Need help grouping charts

I have identical charts which occur on multiple sheets. Is there any wa
to group them for editing?

When I group the sheets themselves, it seems to deactivate the charts

I tried doing it with a macro as an alternative and then flipping th
sheets one by one and keying the macro, but I get a message box with:

"Run-time error 1004", "Unable to get the ChartObjects property of th
worksheet class".

Does anyone have any ideas

--
Izz
Izzy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1082

Data Series Labels in Area Chart
Hello- I'm trying to create a combination chart; one data series in an area chart, and three in line format. Got the chart created, but the data series labels for the area chart show up in the middle of the area, which looks awkward. Is there anyway to move them closer to the top edge of the area plot? I don't seem to find any options for moving the labels in an area chart. Hi, The data labels for the area series have no options for alignment. Add another line series to the chart based on the area data. This has the options to align data labels. You can format the line seri...

I am having toruble grouping all elements of my Visio drawing for into one single group
Experts, I am having trouble grouping all elements of my Visio drawing for into one single group. I need to do this so I can copy and paste the drawing into MS Word. Currently when I copy and paste not all the elements carry through into the MS Word doc. -- Spin What kind of trouble do you have? Is it that you can't group all elements at all? Is it that you can group all elements but only a part of that group appears in Word (e.g. the lower left corner of the Visio drawing)? Or do you successfully group all elements but pasted into Word the complete drawing lacks a few elements?...

Copy Pivot Chart
Does anyone know how to copy a pivot chart and paste only its values? You can copy/paste special/value as you would any other cell values. However, you need to navigate from "edit" on the tool bar. These options are not available for a pivot table via the right click. "TK" wrote: > Does anyone know how to copy a pivot chart and paste only its values? ...

please help!!! Unable to delete emails
NAVCE deleted the edb.log file from my \exchsrvr directory. We were able to do a hard restore to get it back up but we have several emails in users inboxes that cannot be opened. When you double-click the email you get a 'can't open this item' error. It appears something did not synch properly during the restore but my email is now up and running. I personally have a couple dozen emails in my inbox from 9am - 2pm yesterday that I cannot open and get that message. How can I permanently delete those emails??? Getting them back would be nice but I don't want to ri...

Macro to help update data from protected files
I need help in creating a macro. I have a master file X1 and it connects to 55 other files all password protected. When i open the Master file , it asks the protected fiel to be open to update the data, otherwise it gives error. Can someone help me create a macro which will update the data witout opening the protected fiels one by one. Thanks I don't think you'll find a macro that can do this. But what you could do is create a new workbook that opens each of those 55 other files (supplying the password) and then opens your real workbook. hamad.fatima@gmail.com wrote: > > I ...

How do I add a data series in a combination chart in PPT 2003?
I have a combination bar/line chart showing gross revenues and passengers by month over a 3-year period. The gross revenues are bars on the primary y-axis and passengers are lines on the secondary y-axis. I am trying to add gross revenues and passengers for CY2010. I am able to add a data series for the passengers, but when I try to add a data series for the gross revenues, the chart treats it as a series on the secondary axis as a line. How do I add the series as a bar on the primary axis, or alternatively, change the series from a line on the secondary axis to a bar on th...

NEED TO FIND FIRST " " FROM RIGHT
Help - I have a column in excel that contains names, such as: Joe Smith Joe E. Smith Joe Edward Smith, esq. etc I need to isolate the LAST WORD in the column, for example: Smith Smith esq. The only way I know how to do this is to search for the first " " - but I need to start the search from the RIGHT, not the LEFT. As far as I know, FIND function starts the search from the right... which isn't what I want. Can someone please tell me how to accomplish this task. THANK YOU =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("^^",SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","^^",LEN(A1) -...

