Need help with Auto Filter

I have a spreedsheet that is filtered in multiple columns.  I am running a
"Subtotal" function to count certian rows when I filter the column.  My
question is this.  Is there a way to save or freeze the data that the
subtotal function counts in a different cell.  In other words I want subtotal
to count everything in a particular column but I want to be able to save that
number somewhere so that when I filter again with another variable I am able
to still view the first subtotal to compare the two.   I hope this makes
sense and thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.
0
jlthomas (1)

two ways  copy and paste special value
or if you want to leave the cell where it is
select the cell and use F9 to change it to a value

"jlthomas" wrote:

> I have a spreedsheet that is filtered in multiple columns.  I am running a
> "Subtotal" function to count certian rows when I filter the column.  My
> question is this.  Is there a way to save or freeze the data that the
> subtotal function counts in a different cell.  In other words I want subtotal
> to count everything in a particular column but I want to be able to save that
> number somewhere so that when I filter again with another variable I am able
> to still view the first subtotal to compare the two.   I hope this makes
> sense and thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.
0
BJ (832)
9/21/2005 4:16:01 PM
Hi jl-

You might want to take a look in Excel Help re Scenarios and/or Custom Views.

HTH |:>)

"jlthomas" wrote:

> I have a spreedsheet that is filtered in multiple columns.  I am running a
> "Subtotal" function to count certian rows when I filter the column.  My
> question is this.  Is there a way to save or freeze the data that the
> subtotal function counts in a different cell.  In other words I want subtotal
> to count everything in a particular column but I want to be able to save that
> number somewhere so that when I filter again with another variable I am able
> to still view the first subtotal to compare the two.   I hope this makes
> sense and thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.
0
CyberTaz (411)

How to auto run a macro in actived sheet?
Hello Excel professionals, I have a sheet and a macro that I want that macro auto run when that sheet is in active. I looked in Help for AutoRunMacro, but I don't know how to do for this macro. My macro is just to change color in a correct cell when it reads value from another cell that is like for example: $E$14. The cells to be changed color are different, but each time is just one cell. Only one cell is changed color. How do I do? Thank you in advance. Tvnguye This is NOT very clear but you can do this sort of thing with a worksheet_change event or a worksheet_selection ev...

Mailbox item restore from Veritas causes rules to not auto execute any more.
Here is our setup. Windows 2003 SP1 Exchange 2003 SP2 AD native Veritas Backup Exec 10.1 Outlook 2003 SP2 We did a restore of some inbox items for a user and since that time, all inbox rules no longer execute automatically. They do however work properly if I manually run them. By the way, these are server side rules NOT client. These are the things I have tried so far: 1. Manually delete the rules and recreate them. - No success. 2. Try to restore again. (maybe the first restore missed something?) - No success. 3. Run Outlook with the /cleanrules switch to verify that the rules are co...

Junk filter ignores rules
I am a member of some mailing lists and I'm finding some of those messages end up in the "Junk mail" folder. I have rules that sort out the mailing lists into their own folders, but these still end up in the junk mail folder, it appears that the junk filter runs before the rules. Is that true? If so, is there a way to change it. I am running Outlook 2003 connecting to exchange server 2003 - both are completely updated. ...

Applying a filter to a report
Hi, I want the users of my database to be able to type a value in and get the report for that value. All values and information are saved in a table, and I've created a query with that information. For example, when I click on a report I'll call "Gum", I want Access to prompt me with a box so that I can put in an identifier number for a certain person. When I key in 39205, then this report will be filtered off of a query that I've made for all numbers but that report will give me only the information for this particular number. Then I can see when, where, how,...

HTML help already running.
I'm using the simple function below to run up my HTML help file but I need a method to test if it already running. Any ideas? void CMainFrame::OnHelpChm() { CString strFileName; CString strName; char szBuffer[_MAX_PATH]; GetModuleFileName(AfxGetInstanceHandle(), szBuffer, sizeof(szBuffer)); strFileName = szBuffer; strName = strFileName.Left(strFileName.GetLength() - 10); strFileName = strName + _T("easynn-plus.chm"); if(ShellExecute(NULL, "open", strFileName, NULL, NULL, SW_SHOWNORMAL) <= (HINSTANCE)32) { AfxMessageBox(_T("No HTML Help app...

Paste range of values into filtered sheet
Hi, I have a worksheet unfiltered that have a range of values that I like to copy and paste it in another worksheet that is filtered. How can I do that? I have try to select the visible cells in the filtered sheet but it only works for single cell. Please help!!! :( -- ken2005 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ken2005's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24734 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=472010 It actually pastes into the rows that are hidden, too. You may want to go...

