Need help for getting output

have information from different people and want to consolidate it in one
single sheet using pivot tabel (without using macro)

sample-

Data - 1

Name	Date	Org 	Status	Tiff #
Anita	14-Apr-10	it	processed	123
Anita	14-Apr-10	it	pending	126
Anita	15-Apr-10	datex	pending	128

Data 2

Name	Date	Org 	Status	Tiff
Rahul	14-Apr-10	it	processed	131
Rahul	15-Apr-10	datex	pending	134
Rahul	15-Apr-10	datex	processed	135

it is a continues process day by day

both data are from different excel sheet want it in one sheet

Hi
Without using a macro you can only do a manual copy and paste

Set up a New sheet.
Mark all rows for Sheet 1 Copy>Got to A1 of Sheet3>Paste
Mark rows form row 2 on sheet2 to end>Copy>got to first empty row of
Sheet3>Paste

Base your Pivot Table on Sheet3
On sheet3, create a Dynamic Range.
Insert>Name>Define
Name		myData
Refers to	=INDEX($1:$65536,COUNTA($A:$A),COUNTA($1:$1))

Make the source for your Pivot Table  =myData
--
Regards
Roger Govier

balurrpr wrote:
> have information from different people and want to consolidate it in one
> single sheet using pivot tabel (without using macro)
>
> sample-
>
> Data - 1
>
> Name	Date	Org 	Status	Tiff #
> Anita	14-Apr-10	it	processed	123
> Anita	14-Apr-10	it	pending	126
> Anita	15-Apr-10	datex	pending	128
>
> Data 2
>
> Name	Date	Org 	Status	Tiff
> Rahul	14-Apr-10	it	processed	131
> Rahul	15-Apr-10	datex	pending	134
> Rahul	15-Apr-10	datex	processed	135
>

> it is a continues process day by day
>
> both data are from different excel sheet want it in one sheet
0
Roger
4/14/2010 8:14:57 AM
Hi,

Not getting the things

any other option ?

"Roger Govier" wrote:

> Hi
> Without using a macro you can only do a manual copy and paste
>
> Set up a New sheet.
> Mark all rows for Sheet 1 Copy>Got to A1 of Sheet3>Paste
> Mark rows form row 2 on sheet2 to end>Copy>got to first empty row of
> Sheet3>Paste
>
> Base your Pivot Table on Sheet3
> On sheet3, create a Dynamic Range.
> Insert>Name>Define
> Name		myData
> Refers to	=INDEX($1:$65536,COUNTA($A:$A),COUNTA($1:$1))
>
> Make the source for your Pivot Table  =myData
> --
> Regards
> Roger Govier
>
> balurrpr wrote:
> > have information from different people and want to consolidate it in one
> > single sheet using pivot tabel (without using macro)
> >
> > sample-
> >
> > Data - 1
> >
> > Name	Date	Org 	Status	Tiff #
> > Anita	14-Apr-10	it	processed	123
> > Anita	14-Apr-10	it	pending	126
> > Anita	15-Apr-10	datex	pending	128
> >
> > Data 2
> >
> > Name	Date	Org 	Status	Tiff
> > Rahul	14-Apr-10	it	processed	131
> > Rahul	15-Apr-10	datex	pending	134
> > Rahul	15-Apr-10	datex	processed	135
> >

> > it is a continues process day by day
> >
> > both data are from different excel sheet want it in one sheet
> .

help help help IF function
i am new to excell and need help with a problem...... the problem is iam looking for a amount < = 3000.00 and iam to display in bold and in light green i have never had to deal with that i got as far as =IF<=3000 then iam lost or it that even right?? I'm far from a whiz at Excel but I'd use conditional formatting. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "kimmy" <kimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADC77884-FC87-47A3-90F2-D2AAF957F5D1@microsoft.com... >i a...