Need info on scheduled meetings: time scheduled/who scheduled it
We have a situation where many people have access to the managers calendar and can scheule meetings. It would be very helpful to be able to identify not only who scheduled the original meeting (and the date/time) but also who modified meeting parameters after it was orignally scheuled. The current 'properties' tab only tells you the last time the file was modified, which is typically not very helpful. thanks "Joe Bruin" <Joe Bruin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:126EFECB-58AF-4253-A53F-C629E4A354F7@microsoft.com... > We have a s...

Help #30
Hi, I have a row of data that I need to find a minimum value and a maximum value. That's done. Now, I have to delete both the minimum and maximum values from the row. Can you tell me how to easily do this? I have a larg :confused: e worksheet with many rows, so Edit+Find really won't help. -- only1joal ------------------------------------------------------------------------ only1joal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24589 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=381823 Assume data is in Sheet1, in row1 down ...

Group by & Sum
Good afternoon, I’m trying to sum and group data in a query. Right now my query looks like this (example below) multiple PERL entries Account JobType Volume Count Average Page Total Postage PERL Bill 12345 1.69 134.55 22845 193 325 PERL Bill 78963 96.1 554.31 54822 391 523 PERL Letters 67890 4.54 98.25 26475 257 446 PERL Fin State 123435 7.39 61.95 30105 321 567 PERL PostC 178980 10.24 25.65 33735 385 688 PERL NCO 234525 13.09 10.65 37365 449 809 PERL CAN 290070 15.94 46.95 40995 513 930 PERL Mec 345615 18.79 83.25 44625 577 1051 PERL Fld Ply 401160 21.64 119.55 48255 641 1172 PER...

Org Charts
I have 5 people that report to the same person and currently they all show on the same row, the owner of the company wants the 3 VPs to show directly underneath him but the remaining two to have their line drop down lower than the 3 VP's. IS there a way to do this? Everytime I try it just makes the box bigger for all of them. Hi, Are you doing this in Excel? Which version? Which tool the Diagram tool or the AutoShapes tools? -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "rgoldberg" wrote: > I have 5 people that report to the same person and currently they all show on > the sam...

formatting or moving a radar chart's axis labels
I am attempting to change the orientation of a radar chart's axis labels. Its orientation seems locked in place immediately to the left of the 360=B0 gridline. I would like the ability to display the axis labels directly over the range rings and along other gridlines, such as 180=B0 or 270=B0. With other charts, the formatting option allows one to select "high", "low", or "next to axis" to change the position of the axis. This maneuver seems to have no affect whatsoever on a radar chart. As a final resort, I suppose I could turn the axis labels off...

Naming a chart object
When charts are created they are named "chart 1", "chart 2", and so on I need to name a chart in order to update it from vba, but when select the chart I cannot click in the name box? Help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi martinu, To rename a chart, hold the shift key down and select the chart. This selects the chart object instead of the chart area. You can then rename as usual. -- Ed Ferrero http://edferrero.m6.net Thanks Ed, so simple when you know how. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Help with Exchange 5.5 Queue problem
Okay, first off, I inherited this Exchange server. It has been over 5 years since I last touched one of these. Client noticed that no e-mails were being sent out. I checked the IMC queues and they were packed full of email going to .tw, .fr, .de, etc. Disconnected the ethernet cable from the back of the box. Ran the much needed virus check and got rid of 225 Netsky and Beagle viruses. Reran a few times just to be on the safe side - server is clean (latest norton updates). And made sure that relaying was also turned off - just for fun. Cleaned out the queues (deleted the contents of the ...

grant "send as' to security group
Exchange 2003 server on Windows 2000 Server, AD is Mixed Mode. Anyway to setup the 'send on behalf of' permissions to apply to an entire security group as opposed to having to specify each individual user? For example, a doctor's office has 15 doctors with email accounts. At any given time there may be as many as 10 additional people accessing that users mailbox and needing to be able to send email out and have it appear as being from the doctor (don't even get me started on HIPAA with this, they've been told). The respective users have already been defined into secu...

