Need help with complex Lookup formula....

Need a formula that I just can't seem to get.

I have a sheet that has a header row "Day 1" to "Day 31" then belo
that a section of rows with data.

Day 1   Day 2   Day 3   Day 4   ........
1           0          -1         2         ........
0           3          -10       5         ........

What I need to do is write a lookup that takes a day number input (Fo
example, 2) and adds all the data from the column that has "Day 2
header to the next 7 days to "Day 9". So it would be 7 coulmns wide an
like 20 rows down.

I've tried all sorts of stuff but HLOOKUP only returns one cell once i
gets the right column.....how do I get it to sum a block???

I tried everything from lookups to match to indirect and I can't see
to figure this bitch out....thanks!!

--
vpr8
vpr80's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1578

Hi
if your dates start in column A try the following (X1 stores your input
value, e.g. 2):
=SUM(OFFSET($A$2,0,X1-1,100,7))

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15788
> View this thread:

frank.kabel (11126)

Help with SQL (Access2007)
Hello. I am trying to integrate data from several sites into 1 (new) table. In order to distinguish the data from each site in the new table I have a field (InstID) which holds the Instution number of the site. The fields from the old site tables and the new table are identical except for the InstID. InstID and ClientID are Primary Keys. The path to the old table is asked, then the number for the InstID is asked and placed as a variable - varInstID. I have an append sql as follows: Private Sub UpdateDB_Click() ' populate the clients table strSql = "INSERT INTO tblClients ( In...

forecast function help
This might seem a bit newbie but im having trouble with the forecas function. Say for example i have a collection of data for sales of each item ove a number of years: item 2000 2001 2002 2003 1 3 4 5 2 4 3 2 3 2 2 4 4 3 1 5 5 4 1 6 6 2 2 4 i am asked to forcast the values for the year 2003. I have read an looked at many examples on how to do this and still can't work ou where to start? Any help would ...

Formula not being stored any more
Recently, Excel has stopped storing certain formulae in the formula bar. For example, if I type in say "=3*1/10" Excel will store "=0.3" in the formula bar. This is most inconvenient as I want to be able to tell what the constituent parts of the calculation are. It never used to do this so have I accidentally set an option on somewhere? How do I turn it off again? I couldn't duplicate this. If I typed: =3*1/10 and hit F9 (calculate)--not enter I got: 0.3 You're not getting close to the F9 key (with only portions of your formula selected? (Yeah, I did...

Days Old formula?
Hi im having a problem trying to figure out the forumla for days old. M teacher wants us to come up with a formula for the age of 2 dates. Does anyone know any formulas that will work? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you need the days only, subtract =A1-A2 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "frackskat004 >" <<frackskat004.11hxa0@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:frackskat004.11hxa0@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi im having a problem trying to figure out the forumla for days old. My > teacher wants us to come up with a formula for the age o...

Need help with Excel Form & ComboBox Tutorial
At http://www.excel-vba.com/v-forms-controls.htm I have followed instructions... my code on the form is below but it won't run... I've marked the error... Can anybody give me any help with this? thanks Code is below-------------- Private Sub cmdBtnSubmit_Click() shReport.Range("C4").Value = cbxCity.Value cbxCity.Value = "Select a City" frmCity.Hide End Sub Private Sub cmdCityCancel_Click() cbxCity.Value = "Select a City" frmCity.Hide End Sub Private Sub UserForm_Activate() shParameterst.Activate '<-----Run Time Error 424 - Object Required...

Need to set up a slide with 4 text boxes on same page.
Want to end up with 4 "bulleted" boxes that I can to show 4 strategies and associated task on same page. Also, if possible have each one drop in individually to allow flow conrol for the presentation Are you asking a question about how to do that or having trouble with part of that? If the former, just create four separate text boxes with bulleted text, you are not limited to only one text box per slide. Use the Custom Animation, Effects Options, Text Animation settings to control the entrance of the bullet points. Since you didn't say what version of PowerPoi...

Customer Address Help
Hi, I was wondering if anybody knew of a way to run a customer report that invluced the customers address, city, state, and zip in it. I am not very familiar with crystal reports, so if there is another way that would be awesome. Thanks, -Bill H On CustomerSource there is a section called the "Report Library"- I think it's under downloads. In the RMS Report Library MS has provided several new or modified reports, including one with customer address. On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 08:40:10 -0700, Bill H <bill@platinumpools.com> wrote: > Hi, I was wondering if anybody k...

