Need help with Auto Filter

I have a spreedsheet that is filtered in multiple columns.  I am running a
"Subtotal" function to count certian rows when I filter the column.  My
question is this.  Is there a way to save or freeze the data that the
subtotal function counts in a different cell.  In other words I want subtotal
to count everything in a particular column but I want to be able to save that
number somewhere so that when I filter again with another variable I am able
to still view the first subtotal to compare the two.   I hope this makes
sense and thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.
0
jlthomas (1)

two ways  copy and paste special value
or if you want to leave the cell where it is
select the cell and use F9 to change it to a value

"jlthomas" wrote:

> I have a spreedsheet that is filtered in multiple columns.  I am running a
> "Subtotal" function to count certian rows when I filter the column.  My
> question is this.  Is there a way to save or freeze the data that the
> subtotal function counts in a different cell.  In other words I want subtotal
> to count everything in a particular column but I want to be able to save that
> number somewhere so that when I filter again with another variable I am able
> to still view the first subtotal to compare the two.   I hope this makes
> sense and thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.
0
BJ (832)
9/21/2005 4:16:01 PM
Hi jl-

You might want to take a look in Excel Help re Scenarios and/or Custom Views.

HTH |:>)

"jlthomas" wrote:

> I have a spreedsheet that is filtered in multiple columns.  I am running a
> "Subtotal" function to count certian rows when I filter the column.  My
> question is this.  Is there a way to save or freeze the data that the
> subtotal function counts in a different cell.  In other words I want subtotal
> to count everything in a particular column but I want to be able to save that
> number somewhere so that when I filter again with another variable I am able
> to still view the first subtotal to compare the two.   I hope this makes
> sense and thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.
0
CyberTaz (411)

Auto formatting features: How do I align page numbers in publicati
I've got a problem with my publication. I can't align even page numbers to the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well? Can someone help me? Cissy99 wrote: > I've got a problem with my publication. I can't align even page numbers to > the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well? Can > someone help me? You need to create a two-page master rather than a one-page master. What version of Publisher are you running? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Need help with formula 01-13-10

please help with this query

Office 2010 Buying Question Assistance Needed
I've been looking through the MS Office 2010 web site to try to determine what my new small company would require, but I can't find the information I need. We for sure would need Office Pro Plus, but other than that I'm not sure. We want to run it on our own server. We will initially have 3-5 people using it and perhaps more later on. Would we need to purchase site licensing? Unfortunately, our programmers are MS haters (I'm not) and I can't get any assistance from them on this, but I have power of the pen. I would appreciate any assistance I can get. Th...

Hyperlink File Help

VLookup #VALUE! error help needed to resolve
The following is the funcation I have: =VLOOKUP(B10,'FA CC Summary Report 1141'!F$9:G$92,2,0) I have all the columns formatted the same; as in the column that the function is using to lookup is text and so is the column for this figure in order to pull back the appropriate answer. I have keyed the data instead of having links. I have replaced the final '0' with TRUE & FALSE then put it back. I have formatted the columns for text and for numbers. But I am getting the #VALUE! error in SOME of the cells NOT all of the cells. I don't know what else to d...

How do I delete an auto reply rule from Outlook
I set up an auto reply when I went on holidays. I don't know how I did it, but I just typed in the message reply and it worked. When I came to delete the rule, it was not there. I did not use a template, but somehow I managed to find something that let me do it. I have tried to replicate the rule, but I still can't. It is a POP account, but other than that I am not very computor savvy so if anyone replies, please make it simple! "grants51" <grants51@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A01FE189-81BD-4857-A66B-4E7C34A4E74E@microsoft.com... &g...

auto hide toolbar in Excel won't work
I have the toolbar at the bottom of the screen set to 'autohide' but when I'm in Excel sometimes it does 'hide' until the cursor is moved over it, but mostly it won't autohide so that I cannot see the Sheet names at the bottom of the screen. I am running Windows XP Home and Microsoft Office Professional 2003. Can anyone help please? -- teecee8 Hi Every time you move your cursor too far into the bottom area, the toolbar will pop up. Normally it disappears when you move your cursor up again. If it does not, try clicking on you spreadsheet. If you right click o...

help with a sub
Hi, can anybody tell me why the following code fails at FormatConditions.Add Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim Sh As Worksheet Dim lngLastRow As Long Set Sh = ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet lngLastRow = Sh.Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row Range("A4:E" & lngLastRow).Activate Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="=(MOD(ROW(),2)=0" Selection.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 24 End Sub Thanks -- Traa Dy Liooar Jock You have an extra open paren just before MOD: &qu...

cdrom.sys corrupt in Win7
Yesterday Win7 decided to no longer show my 2 LiteOn DVDRW drives. I've tried to re-install/repair the driver (6.1.7600.16385) and everytime I get the same response = my current driver is good. BUT, then when I check with Device Manager, it shows that the drives are not working. Can anyone help me get a new cdrom.sys installed into the system32/drivers folder? Booting up with the Win7 DVD will work. But I can't find the cdrom.sys on the disk. No other repair options are there to get this fixed. Help would certainly be appreciated. I don't want to have to start all o...