Please Help #4
How can I output the last value entered in a range of cells into anothe cell? Example (Range= A1:A100, last value entered in A50) I want the value from A50 to be uotputed into B1 Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if you have no blanks rows in between in column A enter the following in B1: =OFFSET($A$1,COUNTA(A1:A100)-1,0) Frank > How can I output the last value entered in a range of cells into > another cell? > Example (Range= A1:A100, last value entered in A50) > I want the value from A50 to be uotputed into B1 > Thanks > > > --- > Messa...

Help Update
After downloading and installing the new Online Help Update, and following the instructions to update the files, The link to the pages failes when requesting Help on this page or clicking the ? on a CRM window. Pages are there, and work fine through the TOC or when running from Outlook. Any ideas how to fix the link from the Web Client? -- Gary G. Bluewave Computing ------=_NextPart_0001_79CFF727 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <GaryG@discussions.microsoft.com> wote: > After downloading and installing the new Online Help Update, and following > ...

Need a formual
Help - I have tried this with vlookup and match. For some reason I just can't make it work. Here is my senario: I am in the parts business. I need to compare inventory numbers constantly against sales. I will keep this simple. In column a1:a5 I put the following values: 1515,1516,2020,1034,1556. All valid parts numbers. In another column I want to put in numbers but not in any particular order. I want to be able to record hits. If I put in the "B" column a number from "A" I want a return argument that the spreedsheet has found a "match" The real l...

Could use some help after crash
My computer crashed (turned out to be my mother board) and I have numerous back ups (.mny) (from cd and floppy) that I've tried to install on my new computer and every one of them want's a password. One of my files did have a password and I know FOR SURE i'm entering the right one and its still not working. I've tried installing to Money 2000 (the original one i had) and 2006 which the new computer has. Neither seems to work at all. I need this info for taxes and don't EVEN want to try to re-create it can anyone help with this? Thanks in advance for ANY help. Cheryl ...

do i need an if statment or a lookup or other
Hi this is my first excel post so I�ll try hard to explain what it I� after I have 4 sheets that are updated every day with data; I would like t create a summary once a week of specific data to let me know wha going. Example in column f7 if there ia letter and there a 7 possible for a t j then take tha letter and any data across from it and display on different page in a summary. I�m working with sort codes and names and projects numbers across th screen, with a calendar with up to 7 letter representing an actio (late, finished, early, bad sample �L�, �E�,�,,�F�) so if on Dec th 09/12 I u...

Need VB5 code for VB6 Split instruction
I have a VB5 program into which I have loaded vbSendMail(written in VB6). I need to replace the "Split" instruction, " sFilenames = Split(.filename, vbNullChar)", in the following code: Private Sub cmdBrowse_Click() Dim sFilenames() As String Dim i As Integer On Local Error GoTo Err_Cancel With cmDialog .filename = "" .CancelError = True .Filter = "All Files (*.*)|*.*|HTML Files (*.htm;*.html;*.shtml)|*.htm;*.html;*.shtml|Images (*.bmp;*.jpg;*.gif)|*.bmp;*.jpg;*.gif" ...

CFileDialog: Newbie Help Needed!

Serious Help Needed!!!
My question comes in two parts: Part 1 - I have a Form with a subform (main subform) what when you double click on a field in the subform another subform puts up. On that second subform it sums the "Projected_Man_Hours" in a text box and "Actual_Man_Hours" in another text box in the footer of the subform. I would like to transfer the values from the two text boxes on the second subform to two text boxes on the "Main subform" then two the Main Form. To transfer the values for the second subform to the Main subform I am using : =frmHour_Worked_subfor...

Help with Loop Apend Query in VBA
I have a table of 14 colums, first 2 are text and the last 12 are numeric with the field name eg. Jan-08, Feb-08, etc I need to take this data month by month and append it to a table of 4 colums with the first 2 colums as text then a date field and then a value field. What is the VBA code for DoCmd.RunSQL and the loop code I need to use? Regards Chase You don't have a database, you have a spreadsheet. You have back yourself into a really ugly corner. Having field names like Jan-08, etc means every year you have to change your table field names and all code that reference these...

Xpath with Namespace retruns NULL, please help
I am using the following code to query for a single node, yet my results are always NULL. Please help, I've tried everything adn I am unable to get a result. XmlDocument xml = new XmlDocument(); xml.LoadXml(strNLETSMessage); XmlNamespaceManager nsmgr = new XmlNamespaceManager(xml.NameTable); nsmgr.AddNamespace("n", "http://www.nlets.org"); nsmgr.AddNamespace("j", "http://www.it.ojp.gov/jxdm/3.0"); XmlNode test = xml.SelectSingleNode("/n:NLETS/n:NLETSInquiryMes...