Macro Help/Duplicate Items + Insert Rows + Sum
I am trying to create a template that will do the following: 1. Find Duplicate Entries (AlphaNumeric) In A Column 2. Insert 2 Rows Between The Duplicate Entries Then: 1. Sub-Total(Another Column With Random Numbers) Of The Duplicate Entries 2. Format the Sub-Total In Bold I have gotten to the point of writting a macro that will identify the duplicate entries; does anybody know how to do the rest? This is a changing set of data, transferred to excel from a relational database (Lotus123 Rel2, which contains anywhere between 3000 to 5000 rows. I cannot spend time grouping the data ...

Viewing Formulas instead of formula results
I want to view all of the formulas in my worksheets without going through each cell and typing " " around each formula. Is there any way to do this so I can check all of my formulas at once? Meghan, here is one way, use Ctrl and ~, this will toggle between formulas and results -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using Excel 97 & 2000 Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "Meghan" <mmckee15@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:00db01c351f6$4eb0...

Help with graph / chart
I have a graph for weeks 1-52, I have split this into 4 seperate graphs each showing a quarter (13 weeks) I cant remember exactly how I created them but possibly using some sort of copy paste as each chart show weeks 1 - 13 along the bottom. This should read......... for chart 1 1-13 for chart 2 14 - 26 chart 3 27 - 40 chart 4 41 - 52 How do I change this on each chart to read the week numbers indicated.? thanks Hi, You need to define the Category labels for the chart. Chart 1 is fine as it defaults to the values 1 to 13. For the other 3 charts you will need to create...

Need to populate a Report with several records
In short, I have one report containing 5 records from the same table. The individual records are layed out to support proper printing. I need to populate each record with from the same table. I can not give them all the same pointer to the table or I get 5 copies of the same record. How can I populate those 5 records with 5 records from my table? I think you need to have a group by in your report. Thus you will get 1 group of data for each of the 5 that you are refering to as 5 records. "Bill" wrote: > In short, I have one report containing 5 records from the same t...

Conditional Formula?
Hi- I need help creating a formula that sums values in a list based on the value in an adjacent cell. Please see attached screen shot. Hopefully it explains what I'm trying to do. Thanks. +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: excel help 3-10-06.gif | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4442 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- rhovey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rhovey's Profile: http://www.excelf...

unable to load help topic
Using Money 2004 deluxe. Asking for help I get "unable to load topic" try again. No help, same responce. I went to MS Knowledge base article 812755. Which says 'clear the cache' Which I did. No help, still 'unable to load topic' Tried asking a 'Microsoft pro', could not get a screen to ask my question. Any suggestions? I cleared both MS IE and my default browser, and tried again, still no help. Seems like I should be able to get 'HELP' I even reloaded the Money program, still no HELP. Thanks for any 'HELP" Walt In microsoft.public.money...

Crystal Report error: information is needed 02-03-04
After reinstalling CRM I get this error when I try to get a report. I know there is information since I'm just asking for the user list. ---------------------------------------- CrystalReportViewer Information is needed before this report can be processed. Information is needed before this report can be processed. ---------------------------------------- Any Ideas? Thanks Also recieved this error, and have logged an issue with MS, no resolution yet. One tip they did provide, remove any underscores ("_") from the server name. This has resolved the issue for a lot ...

I lost my Access (Office) 2003 disk
I have MS Office 2003 loaded on my computer, but someone stole all my program disks just over a year ago, and now I'm finding that things like the subform wizard doesn't load automatically with the program, but has to be loaded later from the program disk (I'm working out of some tutorial-type books for Access 2003). Is there some way of getting around this? Either just using Access workarounds, or is there some way of getting a hold of these (apparent) add-ins to the program, either on line or on disc? Thanks Rob, I answered your question in the Forms newsgroup, this morning. -...

Can not create Matrix Item please Help RMS 2.0
RMS 2.0 Can not create Matrix Item please Help When trying to create any new items I receive error message This is the message (-2147217864) Row Cannot be located for updating. Some values may have been change since it was last read. Manger still creates standard items but still receives message with out this number in message -2147217864 ...

