs, what is formula shall I > apply in order to generate the cost (in $$). =(3.5/24)*60*100 -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "ahfen79" <ahfen79@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Date/Time Displayed as 07/tt/jjjj
Hi, I'm new with MS CRM and just testing it. I have a prob with all date/time fields like described in the subject of this post. Timezone is set for all users Problem occurs in all date/time fields in the web application Anyone has a clue? Regards Jan As Administrator, go to Home > Settings > there is an area in there (can't remember what its called) that enable you to change default date/time format "JanScheider" <JanScheider@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1F22171-AEDC-4222-A8CE-3E333B0576CA@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'...

How do I add multiple times together
Hi does anyone know how I can add multiple times togther and get the anser in hours and minutes. I have formatted the cell for time however when I atosum I keep getting an answer that is incorrect. Any help? Thanks D Maybe it was just a formatting problem. Try a custom format of: [hh]:mm Playhouse pm wrote: > > Hi does anyone know how I can add multiple times togther and get the anser in > hours and minutes. I have formatted the cell for time however when I atosum I > keep getting an answer that is incorrect. Any help? > Thanks > D -- Dave Peterson ...

Need Hyperlink from Menu Page to work in email
I have a workbook with several tabs. First tab is a "menu" type page (summary of other pages). Currently I have hyperlinks to all the other pages from the menu page. What I want to be able to do is copy the menu page into an email and enable the users to click on the existing hyperlinks (whatever adjustments needed) to go directly to their page of the workbook. Using Excel 2007. Please advise how to do this and what changes may be need for both options to work. ...

SmartList Restrictions help
I built a SmartList that is based on the Year-to-Date Transaction Open file, and has the Account Master linked to it. I want to restrict it to accounts that begin with 36, 38, or 2504. I tried adding a restriction that says "Account Number:Account_Segment_Pool1 begins with 36 OR 38 OR 2504", but I got no results when I did it that way. I also set up 3 separate restrictions, but that didn't work either. Is this possible? I can't find much information about how to write restrictions in SL Builder. ...

Conditional formatting help #4
My problem is that, that i want to ignore blank i mean i had set a conditional formatting say A B C D 24.9 25.9 25 25.8 22.6 23.4 22.5 23.3 If value in ColA is less than value in ColC, cell A1 is shaded blue OR if value in ColB is greater than value in ColD, cell B1 shaded blue. I have done above formatting but my problem is that if i dont enter anything in colC then also colA is shaded in blue similarly if i dont enter any value in colD then also col B is shaded.I mean i want to ignore the blank.I need , if col C is blank then the Col A must be normal .& if col D is blank & i ent...

help plz
my account has been inactive how to i reacctivate it? What account and what does this have to do with Outlook? "heather" <tracyliepke@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:066001c36c53$bb68d180$a501280a@phx.gbl... > my account has been inactive how to i reacctivate it? ...

Help with queries
Hi Guys, This is the first time after school that I am trying to use ms access at work and i need ur help in creating a query. Any help will be highly appreciated!! Here is what I need... I have relatively small ms acces database with about 1000 I have 3 colums date ipaddress sitename 12/09 34.3.3.3 A 12/09 34.3.3.3 A 12/09 34.3.3.3 A 12/09 33.4.4.4 B 12/09 33.4.4.55 C What i need is if an ipadress is recorded more t...

Plugins, more info needed
Hi, We are looking at adding plugins to our app, but i am not sure what the best way of doing would it be. Does anybody know where i could find some example of project with their plug-ins. Preferably some code to play around with would be great. How would my app load those plugins? would they all be Dll's that load at runtime? We want to offer an SDK eventually allowing users to create their own plugins, so we want to do it properly to ensure that it is as flexible as possible. Many thanks. Sims. Hi, Typically, you have developers create a dll your app will load that exports cert...

Run-time error '380'
Back in 2003 I created a macro for a form that was working fine. I haven't used it since but now that I need it, I get all these strange errors that I am sure where not there back in 2003 (e.g. I had to in include VBA in the following line: txtBirth.Value = VBA.Format(spnBirth.Value, "d-mmm-yyyy") Now my problem is with the code: spnDOE.Value = Date when I get a run-time error 380 that it could not set the value property. Invalid property value. Any ideas? ...

Need help to choose loyalty program integrated with website
Hello. My name is Alex and I am working for franchise company using RMS system. We are looking for loyalty program integrated with web store. We have 12 franchisee stores using RMS and they are all conneted to our HQ system in main office. We want customers to earn point for each sales and redeem their points only at our website. (not on off-line store) Can anybody recommend best solution for our plan? Thank you. ...

Getting an UnBound control value into a Table field??????
I have a form that calculates a production rate in "parts per hour". This form needs to be able to differentiate between Line work, Cutter work, Side work, and Blister work. I created a drop down list for selecting the "Study Type" as listed above. I then created a text box for each "study type". When I select the "study type" each text box checks to see if the selection applies to it and makes the calculation if it does apply. The code for the "Line" study is as follows: =IIf([StudyType]="Line",2700?/[SecondsPerPart])...

Help And Advive For A Novice
HELP AND ADVICE FOR A NOVICE This Is Not A Question About Using Excell But How To Download E -books I Have Purchased 2 E-books (a)f1 Excell And (b) Financial Statements. Encountered Difficulty In Downloading Because The Instructions Were Not Very Clear For Novice And Message Flagged Up "zip File Corrupted" I Have Utilised My Permitted Downloads. Therfore I Have Not In A Position To Use The E-books -- Joe Williams ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Joe Williams's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23...