Publisher and PDF help...
I am trying to find a solution to my delima. I have publisher on one computer and adobe acrobat on another. Is there a Publisher viewer or some work around that anybody knows of. Thanks in advance... While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a message from Neal <Neal@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I am trying to find a solution to my delima. I have publisher on one > computer and adobe acrobat on another. Is there a Publisher viewer or > some work around that anybody knows of. Options: a) Output a PostScript file from Publisher and di...

merged cells and creating charts
I have tried to create a chart with data that is in merged cells where I have put in a formula to calculate the average of 4 cells in the row above. When I create the chart, it recognizes all 4 of the merged cells. So the graph has 4 spaces for the data for each number I am trying to plot. I just got 2007 version and do not recall this problem at all in 2003 version Merged cells are to be avoided at all costs. They can be used for column heading but for little else. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Troubled...

Chart disappears in Excel 2000 after scale is changed
When the scale of the chart is changed, the chart disappears. The chart and its data are on the same worksheet. ...

How to export tasks ? pls help
Hi, How do i export and import tasks using MS outlook? I did export of my mailbox and when i import it the task does not come? Are tasks included when you run Import/Export Wizard using MS Outlook? thanks In news:B09D3EAF-C4C7-4D45-BAC5-D1DC39DE4794@microsoft.com, Jack Dorson <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > How do i export and import tasks using MS outlook? > > I did export of my mailbox and when i import it the task does not > come? > > Are tasks included when you run Import/Export Wizard using MS Outlook? > > thanks Hi - this ...

Prevent cells with no value from being plotted on chart
I have a chart based on cells that are the result of a calculation. The cells show empty if the data used for the calculation is not yet available (future data). As a result, as my chart shows the whole year, the line drops and remains to zero after the last available set of data. Excel will let me prevent an empty cell of being plotted but since there is a fornmula is the cell, it is not considered empty, and therefore displayed. How can I prevent these cells to be plotted on the chart? Thanks Vince You can use an IF formula with NA(). For example: =IF(B2="",NA(),B...

Adding Lines Onto Charts #2
Hi, Thanks for the reply, Unfortunatley, this technique wont work with the way I have the graph laid out. It wipes out the layout of the bottom axis. Does anyone have any other idea's please? Thanks in advance Darrell... -- q582gmzh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- q582gmzhi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1136 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26950 Hi, You can use an additional data series with error bars to draw the dividers. Using you example workbook put t...

Logarithmic charts
How should the data be entered in a logarithmic chart. I want the log data entries to be on the left and the other data to be displyed on the bottom. My chart will give a logarithmic resistance vs RH. I have tried to list the data by columns left to right first the resistance then thRH for 4 different series. It just doesn,t look right and I cannot change anything easily. Are there any sources for making charts in excel ,especialy Logarithmic ones? Thanks for any help? Hi Ed, In A1:A10 enter your resistance values (the x-values) In B2:B10 enter the RH (meaning?) values (the y-values) Sel...

How do I clear the formating of the area OUTSIDE my chart on my w.

2axis chart
Hi, I have a tricky chart I want to make. So far it looks okay, but I have a problem that I hope is fixable. I have 5 data series that I want to represent in a graph with 2 axis. I want to use the stacked column type of graph putting 2 series each in one column. ie series = Actuals1, Actuals2, Budget1, Budget2, Last years totals. I want 1 stack showing Actuals1 & Actuals2 together, another showing Budget1 & Budget2 together and a line showing last years totals(I'd prefer another seperate bar for this on it's own, but can figure out how to do this). So far I have got...

Please help #13
Hi, I have a talbe including two or more same name, I want to make it from: tom 10 Mike 10 tom 20 jerry 30 to: tom 30 Mike 10 jerry 30 Please help, Thank you! Sub TidyData() Dim iLastRow As Long Dim i As Long Dim j As Long Dim iRow Dim sFormula As String iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row j = 0 For i = 1 To iLastRow On Error Resume Next iRow = Application.Match(Cells(i, "A").Value, Columns(3), 0) If IsError(iRow) Then j = j + 1 Cells(j, "C").Value = Cells(i, "A").Value ...