Massive Report: Have you ever done this? Help Please
Hi, I am compiling the results of a survey in ACC2003 as a paper appendix. I have about 60 report objects which are about 2 to 4 pages of text each. I have about 60 Pivot Charts and tables as separate form objects. I want to have one report which has the charts and tables and text in it since this would be easy to layout and the page numbering would flow right through. Is this the correct way to do it? I have made a start and the first few pages are fine with charts and tables. However, Access seems to have space restrictions on the height of a report group? When I increase the ...

SMTP Help!!!
I have a customer with a new Exchange 2003 server Single AD domain on one server DNS server local and seems to be working correctly Cable internet through Comcast Had been receiving 2012 and 2013 app log events Increased the DNSErrorsBeforeFailover as suggested in a knowledgebase article 2012 & 2013 Errors have stop but replaced with 4006 events No mail flow inbound or outbound for past 2 days!! SMTP appears busted, cannot telnet in or out on Port 25 even though firewall has port forwarding on that port Switched firewalls with same result Noticed periodic Back Orifice attack attem...

Macro Error, annoying plz help?
Hi, new to this board and kinda new to Excel as well. I created an excell file which includes various (difficult) calculations. And it's all finished and ready for distribution :P Cept for 2 minor things which i can't seem 2 fix. The most important one is this Macro Error which keeps popping up when you open the file. (I included a combo-box form, i think it's gotta do with that). Because if u pick something from that list (combo box) the error pops up again, very annoying of course. There is one way to prevent this as far as i could see and that was by setting macro security low....

Basic Worksheet Help
I can't find an auto sum function in google worksheet. Can some help? These are Excel groups -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.ukANDTHIS web: www.nickhodge.co.uk blog (non-tech): www.nickhodge.co.uk/blog/ <Hollins3@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:1180278623.923893.261800@u30g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... >I can't find an auto sum function in google worksheet. Can some help? > Hollins3@googlemail.com wrote: > I can't find an auto sum function in google worksheet. Can some help? > Easy workaround:...

How do you do cross worksheet formulae's
I've just started writing basic addition and multiplication formulae etc. for multiple cells. I want to know how to write formulae to d this across worksheets (I think thats what they are called - the tab at the bottom?) For exaple, how would I add A1 on sheet1 to A1 o sheet2 -- Liam Green ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Liam Greene's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=897 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26786 Liam, if you formula is in sheet one, =A1+Sheet2!A1, if you f...

Help!!! Migration Problem!
Morning Guys, We're migrating from one Windows 2003 domain to another (acquisition). DomainA.lab - Forest Trust 2000, Domain Trust 2003 DomainB.lab - Forest Trust 2003, Domain Trust 2003 Migration from DomainA.lab to DomainB.lab - Trust relationship external, 2-way, Domain Wide Authentication Side Filtering disabled on both domain and I can also see the SID History attribute which is correct Problem: Users in domainA cant can't access SOME shares on domainB computers. The SIDHistory attribute in DomainB matches the SID of the group in DomainA, but still no luck. Any su...

Help
The deal: On earthlink webmail, I only receive one of each email. When I "Send/Receive" from Outlook 2000, the Send/Receive window tells me I'm receiving 10 emails, but 30 appear in my inbox. Everything arrives in triplicate or duplicate. Extended headers appear to be the same in all three identical emails. Things I've tried and know: Deleted and then reconfigured my earthlink account many times. There is only one earthlink account. "Leave a copy of messages on server" is unchecked. Turned Earhlink Spamblocker On then Off then On then Off... no change. S...

Need help with code...
I have a problem. I have a drop down combo box called "Query status" with two options: "outstanding" and "completed". The record can't be changed to "completed" until certain other fields have ALL been entered but there is an extra complication. One other combo box can be either "other" or "invoice". Two extra fields need to be entered if this combo is "invoice" otherwise they aren't mandatory. In full this is the code I currently have in the "after update" event of each field: If Me.Qry_QryType =...

Help on Macro to hide empty rows
Hi, I have a spreadsheet I created for an administrator that has many extra rows with pre-set formulas. When we print though, there are a lot of empty rows in between the relevant data. I am trying to build a macro that will hide any row where column A is empty, then print, and then unhide them again. Below is the macro I have so far. But it does nothing! Any help or suggestions are appreciated as I haven't written macros in years. (I have latest version of Excel on Windows Vista.) Sub PrintOrmondBeach() ' ' PrintOrmondBeach Macro Sheets("Ormond").Select D...