Need help with IF function

I need help writing an IF expression:
IF("reference cell is empty", leave blank, otherwise statement)

than

=IF(A1="","",Statement

=if(Cell Number="","",Statement)

rmo5354 wrote:
> *I need help writing an IF expression:
> IF("reference cell is empty", leave blank, otherwise statement)
>
> thanx

To indicate a cell is empty, simply use quotes with nothing in between them
(not even a space).  For example:  =if(A1="","","Not Empty")

In this statement, I have stated that in cell A1, if it is empty it will
show empty, but if there is any value, it will state Not Empty.  Let me know
if this helps you out.

"rmo5354 >" wrote:

> I need help writing an IF expression:
> IF("reference cell is empty", leave blank, otherwise statement)
>
> thanx
>

> ---

Geeoff (2)
2/23/2005 3:03:03 PM
What if I want to say if any of these cells are not blank then print
"something"  Is that possible?  I can't seem to get it to work.

"ElsiePOA >" wrote:

> =IF(A1="","",Statement)
>

> ---

brodiemac (19)

Custom Functions in an Add-in
I work in an office using Excel 2007 and we have created a few custom functions and saved them as an add in within Excel (i.e. with extension .xla). The custom functions work fine, but we would like to have them available to all users on our local network. We currently do this by having local copies of the .xla file on each machine, however the .xla file is often updated and it is a pain making sure everyone is running the most up to date version. I have tried pointing each users' Excel at a single version of the .xla file on our server, but this slows Excel down significantly on loadin...

How do I send help link....?
Hi! How can I send a link that takes the person to the help file on their machine...of course I'm assuming that we all have the same Office suite installed and that the location of my help files are the same as the other persons. Am I clear? TIA Raymond ...

HELP scanpst.exe fails
Outlook 2000 fails to open and recommends running the inbox repair tool. When running the tool it fails and gives the following error message: An error has occurred which caused the scan to stop. No changes have been made to the scanned file. The .pst file is 1.96 GB. The mail is downaloaded from our ISP, so it resides only on the .pst. We need to resolve this problem ASAP. PLEASE HELP! Thanks in advance, Emjay Your .PST file is dangerously close to the 2GB limit. If scanpst.exe isn't working, you may need to use the crop tool. Look here for the information you need to hopefull...

Need message box to be at front of screen
Greetings all. I have set a timer on a form which has a message box that pops up at defined intervals telling the user they are still being timed. The problem is that if they are using another application with access minimized, the message box is not visible until they minimize all other applications that are on top of it. Is there a way to make the message box show on top of all other open applications? I am using Access 2003 with XP Pro. Thank you. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com If you are using the Access application to pop up an Access messagebox, I ...

Can Anyone Help me?
Hi, I'm new to Pub 2003. I am creating an advert. I have used the rectangular 'auto-shape' and filled it with a transparent fade to black. Ofcourse it is very important that it is transparent, but when I come to print it, it appears as a solid rectangle. Does anyone know how to change this and basically print how you see it on the screen?? Many thanks, Ben Publisher has always had problems with transparency. Create your auto-shape with your preferred transparency. Right-click, save as picture. Choose .png. Re-insert into your publication. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mv...

outlook express frozen HELP!
when I click to reply to a sender, the reply box never pops up and outlook express becomes frozen so i do ctrl, alt delete and it says its not responding so i end task and try to reopen and it says outlook is still running i dunno how to fix this.....please help sophie ...

Can
I need an IF then state to Edit/paste special/value into the cell so that the value only remains, not the function. I only want it to calculate once. Is there an easy way? Thank you Hi Ron this can not be done with a formula, you need to use VBA code ... this can be done "automatically" via a Worksheet_Change procedure, e.g. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Application.EnableEvents = False If Target.Address = "$A$1" And Target.Value <> "" Then Range("A3").Copy Range("A3").PasteSpecial (xl...