Need to have more Columns available in advanced view
I know how to add columns in advanced view but i can't add all the columns I'd like to add. I can choose more fields (attributs) as search attributes than as result columns. Is there somewhere a switch to turn a field (attribute) into not only beeing searchable but selectable as a column in advanced search? Example: "Invoice Product": Is there a way to make an advanced search or view which delivers field (attributes) of "Invoice Product" as a result? Marko ...

Exchange 2003 SMTP QUIT
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = PROBLEM: Problem is that OUR SERVER is sending QUIT-, instead of sending MAIL FROM: MY Server open a SMTP connection REMOTE Server says 220 .. MY Server says EHLO to REMOTE Server REMOTE Server says 250 ... MY Server then say QUIT ! (instead of MAIL FROM ....) We have::Exchange 2003 , cu SP1, pe Windows 2003.. Exchange has also IMF (spam filter from Microsoft) and Symantec Mail Security for Exchange 4.5. all PTR is installed and working OK. The SMTP Server is workin OK a while, then it start opening a lot of connections (7-10 /sec) t...

filter records in a form
I've created a form with its subform to enter tasks of employees. however I need filter records only for active employees The form has as a source, the table CARD_EMP (employee card). It has a field ST_EMP for the employee status (Active , Pasive) In the Event Form_Current I wrote DoCmd.ApplyFilter ST_EMP='A' but it doesn't work Thanks for advance Carlos -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Hi mamumi Your advice was the solution Thanks a lot Carlos -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscodin...

auto fill in data when changing fields
i new to crm 4 and i would like to; once i selected the account i need it to grab the main phone and put it in the phone field, and could you tell me where i need to do this, thanks -- j.hardy you can modify the mappings of the corresponding relationship "moon" wrote: > i new to crm 4 and i would like to; once i selected the account i need it to > grab the main phone and put it in the phone field, and could you tell me > where i need to do this, thanks > -- > j.hardy ...

I need help
Here is my problem. A couple of years ago I began playing around with money. But I have come to the conclusion that I really do like the services, but I now have a bunch of acct. info that should have been input in a better manner. I want to know how do I delete all of the old info so that I can start fresh. I deleted that money program once and reloaded it but it retrieved all of the old garbage that I did not want. Your help is greatly appreciated. Sincerly, Matt On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 20:58:14 -0700, "Matt" <mrisher4@hotmail.com> wrote: >Here is my problem. A c...

Help styles
With great difficulty I am now creating documents with some styles.and outline numbering Now when I copy a table from another document into this document I get 1.1.1.1 and similar numbering all over the table. How do I accomplish the copy without the numbering inside the table? afd Try this: Select the table cells and press Ctrl+Shift+N. This (re-)applies the Normal style to text. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "afdmello" <afdmello@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23R7DwkCdKHA.4952@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > With great difficulty I a...

Pivot Tables filtering data
Using Excel, I have query(using an ODBC connection) of all customer order detail over a two year time period. The detail for each customer is different in that some customer have multiple orders, and the amount of individual sales parts they order may be 1 or 100. My query gathers detail by order line item. We were able to provide management with comparative sales data. Now that we have shown this report to management, they want three things that I'm unsure how to provide. 1) Customers that are new in the current year2) customers that had orders in both years, 3)customers that ...

Need help with cursor
Hello, I have a small GUI monitor application that doesn't have any controls on it. Basically its a frame with a title, menu bar, and client area. I dynamically size the frame for the contents of the client. The client window contains some status information about a service. I've noticed that the cursor gets changed to inappropriate values when the cursor is moved into the client area. For instance, moving the cursor in from the side may leave the cursor looking like the sideways-resize cursor. My application is written in MS VC++ v6.0. What events do I need to hook in...

http://free.x3.hu/charity ...

Listbox Help (remove selected item)
This should be easy but I can not get it to work. I have a simple listbox with Row Source Type property of value/list. It is not mult select. I am using .additem to load the listbox and am not using the itemdata property. I want to be able to select an item in the listbox, click a button on the form to get the value in column 1 of the selected item, then remove the selected item from the list box. Thanks in advance for any help "sk" <sk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BB03B01-F56E-4CDE-83DF-BF6550AD8593@microsoft.com... > This should b...