Urgent help reuqired
Hi all, I am trying to do MSDE setup using my custom wizard. This custom wizard i have created using MFC Wizard97. The problem is when i call MSDE setup.exe (from my custom wizard) with appropriate parameters, the setup starts. But after sometime the setup hangs. The strange thing to be noted here is all the registry settings, file copying etc. is done by the time the MSDE setup hangs. Also one more thing to note here is when i kill the MSDE setup a dialog box showing the file extraction (this dialog comes when i normally install the MSDE ) pops up and the MSDE setup fails. Can someone tell ...

Mailbox Manager Skipping Mailboxes
Hi, I have Exchange Server with SP4 running on Windows 2000 SP4. Recently the Mailbox Manager has been skipping mailboxes and when it happens, we have to restart the service to make it works again. Does anyone have any idea? Thanks in advance, Alex Hey Alex, You may want to turn up logging for mailbox manager to see what's happening when it's skipping those mailboxes. Should be on the Advanced Tab. Also check out the version of mailbox manager as there have been some updates for it too. For a description of the logging levels you can look at KB article: 244586 XADM: Mailbox...

Cannot Display Bitmap in Picture Control
Hi all, I am trying to show a bitmap from a MySQL database in MFC in a picture control. The code appears to work all the way up to the SetBitmap method. The bitmap is created successfully, but then I cant seem to bind it to the picture control. Any ideas?!?!? Many Thanks in advance, qryStr = _T("select bitmap from imageTable"); Query query = m_pdbCtrl->getQuery(); query << qryStr; Result res = query.store(); Row row; CString strData ; const char *image; const Result::const_iterator ie( res.end() ); for (Result::iterator iter = res.begin(); iter != ie; ++iter) { ...

Worker's Comp Report Doesn't need a page header between wc codes
V9 has added a page header between Worker's Comp Codes. We have 3 page headers on page 4 for example...another increase in report length. I just noticed the Days Worked column is the one that always has zero's. I wrote in a previous "suggestion" that it was Hours Worked. We could lose the Days Worked columnand have room on one line again for a person instead of ID and name on one line and data on the line below it. This make it very difficult to work with. Thank you very much. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the ...

Creating views of customized folders and filters programmatically
Hi, I am writing an application in which i need to create a customised mail folder, which will sort the incoming mails of my company as and when the user receives it. The problem is that i don't want to go to each and every machine and configure this manually, but want to create a setup/exe, which will create this customized folder for me along with the necessary filters i.e. grouping of mails according to the filters. Any help on this will be appreciated. Sunil. ...

Help with date formating when export to Word
My reginal setting (PT-Portugal) in Windows for "date" is: dd/mm/yyyy, instead of US normal setting of mm/dd/yyyy. In Excel, dates appear OK, like my regional settings (ie: dd/mm/yyyy). However, if I do a mailmerge into Word, using the sourcedata from excel, the date comes like US setting (mm/dd/yyyy), which is no usefuk for me. How can I solve this problem ??? Tks in advance for any help. Try the options here: http://www.officearticles.com/word/merge_field_formatting_in_microsoft_word.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "a0relento" <a0relento@discu...

Database Read Only. Help !!!
We are having a very perculiar problem with an access database file. The file is one the server and pretty much everyone can one it from the server except for one particular person. And she is the one would needs this file because she is responsible for update the database. The file opens as "Database is read only" on her computer. She has R/W access to the folder and the file is not protected, at least not yet, because everyone else can open it without any problem. Any ideas, as to the source of the issue? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. I've heard of c...

screen resolution/about blank/help file
I have checked my system with every virus program I have NAV McAfee both up to date subscriptions. My screen seeting will not change when I click the advanced tab and set it to not reboot or to reboot when I reboot the screen resolution is the always the same. When I start my PC IE appears automatically and the home page is : about Blank" I change the home page but when I restart always the same the PC resolution dosnt change and homepag is reet to about blank please help with this problem. I have Nvida tnt 64 display card. Also my help file wll not display the words or hyper links...

Chapter has sections 4 portrait & landscape Need continuous footno
Hi I have a chapter which has portait and landscpae pages then more portrait and more landscape and portrait. I have used sections for this I want the footnotes to start at 1 and continue through all sections Word ignores the number I set in the dialoge What can I do? (My version is 2003 with latest patches) TIA/gary Word will NOT restart footnote numbering unless you have selected "Restart each section" in the Footnote and Endnote dialog. If you have selected Continuous and "Whole document" for "Apply changes to," your footnote numberi...