work order form and report design help
I am building an automotive shop database. I have a table that lists all of the services and the prices. I have the main form created where all of the customer data is entered in and I have another form that builds the work order for the customer. How do I build the form to allow for different services for the same customer without having to create service type 1, service type 2, etc. I need them to be independent of each other and I then need to create a report to print out for the customer. On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 08:24:01 -0700, Jimmy <Jimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Using ExecuteQuery to get Listing of Cases
I'm attempting to programatically extract a listing of Cases (similar to the Cases listing in the Case Manager of the CRM app) using the Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.CRMQuery.ExecuteQuery() method. I can successfully extract Account and Contract info using ExecuteQuery, but I've been unsuccessful in locating a sample of a "QueryXML" string for listing Cases. This is my latest attempt, but I'm not even sure if "Incident" is the correct Entity for what I'm attempting. <fetch mapping='logical'> <entity name='Incident'> <order a...

Help with Html Help in MFC
Hi; I am using Visual Studio .net 2003. I have created a CDhtmldialog. I also created a html help file using Html help workshop. According to some source from web saying that I can call this method: BOOL HtmlHelp( HWND hWndMain, LPCTSTR lpszHelp, UINT uCommand, DWORD dwData ), directly from anywhere in my code. So I include the htmlhelp.h and htmlhelp.lib to the project. But I don't know how to call this method, since there is a another htmlhelp method in Cdialog too: HtmlHelp( DWORD_PTR dwData, UINT nCmd = 0x000F ); Please give me a hand. Thx in advance. Pan Wilson. ...

Excel data disappeared after getting message about compatibility M
I tried to save changes to a spreadsheet, and received the following message: "Compatibility Report for New Customer List.xls Run on 4/6/2010 19:52 The following features in this workbook are not supported by earlier versions of Excel. These features may be lost or degraded when you save this workbook in an earlier file format. Minor loss of fidelity Some cells or styles in this workbook contain formatting that is not supported by the selected file format. These formats will be converted to the closest format available." I clicked OK, because fidelity is not imp...

Graph Help- 12 month graph, but only want months that have passed
I need help setting up a graph. It is a simple bar graph, that has the months of the year on the x axis, and production in tons on the y axis. I have a table setup for this Jan to Dec, but obviously only have data for Jan through May. Is there a way I can set up the graph so it will only make the graph Jan through May, but as I add more data, and months go by, it will automatically add a new column for June, then July and so on and so on? I do not want the months that have no data to be graphed with a value of zero, I would rather them show up automatically when that month has data....

VLOOKUP help!
I have 2 worksheets with ID numbers in separate comlums . When I use vlookup it gives me a N/A value in return. I have formatted cells as "text" as "general" - tried all sorts, but it still does not return a value. This is a simple vlookup action and I am getting no-where. I simply want to find out if the ID on 1 list is also on the other list! Please always post your formula. Formatting makes no difference. Some data may look like numbers but are actually text. Formatting doesn't change that. You can find out with the ISNUMBER() function. If numbers are actual...

PST Nightmare
Hey there, This is the last resort for sanity. My PST which holds ALL of my emails is on an external HD, which worked fine up until last week, is over the limit. I did find this out the hard way and ran the SCNPST as well as teh PST2GB things and still nothing. What confuses me is that once i ran the PST2GB thing it told me to complete it with the SCNPST but it would not do it :( The latest and greatest trimming through PST2GB has brought the size down to 1.9GB and some change but still no cigar... Now outlook is giving me the error:"..is not compatible with this versio...

Email Help: Sending Outlook email from Excel VBA
Hi All, How do I select a specific property in outlook while sending email from excel? There is an option we can set in outlook outgoing emails call "Voting buttons" in that feature there is a custom option that we can select called "Have replies sent to" its a checkbox. I want it checked when i send an email from excel. Hope i made it clear. Thanks in advance If sending through the Outlook Object Model, use the MailItem.VotingOptions property and MailItem.ReplyRecipients collection. -- Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP) http://www.dimastr.com/ OutlookSp...