Resolve Case, Resolution Type Field (Need more options)
I need to add more options to the Resolution Type Field (There is only the PROBLEM SOLVED option) and i can't find where , It seems to be a Pickup list but the form Resolve Case and its fields do not appear anywhere, Please let me know how can i do this if somebody knows it.... -- cB - Thanks in advance I'm having the same issue! "cB" wrote: > I need to add more options to the Resolution Type Field (There is only the > PROBLEM SOLVED option) and i can't find where , It seems to be a Pickup list > but the form Resolve Case and its fields do not appear...

i need your help
i am providing you with my problem with an excel attachment file please reply me asap. Attachment filename: help me.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=463626 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi I would suggest using Data / Filter / AutoFilter. This is a very simple yet effective way of doing what you want. If you need to create separate 'tables' you can use the Advanced Filter Andy. "mangesh >" <<mangesh.12lfkr@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:mangesh.12lfkr@e...

VBA editor & help
Is there any way to keep the VBA window from re-sizing when help is used? I can start help, resize the editor, ALT-TAB to help and the editor shrinks again. Excel 2K. Thanks, Mike If you are comfortable modifying the system registry with RegEdit (remember, there are no "undo" or "save without changes" operations with the registry -- everything is live), you can add a new DWORD value named "IsFloating" and give it a value of 1. Create this value in the key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Common\HelpViewer Restart Excel after you create the Is...

Outlook Help #11
I am running outlook express 5 for mac. I would like to no how to put a graphic in with my signature. What kind of file and how to import it in. Thanks for any help!! PrePress <art@graphiccraft.com> wrote: > I am running outlook express 5 for mac. > I would like to no how to put a graphic in with my signature. > What kind of file and how to import it in. > Thanks for any help!! Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

endinvoke exits proxy function? Why?
I am calling a webclass using the proxy functions generated when I referenced the webclass. When I call the end function for the EndGetBug function the function exits without error on the Dim results() As Object = Me.EndInvoke(asyncResult) line. The EndGetBug = CType(results(0), Bug) line never gets executed. Any ideas why? The Synchronous method that has the same ending line of code executes fine. The following is the function. Public Function EndGetBug(ByVal asyncResult As System.IAsyncResult) As Bug Dim results() As Object = Me.EndInvoke(asyncResult) Return CType(results(0), Bug) End Fun...

Help with CInternetSession
Hey everyone, hoping someone can give me a hand here as this seems a little backwards to me. Basically I am writing an application that uploads a file to my webserver (a static IP) using CInternetSessions and CFtpConnection. Now I've included the code I'm using below to illustrate what seems wrong to me (and probably is :( ). Basically I don't know/understand when I'm supposed to delete my sessions and connections (seems like I never call ::Close() probably not a good thing). If anyone can see what I'm doing wrong (remember I'm calling this chunk of code about every ...

Sign In stopped working -- Help
Live was working fine until 2/29/10. Now Windows Live mail Desktop will not send or receive mail. “Sign in” shows in the upper right corner. When I click Sign In (upper right) then “Sign in” box in the sign in pop-up I get “Sorry, we were unable to sign you in to Windows Live ID at this time. Please try again later”. I can access my mail on MSN web (Same address and PW). -- Ann from CA Oops - stopped on the 26th! -- Ann from CA "ann6709" wrote: > Live was working fine until 2/29/10. Now Windows Live mail Desktop will not > send or receive mail....

Help--Calendar Assistant won't install
My calendar won't print in the month view. I'm trying to install the assistant and get stuck when the message says "Outlook must be closed" It is closed, and I also checked the start-up menu. I've checked programs in the Control Panel and Calendar Printing Assistant isn't there. I'm using Visa, and Office 2007 Enterprise. Would appreciate help with this. Thank you. Sorry. Answered my own question. I finally after, say, 58 attempts to install this program, I opened Task Manager, and indeed, there were two OUTLOOK.EXE. files running in the backgro...

How to I get strstr() functionality with CStrings?
Does anyone know of a function that I can call with CStrings (or CStringTs) that will do the same thing that strstr() did with LPSTRs? (It always annoys me to see how many of those old string functions, many of which are quite useful, were not implemented as member functions in CString.) "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C26765CB-72F0-4F8F-9B61-24732FC1FC02@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know of a function that I can call with CStrings (or > CStringTs) > that will do the same thing that strstr() did with LPSTRs? > > (It always anno...

