Need help sorting linked cells.

I have a column of cells that are linked to cells from different place
in the same spreadsheet.  These cells contain golf scores.  I want t
be able to sort the column of linked cells in ascending order.  How ca
I do this

If your formulas are like:
	=sheet2!b33
I think you'll have trouble.

You may want to try to put a key value in each row (golfer's name???) and then
use a different formula to retrieve the value:

=vlookup(a33,sheet2!a:b,2,false)

Then sort.

"NailBombJoe <" wrote:

> I have a column of cells that are linked to cells from different places
> in the same spreadsheet.  These cells contain golf scores.  I want to
> be able to sort the column of linked cells in ascending order.  How can
> I do this?
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

Excel 97 VBA Help File

Linking a Chart with graphics to ppt

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Help, I cannot Save!

auto sort?
Is there any way to make a dated entry insert itself in the worksheet in the correct order without doing a sort operation, or inserting a new row? would be a big help for my reservations workbook thanks D You could try the worksheet change event: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) <<Sort Code>> End Sub This should re-sort your selection everytime the worksheet changes. Hope this helps Sunil Jayakumar "Dave" <post@site.com> wrote in message news:%23czt38POFHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to make a dated entry insert ...

Help Required

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Public Folder link to Excel File

Single click selects multiple cells

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

Need HELP! for Linking data

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0

Help with Registration

Need to add to current formula

sort by day of the week?
Excel 2002 I have 10 years of grain prices...one price for each trading day of th year. In 'A' we have the date, in 'B' the price. What I need to do i get a list of prices for Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, etc... Possible? (I really, really don't want to do this manually) Than -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com add a column = weekday(a1,1) etc and do a sort on this colum -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Thank you. You saved me 3 or 4 hours of excruciating data entry. Thi was the last step of a vital report. Now I can do my char...