Help please - tried everything - nothing works
Hi I look after a network for a charity in the UK. We recently implemented web content filtering using Webmarshal from netiq. Users now access the internet using webmarshal's inbuilt proxy server. Since introducing this, users of MS Publisher can no longer access online clipart from within the Publisher programme - by doing a search. You can however view online content by browsing categories in clip organiser. I've been assuming that the issue is with the proxy server configuration and have added various microsoft.com addresses (the ones I've found reference to in Newsgroups) ...

Help me! About CTreeCtrl CustomDraw.
Hi: I use CustomDraw to custom color of my CTreeCtrl. All color was setted as I wish except the backcolor of left position line that always is white. Please help me! These is my source codes about I custom my CTreeCtrl: void MyTreeCtrl::OnCustomDraw(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult) { m_clrTextBk = ::g_ShowSetting.iTextBKColor;//the back color of my text m_clrText = ::g_ShowSetting.iTextFontColor;//the color of my text m_clrBkgnd = ::g_ShowSetting.iTextBKColor; //the color of background LPNMLVCUSTOMDRAW lplvcd = (LPNMLVCUSTOMDRAW)pNMHDR; switch(lplvcd->nmcd.dwDrawStage) { ...

Help needed with form problem
Workbook contains several forms of varying style and function. One form shows the results of 10 recent tests in a countdown fashion, showing just the results of one test, followed by a one-second delay, followed by just the results of the second test, and so on until the result of each of the 10 tests has been shown. Then the program proceeds on to the next step by calling up a different form. The problem . . . Sometimes when the program starts running one or two of the forms are blanked out ("white" with just the top header showing). The forms continue to function within the ...

No Smart Tag help: just a blank "MS Excel Help" window
When I invoke "help on this error" on a Smart Tag drop-down, a blank "MS Excel Help" window appears with no content. The general help pane that appears via <F1> etc. is fine - it's just the Smart Tag help option that doesn't show anything, just a blank window. Any suggestions? Win XP Home SP2 Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP1 ...

how can I get a publisher file to acrobat reader
I have a Regestration Form created in publisher 2003. When a confrence addtendee signs on to our web site they need to be able to click on a file (acrobat reader) Hopfuly, and download it and print it so they can fill out the form and mail it off. (I say acobat reader because that seems to be the most common way it's done. I dont see an export in publisher or a inport to acrobat. how can i make this happen You will need a third party program to create the pdf file. Adobe Acrobat but it's spendy or a freebee i.e., Primopdf or another commercial program of modest cost, i.e., PDF-XC...

i need to type on top of a line without it moving
I am trying to type on a line in a document, but the line moves when I do. I need to know how to type on top of the line without it moving in the document. To create the line I pressed the "dash" key and held it down. If I have created this the wrong way, please help me to get it right. I have Publisher 2007. Thank you Linda Don't type the line using dashes; type the line then use the line tool to draw the line under the statement. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Lulu" <Lulu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E2DDA57-0A3C-4E59-...

Using OUTPUT TO in VBA, then how to modify the XLS from Access?
I'm using the simple "OUTPUTTO" command to send a query over to Excel, however we will have many users and we would like to programmatically add the header rows, date printed, turn on the auto filter and freeze panes, all of which I can do within a Macro in Excel, but how do I call that macro to run from Access and How to run it on the file that they just created? Current Code: DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "MainRptWUser", acFormatXLS, , True "ThriftyFinanceGirl" wrote: > I'm using the simple "OUTPUTTO" command to send...

Vlookup Formula help required?
I'm trying to run the following formula:- =IF(B2="","",VLOOKUP($B2,'Data Field'!$A$7:$B$12,2)) I need the formula to run in each cell from B2 to B10000. I know I can drag the formula down through each cell. But this increases the size of the sheet. Is there any way to have the formula run in each of these cells without dragging down? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "Alan T" <Alan.T.x34nm@excelforum-nospam....