Need Help #9
Hi This =IF(H2,MIN(10,H2),0) returns the numbers from column H with a maximum of 10. The formula is returning 10 if the cell is 10 or over, is something wrong. Question: I need it to return 0 if 10 or over. Microsoft Excel 2002 Thanks in advance Dave On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 16:43:49 -0000, "Dave 2005" <dave@zillion.karoo.co.uk> wrote: >Hi > >This =IF(H2,MIN(10,H2),0) returns the numbers from column H with a maximum >of 10. > >The formula is returning 10 if the cell is 10 or over, is something wrong. > >Question: I need it to return 0 if 10 or ...

Help, please: sorting the Legend
I'm lucky if I use 10% of the power of Excel. I would be grateful for advice. Ten salesmen on a team. At the end of each month, their cumulative totals for the year are updated. The spreadsheet gets re-sorted, showing their standing in rank order. Simple enough. At the beginning of the year, I created a line chart to track each person's progress. I initially listed the names in alphabetical order and defined the series accordingly. The problem comes when I do the end of the month re-sort. The names in the Legend are no longer in alphabetical order but neither do they correctly corres...

XSD Restrictions help please
Greetings all. Is it possible to create a schema to enforce the following issue. If the value for required Attribute A within Element E has an enumerated value of ‘myType’ then element E also needs to have Attribute B. Xml example below E=Item A=type B=len <Items> <Item type=” myType” len=”5” /> <Item type=” NOTmyType” /> </Items> Any help or a point in a semi right direction would be very helpful :) AdamH wrote: > Is it possible to create a schema to enforce the following issue. > > If the value for required Attribute A within Element E has an...

Need a little Macro ...
I need a little Macro that will race thru my Tab Sheets regardless of Tab Sheet Name ... Active sheet ... perform a function ... next sheet ... until all functions complete ... all sheets ... Thanks ... Kha Ken, Try something like Dim WS As Worksheet For Each WS In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets ' do something with WS Next WS -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017001c394da$72b82d00$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I need a l...

Need to set up ID on Outlook Express
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=56dc2f64-f688-4919-a5ea-23b1a55eb054&dg=microsoft.public.outlook Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook i...

Need smart guy advice! VIRUS !?
"Hi. I recently installed SP3 on my computer, and now I get an odd message when I open emails. A box pops up that says, "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose 'No'." My virus scan turned up nothing, and the "detect & repair" function of Outlook did not change this." "After 'Yes' or 'No' outlook stops responding." Thanks, Max. Assuming you are describing Outlook 2002 (part of Office XP), ...

Help with unusual table problem
I would like to be able to add additional data to a table of approx. 2 rows and 4 columns. I would also like the newest data to be on to while the remaining 19 lines all shift one row down and the leas current row of data to drop off. I hope this explains my problem. Thanks, Howd -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Not sure if you might have missed my suggestion to your earlier post yesterday in microsoft.public.excel. ( http://tinyurl.com/239sq ) Based on your "revised" specs in this post: Let's say your table is in Sheet1 in A1:D20 [assume an initial tab...

Help w/ Auto Accept Agent
Hi Everyone. I am installing the Auto Accept Agent in order to facilitate scheduling conference rooms for meetings. This is the first time I've ever used this plug-in. I've created the user account, conference.room@ourdomain.com, and am ready to download the Windows Installer Package. There are a couple of things I am unclear about and want to understand before I proceed. First, when I run the .msi, one of the questions asked is to "Run as Local System" or "This user"? Can anybody explain the difference and when I would use each one? Second, to register th...

help with the script
Hi all, windows 2003 SP2 server I just need to find out that new pdf files have been added to one directory ex:123 and sub directories every 15 days. Can anyone help me with the script? Thank you. "ed" <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EDEE976-93D1-4557-87E7-7EC2E0B1AC20@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > windows 2003 SP2 server > > I just need to find out that new pdf files have been added to one > directory > ex:123 and sub directories every 15 days. > > Can anyone help me with the script? > >...