[Help] Tape Backup Developing
In order to develop tape backup program under Windows, I have just read "Microsoft Tape Format v1.0", and think I should follow the guidance of MTF. The question is: 1) There are many complex control structures (as many as 8 types of HEADERs) to store information such as volume, directory and file name; 2) But the Windows API only provides very simple (low level) Read/Write operations. Does it means that I must manually fill out those structures in accordance with the MTF and write them to the tape one by one? That will be a very big burden to us programmer! Any suggestions or re...

HTML Help Redistribution
Do I have to redistribute and run hhupd.exe to ensure that html help files can be displayed on a target computer or does statically linking in htmlhelp.lib satisfy the requirements ? "Ian Semmel" <anyone@rocketcomp.com.au> wrote in message news:%23yvQkPhsIHA.4840@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Do I have to redistribute and run hhupd.exe to ensure that html help files > can be displayed on a target computer or does statically linking in > htmlhelp.lib satisfy the requirements ? I believe every version of Windows since Windows 95 has included the HTML help engine....

how can I get outlook to set up my email accounts and have the se.
I keep getting error messages that the email server would not allow access, then the message now says that the email address line in outlook may be wrong, but I have checked it several times, and it is correct. It acts as though my previous attempts have somehow not been erased from the memory of the program. cjseals3 wrote: > I keep getting error messages that the email server would not allow > access, then the message now says that the email address line in > outlook may be wrong, but I have checked it several times, and it is > correct. It acts as though my previous attem...

please help me to fix this mapi32.dll
Hi there, =20 I really hope that you could help with this.. I've been=20 searching all over the place to find a simple answer =20 I have this message when open up Outlook 2000 and=20 sometimes when I open a new Windows XP Pro session "The procedure entry point WNETEnumCachedPasswords could=20 not be located in the dynamic link library MPR.DLL" What can I do to solve the problem? Except for that message, everything seems to be working=20 just fine..=20 I saw in other chatroom that this has to do with the=20 CorelDraw 7 that I've installed. It's now uninstalled =20 I have...

Help using Tables
Hi guys! I need some help. I have a table that has a percentage range. Like this. Less than 90% 0 90.0% 90.9% $ 2,625 91.0% 91.9% $ 3,413 92.0% 92.9% $ 4,200 93.0% 93.9% $ 4,988 94.0% 94.9% $ 5,775 95.0% 95.9% $ 6,563 96.0% 96.9% $ 7,350 97.0% 97.9% $ 8,138 98.0% 98.9% $ 8,925 99.0% 99.9% $ 9,713 100.0% 100.9% $ 10,500 101...

To Get PC's Information And Send To Excel
Hello all, I would like to have a script to collect all information about some window xp PC's. I need this script to call from a list I have in a text file. I need the Version, SN, Manufacturer, Model and System Type. Can anyone help me? "Drew" <Drew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88883F79-E3B7-4D60-9C7B-0BDC75E83DBB@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > > I would like to have a script to collect all information about some window > xp PC's. I need this script to call from a list I have in a text file. I > need > the Ve...

How to get combo box selected index changed event in another page from the existing page in winforms
Hi, I am working on windows forms project. I have two winforms (window1 and window2). I have a combobox called cmbEmail in window1 and Textbox called txtName in window2. I want to retrieve some information into the txtName in window2 when I selected something from cmbEmail in window1. If I write code to retrieve something into the txtName (which is in window2) in cmbEmail SelectedIndexchanged event in window1, I will get an error of txtName doesn't exist in this page. Can anybody help me to solve this problem.. Thanks and Regards Naresh "Naresh" &...

How do I get column headings to stay visible at all times in Exce.
I need the column headings to stay visible at all times on teh screen, and not just when you print the document? Hi! Select the ENTIRE row immediately under your column headers then goto Window>Freeze Panes. Biff "nemmettiv" <nemmettiv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:323C229B-9E55-41C7-AB90-9021E1FBA8E4@microsoft.com... >I need the column headings to stay visible at all times on teh screen, and > not just when you print the document? Hi Select Cell A2. Windows->Freeze Panes to hold row 1 inplace or select B2. windows->Freeze Panes to ...